Fernandinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernandinho

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:29 pm

Exactly what we need to replace Barry. Now abit more creativity in midfield instead of slowing it down and sideward passes.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:Have to say that in that clip against Chelsea he looked pretty good and it might mean we see Ya Ya further forward

you think? I was worried about this. It sounds like Fernandinho is used to playing further forward and getting into the box, which would mean that Yaya has to be back, which is not his strength.

I don't know the answer to that. But a lot of people on here have clearly been following Fernandinho's career for a while (despite not mentioning him before) and are avid Ukrainian football fans, so you should get an answer.

For the record, I have no idea whether he is any good or not. From what I've read in recent days it sounds like he has the right attributes to be a success in the Prem, but as he's pretty much only played in the Ukraine and no other big clubs seemed to be after him, I have a few concerns.

But as the club have been targeting him for a while, I'm trusting the management team and board are confident he is a good fit for our squad.

It's interesting isn't it. So many people having an idea about this lad. I've seen him in CL couple of times but I've no idea if he is the best or the worse guy in Ukrainian league. Seems like a lot of money but there's a chance this guy was late developer and could be worth every penny. I genuinely have no idea so I'll reserve the judgement.

Def a position of need and seems more positive player than someone like Barry or De Jong was and that's what we've been needing imo.

He's been linked with the rags for ages. I never thought for 1 second that we would be in for him due to his age & Brasilianness. I noticed him by accident through watching Willian, who I thought we may go for, but I think he's gone to Anzi doodah.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:36 pm

Slim wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Slim wrote:What the fuck?

Every time I try to quote and reply I keep getting a 403 forbidden error.

It's the new in-built crap detector.

Your post suggests it's not quite fully operational.

Ouch....

I think if I were you Socs, old chum, on this one I'd quit whilst I was behind.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Dameerto » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:Have to say that in that clip against Chelsea he looked pretty good and it might mean we see Ya Ya further forward

you think? I was worried about this. It sounds like Fernandinho is used to playing further forward and getting into the box, which would mean that Yaya has to be back, which is not his strength.

I don't know the answer to that. But a lot of people on here have clearly been following Fernandinho's career for a while (despite not mentioning him before) and are avid Ukrainian football fans, so you should get an answer.

For the record, I have no idea whether he is any good or not. From what I've read in recent days it sounds like he has the right attributes to be a success in the Prem, but as he's pretty much only played in the Ukraine and no other big clubs seemed to be after him, I have a few concerns.

But as the club have been targeting him for a while, I'm trusting the management team and board are confident he is a good fit for our squad.

It's interesting isn't it. So many people having an idea about this lad. I've seen him in CL couple of times but I've no idea if he is the best or the worse guy in Ukrainian league. Seems like a lot of money but there's a chance this guy was late developer and could be worth every penny. I genuinely have no idea so I'll reserve the judgement.

Def a position of need and seems more positive player than someone like Barry or De Jong was and that's what we've been needing imo.

He's been linked with the rags for ages. I never thought for 1 second that we would be in for him due to his age & Brasilianness. I noticed him by accident through watching Willian, who I thought we may go for, but I think he's gone to Anzi doodah.

It's hard NOT to notice him if you see him play (this season just gone anyway). He gives Milner a run for his money in the 'industrious' stakes.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:52 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:30 million for a 28 year old defensive midfielder, perhaps the position we least needed strengthening in.

I'm not sure about this one. He really better be world class to justify the price.

More info about our new signing.

The impact Fernandinho could have on Manchester City

The caveat to this article is that I’ve only seen Fernandinho play in the Champions League, so it’s a relatively small sample size by which I’m judging him.

Presumably, the Brazilian’s most attractive attribute from Manchester City’s perspective is his passing range, and how comfortable he is on the ball. He’s listed as a defensive midfielder, but he’s more versatile than that, and he could theoretically occupy either of the positions currently belonging to Gareth Barry or Yaya Toure.

On the basis that Manuel Pellegrini will in fact be named as the club’s new manager next season, expect City to look something like this with Fernandinho in the side.

That’s the formation Pellegrini favoured at Malaga, and he’ll presumably use Fernandinho in one of those deeper roles. The value of having a two-way player in that position, is that it will allow Yaya Toure to get forward more, and into the areas in which he caused such danger at the end of the title-winning side. Alternatively, Fernandinho could push-on leaving Toure as the covering player – that’s the flexibility City have bought.

Clearly there’s an issue here for Gareth Barry; without doubt, he’s unfairly treated by the football public in this country, and the Mesut Ozil moment in the 2010 World Cup has done him a disservice. What there’s no getting away from, though, is that Fernandinho is a far superior athlete and much more suited to playing centrally in a fast-paced league – and that’s principally why this is such an upgrade. He’s a better passer of the ball, he’s quicker, he’s more of a goal-threat, he reads the game better, and he’s younger.

If I was a City fan, I’d be almost as excited about this signing as I was with the capture of Jesus Navas. In the space of the week, City have potentially cured two problem areas and made themselves significantly stronger. Navas gives them width, Fernandinho brings greater dynamism and flexibility in the middle of the pitch.

This is going to be the team to beat next season, despite all the Mourinho-bluster coming from Stamford Bridge – and that’s even before Isco’s inevitable move to The Etihad

I was under the impression that Pellegrini was/is going to be hired to improve on a "not good enough" style of play. so that I struggle to see why You should be enthusiastic at the idea that he should strictly imitate the original mancini's style.

Also, if we have to win the Chumps, we should certainly improve on the Kun's 1goal/5chances conversion ratio, because only biased blinds failed to see that was the point, along with the lack of a shade to improve our going forward when Silva is sussed out.
I agree on the Isco hope, but we also need a more clinical striker to go places in european competinions.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:07 pm

Swales4ever wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:30 million for a 28 year old defensive midfielder, perhaps the position we least needed strengthening in.

I'm not sure about this one. He really better be world class to justify the price.

More info about our new signing.

The impact Fernandinho could have on Manchester City

The caveat to this article is that I’ve only seen Fernandinho play in the Champions League, so it’s a relatively small sample size by which I’m judging him.

Presumably, the Brazilian’s most attractive attribute from Manchester City’s perspective is his passing range, and how comfortable he is on the ball. He’s listed as a defensive midfielder, but he’s more versatile than that, and he could theoretically occupy either of the positions currently belonging to Gareth Barry or Yaya Toure.

On the basis that Manuel Pellegrini will in fact be named as the club’s new manager next season, expect City to look something like this with Fernandinho in the side.

That’s the formation Pellegrini favoured at Malaga, and he’ll presumably use Fernandinho in one of those deeper roles. The value of having a two-way player in that position, is that it will allow Yaya Toure to get forward more, and into the areas in which he caused such danger at the end of the title-winning side. Alternatively, Fernandinho could push-on leaving Toure as the covering player – that’s the flexibility City have bought.

Clearly there’s an issue here for Gareth Barry; without doubt, he’s unfairly treated by the football public in this country, and the Mesut Ozil moment in the 2010 World Cup has done him a disservice. What there’s no getting away from, though, is that Fernandinho is a far superior athlete and much more suited to playing centrally in a fast-paced league – and that’s principally why this is such an upgrade. He’s a better passer of the ball, he’s quicker, he’s more of a goal-threat, he reads the game better, and he’s younger.

If I was a City fan, I’d be almost as excited about this signing as I was with the capture of Jesus Navas. In the space of the week, City have potentially cured two problem areas and made themselves significantly stronger. Navas gives them width, Fernandinho brings greater dynamism and flexibility in the middle of the pitch.

This is going to be the team to beat next season, despite all the Mourinho-bluster coming from Stamford Bridge – and that’s even before Isco’s inevitable move to The Etihad

I was under the impression that Pellegrini was/is going to be hired to improve on a "not good enough" style of play. so that I struggle to see why You should be enthusiastic at the idea that he should strictly imitate the original mancini's style.

Also, if we have to win the Chumps, we should certainly improve on the Kun's 1goal/5chances conversion ratio, because only biased blinds failed to see that was the point, along with the lack of a shade to improve our going forward when Silva is sussed out.
I agree on the Isco hope, but we also need a more clinical striker to go places in european competinions.

Im under the impression pellegrini has been hired , amongst other reasons, to get the players to perform on a consistent basis - Mancini lost the dressing room , that was obvious to all and sundryapart from you so take your fuckign head from under your Mancini duvet and smell the roses.

We dont have to win the CL , we have to qualify for the group stages , something the last manager didnt manage to do...virtually all through his career.

Mancini has gone , he did a good job in the first season and a shite job in the second year....move on and embrace the excitement that most of us are feeling.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:55 pm

bigblue wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Mase,[highlight]I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a player we've spent 30 million on to perform at a very high level[/highlight]. If he can't handle that expectation we shouldn't have signed him. In the same way it's not unreasonable for any work company to expect a lot out of an employee they are giving lots of money to.

I'm not putting pressure on him as such but [highlight]I think it was a lot of money to spend[/highlight] on a 28 year old who doesn't have PL experience.

[highlight]I really hope he takes the league by storm and justifies the price[/highlight] and he may well do.
Nowhere have I said this is a bad signing.
Also we have wasted a huge amount of money on big money transfers recently and despite what some think, money isn't limitless. I'm not doubting he's a great player [highlight]I just feel we've been taken for a ride with the transfer fee.[/highlight]

Do you see why no one "debates" with you? You basically say the same thing 4 times in one post, which is the exact same thing that you've said in your 3 or 4 posts before this one.

He better perform for the price...money is not unlimited...it was a lot to spend...

And when someone asks you to explain your view or expand upon what you're thinking you either: go back to same original talking point or complain that they are being mean and you're just trying to debate. Pathetic

Childish insults? Check.

I'm not sure what you want me to expand on.
I've explained my view.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby steveo_88 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:02 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:Exactly what we need to replace Barry. Now abit more creativity in midfield instead of slowing it down and sideward passes.

Milner would have been better off in the middle. Opening room for the signing of a decent winger like Isco. Jimmy could do the same job as a young 'Villa' Barry once did but get you 10-15 goals a season, if he played in the centre of midfield consistently. Like Steven Ireland, Milner, is not a natural winger and has been playing out of position. We also have Jack Rodwell who looked the dogs in centre midfield near the end of the season. Keeping Barry as a squad player it's not like we're short of bodies.

Regarding the sideward passes and slow ball movement a bigger culpret is one Samir Nasri. Everytime he receives it he puts his foot on the ball killing all momentum. Allowing the defender that second or two to regain their position and annoying his team mates who are trying to create openings with speed and movement!
South Stand Blue

steveo_88

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:59 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:I'm not sure what you want me to expand on.

Areas of his game where you feel he is deficient compared to the expectations you have of a player who cost that much.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:46 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Im under the impression pellegrini has been hired , amongst other reasons, to get the players to perform on a consistent basis - Mancini lost the dressing room , that was obvious to all and sundryapart from you so take your fuckign head from under your Mancini duvet and smell the roses.

We dont have to win the CL , we have to qualify for the group stages , something the last manager didnt manage to do...virtually all through his career.

Mancini has gone , he did a good job in the first season and a shite job in the second year....move on and embrace the excitement that most of us are feeling.

Mate, believe it or not, my time of winding You up has long past.

If You want to believe to the man-management bullocks, I let You have, ebven though I am very much convinced that You are the very last one that should actually believe it.
I moved on as well, despite still getting boiled when reading some blatant revisionism attempt.
If I was stupid enough to read on what happened at the Club last season just like a setting back to the rule that the only way to run a Club is to let players to decide, I will still be buzzing on whether it has not been chosen a "better than Mancini" manager, rather than a yesman with blank track record of success.

I, as well as several others, am concerned at the fact that the Club has decided to waive the golden model of the football manager (be it mancini, or another real manager) in favour of the very risky gamble of let a bunch of yuppies running the Club as they please, including whispering to the players ears in order to arrange a riot for their personal benefit.
I am very much convinced that not only in football (Clough, Ferguson) but in pretty much all other professional sport there will never be a better model than the manager model as opposed to the Executives Committe. Just for an instance, looking at the NBA playoff pitcure, we can see the result of the same model (Bird's Indiana, Ryley's Miami, Popovic's S.Antonio) dominating.

Having reaffirmed the obvious, which includes the fact that I will never be convinced that You actually believe that the best way to run a business is to let the employees to decide when and how they want to work, You can rest assured that when the season will ko I will be spreading my usual enthusiasm and, contrary to the various Piccs on here, I will be very pleased to acknowledge any success that Pixie & Dixie, and their chosen yesman, will deliver to the Club. No matter if it will come also through the acquisition of the players that have been denied to Mancini in order to clear him off.

Although I think I am not an idiot if, deep inside me, I will continue to prefer to have a dynasty built at City by a football manager, be it a mancini, a ferguson, a ancellotti, a wenger, a gollum. a martinez, or even your beloved mou if he only would be capable to devote himself to a Club rather than to just his ego.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:10 am

Swales4ever wrote:
Mate, believe it or not, my time of winding You up has long past.

If You want to believe to the man-management bullocks, I let You have, ebven though I am very much convinced that You are the very last one that should actually believe it.
I moved on as well, despite still getting boiled when reading some blatant revisionism attempt.
If I was stupid enough to read on what happened at the Club last season just like a setting back to the rule that the only way to run a Club is to let players to decide, I will still be buzzing on whether it has not been chosen a "better than Mancini" manager, rather than a yesman with blank track record of success.

I, as well as several others, am concerned at the fact that the Club has decided to waive the golden model of the football manager (be it mancini, or another real manager) in favour of the very risky gamble of let a bunch of yuppies running the Club as they please, including whispering to the players ears in order to arrange a riot for their personal benefit.
I am very much convinced that not only in football (Clough, Ferguson) but in pretty much all other professional sport there will never be a better model than the manager model as opposed to the Executives Committe. Just for an instance, looking at the NBA playoff pitcure, we can see the result of the same model (Bird's Indiana, Ryley's Miami, Popovic's S.Antonio) dominating.

Having reaffirmed the obvious, which includes the fact that I will never be convinced that You actually believe that the best way to run a business is to let the employees to decide when and how they want to work, You can rest assured that when the season will ko I will be spreading my usual enthusiasm and, contrary to the various Piccs on here, I will be very pleased to acknowledge any success that Pixie & Dixie, and their chosen yesman, will deliver to the Club. No matter if it will come also through the acquisition of the players that have been denied to Mancini in order to clear him off.

Although I think I am not an idiot if, deep inside me, I will continue to prefer to have a dynasty built at City by a football manager, be it a mancini, a ferguson, a ancellotti, a wenger, a gollum. a martinez, or even your beloved mou if he only would be capable to devote himself to a Club rather than to just his ego.

You are completely wide of the mark with your basketball comparison. Talk to phips. He can square you away.

Your act got boring a long time ago. Mostly because I believe that yr full of shit.

Cheers
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby phips » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:12 am

oh hey look, a bball reference.

sorry Original Douche, he beat you to it.

p.s. Youre completely off with the Heat and Bird references. They're the equivalent of Soriano and Txiki. If you were looking for a manager equivalent you shouldve stuck with Popovich.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Slim » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:56 am

phips wrote:oh hey look, a bball reference.

p.s. Youre completely off with the Heat and Bird references. They're the equivalent of Soriano and Txiki. If you were looking for a manager equivalent you shouldve stuck with Popovich.

I am sure we all bow to your superior basketball knowledge.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:20 am

Slim wrote:
I am sure we all bow to your superior basketball knowledge.

I'm all for a triangle offense with silva, Kun and Tevez.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:38 am

Dameerto wrote:It's hard NOT to notice him if you see him play (this season just gone anyway). He gives Milner a run for his money in the 'industrious' stakes.

Like I said, I've seen him on telly few times in CL but that's not nearly enough to form solid opinion. Either way. Yet people are having argumentc over nuances of his game.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Swales4ever » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:46 am

phips wrote:oh hey look, a bball reference.

Look,
I haven't spent a life smelling glue in Florida as another member of this board, so that I won't pretend to be a bball expert in front of a genuine one. Nor I'll try to convince the whole forum of what benefit would come from applying the shotgun formation to basketball, as others have tried to suggest for football (ditto the original, played with feet) in recent seasons.

Although, far from being an expert, I think that we can label Larry Bird as we please, previously head coach, than President of Basketball Operations, but he still remains a basketballer, not a beans counter.
I.e. to say that should City run by a footballer, whatever label You want to put on him, I'll be great. Instead we formerly had a bag carrier specialized in selling shoes, and now we have Pixie and Dixie. certainly a massive improvement from leatherface on the footballing experience of Txiki, but still someone who went straight from pitch to desk and so far has just dealt with something already built for success.

As for the Heats, Micky's money or not, as far as I know they are the Riley's creature, it's Riley who had been as great as to mould a bunch of soloists into a teamworking machine, the one who convinced LeBron to play in whatever position/role might eventually gets suitable to play, and the Heats are still lead by Spoelstra, strictly applying the creed of his menthor.

But as I said, in all honesty, I am just a distant follower of the NBA, so that I may certainly have missed something.
But I think the point I want to make still stands, in spite of possible NBA related errors.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dameerto » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:48 am

Dameerto wrote:It's hard NOT to notice him if you see him play (this season just gone anyway). He gives Milner a run for his money in the 'industrious' stakes.

Like I said, I've seen him on telly few times in CL but that's not nearly enough to form solid opinion. Either way. Yet people are having argumentc over nuances of his game.

It's a small sample size, the only question is whether it's typical of his usual play (which is where the second hand evidence comes in).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:55 am

That's basically what I was trying to say. I'd take a guess not many here are regular watchers of Ukrainian football yet so many on here claim to be so in the know about him. I've not seen him enough to form an opinion. BUT if our board are willing to pay such a large fee for a player who is 28, then they really must think he's an outstanding player.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:06 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

That's basically what I was trying to say. I'd take a guess not many here are regular watchers of Ukrainian football yet so many on here claim to be so in the know about him. I've not seen him enough to form an opinion. BUT if our board are willing to pay such a large fee for a player who is 28, then they really must think he's an outstanding player.

I'd trust my judgement if I'd only seen him play the two games v Chelsea tbh.

Pretty obvious how he operates from those games alone. He was better v Chelsea than any of our midfield have ever been against the same group of players. He was able to outrun Ramierez, something few of our players can do.The only question would then be; is he consistent ? Two mins research tells you the answer to that.

Well the other question is why the fuck didn't Ferguson sign him instead of Kagawa ? With him at the back of their midfield, we would struggle to dominate them as we do.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Clowncrete » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:31 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

I'd trust my judgement if I'd only seen him play the two games v Chelsea tbh.

Pretty obvious how he operates from those games alone. He was better v Chelsea than any of our midfield have ever been against the same group of players. He was able to outrun Ramierez, something few of our players can do.The only question would then be; is he consistent ? Two mins research tells you the answer to that.

Well the other question is why the fuck didn't Ferguson sign him instead of Kagawa ? With him at the back of their midfield, we would struggle to dominate them as we do.

Don't think Fernandinho would sell as many shirts as Kagawa in Asia..
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum