Fernandinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernandinho

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:this is all very interesting. quick captures of Navas and Fernandinho from anywhere between 50m euros to 65m euros.
yet, last window when Mancini wanted to upgrade quickly the board lagged ass and didnt want to splash the cash.

Good , it means they have learnt by their mistakes , also ,they know that the new manager has less chance of pissing off 30 million pound purchases to the extent where by they dont want to put in a performance.
Its not a big gamble for them this time around...imo.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby kinkylola » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
kinkylola wrote:heard that the 40m being reported is transfer + wages ... which i think they media have done before with us.

sorry mate but not this time. Shakhtar confirmed it's 40 million euros. http://shakhtar.com/en/news/27109

i'm not having that.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:44 pm

bigblue wrote:
Also to expand upon that:

Who on here is qualified enough to full understand the difference between spending £20 million and £30 million on a player for a club of our stature?

Exacly. (I am)
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:46 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:this is all very interesting. quick captures of Navas and Fernandinho from anywhere between 50m euros to 65m euros.
yet, last window when Mancini wanted to upgrade quickly the board lagged ass and didnt want to splash the cash.

Good , it means they have learnt by their mistakes , also ,they know that the new manager has less chance of pissing off 30 million pound purchases to the extent where by they dont want to put in a performance.

True. Plus its almost to be expected. Whenever there is a changing of the guard, managerial or otherwise, lots of cash gets spent.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote: I think it's a lot of money, we don't have limitless money and I feel there are more important positions to streghtnen.

It is a lot of money, but put is a larger context you mong. And of course we can strengthen in other areas and we will. Is there any indication that this is our last signing of the summer?!

Bridge'srightfoot wrote: I'm fed up of you not being able to debate without coming across as a spoilt brat and throwing out immature insults.

You have 2 options:

1. Grow a thick skin and quit moaning about my replies in every one of your posts
2. Stop being so fucking stupid all of the time

Cheers,
BB
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
You only have to do some real research to have a more balanced opinion to see if a player will make it with us or not.
Some cunts wont and are still crying over Mancinis sacking.
One fuckign idiot told me he wont be able to handle Manchester on a rainy fuckign day ffs !! Ukraine for 8 years in minus 30 in Winter , yep,he will find it hard in Manchester !!!!!!

Twats.

It pissed me off how much pressure was put on some of our own players by the media quoting their prices. Now our own fans are doing the rag media's job for them!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

True. Plus its almost to be expected. Whenever there is a changing of the guard, managerial or otherwise, lots of cash gets spent.

And maybe they even had their doubts about Mancini last summer.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:53 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:30 million for a 28 year old defensive midfielder, perhaps the position we least needed strengthening in.

I'm not sure about this one. He really better be world class to justify the price.

not so sure i agree here. we need a deep lying playmaker with pace so yaya can play more forward and won't get burned like barry was this past season.

i can only say i saw him once in a chumps match this past year and he looked impressive with the ball and his passing. i remember him because i was like "who is this guy?" and then i heard the commentators say his name, but i thought they were saying "ronaldinho." i was like, that's not him.

price is steep, but apparently the navas deal was for less than reported, so it kind of evens out. i have hopes he will help us tremendously. yes, this was based on one viewing, but from what i saw i would much prefer him to barry or garcia at this point.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby mr_nool » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:54 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
We net spent 37 million dollars on transfer fees last summer. It wasn't lavish but it wasn't tight either. Mancini or someone then made up that we had spent close to nothing during the summer. But we didn't, I.E. we spent a bit.

But most of them were last minute deals that Mancini(probably reluctantly) agreed to because his number one targets either fell through or were deemed too expensive. This is not intended as an excuse for Roberto, but I'm sure he'd preferred to get his targets in early as well.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:58 pm

may i ask why the guardian isn't seen as a good source? i don't see them cited too often here, and we all know sky, and most of the rest are fairly weak outlets for journalism. at least the guardian takes their journalism seriously...well, except for their transfer mill which is rather hilarious.

they are reporting £30m, but also that the navas deal is for £16m, not £23mi:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013 ... city-sport

Fernandinho, the Brazil midfielder and Manchester City's principal summer transfer target, has completed his move from Shakhtar Donetsk for a fee in the region of £30m.

The 28-year-old defensive midfielder will be joined by Jesus Navas, the Sevilla winger, whose switch to the Etihad Stadium – for a fee rising to £16m rather than the £23m suggested by La Liga club – has been delayed as he is is currently on international duty in the United States with Spain. However in an attempt to expedite matters Navas is now scheduled to undergo a medical in America next week.
Last edited by PrezIke on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Socrates » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:59 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:And maybe they even had their doubts about Mancini last summer.

They gave him a new five year contract last summer!
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:03 pm

Socrates wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:And maybe they even had their doubts about Mancini last summer.

They gave him a new five year contract last summer!

The interim gave him a 5 year contract.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:03 pm

PrezIke wrote:may i ask why the guardian isn't seen as a good source?

I generally like the Guardian and their website is very clean to read, but Jamie Jackson (their "Manchester correspondent") is about as rag-like as they come. One of the worst and most biased journalists I've come across.

Just look at his recent articles as an example:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/jamiejackson
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:07 pm

I can't really give any thoughts on the bloke apart from what I've read and what's been shown on YouTube. All's I will say is 'Welcome to City, the Best Team in the Land and All the World'. Just wish you could've been here last season to shake things up.

Now, let's fucking have 'em!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:11 pm

bigblue wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote: I think it's a lot of money, we don't have limitless money and I feel there are more important positions to streghtnen.

It is a lot of money, but put is a larger context you mong. And of course we can strengthen in other areas and we will. Is there any indication that this is our last signing of the summer?!

Bridge'srightfoot wrote: I'm fed up of you not being able to debate without coming across as a spoilt brat and throwing out immature insults.

You have 2 options:

1. Grow a thick skin and quit moaning about my replies in every one of your posts
2. Stop being so fucking stupid all of the time

Cheers,
BB

No, I come on here to have debates not throw childish insults out and throw my toys out of the pram like you seem accustomed to.

If you want to have a debate have it, but debate what the topic is about rather than the usual 'rag cunt' or some other brilliant insult you come out with.

I think it's a lot of money and money is NOT limitless . I am not doubting his ability. What context? Mancini wasn't given that much money last year.

I also think we are well covered in that area too. And we've made a lot of crap signings recently. Kolarov, Garcia, Maicon to name 3. It's not ridiculous to question a signing.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:37 pm

PrezIke wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:30 million for a 28 year old defensive midfielder, perhaps the position we least needed strengthening in.

I'm not sure about this one. He really better be world class to justify the price.

not so sure i agree here. we need a deep lying playmaker with pace so yaya can play more forward and won't get burned like barry was this past season.

i can only say i saw him once in a chumps match this past year and he looked impressive with the ball and his passing. i remember him because i was like "who is this guy?" and then i heard the commentators say his name, but i thought they were saying "ronaldinho." i was like, that's not him.

price is steep, but apparently the navas deal was for less than reported, so it kind of evens out. i have hopes he will help us tremendously. yes, this was based on one viewing, but from what i saw i would much prefer him to barry or garcia at this point.

Agree with this, like you I've only seen him playing once against Chelsea in CL last year. It was the home tie in which he scored and ran the show.

He's not a defensive midfielder in the same mould as a De Jong or a Makelele if you like, he's more versatile than that. His passing range from the little I've seen and read about seems impressive.

I think this is exactly what we've been lacking, especially in Europe. Pizarro provided a glimpse of what a deep lying playmaker could do for us but didn't have the engine to hack the PL, it seems this guy has. Tbh this is exactly the type of player I thought we were getting when we signed Garcia but alas....

Here's hoping he lives up to the hype.

Oh and I couldn't give a flying fuck what he cost.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Mase » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
I also think we are well covered in that area too. And we've made a lot of crap signings recently. Kolarov, Garcia, Maicon to name 3. It's not ridiculous to question a signing.

Kolarov has been here for three years you animal!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby bigblue » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:What context? Mancini wasn't given that much money last year.

What context? Answer me these questions (or at least think about them):

Where has City management decided that we are weakest?
What us the 1/3/5 year plan that they have set forth to remedy the situation?
How crucial has the City management determined having a player like Fernandinho to our ability to compete for titles?
How many players out there possess a similar skill set and ability to Fernandinho?
How important is it to make our signings quickly this transfer window?
What were the risks of waiting longer (increased competition, weakening of our bargaining position)?
What was Shakhtar's current financial position and willingness to negotiate?
What is our current budget for players this transfer period?
What is our expected income/decrease in expenses from players leaving this transfer period?
What is the expected return on this investment?
What is our expected earnings over the next few years?

When you play with the big boys, most transfers are for big bucks. That's because the acceptable margin for over-paying is much larger when a club is taking in exponentially more revenue/has more cash reserves than their competition and has massive growth expectations over the next 5-10 years. It is called a transfer MARKET for a reason. All prices are relative to a ton of factors, very little of which are disclosed to the public. So how can you realistically call a transfer number "a lot" without knowing 90% of the information!?

Also, you don't know how much money Mancini was "given". He could have been extremely stubborn on a few targets that management didn't agree on or that the owning club had no motivation to sell. Or he could have prepared his list of transfer targets later in the window, despite what he said in public. Or 100 other reasons that you don't know and never will know. You are speculating on top of speculation.

What context my arse!

The reason that I insult you is that you can only debate so far. Your opinions are half-baked, over-simplified, and just plain wrong.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Postby hongkongbluey » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:12 pm

bigblue wrote:
What context? Answer me these questions (or at least think about them):

Where has City management decided that we are weakest?
What us the 1/3/5 year plan that they have set forth to remedy the situation?
How crucial has the City management determined having a player like Fernandinho to our ability to compete for titles?
How many players out there possess a similar skill set and ability to Fernandinho?
How important is it to make our signings quickly this transfer window?
What were the risks of waiting longer (increased competition, weakening of our bargaining position)?
What was Shakhtar's current financial position and willingness to negotiate?
What is our current budget for players this transfer period?
What is our expected income/decrease in expenses from players leaving this transfer period?
What is the expected return on this investment?
What is our expected earnings over the next few years?

When you play with the big boys, most transfers are for big bucks. That's because the acceptable margin for over-paying is much larger when a club is taking in exponentially more revenue/has more cash reserves than their competition and has massive growth expectations over the next 5-10 years. It is called a transfer MARKET for a reason. All prices are relative to a ton of factors, very little of which are disclosed to the public. So how can you realistically call a transfer number "a lot" without knowing 90% of the information!?

Also, you don't know how much money Mancini was "given". He could have been extremely stubborn on a few targets that management didn't agree on or that the owning club had no motivation to sell. Or he could have prepared his list of transfer targets later in the window, despite what he said in public. Or 100 other reasons that you don't know and never will know. You are speculating on top of speculation.

What context my arse!

The reason that I insult you is that you can only debate so far. Your opinions are half-baked, over-simplified, and just plain wrong.

I just read that in a jack Nicholson voice
hongkongbluey
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

My favourite player is: SWP

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:14 pm

The fee will be about £20 mil in reality. Just Shaktar's boss being allowed to save face as part of the deal.

If this bloke takes to the Premier League, he will change the whole dynamic of our team. I really can't think of a better signing to balance our team out. He is everything we have been lacking in midfield. The options for him, Rodwell, Milner if we need legs, fight, plus attacking ability or next to Barry or Yaya with all the little pass masters etc up front; it's just endless. He could allow Yaya to play behind the front two or we could pack the midfield with pace like Dortmund. Just a brilliant brilliant signing.

I'd like to sign Isco & Thiago as well, but for me, if that doesn't happen; sign a fantastic 20 year old striker & fuck Kolarov off & we could close the window already.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum