The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues - 10 years on

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Worldwide Commercial Enterprise Continues

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:26 pm

john@staustell wrote:TM Lewin shirts

http://diarydirectory.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... -with.html

British shirtmaker and tailor T.M.Lewin has been announced as the new Official Formal Wear Partner for Barclays Premier League Champions, Manchester City FC. The two year deal will see the brand provide the official team suits, shirts and ties for the team. Players including the likes of Vincent Kompany, David Silva, Samir Nasri and Edin Dzeko will wear the bespoke suits while traveling to UEFA Champions League games across Europe, and Cup Finals throughout the season. In the 1950s inspired photo pictured above, new talent Sergio Aguero, Fernando, Jesus Navas and Gael Clichy can be seen in their new T.M.Lewin 'Perry' Suits. As part of the 'Suited and Booted' social media campaign T.M.Lewin is encouraging the fans and customers to show off their sartorial style and football skills. Entrants are being asked to upload images or videos of themselves showing off their enviable football skills on Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #tmlewin until 13 September, for the chance to win a luxury weekend away for themselves and and three friends worth up to £2,000, plus four suits from the newly launched T.M.Lewin AW14 range

prefer tyrwhitt's myself....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:35 pm

john@staustell wrote:TM Lewin shirts

http://diarydirectory.blogspot.co.uk/20 ... -with.html

British shirtmaker and tailor T.M.Lewin has been announced as the new Official Formal Wear Partner for Barclays Premier League Champions, Manchester City FC. The two year deal will see the brand provide the official team suits, shirts and ties for the team. Players including the likes of Vincent Kompany, David Silva, Samir Nasri and Edin Dzeko will wear the bespoke suits while traveling to UEFA Champions League games across Europe, and Cup Finals throughout the season. In the 1950s inspired photo pictured above, new talent Sergio Aguero, Fernando, Jesus Navas and Gael Clichy can be seen in their new T.M.Lewin 'Perry' Suits. As part of the 'Suited and Booted' social media campaign T.M.Lewin is encouraging the fans and customers to show off their sartorial style and football skills. Entrants are being asked to upload images or videos of themselves showing off their enviable football skills on Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #tmlewin until 13 September, for the chance to win a luxury weekend away for themselves and and three friends worth up to £2,000, plus four suits from the newly launched T.M.Lewin AW14 range

That's more like it; Lewin's make good shirts.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:52 am

Telecomms in Cameroon now:

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... N-Cameroon

MCFC are delighted to announce a new club partnership with MTN Cameroon – the country’s leading telecommunications provider.

As part of the two year deal, MTN will become City’s Official Telecommunications Partner in Cameroon.

MTN currently has 10.2 million active subscribers nationwide and recently became the country’s leading Mobile Banking platform, with more than 1 million customers using MTN Mobile Money for payment and money transfers.

Under the terms of the partnership, MTN has acquired wide-ranging licensing rights to use the Club crest and player imagery in national marketing campaigns.

The Club will also provide MTN Cameroon with statistics and audio as well as video content for mobile phones and internet platforms related to the Club’s progress in the Barclays Premier League and UEFA Champions League.

Lucky MTN customers will also be in with the chance to win a series of money can’t buy experiences, ranging from watching behind-the-scenes coaching sessions at the Club’s training ground, to match-day VIP experiences at the Etihad Stadium.

Commenting on the partnership, ‎Chief Business Officer for Manchester City, Tom Glick, said:

“In MTN Cameroon, we have found a key strategic partner in Africa whose reputation for delivering innovative, simple and accessible communications solutions, has made them the leading telecommunications provider in the country. An accolade they richly deserve.

“We are delighted to welcome MTN Cameroon on board and look forward to engaging with our Cameroonian fans over the coming seasons.”

Karl O. Toriola, CEO of MTN Cameroon, added:

“Like Manchester City, MTN share a deep passion for football and sport. Through partnering with one of the most prestigious clubs in the world, we are now able to provide our loyal customers throughout Cameroon with the opportunity to get closer to the game they love.”
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:54 am

Funny no one seems worked up about us tying up with mobile phones in Cameroon! :-)
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:21 pm

Can we class them 10.2 million subscribers as City 'followers' now, just like the Rags do?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:24 am

Beefymcfc wrote:Can we class them 10.2 million subscribers as City 'followers' now, just like the Rags do?

I'm pretty sure the number of hits helps us with some of these deals. Hence all these attempts to get us to log in etc.

Meanwhile, in Malaysia, male grooming!!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/20 ... artnership

MCFC are delighted to announce a new club partnership with Dashing – Malaysia’s leading male grooming brand.

As part of the two year deal, Dashing will become City’s Official Personal Male Care Partner in Malaysia.

Launched over 25 years ago, Dashing was heralded as Malaysia’s first ever male body-care brand and has since gone on to release a range of fragrances, deodorants, skin care, shower and hair styling products, making them the market leader among young Malay men.

With a product portfolio ranging from EDT, antiperspirant deodorants, roll-ons, body showers, facial cleansers, hair gels and talcum powder, Dashing now have their sights set firmly on football.

Under the terms of the partnership, Dashing has acquired wide-ranging licensing rights to use the Club crest and player imagery in national TV marketing and social media campaigns.

Lucky Dashing customers will also be in with the chance to win a series of all-expense paid trips to Manchester to watch Manuel Pellegrini’s men in action, live at the Etihad Stadium.

Winners will also be able to get up-close-and-personal with City stars such as Sergio Aguero, Vincent Kompany, Martin Demichelis and David Silva at an exclusive blue carpet experience.

Commenting on the partnership, ‎Chief Business Officer for Manchester City, Tom Glick, said:

“Dashing is a major player in the Malaysian skin and body care market, which has gone on to become one of the nation’s leading brands. Having built up a long and trusted reputation among the millions of young men in the region who also love football, Dashing is the perfect fit for Manchester City.

“When the Club visited Kuala Lumpur during a previous pre-season tour, we were blown away by the passion and commitment of our Malaysian’s fans. We look forward to working with the Dashing team and to welcoming our loyal Malaysian fans to the Etihad Stadium throughout the season.”

Rishi Pahwa, Marketing Manager for DASHING, said:

“Dashing is the only Head to Toe Male Grooming Brand in Malaysia that allows young modern men to exude confidence and become Dashingly cool”. We realize the love and passion for football and especially English Premier League and are proud to present DASHINGgoesMancity contest whereby we look to reward DASHING users with Once in A Lifetime opportunity for a VIP experience of the English Premier League.

"To bring this opportunity to every single football fan; the contest has been kept very simple in the form of SMS and Win with no restriction on purchase. We also look to reward every DASHING user with assured prizes with every purchase during this campaign."
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:35 am

Thank goodness, I had been worrying about our apperance in Malaysia for some time.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:39 am

I think the Tesco's approach is a good one. Every little helps.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby nottsblue » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:04 pm

Does anyone know how much loot these deals raise?
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby john@staustell » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:38 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Thank goodness, I had been worrying about our apperance in Malaysia for some time.

I think there's something else there a little way up the thread. Just so you don't lose any more sleep :-)
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:20 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:Thank goodness, I had been worrying about our apperance in Malaysia for some time.

I think there's something else there a little way up the thread. Just so you don't lose any more sleep :-)

Don't tell me we're getting an official 'sleep aid' partner - I hope it's holistic.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:21 pm

Do we have an official condom yet? I'd hate to see us get fucked without one these days.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Dameerto » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:22 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Do we have an official condom yet? I'd hate to see us get fucked without one these days.

cheers

It would have to be something impressive-sounding. TROJAN. Don't go into battle without one.
VIVA EL CITIES

Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:46 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Do we have an official condom yet? I'd hate to see us get fucked without one these days.

cheers

teams that always want to come first should not associate themselves with condoms. it would be ungentlemanly.

liverpool on the other hand....
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:24 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

cheers

teams that always want to come first should not associate themselves with condoms. it would be ungentlemanly.

liverpool on the other hand....

FMTWF

Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby john@staustell » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Russia.

Going for Chelsea's market

http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-Le ... 47Z1825995?

Manchester City have boosted their presence on social media, launching an official page on VKontakte - Russia's biggest social network.
VK is the eighth largest social network in the world and MCFC launched their official account in the same week they are due to play CSKA Moscow in the Champions League, a game that is seen as a must-win after their tepid start in Europe's top domestic competition.
The move is being seen as an attempt to boost the club's following in Russia, where the Premier League is particularly popular.
City have accordingly launched a new Russian language website, as well as a Russian language Twitter account in recent weeks.
Speaking about their increased social presence in the country, Diego Gigliani, Director of Marketing, Media and Fan Development told the club's
official website: "As City's global community of supporters continues to grow, we are constantly exploring new ways to connect fans to the Club, the players and each other, wherever they live in the world.
"Manchester City enjoys terrific support in Russia and Eastern Europe, so to have a presence on one of their biggest social platforms will enable us to build deeper relationships with our fans in the region."
Meanwhile, Chief Marketing Officer for VK, Yaroslav Andreev, said: "We are honoured to not only welcome the English Premier League Champions, but also one of the best teams in the world on to VKontakte."
"We are glad that more and more well-known sports clubs and organisations like Manchester City are choosing VK as the main platform to promote its brand in Eastern Europe. We are confident the Manchester City VK page will be of interest to not only City fans, but football fans in general."
- See more at: http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premier-Le ... Byfub.dpuf
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby john@staustell » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:51 am

You'll all be delighted to know we now have a healthcare partner in the Gulf.

http://www.fcbusiness.co.uk/news/articl ... ealthpoint?

Manchester City have expanded their global network of sports medicine providers in a three-year partnership with Healthpoint, a Mubadala company, that will see them serve as the Barclays Premier League Champions' regional healthcare partner.

Based in Zayed Sports City, Abu Dhabi, Healthpoint is a leading centre for sports-related injury, prevention and rehabilitation, boasting the Emirates' largest physiotherapy centre and numerous rehabilitation techniques and technologies introduced for the first time in the region.

As part of the agreement, an annual internship will be offered to a Healthpoint sports medicine professional to train alongside City's medical team in Manchester.

Additionally, Healthpoint and Manchester City medical staff will work together and co-host seminars to share best practices for treating athletes in sports medicine.

Dr. Ihsan Al Marzouqi, Board Member of Healthpoint stated: "The collaboration between Healthpoint and Manchester City is exemplary of our strategy to partner with top international organisations to address local healthcare needs and bolster local capacity.

"We are delighted to partner with the medical team at Manchester City to further address the need for world-class orthopedic, spine and sports medicine care in the UAE."

Manchester City's Chief Business Officer, Tom Glick, also shared his enthusiasm for the partnership, saying: "Healthpoint's reputation for providing the highest standard of clinical and technologically advanced medical care is second to none within the Middle East.

"Healthpoint is building a world-class operation and a centre of excellence in sports medicine that will undoubtedly add value to City’s global network of medical professionals. We look forward to working to together in partnership over the coming seasons.

At the helm of Healthpoint's sports medicine team is Medical Director, Dr. Nader Darwich, whose expertise includes arthroscopic surgery, knee ligament reconstruction and treatment of anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries.

Regarding the partnership's ability to advance UAE-based capacity, he said: "This exciting partnership brings together two champions in our respective fields to enhance Abu Dhabi’s expertise in sports medicine delivery.

"We welcome the opportunity to develop further our practice of evidence-based medicine, supported by cutting-edge technologies."

Head of Sports Medicine for the Manchester City's first team, Max Sala, also added: "We’re extremely excited to welcome Healthpoint's skilled team to Manchester in order to share best practices and learn from each other’s expertise over the coming years."
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby phips » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:45 pm

just had to sit through this garbage United commercial again here in the states. ever since partnering with Chevy there have been 3-4 United commercials that play will some regularity on the sports channels here in the US.

im curious why City haven't done the same. granted, we aren't partnered with an AMERICAN brand like Chevy but still. the opportunity exists. the amount of people over here crazy for the BPL is growing all the time.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:08 pm

phips wrote:just had to sit through this garbage United commercial again here in the states. ever since partnering with Chevy there have been 3-4 United commercials that play will some regularity on the sports channels here in the US.

im curious why City haven't done the same. granted, we aren't partnered with an AMERICAN brand like Chevy but still. the opportunity exists. the amount of people over here crazy for the BPL is growing all the time.

It's certainly an interesting question, although I do wonder if the main reason is because our owners want the city brand to be primarily associated with Etihad? From a strategy perspective, if they are growing the airline (which they are, massively) one would assume that the powers that be wouldn't want to dilute the Etihad advertising by having city associated with other products/services.

It does kind of suggest that the Etihad deal IS genuine, and arguably if city are choosing not to pursue other sponsors in the US, it fully justifies why Etihad paid so much for the rights.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:05 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
phips wrote:just had to sit through this garbage United commercial again here in the states. ever since partnering with Chevy there have been 3-4 United commercials that play will some regularity on the sports channels here in the US.

It's certainly an interesting question, although I do wonder if the main reason is because our owners want the city brand to be primarily associated with Etihad? From a strategy perspective, if they are growing the airline (which they are, massively) one would assume that the powers that be wouldn't want to dilute the Etihad advertising by having city associated with other products/services.

It does kind of suggest that the Etihad deal IS genuine, and arguably if city are choosing not to pursue other sponsors in the US, it fully justifies why Etihad paid so much for the rights.

I wouid think both Etihad & Abu Dhabi are absolutely gobsmackingly happy with the exposure the deal with City has brought them so far. To achieve the same by other means would be very difficult indeed.

I imagine our invasion of the states starts with NYC.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum