Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon May 18, 2015 9:31 am

I can't move back to satisfied, as he's here to win things and to me that means we should at least challenge on a couple of fronts.

Whilst I can accept we won't win everything, I do expect him, with the resources he has, to challenge in the league, and 5 straight wins doesn't mask an absolutely appalling January-March, two abject cup exits where he could have got the same results by blooding kids, and a general malaise of some of our key players such as Kompany, Toure etc.

I hope he gets the start of next season to make amends
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby sheblue » Mon May 18, 2015 10:45 am

Never changed from satisfied.
Looks like he will be staying on which is good.
Lets hope he has learned a lot from this season.

If there is a bad start in August, how long is he getting?
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon May 18, 2015 11:03 am

sheblue wrote:Never changed from satisfied.

If we work on an assumption that we are appointing Guardiola the summer after, we may as well give Pellegrini the season as there would be nobody else decent who would come in for just half a season. This is the quandry we've caught ourselves in at the moment, because if we appoint Vieira on an interim basis until the end of the season and he does well, we can hardly brig another manager in without losing Vieira then.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 18, 2015 11:36 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

If we work on an assumption that we are appointing Guardiola the summer after, we may as well give Pellegrini the season as there would be nobody else decent who would come in for just half a season. This is the quandry we've caught ourselves in at the moment, because if we appoint Vieira on an interim basis until the end of the season and he does well, we can hardly brig another manager in without losing Vieira then.

afer watching a lot of the EDS games, I really wouldnt go anywhere near Vieira at the moment. His tactical nous needs some serious work
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dameerto » Mon May 18, 2015 12:56 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

afer watching a lot of the EDS games, I really wouldnt go anywhere near Vieira at the moment. His tactical nous needs some serious work

Is he trying to win matches or develop players though?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby clippo22 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:13 pm

Back to satisfied for me.

He's made us more solid whilst still keeping us banging in the goals. Komps hasn't just waltzed back into the team and must seriously be feeling the pressure of being left out for the start of next season with mangala and Demi still unbeaten this season, hopefully this will inspire him back to his best!

Yes we were awful between Jan and March but he's done something about it and learnt some lessons. A couple of 'crack' signings this summer and we will be a very good position to win the title back!
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 18, 2015 1:17 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Is he trying to win matches or develop players though?

Both I would hope. See my last update about the EDS game at the weekend, he made some very strange decisions

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=49591&p=707606#p707606
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Wooders » Mon May 25, 2015 12:18 pm

No kids again yesterday - a fine opportunity not taken, shame.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Herb » Mon May 25, 2015 2:55 pm

Wooders wrote:No kids again yesterday - a fine opportunity not taken, shame.

It's a shame in one way but it would've been immoral if it had happened because Southampton were in the running for an early round Europa League place . . we had nothing to play for except pride and the statistics but Southampton were in competition for a result that would've been worth millions to them. As they lost to us, Liverpool got 6th place and Southampton stayed in 7th. That's how it should be, everyone playing their strongest side in the best league in the world.
We wouldn't want it any other way, would we?
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Wooders » Mon May 25, 2015 3:06 pm

Why would have southamptons league position been our problem?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Wed May 27, 2015 7:16 am

He needs to be ruthless this summer but I have a feeling he wont be right now
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ruralblue » Wed May 27, 2015 8:12 am

Herb wrote:

It's a shame in one way but it would've been immoral if it had happened because Southampton were in the running for an early round Europa League place . . we had nothing to play for except pride and the statistics but Southampton were in competition for a result that would've been worth millions to them. As they lost to us, Liverpool got 6th place and Southampton stayed in 7th. That's how it should be, everyone playing their strongest side in the best league in the world.

But what would be wrong in putting a couple of kids in the bench?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 27, 2015 9:53 am

Herb wrote:

Quite rare, but I fully agree with you - to clarify for Wooders, it was our duty to Spurs and Liverpool to give Southampton a game
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wooders » Wed May 27, 2015 10:20 am

Why though? What do we owe them?

We should only have one priority - what's best for manchester city football club, its none of our concern what happens with other teams league position.
We had a good chance to play a couple of the more prominent youngsters, I'm not talking about putting out the whole eds team here - but what would have been wrong with bringing a couple off the bench for a bit of game time?
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed May 27, 2015 10:24 am

Wooders wrote:Why though? What do we owe them?

We should only have one priority - what's best for manchester city football club, its none of our concern what happens with other teams league position.
We had a good chance to play a couple of the more prominent youngsters, I'm not talking about putting out the whole eds team here - but what would have been wrong with bringing a couple off the bench for a bit of game time?

It's for the integrity of the competition. If we needed Sunderland to get a point at Chelsea in the last game (for us to win the league) and Sunderland send out a team full of kids we'd be fuming and the competition would be devalued.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 27, 2015 10:25 am

Maintaining the integrity of a competition is in the interests of every club. Nothing at all wrong with bringing a couple of kids on if we're comfortable, but some have been talking about starting 2 or 3 and having more on the bench.

If we ended up in a situation where we had to win our last game, and Chelsea had to lose at Liverpool who were comfortably in 4th place, would you stand up for the scousers' right to play a reserve team and get spanked 4.0 handing chelsea the title?

By playing fair towards Spurs and Liverpool, we can realistically call on them to be fair in the future.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wooders » Wed May 27, 2015 10:34 am

I'd be annoyed but would retain the view it isn't their problem. My original post was spurred by the dissapointnent that we didn't bring anyone off the bench when the job was done.
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Wed May 27, 2015 10:36 am

Wooders wrote:I'd be annoyed but would retain the view it isn't their problem. My original post was spurred by the dissapointnent that we didn't bring anyone off the bench when the job was done.

The job wasn't done until the 88th minute though?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed May 27, 2015 10:44 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

It's for the integrity of the competition. If we needed Sunderland to get a point at Chelsea in the last game (for us to win the league) and Sunderland send out a team full of kids we'd be fuming and the competition would be devalued.

It's a bit like the time when Mick McCarthy, as Wolves manager, played a 'second string' team at the Swamp because he knew they would get beaten and he wanted to 'save' his first choice players for those games they needed to win.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 27, 2015 10:56 am

I have zero probs with any manager's selecting of youth. He or she will live and die by their decisions so..it's on them.

If we'd started two kids or pulled them in for a half, while flanked by basically a teamful of international players how would that be devaluing anything? I don't see that. Often times those players are hungrier than some old turd who has his feet in the sand, drink in hand with his cock waving in front of his missus face already.

And yes I do need a holiday. And fast.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum