Pellegrini Satisfometer

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How satisfied are you with Pellegrini's work to date?

Highly satisfied
41%
Satisfied
24%
Neither satisfied nor particularly dissatisfied
8%
Dissatisfied
12%
Highly dissatisfied
15%

Total votes : 195

Re: Pellegrini Satisfometer

Postby twosips » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:12 pm

Wooders wrote:Martin Samuel has just tweeted that he's been sacked - probably bollocks

It's a parody account.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:15 pm

He is very well connected but he doesn't quite tweet that. He says the exhaustive process of finding a successor to Pellegrini has begun. The implication is he'll be sacked after the end of the season which is almost certainly correct.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Mase » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:19 pm

blues2win wrote:He is very well connected but he doesn't quite tweet that. He says the exhaustive process of finding a successor to Pellegrini has begun. The implication is he'll be sacked after the end of the season which is almost certainly correct.

Cheeky fuckers better bin him off this week. I need to know whether I'll be forking out an extra £200 for my renewal on last years season ticket and I'm not paying that if that old cunt is in charge still
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:22 pm

It is indeed a parody account. Apologies. Samuel states elsewhere that he doesn't have a Twitter account.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:34 am

So it is - even states on it - what a weird person to parady
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 07, 2015 6:37 am

Last night's result for Bayern certainly raises the question of how Pep would have fared with our group of players this season. Would he have been any better than Pellegrini?

I have my doubts. Bayern reached that semi final with an exceptional first team, they were schooled the minute a couple of decent players were missing, exactly as we've found each time we beat them.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 07, 2015 6:40 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:Last night's result for Bayern certainly raises the question of how Pep would have fared with our group of players this season. Would he have been any better than Pellegrini?

I have my doubts. Bayern reached that semi final with an exceptional first team, they were schooled the minute a couple of decent players were missing, exactly as we've found each time we beat them.

i don't believe that Pep would do better with us than the Count has done.

the fine line between allegedly top shelf managers is basically down to who's available and how they set it up.

i don't want Pep. i'd rather another year of the Count and then Paddy.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 07, 2015 8:10 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:Last night's result for Bayern certainly raises the question of how Pep would have fared with our group of players this season. Would he have been any better than Pellegrini?

They weren't schooled at all. They were well in this tie until a lapse from Bernat and a sweet strike from Messi followed by a piece of magic done them.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 07, 2015 8:15 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

They weren't schooled at all. They were well in this tie until a lapse from Bernat and a sweet strike from Messi followed by a piece of magic done them.

Last night's result was never in doubt from the minute Bayern's team sheet was announced.

Of course, had this been City last night, we would have been a national embarrassment.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu May 07, 2015 8:23 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

Last night's result was never in doubt from the minute Bayern's team sheet was announced.

Of course, had this been City last night, we would have been a national embarrassment.

I agree with that mate, it's funny how these things get reported. When we lost it was all about how bad we are, when Bayern lost it's all about how great Barca were.

If you ask me, take Messi out of that Barca side and put him in Munich's and you get a very different outcome.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat May 09, 2015 3:41 pm

Strong rumours that Pep has been signed up for us next season.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 09, 2015 3:47 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:Strong rumours that Pep has been signed up for us next season.

Just threaded it.

I wonder if the Count is actually part of City's backroom staff as well as manager & would be assigned another role. He was talking about stuff happening in 5 years . Doubt he expects to be manager then, even if he wins the title next year.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat May 09, 2015 3:50 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Strong rumours that Pep has been signed up for us next season.

Just threaded it.

I wonder if the Count is actually part of City's backroom staff as well as manager & would be assigned another role. He was talking about stuff happening in 5 years . Doubt he expects to be manager then, even if he wins the title next year.

If that is the case then I would be happier about this. I'd hate to think this (if true) has been dealt with in the same manner as Mark Hughes' dismissal or Mancini's
South Stand Balti

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat May 09, 2015 3:57 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Just threaded it.

If that is the case then I would be happier about this. I'd hate to think this (if true) has been dealt with in the same manner as Mark Hughes' dismissal or Mancini's

Whatever happens re this, I think the Count has a closer relationship with Txiki etc than the typical manager/d.o.f. & I doubt he will be completely in the dark re City's plans for the future, even if he hasn't been given precise details.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Bluedj » Sat May 09, 2015 4:30 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

i don't believe that Pep would do better with us than the Count has done.

the fine line between allegedly top shelf managers is basically down to who's available and how they set it up.

i don't want Pep. i'd rather another year of the Count and then Paddy.

cheers

We may of done much better, as Bayen scores from corners ;-)
Bluedj
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: vincent kompany

Postby twosips » Sun May 10, 2015 12:05 am

South Stand Balti wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Just threaded it.

Just saw this and it made me think yous may be on to something.

http://mobile.newsnow.co.uk/A/772331043?-1808:813

Not normal for a manager to insist he doesn't need a new contract is it? I wonder if he knows he's leaving after next season and will step aside gracefully.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Back to satisfied. Won the last five. Top scorers in the league and now even the best goal difference as well. Second looks likely. He's turned it round quite nicely. A couple of top notch signings and we start afresh next season with confidence on the up
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby everyonehatesus » Mon May 18, 2015 6:04 am

It's normal for every team to have a blip at some point in the season but ours was just to big and for reasons unknown. My real problem is the poor signings, god he's brought some shit into the team and for a lot of money. 2 years on the bounce know we have haven't actually managed to strengthen key areas if anything we have weekend the team as some get older and pass their best. We now have a situation where instead of bringing one or two players in and keep the team stable we have to have a big clear out and build again and we all know that's more difficult to do. This is why for me has to go, we can't afford another season going backwards as I makes the new managers job even harder.
everyonehatesus
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon May 18, 2015 7:03 am

His signings in the first summer transformed us into champions. They helped change us from one dimensional bore merchants to the most exciting team in the League. Last summer he was hamstrung with restrictions. We thought we'd bought in the right areas but in hindsight the attack needed freshening up a little.
Let's not rewrite history or play down how The Count's team has thrilled us.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon May 18, 2015 8:01 am

His signings in the first summer transformed us into champions. They helped change us from one dimensional bore merchants to the most exciting team in the League. Last summer he was hamstrung with restrictions. We thought we'd bought in the right areas but in hindsight the attack needed freshening up a little.
Let's not rewrite history or play down how The Count's team has thrilled us.

In all probability, he and Tricky were probably under restrictions two summers ago as well. The contracts we gave to Yaya, Silva, Agüero etc were in probably huge in order to get them here. Over time our income and turnover has grown to make them more "proportional" and with FFP restrictions gone in the summer, I think we're finally free to go bonkers on the transfer market again.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum