Isco

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Isco

Postby lets all have a disco » Mon May 27, 2013 4:53 pm

He's been a bit quiet since the thong song i hope he can step his game up.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 27, 2013 4:55 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:Apparently Isco is keen to ensure he doesnt spend his time just sitting on the bench, Surely if the new coach brings him in, it is the best reassurance that the manager intends to use you?

I think that's the only assurance he'll get. We wouldn't give Hazard any guarantees so I doubt Isco will get any either.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon May 27, 2013 4:56 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:Apparently Isco is keen to ensure he doesnt spend his time just sitting on the bench, Surely if the new coach brings him in, it is the best reassurance that the manager intends to use you?

Possibly. I could see him on the bench at Real though. Surely Ronaldo, Khedira, Alonso, and Ozil will be 4/5 of their midfield leaving a battle between Modric, Isco, and Di Maria.

If Pellegrini comes to City, I'd think that he'd play him in midfield..but there would also be more players available to Pellegrini at City and rotation is key. If Isco wants to play every game then.......i dunno.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon May 27, 2013 5:12 pm

Sorry, I can't see where it says 'Pelligrini wants Isco to follow him to City'. Can somebody throw me a bone here?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Mon May 27, 2013 5:22 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:He's been a bit quiet since the thong song i hope he can step his game up.

Oh mate. Go and sit in the corner and think very hard about that joke.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 27, 2013 5:22 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Sorry, I can't see where it says 'Pelligrini wants Isco to follow him to City'. Can somebody throw me a bone here?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Isco.html

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby kinkylola » Mon May 27, 2013 5:30 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:He's been a bit quiet since the thong song i hope he can step his game up.

Sisqó ... from Baltimore actually. Not proud of that one.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon May 27, 2013 5:35 pm

Hmm he says he doesn't want to sit on the bench... surely he won't go to Real Madrid then?
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 27, 2013 5:41 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:Hmm he says he doesn't want to sit on the bench... surely he won't go to Real Madrid then?

He says there are other clubs than City & Real so he could choose someone else.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon May 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Sorry, I can't see where it says 'Pelligrini wants Isco to follow him to City'. Can somebody throw me a bone here?

Cheers mate but I still can't see the quote. He mentions that he likes to work with Pelligrini and then says that there has been an offer from Man City but nowhere does he say 'Pelligrini is going to City'; I think.

The reason I mention this is because Pelligrini has been very coy on the matter and he doesn't want anybody knowing his destination, yet.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon May 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Cheers mate but I still can't see the quote. He mentions that he likes to work with Pelligrini and then says that there has been an offer from Man City but nowhere does he say 'Pelligrini is going to City'; I think.

The reason I mention this is because Pelligrini has been very coy on the matter and he doesn't want anybody knowing his destination, yet.

Fair enough.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ashton287 » Mon May 27, 2013 6:14 pm

kinkylola wrote:
Sisqó ... from Baltimore actually. Not proud of that one.

You should be though. It's a good song. Fuck the haters.

Anyway there are about 15 creative players I would rather have than isco. Not seen anything very special about him. Not world class special anyway.
Same goes for Cavani and pellegrini. Either my expectations are too high or none of these signings are really that great or maybe something in the middle.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon May 27, 2013 7:09 pm

Tell him he can have an extra ten grand a week if he stops waffling on about benches.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Bleed_Blue » Mon May 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Alioune DVToure wrote:Tell him he can have an extra ten grand a week if he stops waffling on about benches.

With Silva, Nasri, Milner, Rodwell ...

Are we going to make way for Isco by selling Tevez and change formation

Somehow little apprehensive about Isco now, as he plays behind striker mostly
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Tim777 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:03 pm

Not a good sign if Isco expects to play in all 38 fixtures. Cue spoilt brat behaviour. His eyes seem to light up more, like stars, when speaking of Madrid's interest; if he comes our way chances are he'll use us as a halfway house. Edinson Cavani seems a more long term bet though more expensive; different position - he snubbed us last season but maybe his priorities have changed.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby twosips » Mon May 27, 2013 11:56 pm

To be fair i'm sure he's not a fucking idiot and expects to start all 38. There's a difference though in starting 28-30 and coming on in about five or more and say starting something like 18 and being a sub for 20. That's not diva-ish. It's just him being sensible with his career. It'd be a backwards step if he stopped playing week in week out as at his age he needs football. I think he'd take the first scenario as a minimum guarantee but not the second...and i wouldnt blame him if he didnt want to just start half the games either.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby ant london » Tue May 28, 2013 12:24 am

I've got absolutely no issue with him wanting to play. Fact is that if the new manager gets this team playing to its potential next year (ie. not bombing out of the CL and one of the cups early doors a la roberto) there will be a lot of games and, also, if some actual tactical variety is employed there is no need for Silva and Yaya to be played week in week out irrespective of the opposition.

Just the rotation of those two alone would create plenty of opportunities in our midfield...never mind that Isco could also play with them.

I think Pellegrini coming here is clearly the key for whether we can sign him or not. If the waterman comes then so will letsallhavean
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Bleed_Blue » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:46 pm

Manchester City have reportedly taken the decision to back down over interest in Malaga’s Isco, leaving the path clear to Real Madrid.

City were thought to be competing with Madrid to secure the attacking midfielder’s services this summer, with expected new manager Manuel Pellegrini thought to have specifically requested the 21-year-old follow him from La Rosaleda.

However, reports in Spain today have it that the Premier League club’s CEO Ferran Soriano and sporting director Txiki Begiristain have decided not to pursue their interest in the player with a €35m buyout clause.

It is understood that the former Barcelona duo have determined that the team do not need strengthening in the role that Isco plays between midfeild and attack.

The Eastlands outfit currently boast the likes of David Silva, Samir Nasri, Yaya Toure and Sergio Aguero as all capable of taking a similar role.

Link : http://www.football-espana.net/31380/ci ... o-interest

Seems logical, unless Isco can act as a good winger
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wooders » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:56 pm

35 million can be deployed well elsewhere so, though isco is promising, he'll be behind silva and nasri & i dont think hes worth more than 20 mill at this stage of his career
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Saul Goodman » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Im a little torn.

Id love to see a:

Aguero
Isco Tevez Silva
Yaya Rodwell

But with:

Aguero
Nasri Tevez Silva
Yaya Rodwell

That seems more than enough.

Although, I dont really believe that report. I can see them taking issue with the release clause but as cash-straped as Malaga is, theyll take a lower price if Isco wants to follow Pellegrini.
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum