The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby lets all have a disco » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Bit slow the last week or so have we not got an official tampon partner in South Africa yet?
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:28 am

lets all have a disco wrote:Bit slow the last week or so have we not got an official tampon partner in South Africa yet?

I'm looking for an Ethiopian rice sponsor or a Syrian sponsor of fencing or something.

Sort is Spafiax!

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:44 am

No rice but you now have a tyre partner in South Korea. Cant wait for North!

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/manc ... edium=feed

English Premier League soccer team Manchester City have confirmed the signing of Korean tyre manufacturer Nexen Tire as their official tyre partner.

Details about the duration of the deal were not announced, nor was any financial information, though it is likely to amount to low seven-figure sum.

As well as having a wide-ranging rights package as part of the agreement, including an LED presence at all of Manchester City’s home games at the Etihad Stadium, Nexen Tire will also assume naming rights of the community bridge linking the Etihad Stadium with the City Football Academy.

Nexen already has a significant market share in both its home east Asian territories and North America, and is now targeting expansion in Europe, with deals such as this seen as key to promoting its brand.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:54 pm

That's good but I'm concerned that we haven't yet covered off the Korean windscreen wiper and brake pad markets; get your fingers out guys.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:14 am

This is interesting. Not too long ago you felt very lonely away from Fallowfield wearing a City top. Worldwide kit sales:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_ ... ts-2015-16
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:52 am

Cant believe we are that high in the table success and Nike have contributed to that.

Also fuck me Rags sell a lot of shirts.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:11 am

john@staustell wrote:This is interesting. Not too long ago you felt very lonely away from Fallowfield wearing a City top. Worldwide kit sales:

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_ ... ts-2015-16

do we know how many of our sales were shipped to mr. s mansour in the uae?
my guess is that his garage is quite full...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:14 am

I dont know the source, might all be shite for all I know, but it's a good news story.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby patrickblue » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:16 pm

On the subject of shirt sales, I have just spent ten days in Havana, and did my usual shirt count. Nearly every shirt I saw was Barca, and strangely not one Real Madrid. Also 2 rag shirts, one on a south east asian tourist, and one on a guy who was with a girl, pretty sure he was a tourist too, looked a bit South American.
And that was the sum total of football shirts, until on my last night, this guy goes into the bar I was drinking outside of in one of these

I immediately thought he was a Manc on holiday, and as I'd totally missed the WH game, thought I'd ask him what happened.

Turns out he was a Cuban from Holguin, which is five hundred odd miles down the other end of the island. God knows how he got his hands on the shirt, there's a dire lack of internet in Havana, let alone out in the sticks. Unfortunately his English was on a par with my Spanish, non existent, so we had a beer and waved our arms around at each other for a while, but all I really established was that he thinks City are the bees knees from watching them on ESPN.
Very strange meeting, but it shows the exposure the club are getting nowadays
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:58 pm

patrickblue wrote:On the subject of shirt sales, I have just spent ten days in Havana, and did my usual shirt count. Nearly every shirt I saw was Barca, and strangely not one Real Madrid. Also 2 rag shirts, one on a south east asian tourist, and one on a guy who was with a girl, pretty sure he was a tourist too, looked a bit South American.
And that was the sum total of football shirts, until on my last night, this guy goes into the bar I was drinking outside of in one of these

I immediately thought he was a Manc on holiday, and as I'd totally missed the WH game, thought I'd ask him what happened.

Turns out he was a Cuban from Holguin, which is five hundred odd miles down the other end of the island. God knows how he got his hands on the shirt, there's a dire lack of internet in Havana, let alone out in the sticks. Unfortunately his English was on a par with my Spanish, non existent, so we had a beer and waved our arms around at each other for a while, but all I really established was that he thinks City are the bees knees from watching them on ESPN.

It's crazy how far we've come. I remember going to Florida about twenty years ago and spotting a guy in Sea World wearing a City kit. Our family and his family got chatting and as we first thought, they were Manc. Now if I was in Florida and saw a City shirt they could be from anywhere.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:28 pm

'Build it, and they will come'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby zuricity » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 pm

patrickblue wrote:On the subject of shirt sales, I have just spent ten days in Havana, and did my usual shirt count. Nearly every shirt I saw was Barca, and strangely not one Real Madrid. Also 2 rag shirts, one on a south east asian tourist, and one on a guy who was with a girl, pretty sure he was a tourist too, looked a bit South American.

My daughter spent 4 weeks in Cuba last year and she took some old City shirts , to give to local kids.

Some little urchin is walking around with my black Robinho shirt !
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:'Build it, and they will come'.

26th of June
Cathedral of Football, thread.

Great minds, Beefy.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby stevefromdonny » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:13 pm

Manchester City have announced a multi-year drinking and mineral water partnership with Singha, for Thailand, Cambodia and Myanmar.

The partnership will focus on community outreach and youth-related programmes. Alongside a package of IP, digital and hospitality rights, Singha will work with Manchester City to create coaching events and clinics across the partnership territories.

Omar Berrada, commercial director of City Football Marketing, which brokers Manchester City FC’s commercial partnerships, said: “We continue to be impressed by the depth and breadth of support for Manchester City in South East Asia. This is why we are so pleased that we will be partnering with Singha in three key territories.

Bhurit Bhirombhakdi, MD of Singha Corporation Co, added: “Manchester City are one of the strongest clubs today, winning the Barclays Premier League twice in the last four years. Additionally, this exciting deal will provide a key platform for Singha to strengthen our brand in the South East Asia region through the world’s fastest growing football team
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:29 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:Manchester City have announced a multi-year drinking and mineral water partnership with Singha, for Thailand, Cambodia and Myanmar.

The partnership will focus on community outreach and youth-related programmes. Alongside a package of IP, digital and hospitality rights, Singha will work with Manchester City to create coaching events and clinics across the partnership territories.

Omar Berrada, commercial director of City Football Marketing, which brokers Manchester City FC’s commercial partnerships, said: “We continue to be impressed by the depth and breadth of support for Manchester City in South East Asia. This is why we are so pleased that we will be partnering with Singha in three key territories.

Bhurit Bhirombhakdi, MD of Singha Corporation Co, added: “Manchester City are one of the strongest clubs today, winning the Barclays Premier League twice in the last four years. Additionally, this exciting deal will provide a key platform for Singha to strengthen our brand in the South East Asia region through the world’s fastest growing football team

Now that's the kind of sponsorship that I could do with, a multi-year drinking partnership.
Hutch's Shoulder

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:36 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
stevefromdonny wrote:Manchester City have announced a multi-year drinking and mineral water partnership with Singha, for Thailand, Cambodia and Myanmar.

Now that's the kind of sponsorship that I could do with, a multi-year drinking partnership.

Why on earth would the Singha brand need strengthening? Are they not one of the biggest beers in Asia? Tasty too I might add. I prefer it to a Chang tho I'm fine with that as well. Basically I'm admitting I'm a fairly slutty beer drinker. My standards are "don't be a shit beer and I'll drink you!"

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby carolina-blue » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:44 pm

Can't buy a ManCity putter grip for love nor money Ushited Arse Chavs Celtic Spuds West Spam even fooking Villa But City Fcuk No Bring back Gary Cook :)
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:39 pm

That singha deal is huge. Anybody who's been to Bangkok will know just how much coverage the rags and Chelsea get.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:06 am

Fucking drinking deal?

What the hell is that? In fact in that press release i saw exactly no comment on actual drinking i also like the idea of singha mineral water get fucked up and we will re-hydrate you.
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:42 am

Good old Omar. Soon we will announce figures with higher revenues than Scum for y/e May 2015. Let's make sure they dont get it back again with their new deals and CL re-entry.

Sheik needs to buy up 10M bottles of beer.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum