New York City FC - It's Official!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New York City FC - It's Official!

Postby Dwaring » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Nycfc just signed up my favorite USA international Mix Diskerud. I know I said previously that I wouldn't support them and abandon the Union,but they just found the secret passage to my heart.

Really hoping we give him the ole Lampard treatment and bring him to city even if it's only during the MLS offseason.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Dwaring wrote:Nycfc just signed up my favorite USA international Mix Diskerud. I know I said previously that I wouldn't support them and abandon the Union,but they just found the secret passage to my heart.

Really hoping we give him the ole Lampard treatment and bring him to city even if it's only during the MLS offseason.

I wonder if the new NYCFC fans will revolt over this signing?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dwaring wrote:Nycfc just signed up my favorite USA international Mix Diskerud. I know I said previously that I wouldn't support them and abandon the Union,but they just found the secret passage to my heart.

Nice headline would be "NYCFC fans are revolting".
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:59 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Nice headline would be "NYCFC fans are revolting".

Nice touch but if that were the UK media it would be 'Revolting MCFC'.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:36 pm

honestly, i'd encourage a bit of calm about so-called nycfc "fans."

it is fair to say sport supporters for new york professional sport "teams" have a reputation for arrogance and entitlement, but that tends to be a small but loud group in the area.

as a native nyer i can say that this is no where near the case with most, and with the mls, as i believe someone alluded too (doomie?) they have a "die hard" base who project insecurity about european leagues. klinsmann is dealing with this reality as he repeats concerns about the best american players coming back to the mls rather than playing abroad.

the league has gotten much better, as has the support, but of course it's below the top european leagues in terms of its quality.

i do think city and nycfc handled this poorly and i do find it hard to believe they just made a "mistake" regarding the announcement. however, it is normal for "designated players" to come in july, if that happens, and even more normal for a player of lampard's quality to want to play for a club that is competing at a higher level if that option is available.

my guess is that was not the case over the summer, or they fully expected him to sign for nycfc, loan to city and then "see what happens," with the more likely answer being it all works as a loan. yet, lampard has been important to us this year and maybe even next, so he decides to stay.

in the end, who knows, but i can understand some nycfc "supporters" who paid for season tickets expecting him to play to feel a bit upset.

the reality is that this is such a small amount that it barely registers in any real sport journalism here in new york, as far as i have read and seen.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:43 pm

Not fickle in any way then
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby mr_nool » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:18 pm

Wow, Mix Diskerud is his real name? It's sounds like something out of a Philip K. Dick novel.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Mix is his nickname. His real name, Mikkel Morgenstar Pålssønn Diskerud, sounds even more science-fictional!
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby zuricity » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:54 pm

mr_nool wrote:Wow, Mix Diskerud is his real name? It's sounds like something out of a Philip K. Dick novel.

i thought he wanted us to come up with anagrams !
when i mix diskerud up the best i can come up with is rude diks.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:13 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Tevez.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:29 pm

Mase wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Tevez.

?
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Since 76 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:10 pm

He's real? When I got the email from NYCFC, I thought they'd been hacked.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:22 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:40 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:

When I read it above, My first thought was that dwaring was wanking over some sort of dj software
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:03 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Mase wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

Tevez.

?

We're all fickle mate.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby phips » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:57 am

anyone see that clearance off the line today?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Original Dub » Sat Oct 17, 2015 7:03 am

The cunt strikes again.
Original Dub

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:42 pm

Original Dub wrote:The cunt strikes again.

Strikes is probably the wrong verb to use.

Trickles
Emotes
Farts
Oozes
Relieves
Expels

Etc
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby phips » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:22 am

Patrick Vieira is being lined up as the next manager of New York City, according to reports.

Vieira could move to NYCFC to replace Jason Kreis, whose job is said to be under threat after NYCFC failed to make the play-offs.

The report stems from Sports Illustrated Insider Column and cites “multiple sources connected to Manchester City and New York City FC”.

Vieira is currently Manchester City’s reserve team and Elite Development squad manager, so a move to sister club would be relatively seamless but adds that it is not “a done deal yet”. NYCFC boast an array of stars including Frank Lampard, Andrea Pirlo and David Villa but failed to make the play-offs in their inaugural season in the MLS.

Vieira is known to be courting a managerial position – he was interviewed by Newcastle at the end of last season. The upper brass at City are said think extremely highly of Vieira, and are keen on a long-term succession plan with the former Arsenal and City man to one day manage the City first team. Therefore a move to NYCFC would make complete and utter sense: they keep their man in their stable while he gets hands on experience at of first team management. Perform well at NYCFC and he could potentially be fast tracked to the helm of City.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Wooders » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:04 am

I'd be fine with that move - keeps him in the family and is good prep for the big job
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum