The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby mr_nool » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:33 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
mr_nool wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:Sam Addams 'Rebel' is delicious. But at 6% it soon sneaks up on you. When we beat Villa 4-0, half a dozen pints of that and a couple of Blue Moons to follow, had me making an utter twat of myself in front of the in laws.

I like to drink a Belgian that's about 8-9% so....there's that.

Can't stand blue moon. Rebel is kind of a commodity IPA. Next time you're over we will find some time perhaps to have a tipple. Or two.

Cheers

Maybe the club ought to get sponsorship from a beer from each country from which we have a player. A strong Belgian brew for company, maybe Estrella and San Miguel for Jesus and Dave, a British micro brewery for Sterling, Shropshire Gold for Hart etc., and a Ginger beer for KDB.

There're way too many South Americans in the squad for that.

But that said, I would go with a sturdy, but still subtle Pelforth Brune for Clichy, while Sagna gets a heavy, intricate and quite surprising Triple Epices. Samir, gets a generic Kronenbourg 1664 - it's a bit of a girly drink. Mangala is a Abbaye du Mont des Cats - fantastic potential, but possibly wont make the grade (of a Trappist beer).

Kompany is obviously a Rochefort 10 - the king of Belgian ales. Dark, powerful, strong. Our new friend, Kevin, is clearly a Chimay Rood (Red), a lively, exciting brown ale, which deliver quite a kick at 7%.

Hart's a Battlefield, Delph is a Timothy Taylor Landlord's, Sterling a Fuller's London Pride and Wright a Briarbank.

Jesus Navas is an Cruzcampo - dependable, consistent, but no real end product. Silva is an Estrella Voll-Damm - surprisingly strong and complex.

And now people like Carl, BiB and Asante have to take over. South American, Africa and Balkan beers are not my forte ...

Just caught this. One of the most thoughtful and best posts this year. Loved it. Some great beers that I don't know either that I've got to get an eye out for.

Top bombin Noolser.

Cheers

Merci!

The French ones are hard to come by apart from Kronenbourg 1664, which is a generic "international" lager. The Belgian and Spanish ones are quite well-known. You should be able to find them in the states. In regards to the English ones, London Pride is exported for sure. The other ones I've only ever had in the UK. Timothy Taylor is one of my absolute favourites.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby john@staustell » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:30 am

City Football Singapore is now with us:

http://www.straitstimes.com/sport/footb ... -singapore

SINGAPORE - English Premier League giants Manchester City have opened an office in Singapore to oversee their commercial operations in South-east Asia and work closely with corporate partners and fans across the football-mad region.

With a full-time staff of four, City Football Singapore will be part of the City Football Group (CFG), which is owned by Abu Dhabi billionaire Sheikh Mansour Zayed Al Nahyan.

Speaking at a media roundtable in Singapore on Tuesday, CFG commercial director Omar Berrada said the new office aims to build strong ties with the club's estimated 80 million followers in South-east Asia.

The club also has commercial tie-ups with 10 Asean companies including Singha, SHB and Jiwasraya.

Berrada said: "We have been working with well-loved brands across the region for some time. City Football Singapore gives us a permanent home from which we can work with our partners to manage and activate those relationships, as well as helping us continue to expand."

Other clubs that currently have offices in Singapore include German giants Borussia Dortmund, Spanish outfit Valencia and EPL champions Chelsea.

Berrada noted that City's star-studded squad, led by striker Sergio Aguero, will make more frequent visits to the region in the coming years. Manuel Pellegrini's side beat Vietnam 8-1 in a glamour friendly in Hanoi in July.

Earlier this month, the Sky Blues announced a £10.7 million (S$22.9 million) profit - the first since Sheikh Mansour became owner in 2008 and subsequently invested over £1 billion in the club.

CFG also owns other clubs such as New York City FC and Melbourne City, and recently purchased a minority stake in J-League club Yokohama Marinos.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:46 am

80 million followers. Holy catfish Batman!
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby john@staustell » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:27 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:80 million followers. Holy catfish Batman!

And they were all at York................................
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:25 pm

I'd love to see the Excel spreadsheet that someone used to get to that number. Although it's probably more like math done in the Google search engine using the population of Asia * some fractional number representing City. I just fell asleep nearly while I typed that.

Sorry.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby stevefromdonny » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:40 pm

john@staustell wrote:

And they were all at York................................

Can I just say that is one game I didn't go to
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby john@staustell » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:40 pm

City merchandise in Asia in all the local languages:

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/manc ... edium=feed

Premier League leaders Manchester City have agreed a partnership with EZ Shopnet.

The online retailer will operate official stores for the English soccer club in China, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea, as well as a further regional outlet for south-east Asia. The stores will sell official City merchandise in local currency and work in local languages.

Manchester City tap into south-east Asian revenue stream
City Football Group expands into Singapore
"We are very pleased that through EZ Shopnet, we can now get even closer to our growing fan base across Asia Pacific and deliver them a better and quicker service," said Omar Berrada, the group commercial director for City Football Marketing. "We have seen an enormous growth in our followers in the region and we are extremely happy that they will have easier access to official City kits and our wide range of merchandise than ever before."

Manchester City are level on points with Arsenal at the top of the Premier League after ten games of the 2015/16 season, but are ahead of the London side on goal difference.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:04 pm

Salina's not going to like this!
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby city72 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:58 am

stevefromdonny wrote:Image

Does anyone know how to claim winnings online with betsafe?
I'm struggling opened an account and set up an app.
city72
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester city

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:52 am

It seems Suisse Gas has been binnned off or the contract ended as today our proud new bridge sponsor is Nexen Tryes.

Drove past this morning and it's been done overnight.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Burt » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:10 pm

city72 wrote:
stevefromdonny wrote:Image

Does anyone know how to claim winnings online with betsafe?
I'm struggling opened an account and set up an app.

Just open an account and there will be an opening offer, probably a free bet but after that you can have a £25 bet on all City games and they will give you a free £10 to bet in play. Use this at half time when the market stops fluctuating. No good if you're at the game I know!

There is a way of guaranteeing you make money out of this offer:-

Make sure that you have an exchange account Betfair for example. Back any event in the game like home win, draw away win and then lay it off on the exchange for as close odd that you can get. Then bingo the free bet you can maximise the profit by backing a similar scenario and then using a free bet lay calculator. You should end up with a £7 profit every time.

Anyone needs a little advice on this then I am happy to help. There are a lot of these kind of offers going around these days:o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:18 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:It seems Suisse Gas has been binnned off or the contract ended as today our proud new bridge sponsor is Nexen Tryes.

Drove past this morning and it's been done overnight.

I think that was announced with the tie up with Nexen a couple of months ago. 30th Nov is a strange date though.

Shame we couldn't tie up with Yokohama tyres first - it would have given a nice round symmetry to CFG but Chelsea have them of course! They'll do well in the Championship.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:48 pm

Virgin trains.

Not worthy of Omar's involvement though this one. Danny Wilson sent ot launch it.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... 1449146059?

Manchester City is delighted to announce that Virgin Trains have become the Official Travel Provider of City in the City – the Club’s series of unique behind-the-scenes events.

In a Premier League first, the award winning train operator will also provide devoted City fans with travel discounts along their extensive West Coast network.

Savings include an exclusive 25% discount on advance off-peak fares for all Cityzens members, while Blues fans based in London and the South East can get 25% off First Class travel on matchday trains from London to Manchester.

Virgin Trains become the second premium brand to sponsor City in the City for the 2015/16 season, following Henley Investments who joined as the Series Presenting Sponsor in August.

Taking place before away games when the Blues are in town to face their London rivals, as well as for other special occasions throughout the year, City in the City is aimed at increasing engagement among both new and existing fans, along with the wider London business community.

City in the City guests enjoy a glimpse into the inner workings of the Club, as told by those responsible for City’s success on and off the pitch. Traditionally taking place in City’s commercial London Office, networking events have also been hosted in unique venues including a cruise along the River Thames to Chelsea Harbour.

Previous guest speakers have included City Football Services Managing Director Brian Marwood, President of sister Club New York City FC, Tom Glick, former kit man Les Chapman and of course, Manager Manuel Pellegrini and Club Captain Vincent Kompany.

In addition to the Official Travel Provider designation of City in the City, Virgin Trains will also work closely with the Club on a number of bespoke brand activations throughout the season, designed to cater for both fans and corporate guests alike.

Commenting on the initiative, Danny Wilson, Director of Stadium Sales and Operations, said: “We’re delighted to launch this exciting initiative with Virgin Trains and look forward to working together in order to ensure Manchester City and the Etihad Stadium are as accessible as possible to our loyal fan base.

Virgin Trains has played an integral part of our supporter’s matchday experience for nearly two decades. The new discount available to our Cityzen members and southern based fans will provide real value for money, whether they are travelling on a matchday or for other non-football purposes.

Gary Iddon, General Manager for the North West, Virgin Trains, added: “We are very proud to be the Official Travel Provider of City in the City, and excited to be working with Manchester City FC on a number of initiatives aimed at improving the experience of matchday travel for both their supporters and our non-football customers as well as on the series of events which makes City in the City unique."

Cityzens members wishing to receive 25% discount on advance off-peak fares, can do so by visiting www.virgintrains.co.uk/mcfc.

City fans based in London and the South East wishing to receive 25% off First Class travel on trains from London to Manchester on matchdays, can do so by visiting www.virgintrains.co.uk/citc.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby dazby » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:19 pm

Guys, I know that Joe Hart has his H&S ad, but do any of our other players feature in advertisements? I'd have thought Sergio would have 1 or 2.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:23 pm

dazby wrote:Guys, I know that Joe Hart has his H&S ad, but do any of our other players feature in advertisements? I'd have thought Sergio would have 1 or 2.

Sergio is in the ad for the FIFA game and he's in a Puma ad too, think I saw him in a Nissan ad come to think of it, definitely saw Yaya in a Nissan one.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby bayblue » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:34 pm

25% off first class rail tickets from London to Manchester on match days!!
Sod that. Sounds like a rag deal.
bayblue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:45 pm

bayblue wrote:25% off first class rail tickets from London to Manchester on match days!!
Sod that. Sounds like a rag deal.

Yep. But they all have to pay in full the bastards
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:26 pm

Mandarin stadium tours!!

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2016/01/19/ ... dium-tours?

Manchester City’s push into the Chinese market is a major focus for the club and, as part of its efforts to build a bigger Chinese fan base, it has introduced new stadium tours in Mandarin.

The new 90 minute tours at the Etihad Stadium will begin on 4 February, coinciding with the Chinese New Year Celebrations.

A native Mandarin speaking guide will take fans around the stadium, showing them the team dressing room, press conference area, the tunnel and the dugout area.

Nick Brooks-Sykes, director of tourism at Marketing Manchester, the agency charged with promoting Manchester on a national and international stage, said the new initiative was an “excellent example of a business tailoring their product to growing visitor requirements.”

It follows on from the City’s owner’s recent partnership with state-backed Chinese investors, China Media Capital (CMC), in a deal which will help the clubs grow their audiences and open up further investment options in the region.

The move will strengthen the Premier league side’s efforts to compete with its European rivals in building a brand in Asia and will serve as a tourist attraction for the growing number of traveling Mandarin-speaking fans.

An influx of Chinese visitors is expected following the announcement of a direct Beijing to Manchester flight path beginning this summer. The direct route is scheduled to launch in June and will make it easier for Chinese tourists to attend games.
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby dave watson's perm » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:47 pm

john@staustell wrote:Mandarin stadium tours!!

An influx of Chinese visitors is expected following the announcement of a direct Beijing to Manchester flight path beginning this summer. The direct route is scheduled to launch in June and will make it easier for Chinese tourists to attend games.

Maybe the piss soaked old tramp will try to hijack them all at the airport Berbatov style...............
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby john@staustell » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:44 pm

I won't be able to moan about a 600 mile round trip anymore with Etihad disgorgiing thousands of day trippers from Peking every match!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum