New York City FC - It's Official!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: New York City FC - It's Official!

Postby halnone » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:53 pm

The manager of NYC was just sacked.

Looks likely that Vieira will take over
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:43 am

No surprise here. Pretty disappointing season to be honest.

Not sure the Vieira thing is any more than guesswork and I heard CFG were talking to Capello.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby bobby brows » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:52 am

Harsh on Kreis. Had to move to England for a year then put together a team of unprotected players and draft picks and build it around Villa whilst Lampard and Pirlo don't arrive until it's too late.

They were exciting to watch but a fundamentally flawed team that started out solid but couldn't score and then scored for fun but couldn't defend to save their lives.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby trevbray89 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:07 am

No surprise here.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can". ngssoccer
trevbray89
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: Gareth Barry

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:24 am

all part of the master plan
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:49 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:all part of the master plan

Pellers to new York
Paddy to Melbourne
Pep to manchester

Sounds good lol
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:00 pm

bobby brows wrote:Harsh on Kreis. Had to move to England for a year then put together a team of unprotected players and draft picks and build it around Villa whilst Lampard and Pirlo don't arrive until it's too late.

They were exciting to watch but a fundamentally flawed team that started out solid but couldn't score and then scored for fun but couldn't defend to save their lives.

i don't think it's harsh on him. They were mostly crap, and while he may be viewed as MLS coaching royalty, let's be honest...City aren't looking for average fare MLS bollocks.

A national sports call in show focused around MLS last evening was talking about how unreasonable and ridiculous City are for thinking they can buy the league and sacking their manager and not understanding how things work in the US market, etc...

By and large...i hate MLS, MLS managers, 'hardcore' MLS fans (there are a fair few tbh, which is, embarassing tbh). And this experience of NYCFC and their fucktard fans isn't making it any easier for them.

It's a shit league, with shit players and shit managers. Anyone suggesting otherwise is just being polite, uninformed, or stupid.

And also they railed on all the City "youngsters" that came over that were not very good...fucking whatever, maybe because they know how to fucking play football and what they found was abysmal. I watched my 9 year old look like shit with a group of 11 year olds who couldn't string two passes together last weekend. It's not hard to make that happen.

NYCFC can go fuck themselves. So can the MLS. And their fans. And their American pundits who lick their assholes and also work to make their wages either praising Klinsmann's silly ass or vilifying him, in equal measure. It's a complete joke.

Sorry, i needed to get that out.

Whew!

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:25 pm

Spot on.

While I don't have the same insight into MLS as some other posters here, I fail to see how this sacking can be perceived as harsh at all. Finishing 17th out of 20 teams would be a sackable offense in any other competitive environment on its own, never mind the fact that the team looked like unorganised dogshit every time I tuned in.

There seems to be a consensus among American MLS fans/followers that this kind of performance is the norm with expansion teams and Kreis should be given another couple of years to implement his philosophy or whatever. These people have no clue what 'our guys' are about. They sure as hell are not going to let some no-name second rate Brendan Rodgers fuck around for 3 years after seeing no progress at all in the first season. As soon as they realise he's not up to their standards, they'll bin him and move on. Rightfully so.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby dazby » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:28 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
bobby brows wrote:Harsh on Kreis. Had to move to England for a year then put together a team of unprotected players and draft picks and build it around Villa whilst Lampard and Pirlo don't arrive until it's too late.

i don't think it's harsh on him. They were mostly crap, and while he may be viewed as MLS coaching royalty, let's be honest...City aren't looking for average fare MLS bollocks.

A national sports call in show focused around MLS last evening was talking about how unreasonable and ridiculous City are for thinking they can buy the league and sacking their manager and not understanding how things work in the US market, etc...

By and large...i hate MLS, MLS managers, 'hardcore' MLS fans (there are a fair few tbh, which is, embarassing tbh). And this experience of NYCFC and their fucktard fans isn't making it any easier for them.

It's a shit league, with shit players and shit managers. Anyone suggesting otherwise is just being polite, uninformed, or stupid.

And also they railed on all the City "youngsters" that came over that were not very good...fucking whatever, maybe because they know how to fucking play football and what they found was abysmal. I watched my 9 year old look like shit with a group of 11 year olds who couldn't string two passes together last weekend. It's not hard to make that happen.

NYCFC can go fuck themselves. So can the MLS. And their fans. And their American pundits who lick their assholes and also work to make their wages either praising Klinsmann's silly ass or vilifying him, in equal measure. It's a complete joke.

Sorry, i needed to get that out.

Whew!

cheers

Your new avatar suits you sir. Angry angry dog.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:41 am

I Just Blue Myself wrote:There seems to be a consensus among American MLS fans/followers that this kind of performance is the norm with expansion teams and Kreis should be given another couple of years to implement his philosophy or whatever. These people have no clue what 'our guys' are about. They sure as hell are not going to let some no-name second rate Brendan Rodgers fuck around for 3 years after seeing no progress at all in the first season. As soon as they realise he's not up to their standards, they'll bin him and move on. Rightfully so.

It's the norm for all American/Canadian expansion teams in any league not just MLS.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby phips » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:27 am

so David Villa did this today.

keep in mind its in the MLS vs. MLS opposition...

Watch on youtube.com
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby patrickblue » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:06 am

phips wrote:so David Villa did this today.

keep in mind its in the MLS vs. MLS opposition...

Watch on youtube.com

Was that Bravo in goal for them?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Bluedj » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:44 pm

F@@k I nearly choked laughing