The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 19, 2014 8:52 am

Socrates wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Not really Ted because if you break even nobody goes digging into the accounts it seems. Only certain clubs were investigated. We have now managed to get ourselves under investigation for the next couple of years, after that they'll forget about us.

UEFA will never 'forget' about us.

Having the likes of Gill on board and Wenger moaning will see to that

They can investigate all they fucking want.

It will make no difference. They tried, they lost.

How did they lose? They placed limits on our ability to spend money, should the need arise, that will last for years!

No, they put a short term limit on our transfer spending. We can spend as much money as we want, if we 'earn' that money first.

We WILL 'earn' that money we ARE earning it already, with much more to come & there is fuck all they can do about it as their dodgy panel has failed to find a way of fucking up our sponsorship deals. So we will have more & more of them & as our world profile increases, so will the non Abu Dhabi deals.

We are about to break even according to Soriano, & be in profit next time. That's not because we've sold an extra 50 million shirts in Asia, it's because of the revenue which will be brought in by new deals now, & in the future, because of the huge weight of connections our owner, & his family, have around the world & especially, of course, in Abu Dhabi, but don't forget Dubai etc.

This was always going to happen, from the minute Platini & his corrupt cohorts decided to allow this crap. No way could we possibly just sell seats or shirts or open a cafe, to cover it, the money had to come from sponsorship & it was dead obvious that would happen.

We will end up catching & overtaking the likes of Utd & Barca, commercially, & have 150 mil per season to spend on players. We are soon about to catch Bayern Munich.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Socrates » Mon May 19, 2014 8:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Not really Ted because if you break even nobody goes digging into the accounts it seems. Only certain clubs were investigated. We have now managed to get ourselves under investigation for the next couple of years, after that they'll forget about us.

UEFA will never 'forget' about us.

Having the likes of Gill on board and Wenger moaning will see to that

They can investigate all they fucking want.

It will make no difference. They tried, they lost.

How did they lose? They placed limits on our ability to spend money, should the need arise, that will last for years!

No, they put a short term limit on our transfer spending. We can spend as much money as we want, if we 'earn' that money first.

We WILL 'earn' that money we ARE earning it already, with much more to come & there is fuck all they can do about it as their dodgy panel has failed to find a way of fucking up our sponsorship deals. So we will have more & more of them & as our world profile increases, so will the non Abu Dhabi deals.

We are about to break even according to Soriano, & be in profit next time. That's not because we've sold an extra 50 million shirts in Asia, it's because of the revenue which will be brought in by new deals now, & in the future, because of the huge weight of connections our owner, & his family, have around the world & especially, of course, in Abu Dhabi, but don't forget Dubai etc.

This was always going to happen, from the minute Platini & his corrupt cohorts decided to allow this crap. No way could we possibly just sell seats or shirts or open a cafe, to cover it, the money had to come from sponsorship & it was dead obvious that would happen.

We will end up catching & overtaking the likes of Utd & Barca, commercially, & have 150 mil per season to spend on players. We are soon about to catch Bayern Munich.

They also put in place benchmarks for what we are allowed to count as earnings in the future, it will limit us going forward way beyond this year. The removal of the option to have another spend should we need to is also a problem. You are getting carried away too about what is commercially possible in terms of future earnings. We are probably close to a plateau right now.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 19, 2014 9:01 am

Socrates wrote:
They also put in place benchmarks for what we are allowed to count as earnings in the future, it will limit us going forward way beyond this year. The removal of the option to have another spend should we need to is also a problem. You are getting carried away too about what is commercially possible in terms of future earnings. We are probably close to a plateau right now.

They haven't put in bench marks re our earnings at all, apart from the 'image rights' sales which are treading a thin line anyway. Where have you got that from ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Socrates » Mon May 19, 2014 9:15 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Socrates wrote:

They haven't put in bench marks re our earnings at all, apart from the 'image rights' sales which are treading a thin line anyway. Where have you got that from ?

They placed limits on commercial income from Abu Dhabi from two companies as we already discussed - that sets benchmarks. They can continue to scrutinise, limit and set benchmarks. The extent of genuine commercial activities is not as huge as you imply. We may get into similar ground as Barca and the rags for income but we aren't going to hugely surpass them as you imply.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 19, 2014 9:25 am

Socrates wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Socrates wrote:

They placed limits on commercial income from Abu Dhabi from two companies as we already discussed - that sets benchmarks. They can continue to scrutinise, limit and set benchmarks. The extent of genuine commercial activities is not as huge as you imply. We may get into similar ground as Barca and the rags for income but we aren't going to hugely surpass them as you imply.

They limited them 'for the duration of the settlement' & failed to limit the other one. Imo, we agreed to that in order to get it done. Nothing to stop us increasing the value of the other two IF we need to. Note the 'end of season' sponsorship from Expo 2020 Dubai ?

Not a full season one, just an 'end of season' one. We haven't even scratched the surface. Campus isn't built, Collor site isn't even started. New York etc hasn't even started. We are moving in a way no other football club ever has, it's all new groundbreaking stuff, run by people who go to lunch with Presidents & Prime Ministers.

We don't even need to hugely surpass the rags btw. Rags would have fucking gazillions to spend if they wre debt free, like us.

We are supposed to have competition.

If we win everything every year without competition, I'll watch another sport.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 19, 2014 9:41 am

Soccs in "overblowing FFP implications" shocker.

Can hardly believe that's the case.

As i've said for years. It's all horseshit. Plain and simple. They got their 2 oz of flesh and got to save some face and avoid a protracted courtroom scenario which probably would have exposed this for the institutional bung-wringing that this actually is, and we don't need the negative pub either apparently.

The club statement basically in the most polite way possible gives it to them in the guts and says "fuck off corrupt cunts."

This won't be an issue ever again in the club's minds i don't believe, unless something happens which causes us to miss our current FY targets.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 19, 2014 9:44 am

going to be very interesting what happens next season with Monaco. I would wager that they will take it all the way to the courtroom.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon May 19, 2014 9:49 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Soccs in "overblowing FFP implications" shocker.

As i've said for years. It's all horseshit. Plain and simple. They got their 2 oz of flesh and got to save some face and avoid a protracted courtroom scenario which probably would have exposed this for the institutional bung-wringing that this actually is, and we don't need the negative pub either apparently.

The club statement basically in the most polite way possible gives it to them in the guts and says "fuck off corrupt cunts."

This won't be an issue ever again in the club's minds i don't believe, unless something happens which causes us to miss our current FY targets.

cheers

If the Champions League squad is limited to 13 overseas players then we'll be reeling from the implications of FFP for a long time, Doomy. Both in terms of attracting overseas players (who'll want CL football) in terms of our current overseas players (who'll want a chance of winning the CL) and in terms of being held to ransom by our home-grown players for sticking with us.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Socrates » Mon May 19, 2014 9:51 am

cheers

Nope, I'm on the middle ground. Dismissing what has happened as some sort of victory is ridiculous but it isn't a disaster either. As usual you make your mind up what I've said rather than actually reading in context.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 19, 2014 9:52 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

cheers

If the Champions League squad is limited to 13 overseas players then we'll be reeling from the implications of FFP for a long time, Doomy. Both in terms of attracting overseas players (who'll want CL football) in terms of our current overseas players (who'll want a chance of winning the CL) and in terms of being held to ransom by our home-grown players for sticking with us.

If that limit does exist, it's only for next season, then it's back to normal.

I would actually quite enjoy a season of no expectation in the Champs Lg, then we knock out someone like Bayern Munich.

We may even get an atmosphere back for European games.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon May 19, 2014 2:24 pm

Socrates wrote:

cheers

Nope, I'm on the middle ground. Dismissing what has happened as some sort of victory is ridiculous but it isn't a disaster either. As usual you make your mind up what I've said rather than actually reading in context.

if you re-read the shit you write and don't feel like you sound like Chicken "fucking" Little then you have a very active imagination.

#natteringnabobofnegativism
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Socrates » Mon May 19, 2014 6:23 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:

cheers

if you re-read the shit you write and don't feel like you sound like Chicken "fucking" Little then you have a very active imagination.

no, I've actually been saying this was an ok result, not some great victory though that is lala-land more like a bloody and messy score draw. I'm a bit disappointed we aren't seeing them in court on the cartel angle to be honest, that could have worked.
#delusionalidiotsindenial
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Socrates wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Socrates wrote:

cheers

no, I've actually been saying this was an ok result, not some great victory though that is lala-land more like a bloody and messy score draw. I'm a bit disappointed we aren't seeing them in court on the cartel angle to be honest, that could have worked.
#delusionalidiotsindenial

Delusional idiots ?

So you are claiming our income has more or less levelled out, & people like myself, who think you're talking through your arse, are delusional ?

I'll remember that one.

If someone with that attitude had been running Utd since '92, I recon they'd still be playing in front of 35/ 40k & have the same income as Newcastle.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Tue May 20, 2014 3:52 am

#neverendingnewwaystoarguewithsoccs
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john@staustell » Tue May 20, 2014 8:58 am

Japan now

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/NEWS/20 ... -01-e.html

May 20, 2014

NISSAN AND YOKOHAMA F • MARINOS SEAL PARTNERSHIP
WITH CITY FOOTBALL GROUP
PARTNERS UNVEIL NEW VISION OF GROWTH FOR YOKOHAMA F•MARINOS

(YOKOHAMA, Japan. May 20th 2014) - Nissan Motor Co. today announced a partnership with City Football Group (CFG) which will see the global football network become a minority shareholder of the Yokohama F • Marinos (YF Marinos). The deal represents the first significant foreign investment in a J-League soccer club and has been designed to create new global opportunities for the YF Marinos and Japanese soccer talent.

The deal will see CFG collaborate with YF Marinos, exposing them to a world-class soccer infrastructure and network not seen before in the J-League but that has achieved popular acclaim and real success with teams like Manchester City FC, recently crowned Premier League Champions for the second time in three seasons.

“The YF Marinos is an excellent soccer club with a rich history which has grown hand in hand with Nissan. Together we see opportunities that CFG's global soccer infrastructure will bring to the club and the excitement it will bring to the fans," said Carlos Ghosn, Nissan President and CEO. “This partnership will contribute to the growth of the club, the club's hometown and Japanese soccer."

“We're thrilled to be able to play a role in investing and building on the ongoing success of YF Marinos," said Ferran Soriano, CEO, City Football Group. “We are proud to offer a collaborative and integrated approach to the football, marketing, media and commercial development of all the clubs in the City family. At the same time, we are proud that each of our clubs is firmly rooted and invested in its local community as well as connected and engaged with its supporter base. We are very much looking forward to starting our collaboration."

The globally innovative partnership between business and sport will provide the four times Asia champions, and three times J-league champions, in-depth knowledge and experience across the CFG global network which consists of the new Barclays Premier League Champions Manchester City with its senior, youth and women's teams, Melbourne Heart and New York City Football Club. In forming this partnership, YF Marinos will gain unrivalled access to CFG's training methods, medical care, sport science, team management and coaching know-how, providing a motivational draw for young Japanese players and placing the club in pole position to support the national team efforts of creating a world-class team for the future.

Akira Kaetsu, YF Marinos President commented, “this collaboration presents a fantastic opportunity to boost the support and growth of our club, not only in the community through youth sport investment and increased attendance, but also internationally by attracting more sponsors and supporting the national team efforts. Over the last four years we have undergone significant reform within the club with the clear goal of becoming a leading club in Japan and we have achieved our target successfully. Now, alongside CFG we look forward to building on that foundation to take YF Marinos into the wider Asian and World arenas."

YF Marinos has already established an impressive contribution to the national team with 16 players from YF Marinos having played for Japan since 1999 and with Manabu Saito recently being confirmed as part of the national team for this summer's tournament. This new collaboration will bring operational excellence to support the growth of YF Marinos and Japanese football providing the support to recruit, develop, train and grow.

As a global brand, Nissan stands for innovation to excite their consumer, a brand essence shared by City Football Group. With this shared purpose the two partners will explore further global joint opportunities in the coming months
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 20, 2014 9:07 am

Ahh right.

There were Nissan ads on the digital doodahs last week.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Tue May 20, 2014 9:33 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Ahh right. There were Nissan ads on the digital doodahs last week.

MCFG OK!

Haha fuck fucking UEFA fuck G14 and Fuck most of the ECA we are going uberglobal
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john@staustell » Tue May 20, 2014 9:41 am

ant london wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Ahh right. There were Nissan ads on the digital doodahs last week.

MCFG OK!

Haha fuck fucking UEFA fuck G14 and Fuck most of the ECA we are going uberglobal

Well they did say we couldn't expand 2 EXISTING ones. So as you say they can stick this up their collective wotsit!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Thu May 22, 2014 7:39 am

The Shanghai rumour

Many of you may be aware there is a rumour in Shanghai that we are buying one of the City's 3 football clubs. there is no info about it on the web, I think the source is people watching TV over there and leading to a thread on BM.

Ah how it takes me back to Stuart Pearce's fiasco against that pub team Kashima Antlers or something.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Fri May 30, 2014 9:58 am

KFC Thailand

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... even-Shoot

MCFC have today announced exciting plans to team up with KFC to help grow Thailand’s biggest 7-a-side youth football tournament.

Now in its sixth consecutive year, the KFC Seven Shoot 2014 aims to encourage children to play football and will see over 3,000 Thai youth teams - comprising 50,000 youngsters aged from 12-15 - compete to be crowned nationwide champions.

As part of the two year deal, tournament marketing collateral including pictures of Manchester City stars such as Vincent Kompany and David Silva will appear in over 500 KFC restaurants and on billboards throughout Thailand.

Winners of the tournament will not only receive the KFC Seven Shoot 2014 Grand Trophy and a grant, but will also be flown to Manchester for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take part in a series of skills workshops, led by City’s expert School of Football coaches.
The lucky winners will also get a behind-the-scenes tour of the Etihad Stadium and watch City stars including Joe Hart, Samir Nasri and Alvaro Negredo in action.

Commenting on the partnership, Tom Glick, Chief Commercial and Operating Officer, said: "As a Club that is passionate about inspiring children to play football, we’re delighted to support KFC Seven Shoot. The tournament provides youngsters from schools and communities throughout Thailand with an invaluable opportunity to demonstrate their footballing abilities and fulfill their true sporting potential.

"We enjoy incredible support in Thailand, having recently launched our Thai website and Twitter account, so it’s a privilege to be able to welcome the winners to Manchester and help them develop their skills."

Waewkanee Assoratgoon, KFC Country General Manager of Yum! Restaurants International (Thailand) Co., Ltd, added: "KFC Seven Shoot is one of the integral parts of KFC Thailand’s sustainable community programs. Corporate social responsibility is the core of the company’s business conduct.

"The main objective of this program is to encourage students to play sports as it is one of the best ways to spend their free time wisely, as well as keeping themselves healthy, both physically and mentally.
Chainarong Lerlertvanich, General Manager for KFC of Central Restaurants Group, added: "The KFC Seven Shoot project is originated from the idea that football can help promote exercise and suitable intake of food. It’s ideal for kids who are passionate about football wanting to show what they’ve got and at the same time developing their skills for a better and bigger goal in the future.

"Determined in bringing the Thai youth’s dream come true, KFC Thailand is committed to hosting KFC Seven Shoot as a means for the kids to achieve their dreams."
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum