The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby john@staustell » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:01 am

More beer, more beer is the cry:

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/foot ... ith-tecate?

October 5 - Mexican beer brand Tecate has added a fourth regional sponsorship with the addition of Manchester City from the English Premier League.

Man City join France's Paris Saint-Germain, Spain's Barcelona and Italy's Juventus as having Tecate as the official regional beer.

Tecate is the brand leader in the portfolio of CM/Heineken Mexico and promotes itself via a 'We are Football' catchline. In recent months the brand has expanded aggressively in football sponsorship both in Mexico and with foreign clubs. It now has partnered with the league leaders in four of Europe's Big 5 football markets.

The Man City deal is described as a multi-year agreement (the deals with the other clubs are for five years), but no figure has been announced for the deal. At then end of last month the club signed a regional sponshorship with the Singha brewery for Thaliand, Cambodia and Mayanmar.

Raul Gonzalez, brand director at CM/HEINEKEN Mexico, said: "As the fastest growing football club in the world Manchester City's success, history and ambition is attracting fans all around the world. Our Consumers at Tecate will now be there, every time the fans are moved and inspired by such a magnificent Club."

Gonzalez promised that this "new partnership between Tecate and Manchester City will result in incredible experiences for the fans of our brand, so stay tuned to our social media platforms for upcoming news and unique moments."

Omar Berrada, commercial director of City Football Marketing, said: "We are very pleased to welcome Tecate® on board as our Official Beer for Mexico. We are delighted that the brand also becomes our first partner in Mexico, home to some of the world's most passionate football fans. We are looking forward to working together to create some great opportunities to engage Tecate consumers in Manchester."

CM/HEINEKEN Mexico was founded in 1890, and has six beer brewing plants and one malting plant in Mexico. In May 2010, Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma merged with HEINEKEN, the second largest brewing company in terms of revenue worldwide.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:36 pm

john@staustell wrote:More beer, more beer is the cry:

Raul Gonzalez, brand director at CM/HEINEKEN Mexico, said: "As the fastest growing football club in the world Manchester City's success, history and ambition is attracting fans all around the world. Our Consumers at Tecate will now be there, every time the fans are moved and inspired by such a magnificent Club."

Omar Berrada, commercial director of City Football Marketing, said: "We are very pleased to welcome Tecate® on board as our Official Beer for Mexico. We are delighted that the brand also becomes our first partner in Mexico, home to some of the world's most passionate football fans. We are looking forward to working together to create some great opportunities to engage Tecate consumers in Manchester."

At first, I thought City might have chosen Tecate for a new partner, because their eagle logo looks vaguely familiar!

I'm actually surprised that they haven't tried for a partnership with Blue Moon beer, in the USA... Think of all the co-branding possibilities, for both!

Cheers and Happy Man City Derby Oktoberfest!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:42 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

At first, I thought City might have chosen Tecate for a new partner, because their eagle logo looks vaguely familiar!

I'm actually surprised that they haven't tried for a partnership with Blue Moon beer, in the USA... Think of all the co-branding possibilities, for both!

Blue Moon is crap. Fucking absolutely shit. Unlike Tecate. Ahem.

Okay, so maybe it would be interesting economically or marketing-wise, but we're taking the piss with all of these contracts. I "get" it...but at some point i wish we had a quality filter to stop the bullshit brands from leaking into the City ecosystem. Fucking Tecate? It's absolute crap you wouldn't drink unless you were a student on a holiday bender. At least gimme a Negra fucking Modelo. I can drink one of those.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby patrickblue » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:09 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

Okay, so maybe it would be interesting economically or marketing-wise, but we're taking the piss with all of these contracts. I "get" it...but at some point i wish we had a quality filter to stop the bullshit brands from leaking into the City ecosystem. Fucking Tecate? It's absolute crap you wouldn't drink unless you were a student on a holiday bender. At least gimme a Negra fucking Modelo. I can drink one of those.

cheers

In my (admittedly limited) experience, the US seem to make the crappest commercial beer in the world, which is a bit ironic because a lot of the small brewers (is it called craft beer?) is some of the best. It seems that when they have perfected something really obnoxious like Coors or Budweiser, they then come out with a lite version, which is even more tasteless.
Of course, where the US go, the UK aren't long in following, so the situation is similar here.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:13 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:

cheers

Bluemoon is rocket fuel. Drink pints of that stuff on draught and your off your Tits in no time.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:24 pm

DoomMerchant wrote: Blue Moon is crap. Fucking absolutely shit. Unlike Tecate. Ahem.

Okay, so maybe it would be interesting economically or marketing-wise, but we're taking the piss with all of these contracts. I "get" it...but at some point i wish we had a quality filter to stop the bullshit brands from leaking into the City ecosystem. Fucking Tecate? It's absolute crap you wouldn't drink unless you were a student on a holiday bender. At least gimme a Negra fucking Modelo. I can drink one of those. cheers

Yes, I was actually wondering whether City chose Tecate & Singha as partners, because their logos looked nice, with City's badge!... As for me, I'd personally choose to drink Blue Moon, rather than Tecate or Singha.

Maybe it's just City's attempt to create a new partner drinking game?... We drink a CocoJOY water, for every time that City scores a goal... We drink a Tecate beer, every time that City gets bad calls from the ref... and we all Singha "Blue Moon," every time that City wins!

... To pay for all my silly jokes, I now owe you a virtual round, of whatever you like to drink the most...Cheers & may all your drinks be in the best of taste!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:23 pm

WhyAlwaysMe? wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote: Blue Moon is crap. Fucking absolutely shit. Unlike Tecate. Ahem.

Okay, so maybe it would be interesting economically or marketing-wise, but we're taking the piss with all of these contracts. I "get" it...but at some point i wish we had a quality filter to stop the bullshit brands from leaking into the City ecosystem. Fucking Tecate? It's absolute crap you wouldn't drink unless you were a student on a holiday bender. At least gimme a Negra fucking Modelo. I can drink one of those. cheers

Yes, I was actually wondering whether City chose Tecate & Singha as partners, because their logos looked nice, with City's badge!... As for me, I'd personally choose to drink Blue Moon, rather than Tecate or Singha.

Maybe it's just City's attempt to create a new partner drinking game?... We drink a CocoJOY water, for every time that City scores a goal... We drink a Tecate beer, every time that City gets bad calls from the ref... and we all Singha "Blue Moon," every time that City wins!

... To pay for all my silly jokes, I now owe you a virtual round, of whatever you like to drink the most...Cheers & may all your drinks be in the best of taste!

Singha is a delicious beer compared to the others you mentioned.

And in the US we actually have better beer than the UK by a mile but you can't consider Coors or Budweiser etc. the craft beer movement has created just an amazing plethora of amazing beer and quite a bit of shit too tbf. But if you like beer and make the effort in the US you can find the best beer anywhere in the world.

My fave brewery he last few years is Ommegang. Jesus fuck they make some beers. Brooklyn is my go to session beer. Really great stuff all around from them.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:45 am

DoomMerchant wrote:And in the US we actually have better beer than the UK by a mile but you can't consider Coors or Budweiser etc. the craft beer movement has created just an amazing plethora of amazing beer and quite a bit of shit too tbf. But if you like beer and make the effort in the US you can find the best beer anywhere in the world.

My fave brewery he last few years is Ommegang. Jesus fuck they make some beers. Brooklyn is my go to session beer. Really great stuff all around from them.
Cheers

You've made excellent choices from NY state... Ommegang's Hennepin or Abbey Ales are very tasty.

I also like the Brooklyn Brewery beers...Their Brooklyn brown, pumpkin ale, or chocolate stout are all perfect for Oktoberfest! I'm not much of a lager drinker, so Singha & Tecate are not really my cup of beer.

Both the UK & USA have delicious beers available... So, it's really a matter of personal taste... I can't say that one country has the monopoly on the best beer in the world...I have favourites from all over the world.

Cheers & enjoy!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:00 am

Sam Addams 'Rebel' is delicious. But at 6% it soon sneaks up on you. When we beat Villa 4-0, half a dozen pints of that and a couple of Blue Moons to follow, had me making an utter twat of myself in front of the in laws.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:40 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Sam Addams 'Rebel' is delicious. But at 6% it soon sneaks up on you. When we beat Villa 4-0, half a dozen pints of that and a couple of Blue Moons to follow, had me making an utter twat of myself in front of the in laws.

I'm extremely impressed that you survived that drinking session, you Rebel Rouser!

As for the choice of City's new global partners, will they now be selling & promoting Tecate & Singha beer, at City Square & the Etihad?
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:50 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Sam Addams 'Rebel' is delicious. But at 6% it soon sneaks up on you. When we beat Villa 4-0, half a dozen pints of that and a couple of Blue Moons to follow, had me making an utter twat of myself in front of the in laws.

I like to drink a Belgian that's about 8-9% so....there's that.

Can't stand blue moon. Rebel is kind of a commodity IPA. Next time you're over we will find some time perhaps to have a tipple. Or two.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:01 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Can't stand blue moon. Rebel is kind of a commodity IPA. Next time you're over we will find some time perhaps to have a tipple. Or two.

Cheers

Maybe the club ought to get sponsorship from a beer from each country from which we have a player. A strong Belgian brew for company, maybe Estrella and San Miguel for Jesus and Dave, a British micro brewery for Sterling, Shropshire Gold for Hart etc., and a Ginger beer for KDB.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby mr_nool » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:45 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Maybe the club ought to get sponsorship from a beer from each country from which we have a player. A strong Belgian brew for company, maybe Estrella and San Miguel for Jesus and Dave, a British micro brewery for Sterling, Shropshire Gold for Hart etc., and a Ginger beer for KDB.

There're way too many South Americans in the squad for that.

But that said, I would go with a sturdy, but still subtle Pelforth Brune for Clichy, while Sagna gets a heavy, intricate and quite surprising Triple Epices. Samir, gets a generic Kronenbourg 1664 - it's a bit of a girly drink. Mangala is a Abbaye du Mont des Cats - fantastic potential, but possibly wont make the grade (of a Trappist beer).

Kompany is obviously a Rochefort 10 - the king of Belgian ales. Dark, powerful, strong. Our new friend, Kevin, is clearly a Chimay Rood (Red), a lively, exciting brown ale, which deliver quite a kick at 7%.

Hart's a Battlefield, Delph is a Timothy Taylor Landlord's, Sterling a Fuller's London Pride and Wright a Briarbank.

Jesus Navas is an Cruzcampo - dependable, consistent, but no real end product. Silva is an Estrella Voll-Damm - surprisingly strong and complex.

And now people like Carl, BiB and Asante have to take over. South American, Africa and Balkan beers are not my forte ...
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby WhyAlwaysMe? » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:51 pm

^^These are all excellent choices for potential sponsors & City partnerships!

I wonder if the following companies would also be good sponsors?... Of course, Yaya Toure will be promoting new partner, Cocojoy water, since he doesn't drink alcohol.

Aguero, Zabaleta, Otamendi & Caballero could be sponsored by Del Castillo Stout & Strong Ale, since the Argentinian brewer shares a name with Sergio.

Fernando & Fernandinho should be sponsored by Wäls Quadruppel, from Brazil

Kolarov will be sponsored by LAV beer, which is also the official beer of the Serbian National Team

Sterling & Delph will be sponsored by Rebellion Stepover beer!

Manuel Pellegrini should be sponsored by Pellegrino water, since he has brought them so much extra publicity & google searches!

I wonder if we get a commisision, if we pitch all these ideas to the club & they are successful?
Cheers & enjoy your drinks!
WhyAlwaysMe?
Superman's Underpants

Postby trevbray89 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:25 am

DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

I also like to drink a Belgian
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can". ngssoccer
trevbray89
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Gareth Barry

Postby stevefromdonny » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:19 am

Seems City are rolling in new deals every other week these days.

UK-licensed online betting operator Betsafe has signed on as the new sponsor of English Premier Leaguers Manchester City FC.
On Thursday, Betsafe announced it had become Man City’s official betting partner across the team’s core regions for both the Men’s and Women’s teams. The deal allows Betsafe to set up branded betting kiosks and LED advertising at Etihad Stadium, with prominent placement across the club’s official digital channels as well as the standard special bonus offers for the teams’ fans.
Betsafe, an offshoot of Nordic operator Betsson, has a similar deal with German Bundesliga club FC Köln but global brand manager Martina Brynielsson said the company was “over the blue moon” for snagging Man City as Betsafe’s “first sizable foray” into UK partnerships.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby stevefromdonny » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:21 am

stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:16 am

stevefromdonny wrote:Image

jesus and the 'keepers. safe.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:08 am

mr_nool wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

But that said, I would go with a sturdy, but still subtle Pelforth Brune for Clichy, while Sagna gets a heavy, intricate and quite surprising Triple Epices. Samir, gets a generic Kronenbourg 1664 - it's a bit of a girly drink. Mangala is a Abbaye du Mont des Cats - fantastic potential, but possibly wont make the grade (of a Trappist beer).

Kompany is obviously a Rochefort 10 - the king of Belgian ales. Dark, powerful, strong. Our new friend, Kevin, is clearly a Chimay Rood (Red), a lively, exciting brown ale, which deliver quite a kick at 7%.

Hart's a Battlefield, Delph is a Timothy Taylor Landlord's, Sterling a Fuller's London Pride and Wright a Briarbank.

Jesus Navas is an Cruzcampo - dependable, consistent, but no real end product. Silva is an Estrella Voll-Damm - surprisingly strong and complex.

And now people like Carl, BiB and Asante have to take over. South American, Africa and Balkan beers are not my forte ...

Just caught this. One of the most thoughtful and best posts this year. Loved it. Some great beers that I don't know either that I've got to get an eye out for.

Top bombin Noolser.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:22 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Cheers

Just caught this. One of the most thoughtful and best posts this year. Loved it. Some great beers that I don't know either that I've got to get an eye out for.

Top bombin Noolser.

Cheers

Where's 5XWinners to provide the link to Adug?
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum