Isco

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Isco

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Ok, fuck it, let's just spend, spend, spend. Money is no object, right? I want that one and that one and that one.

Maybe if we do that we can have a squad as good as the Liverpool or Chelsea one that won the Champions League.

Yeah, well if we really want to win the Champion's League then we need to spend, spend, spend. Otherwise it's not going to happen. Winning Champion's League isn't really my personal target but target for the owners. "Global domination" you know.

Cl should be every fans uiltimate target you numpty.

Theres lots of hints of lickersville in your posts recently...and you know it.

HAHA

Lick my nuts.

I've made it clear million times that I don't care as much about CL as most of the world do. I long for the days of European Cup and Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Cup. And this was when we had no business even watching CL on telly never mind playing in it.

League and FA Cup have always been the two big competitions for me.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:39 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Aguero should be a lot better than he was last season but imo, he is often not fully fit.

Silva has lost inspiration through playing too much football, in two one dimensional teams, against packed defences.

He can of course get it back but the best current way for that to happen would be for him to play less games & for Nasri to step up. Even better would be to sign or create a player for his position who is better than him & make him fight for a place in the team.

We may chase the title if we sign another striker but we are several players short of the Champions League.

This.

We lack QUALITY depth in both positions and expect Silva and Aguero to perform in nearly 60 games every season. Our starting XI could compete with just about any team in the world in one off game but during demanding season we have basically no one to take the pressure off Silva. People will say Nasri and Milner but look at really top teams. When Özil is out of form or just injured they can always throw Modric or even Isco there. When Xavi is off the line up Barcelona can always throw Fabregas or Busquets there.

And whoever said "I'm satisfied with getting out of the CL group". I'm pretty sure that's not what top brass are gunning for even if it's good enough for some supporters.

They're not daft. Getting out of the group would be seen as decent progress. The Champions Lg team doesn't have to be built in one season. It can improve over several.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Ok, fuck it, let's just spend, spend, spend. Money is no object, right? I want that one and that one and that one.

Maybe if we do that we can have a squad as good as the Liverpool or Chelsea one that won the Champions League.

Yeah, well if we really want to win the Champion's League then we need to spend, spend, spend. Otherwise it's not going to happen. Winning Champion's League isn't really my personal target but target for the owners. "Global domination" you know.

HAHA

Lick my nuts.

I've made it clear million times that I don't care as much about CL as most of the world do. I long for the days of European Cup and Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Cup. And this was when we had no business even watching CL on telly never mind playing in it.

Prem and CL are what every fan should want from a top club , then comes the FA cup.

There should be zero argument against that.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

HAHA

Lick my nuts.

Prem and CL are what every fan should want from a top club , then comes the FA cup.

There should be zero argument against that.

there couldn't be. My fucking wife knows this much and she declared yesterday's Brasil v Spain match as "The Match of Bad Hair" which wasn't far off probably.

File that under misogyny Soccs you gambling, horse-betting fuckface.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:51 pm

What's happened with him, as he signed yet?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What's happened with him, as he signed yet?

Don't think he's even had his medical yet.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Original Dub » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:What's happened with him, as he signed yet?

Signed last week.
Original Dub

Postby phips » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:43 pm

Real Madrid's first signing of the Carlo Ancelotti era, Isco, said he hoped joining the nine-times European champions would boost his chances of making the Spain squad for next year's World Cup finals.

The Spanish Under-21 playmaker, who was joined from Malaga for some €30 million (£25.5m), completed a medical and signed a five-year contract before being presented in front of around 5000 cheering fans at a sun-soaked Bernabeu on Wednesday.

"It's a great opportunity that is always in your head, and if I do things well here, I might have an opportunity to be in Brazil," Isco, who will wear the number 23 shirt, told a news conference. Isco, 21, helped Malaga to a club best fourth-placed finish in La Liga two years ago and to the Champions League quarter-finals last season in their debut campaign.

He caught the eye with a series of impressive performances in the European Under 21-championships in Israel last month, scoring a penalty in Spain's 4-2 final victory over Italy. The talented midfielder was voted by coaches the 'revelation player' of La Liga two years ago and he won the 'Golden Boy' trophy as the best Under-21 player in Europe in 2012.

He debuted with the Spain's full national team in a friendly against Uruguay in February and is one of the popular choices to make the step up into Vicente del Bosque's side after their Confederations Cup final defeat to Brazil last weekend. Isco was also a target for Manchester City and their new coach Manuel Pellegrini who worked with him at Malaga the last two seasons. "I had offers from other clubs in Europe, but it is impossible to say no to Real Madrid," Isco added, when asked why he reportedly changed his mind from signing for City to join Real. "I couldn't let the opportunity pass me by."

Isco will have to fight for a place in the Real starting line-up but he was unperturbed. "I have a lot of confidence that I will be able win myself a place here," he said. "No one will gift me minutes but I hope with hard work I will carve myself a niche."

There has been much speculation in the local media that Isco is a fan of Real's arch-rivals Barcelona, fuelled by the fact he has a pet dog called Messi, named after Barca's World Player of the Year. While he juggled the ball on the pitch at the Bernabeu, fans chanted for him to kiss the Real badge, which he failed to do, and he deftly sidestepped the question in the news conference. "It's true I have been a Malaga fan, now I am the biggest Madrid fan there is. I will give my all for this shirt," he said. When asked about his dog, he replied to much laughter: "Yes. But I also had one called (Luis) Figo. It is nothing more than an anecdote." Former Portugal international Figo played for Barcelona and Real. Reuters - 7/3/13, 9:41
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:13 pm

So, did the little spunk-bubble sign?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ashton287 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:19 pm

I hope he breaks his leg during his debut and dies.

Little prick.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:22 pm

ashton287 wrote:I hope he breaks his leg during his debut and dies.

Little prick.

is that your new sign off?

i like it

cheers

big cock
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm

Little prick.

honestly i'm fucked off with this kid. I feel like he's pissed on the Falcon's face and i don't like that.

i hope Silva keeps him on the spain bench forever. He can go fuck himself sideways.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Slim » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:35 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:

Little prick.

honestly i'm fucked off with this kid. I feel like he's pissed on the Falcon's face and i don't like that.

i hope Silva keeps him on the spain bench forever. He can go fuck himself sideways.

cheers

You really think that's the way it's going to end up?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm a bit gutted about the wanker signing for the Spanish rags but so long as kolarov stays he can play in an advanced role and do just as good a job IMO*

*imo = in mase's opinion
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:44 pm

Slim wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Little prick.

cheers

You really think that's the way it's going to end up?

i really have no idea about Silva's place in the Spanish team vs Isco. You would agree tho that between the two of them and Mata they are competing for space, right?

Silva has been on a very very gentle downward slope for like 18 months imho (sorry to get all PICCSish about it).

i think we should have got our wallet out for Isco. I really do. Ted had a boner for Hazard last season and he was proven right and i feel the same about Isco this summer. We're not "executing" on these key deals that are going to move the needle and i really think we need to.

How do you feel about the team composition as it stands? We need a couple things to happen i feel.
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:52 pm

David Silva has been smashed just because he's dared to puh himself forward. He comes back hungver and some see him as impedance.

He's an asset, he's ace, and does things that we shouldn't really slam.

Fuck Isco, he's not ours.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sidSmith » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:00 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
i really have no idea about Silva's place in the Spanish team vs Isco. You would agree tho that between the two of them and Mata they are competing for space, right?

Silva has been on a very very gentle downward slope for like 18 months imho (sorry to get all PICCSish about it).

i think we should have got our wallet out for Isco. I really do. Ted had a boner for Hazard last season and he was proven right and i feel the same about Isco this summer. We're not "executing" on these key deals that are going to move the needle and i really think we need to.

How do you feel about the team composition as it stands? We need a couple things to happen i feel.

I'm not convinced the Hazard signing can be deemed a master stroke yet. They paid more than we paid for Aguero and where did they finish? Who in our team would he have played instead of under Mancini last season?
sidSmith
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:David Silva has been smashed just because he's dared to puh himself forward. He comes back hungver and some see him as impedance.

i honestly have no idea about half of what you post lately.
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Twobob » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:03 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:David Silva has been smashed just because he's dared to puh himself forward. He comes back hungver and some see him as impedance.

Not to mention getting shoved out wide at times last season and still managing to get his tricks and skill in. Shear class is our Dave, get him through the centre or give him free range and he'll crucify teams again.
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby Dronny » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:07 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I'm a bit gutted about the wanker signing for the Spanish rags but so long as kolarov stays he can play in an advanced role and do just as good a job IMO*

*imo = in mase's opinion

Nice!
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum