The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:Is it ever disclosed how much all these actually bring in?

Hopefully it's 400 million.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:04 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Is it ever disclosed how much all these actually bring in?

Hopefully it's 400 million.

we have to give them a short term loan of £50m and as a thanks they have promised to repay us that and an additional £400m
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby twosips » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:14 pm

Relieved to hear this. Had been shitting it at the prospect of Chelsea getting there before us.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Blue Oli » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:46 am

I'm still waiting for a real big deal something rag like will do for me :

Training kit sponsorship:

1. Left sock - 10 millions a year for logo placed on the underneath of each left sock (training kit only)

2. Right sick - 20 million per year for logo placed on underneath of each right sock (training kit only) FFP reasoning right sock is statistically more likely to be seen

3. Training shorts - 209 million per year for logo imprinted on inside of shorts (training kit only), an additional 409 million per year for logo on outside and 1 billion per year on Yayas butt (FFP reasoning being that it's seen on camera walking away from the action more than any filmed player view)

4. Training top - 45p per year

5. Training gloves (Milner deal not included) 2 million per hand per player per year.

And on it goes ........

Now I am 100% sure we can find some oil companies and even some multinationals wishing to supply Abu Dhabi which will snap out hands off for this given than fucking stupid training kit deal the scum got - let move away from Malaysian grooming and botswanan lubricant sponsorship into the real deals so we can spend

PS - I honestly think the deal above is the reason we have held onto yaya and its in the pipeline already.
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:14 am

twosips wrote:Relieved to hear this. Had been shitting it at the prospect of Chelsea getting there before us.

Brilliant comment; very chuckleworthy.

Nice one chum.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 27, 2015 6:33 am

Right - good old Tom Glick has gone off to NYC to trn the club into the economic powerhouse their results dont deserve. Meanwhile one Mr Omar Berrada has taken up the reins and seems to be busying himself in Africa. PZ Cussons in Nigeria yesterday and Vivo Energy that I had missed in April, (Shell-branded products right across Africa):

Vivo:
Premier League champions Manchester City have put pen to paper on a new regional sponsorship agreement with Vivo Energy.

Vivo, a distributor of Shell-branded products across Africa, becomes the club’s official fuels and lubricants partner in Botswana.

To activate the partnership, Vivo has begun a two-month retail promotion across Botswana that gives customers the chance to win all-expenses-paid trips to the Etihad Stadium.

The new agreement, announced on Tuesday, adds to Vivo’s existing partnership with City in the Ivory Coast - a similar deal that was confirmed at the end of last year.

Manchester City to launch San Diego tournament
“We are looking forward to extending our already successful relationship with Vivo Energy in Africa,” said Omar Berrada, the commercial director of City’s commercial arm, City Football Marketing.

“As a quickly growing energy business with an impressive footprint across the continent, we are confident we can work together to continue to provide great experiences for their customers, whilst building our presence in key markets.”

And PZ Cussons:
English soccer side Manchester City FC have entered into a three-year partnership with PZ Cussons Plc.

The deal with PZ Cussons, an international consumer products group headquartered in Manchester, sees the company become the Premier League club’s official partner in Nigeria.

PZ Cussons will drive the partnership through its local Premier, Olympic and Robb brands in Nigeria - the company’s largest market.

Manchester City will look to grow the club’s fan base in the region through the partnership with offers and prize competitions for PZ Cussons’ customers. These will include VIP matchday experiences at the club’s Etihad Stadium and opportunities to meet the players at private training sessions.

Omar Berrada, the commercial director of City Football Marketing, which brokers Manchester City FC’s commercial partnerships, said: “Nigeria, and Africa more broadly, are extremely important markets, where our fan base is continuing to grow.

“We will continue to build a strong relationship with PZ Cussons and are looking forward to providing fantastic experiences for their customers and our fans”.

Tim Perman, the group category & brand director of PZ Cussons, added: “There is a great fit between our brands in terms of heritage, values and a desire to win.

“We look forward to delighting our consumers with unique experiences from brands that they trust and a sport that they love”.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 27, 2015 6:42 am

Meanwhile in the UAE - 30,000 fans have signed up as SKY BLUE UAE membership since 2011 and 5000 of them have made the trip over to Manchester:

http://www.thenational.ae/uae/sky-is-th ... -city-fans?

ABU DHABI // Tens of thousands of Manchester City supporters have taken advantage of an initiative between the club and Etihad Airways.

Thirty thousand fans of the boys in blue have signed up for the Sky Blue UAE membership programme since its launch in 2011.

The programme allows members to make use of flight deals to Manchester, with more than 5,000 so far making the journey.

“Sky Blue membership in the UAE aims to connect fans in the UAE directly with the club – and we are delighted with the results,” said Olivier Turkel, head of commercial Mena, Manchester City FC.

“They are all very much part of the City family now and the FanZone events we have organised in Abu Dhabi have shown us just how much the club means to them.

“In addition we have had many fans coming to Manchester from Abu Dhabi as well as all corners of the world which is very special and those bonds just keep getting stronger.”

It is a bond that has not weakened, despite the distance between the fans and their team.

“It was pretty overwhelming to have so many fans coming to see us when we have been in Abu Dhabi and personally for me it was a very special trip,” said midfielder Samir Nasri.

“On one evening I went to a sports shop to meet supporters and they were so passionate and loyal – that is just something I was not expecting so many miles away from Manchester.”

Members of Sky Blue also have access to events including match screenings at Zayed Sport City.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 27, 2015 7:05 am

john@staustell wrote:Meanwhile in the UAE - 30,000 fans have signed up as SKY BLUE UAE membership since 2011 and 5000 of them have made the trip over to Manchester:

ABU DHABI // Tens of thousands of Manchester City supporters have taken advantage of an initiative between the club and Etihad Airways.

Thirty thousand fans of the boys in blue have signed up for the Sky Blue UAE membership programme since its launch in 2011.

The programme allows members to make use of flight deals to Manchester, with more than 5,000 so far making the journey.

Unfortunately I'm not aware that this would create any revenue for the club - it's simply the Etihad loyalty program with a different badge.......unless Etihad pay City a million quid for each new member for the use of the MCFC branding ;0)
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed May 27, 2015 7:16 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
john@staustell wrote:Meanwhile in the UAE - 30,000 fans have signed up as SKY BLUE UAE membership since 2011 and 5000 of them have made the trip over to Manchester:

Unfortunately I'm not aware that this would create any revenue for the club - it's simply the Etihad loyalty program with a different badge.......unless Etihad pay City a million quid for each new member for the use of the MCFC branding ;0)

Will they all buy a City 'template' shirt? I think the answer would be yes from a huge Nike shop somewhere.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 27, 2015 8:00 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Will they all buy a City 'template' shirt? I think the answer would be yes from a huge Nike shop somewhere.

Few if any of the 5000 will have any interest in City at all. British expats in Abu Dhabi and Dubai will sign up to anything if they think they will get travel discounts for their summer flights home or holidays
Last edited by Im_Spartacus on Wed May 27, 2015 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Oli » Wed May 27, 2015 9:32 am

I want an announcement covering my new season ticket as well now !
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

Postby CTID Hants » Wed May 27, 2015 11:44 am

Or the City Store in Abu Dhabi itself :-)
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby john@staustell » Wed May 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Yep I think the African stuff above is more promising
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 27, 2015 7:14 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

I just wonder how much does one pay to have city as the official condom partner of Botswana or whatever it was.....it sounds so bloody random, but going to countries like that shows how hard the marketing team are working.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby john@staustell » Thu May 28, 2015 10:11 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

I just wonder how much does one pay to have city as the official condom partner of Botswana or whatever it was.....it sounds so bloody random, but going to countries like that shows how hard the marketing team are working.

I think they are still just laying seeds which will come to fruition. One day everyone will just look at our revenue and say 'WOW'! Mind you they'll still say 'the owners top up the income' and all that shit.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Thu May 28, 2015 10:16 am

Meanwhile, courtesy of a still-working BM - I think Citibank is a more household name. Seems to be the season of deals!

http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/News/Article ... WbqN9JVhHw

Multi-year deal with Citibank boosts revenue

City have announced a "multi-year" agreement with Citibank to become the club's official banking partner. The deal with the global banking giant is further evidence of the rampant commercial growth at the club, which saw City's income rise 59% last year. The Blues are now valued as the world's fifth most valuable club, according to business magazine Forbes.

Ferran Soriano, City's CEO, said: “We are delighted to bring Manchester City and Citi together in this dynamic collaboration. Both organisations have a lot in common and I am convinced that this relationship will create very exciting moments for Citi’s customers and Manchester City’s fans.”

“We are proud to become an official banking partner of Manchester City Football Club,” said Jim Cowles, CEO of Citi for Europe, the Middle East and Africa region. “The ability to align one of the fastest growing football brands in the world with Citi and our vast network is an incredible opportunity, and we are excited about what the future entails.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Blue Oli » Thu May 28, 2015 12:19 pm

lots of song rights here with CITI = City songs from the terrace for adverts

If they open a CITI City account I'm moving bank
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 28, 2015 12:50 pm

Blue Oli wrote:lots of song rights here with CITI = City songs from the terrace for adverts

CITI City the least fiscally responsible bank in all the world

in all the world
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Blue Oli wrote:lots of song rights here with CITI = City songs from the terrace for adverts

in all the world

ha ha, sign me up
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Blue Oli » Thu May 28, 2015 1:08 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

in all the world

Lol there are a few others before them in that list but it works for me !
Blue Oli
Robinho's Step Over

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum