New York City FC - It's Official!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New York City FC - It's Official!

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue May 21, 2013 3:54 pm

kinkylola and BmoreBlue have you been following the developments of NY2 for the last few years?
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zuricity » Tue May 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Dameerto wrote:I wonder if they can get Cook involved...

why would they need or want him to be involved ?
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Michigan Blue » Tue May 21, 2013 3:56 pm

The Yankees partnership will give City some instant and much-needed credibility within NYC I would imagine, which is probably the idea here. I don't see how much long-term involvement a baseball club can really provide, which is a positive for all of us who hate the Yankees and their arrogant, soulless fans.

I suppose it was too much to ask for the good Sheikh to come breathe life into another unglamorous northern industrial city, so until MLS comes to Detroit I will have to make do with a rooting interest in NYCFC.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby zuricity » Tue May 21, 2013 3:57 pm

kinkylola wrote:
His argument is based totally on his hatred of the Yankees (which I can't blame him for) ... but instability and lack of support isn't something they suffer from. Also the immigrant population of New York are much more ardent sports fans than any lazy asses on the west coast.

Being part owners, you can bet that the Yankees will be plastering the city and running crossover campaigns with their baseball players to support the team. It's about the best place and partner we could have for a franchise in MLS.

the spanish speaking part of new york love our football ( not their soccer ) !
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Florida Blue » Tue May 21, 2013 4:00 pm

I hate the Yankees, it would be like my favorite baseball team partnering with the Rags. I will be behind the team 100% and buy a kit, but it is painful as I have vowed to hate every and all New York based teams.

Wonder if the colors will be sky blue and navy pinstripes?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hazy2 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:01 pm

2 weeks at City and we have blown the FA Cup, sacked the manager, started a new team in New York. Mind blowing stuff from our club.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby AG7 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Can we gift them Kolarov, Sinclair and a few more like that this year itself? Like a welcome present, pre-launch players, who can get ready all year for next year perhaps.
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue May 21, 2013 4:04 pm

zuricity wrote:
kinkylola wrote:
His argument is based totally on his hatred of the Yankees (which I can't blame him for) ... but instability and lack of support isn't something they suffer from. Also the immigrant population of New York are much more ardent sports fans than any lazy asses on the west coast.

Being part owners, you can bet that the Yankees will be plastering the city and running crossover campaigns with their baseball players to support the team. It's about the best place and partner we could have for a franchise in MLS.

I don't see this bringing them in as MLS fans though. Liga MX and La Liga are the two most watched leagues amongst Spanish speakers. Liga MX draws better ratings in the U.S. than MLS does.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby AG7 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:04 pm

Oh and the social media is alight ... "New York City FC" trending on Twitter and all the rags cursing that despite having US owners, why didn't they do this first ... LOL.
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Florida Blue » Tue May 21, 2013 4:05 pm

AG7 wrote:Oh and the social media is alight ... "New York City FC" trending on Twitter and all the rags cursing that despite having US owners, why didn't they do this first ... LOL.

Hadn't thought of this, this makes it even easier to palate.
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Original Dub » Tue May 21, 2013 4:06 pm

AG7 wrote:Oh and the social media is alight ... "New York City FC" trending on Twitter and all the rags cursing that despite having US owners, why didn't they do this first ... LOL.

Any explanation for why Vieira was looking so rough in that picture though?

A new thread perhaps?
Original Dub

Postby Nickyboy » Tue May 21, 2013 4:06 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
Blue Oli wrote:big question of course is the kit - sky blue nike, or pin stripe puma?

Not really a big question. Adidas is the kit supplier. Sports in America are done differently. Kits/jerseys are not down with the individual teams but the league.

MLS - Adidas
NFL - Nike
NBA - Adidas
MLB - Majestic (jerseys) New Era (caps)
NHL - Reebok

Always wanted a city shirt made by Adidas...... awesome!
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby kinkylola » Tue May 21, 2013 4:08 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
zuricity wrote:
kinkylola wrote:

I don't see this bringing them in as MLS fans though. Liga MX and La Liga are the two most watched leagues amongst Spanish speakers. Liga MX draws better ratings in the U.S. than MLS does.

I was wondering why you were so extremely negative about things in general ... then I looked at your location and you're from Minneapolis. I'm sorry.

Go easy on him guys.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby AG7 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Trust the Sun to do this quickly ...

Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Green & Blue » Tue May 21, 2013 4:08 pm

I like it and i think it could become a nice little side project to follow for City fans if we do indeed use them to blood our younger players when they are graduating from the EDS.

Plenty of MLS is shown on ESPN as we speak so should be easy to keep an eye on things.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Tue May 21, 2013 4:14 pm

zuricity wrote:
Dameerto wrote:I wonder if they can get Cook involved...

why would they need or want him to be involved ?

i doubt very much the need him to be involved, it's pretty obvious why they might want him to be though. I also have a sneaky suspicion (with no evidence to back it up) that he may have had something to do with the original idea to buy a US team (there was a very US-centric approach to overseas marketing under him).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dwaring » Tue May 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Please give me a baby blue pin stripe kit. I'm a phillies and union fan so like everyone else hate the Yankees but the team will be more closely associated with city in the long run. Come on York city!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dwaring
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Yaya toure

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue May 21, 2013 4:15 pm

kinkylola wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:
zuricity wrote:
kinkylola wrote:

I was wondering why you were so extremely negative about things in general ... then I looked at your location and you're from Minneapolis. I'm sorry.

Go easy on him guys.

Only two downfalls to living in this state but neither really has an effect on me. The Vikings and Bachmann I'm a Bears fan and Bachmann isn't in my district.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:16 pm

razor400 wrote:Why the fuck couldn't they do this with the Mets instead of the fucking yankees.

This. The Yankees are America's very own version of the rags. Getting in to be bed with them makes me puke.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue May 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:
razor400 wrote:Why the fuck couldn't they do this with the Mets instead of the fucking yankees.

This. The Yankees are America's very own version of the rags. Getting in to be bed with them makes me puke.

So now the Yankees have deals with both us and the scum.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum