Fernandinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernandinho

Postby chef » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:The fee will be about £20 mil in reality. Just Shaktar's boss being allowed to save face as part of the deal.

If this bloke takes to the Premier League, he will change the whole dynamic of our team. I really can't think of a better signing to balance our team out. He is everything we have been lacking in midfield. The options for him, Rodwell, Milner if we need legs, fight, plus attacking ability or next to Barry or Yaya with all the little pass masters etc up front; it's just endless. He could allow Yaya to play behind the front two or we could pack the midfield with pace like Dortmund. Just a brilliant brilliant signing.

I'd like to sign Isco & Thiago as well, but for me, if that doesn't happen; sign a fantastic 20 year old striker & fuck Kolarov off & we could close the window already.

Interested in how you propose we can pack the midfield with pace if we close shop now , with what we have ?
chef
De Jong's Tackle

Postby twosips » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:11 pm

He's on about energy and endeavour and stuff just as much as pace. Put a three man midfield of Rodwell, Milner and Fernandinho and they'll run everywhere for you. Fernandinho and Rodwell are both genuinely pacey players. Milner will work his bollocks off for you and cover a lot of ground. Those three would do a bloody good job.

It's definitely an option.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Dameerto » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:13 pm

chef wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:The fee will be about £20 mil in reality. Just Shaktar's boss being allowed to save face as part of the deal.

If this bloke takes to the Premier League, he will change the whole dynamic of our team. I really can't think of a better signing to balance our team out. He is everything we have been lacking in midfield. The options for him, Rodwell, Milner if we need legs, fight, plus attacking ability or next to Barry or Yaya with all the little pass masters etc up front; it's just endless. He could allow Yaya to play behind the front two or we could pack the midfield with pace like Dortmund. Just a brilliant brilliant signing.

I'd like to sign Isco & Thiago as well, but for me, if that doesn't happen; sign a fantastic 20 year old striker & fuck Kolarov off & we could close the window already.

Interested in how you propose we can pack the midfield with pace if we close shop now , with what we have ?

Rodwell's no slouch. We could potentially have a revolving triangle with Yaya Rodwell and the new guy in midfield, each time the one at the 'sharp end' gets knackered or needs a breather he drops back and the next one steps up.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby twosips » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:28 pm

I get the impression going off that Khaldoon interview on the site that there's a lot of appreciation for Rodwell behind the scenes. He's clearly, clearly got talent and a willingness to apply it. I think Pellegrini will like him. Hopefully...
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Yaya Toure is a LAD » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:52 pm

This is the Brazilian De Jong

This is who we've needed
Yaya Toure is a LAD
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:53 pm

I like the reports he's paid £4m of the transfer to come here, yeah he'll make it back, but shows a level of commitment that he really wants to be here, plus he knows Maicon....hmm..beginning to lose interest now ;)
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:54 pm

twosips wrote:I get the impression going off that Khaldoon interview on the site that there's a lot of appreciation for Rodwell behind the scenes. He's clearly, clearly got talent and a willingness to apply it. I think Pellegrini will like him. Hopefully...

Of course he will. So did Mancini. If it wasn't for the barrage of injuries, he would've played a big part last season already. If his fitness can be sorted out, he'll be practically a new signing.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Dunnylad wrote:I like the reports he's paid £4m of the transfer to come here, yeah he'll make it back, but shows a level of commitment that he really wants to be here, plus he knows Maicon....hmm..beginning to lose interest now ;)

Didn't that Castillo fella do the same? He came from Shakhtar as well now that I think of it...
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:03 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:Didn't that Castillo fella do the same? He came from Shakhtar as well now that I think of it...

Yeah but that was only a loan - although cracking memory :)
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:07 pm

hongkongbluey wrote:
bigblue wrote:
What context? Answer me these questions (or at least think about them):

Where has City management decided that we are weakest?
What us the 1/3/5 year plan that they have set forth to remedy the situation?
How crucial has the City management determined having a player like Fernandinho to our ability to compete for titles?
How many players out there possess a similar skill set and ability to Fernandinho?
How important is it to make our signings quickly this transfer window?
What were the risks of waiting longer (increased competition, weakening of our bargaining position)?
What was Shakhtar's current financial position and willingness to negotiate?
What is our current budget for players this transfer period?
What is our expected income/decrease in expenses from players leaving this transfer period?
What is the expected return on this investment?
What is our expected earnings over the next few years?

When you play with the big boys, most transfers are for big bucks. That's because the acceptable margin for over-paying is much larger when a club is taking in exponentially more revenue/has more cash reserves than their competition and has massive growth expectations over the next 5-10 years. It is called a transfer MARKET for a reason. All prices are relative to a ton of factors, very little of which are disclosed to the public. So how can you realistically call a transfer number "a lot" without knowing 90% of the information!?

Also, you don't know how much money Mancini was "given". He could have been extremely stubborn on a few targets that management didn't agree on or that the owning club had no motivation to sell. Or he could have prepared his list of transfer targets later in the window, despite what he said in public. Or 100 other reasons that you don't know and never will know. You are speculating on top of speculation.

What context my arse!

The reason that I insult you is that you can only debate so far. Your opinions are half-baked, over-simplified, and just plain wrong.

I just read that in a jack Nicholson voice

you want a job? Make the goddam bed.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:13 pm

hongkongbluey wrote:
I just read that in a jack Nicholson voice

"The truth? You can't handle the truth" ? ;-)
CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:41 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
You only have to do some real research to have a more balanced opinion to see if a player will make it with us or not.
Some cunts wont and are still crying over Mancinis sacking.
One fuckign idiot told me he wont be able to handle Manchester on a rainy fuckign day ffs !! Ukraine for 8 years in minus 30 in Winter , yep,he will find it hard in Manchester !!!!!!

Twats.

It pissed me off how much pressure was put on some of our own players by the media quoting their prices. Now our own fans are doing the rag media's job for them!!

Mase, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a player we've spent 30 million on to perform at a very high level. If he can't handle that expectation we shouldn't have signed him. In the same way it's not unreasonable for any work company to expect a lot out of an employee they are giving lots of money to.

I'm not putting pressure on him as such but I think it was a lot of money to spend on a 28 year old who doesn't have PL experience.

I really hope he takes the league by storm and justifies the price and he may well do.
Nowhere have I said this is a bad signing.
Also we have wasted a huge amount of money on big money transfers recently and despite what some think, money isn't limitless. I'm not doubting he's a great player I just feel we've been taken for a ride with the transfer fee.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby xavi6 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:48 pm

Gelson Fernandinho?

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby AG7 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:00 am

Now the news coming out is that he has himself financed £4m to force the move ... there was some sort of loyalty bonus which he was due but let go of to close the deal or paid out to Shaktar ... thus the discrepancy of £34m and £30m in the press ... shows how strongly he felt the need to come to us ... I have to guess here but it has to be part being bored of being in the same place for so long, part wanting to get to Premier League, part wanting exposure at PL/CL levels to force his way into Brazil national side and perhaps part us ... but whatever that reason be, all points to someone motivated to get in and do well ... good enough for me!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:10 am

Dunnylad wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:Didn't that Castillo fella do the same? He came from Shakhtar as well now that I think of it...

Yeah but that was only a loan - although cracking memory :)

I was so excited by that transfer. He was meant to be the next best thing.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:02 am

Twitchy Jr said this: "Fernandinho is a sensational capture for Manchester City. He could be the best midfielder in the Barclays Premier League next season."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2VUJMPP66
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby phips » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:26 am

Sideshow Bob wrote:Twitchy Jr said this: "Fernandinho is a sensational capture for Manchester City. He could be the best midfielder in the Barclays Premier League next season."

interesting.

i dont know how seriously to take that youtube video since the opposition look like scrubs.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:41 am

Sideshow Bob wrote:Twitchy Jr said this: "Fernandinho is a sensational capture for Manchester City. He could be the best midfielder in the Barclays Premier League next season."

errr...

clearly bull shit as best midfielder next season will be tom cleverley
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:55 am

xavi6 wrote:Gelson Fernandinho?

Beeks just told me the titanic has sank.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby horlock2000 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:02 am

Mase wrote:
He's better than de Jong.

Hahahahahaha
horlock2000
Robinho's Step Over

PreviousNext