Fernandinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernandinho

Postby JamieMCFC » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Socrates wrote:My guess is he wouldn't have signed the contract if there had been such clauses, he'd just won the league and was in a position of strength.

My guess is he would sign such a contract. He is arrogant enough to think that he would hit his targets so wouldn't have to worry about them.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby MilnersJaw » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:23 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:The club said he hadn't attained his targets. My guess is that there were clauses in his contract that if he didn't achieve what the club wanted, we could get rid for less than the whole value of the contract. Considerably less, even.

That might be why he played joe instead of pants in the fa cup final. Still a cunt for doing that. Funny thing is pants would have saved that header.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:39 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:Have to say that in that clip against Chelsea he looked pretty good and it might mean we see Ya Ya further forward

you think? I was worried about this. It sounds like Fernandinho is used to playing further forward and getting into the box, which would mean that Yaya has to be back, which is not his strength.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby aaron bond » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:03 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:Have to say that in that clip against Chelsea he looked pretty good and it might mean we see Ya Ya further forward

you think? I was worried about this. It sounds like Fernandinho is used to playing further forward and getting into the box, which would mean that Yaya has to be back, which is not his strength.

I don't know the answer to that. But a lot of people on here have clearly been following Fernandinho's career for a while (despite not mentioning him before) and are avid Ukrainian football fans, so you should get an answer.

For the record, I have no idea whether he is any good or not. From what I've read in recent days it sounds like he has the right attributes to be a success in the Prem, but as he's pretty much only played in the Ukraine and no other big clubs seemed to be after him, I have a few concerns.

But as the club have been targeting him for a while, I'm trusting the management team and board are confident he is a good fit for our squad.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:10 pm

Anybody know what the realistic price was for Ferdando? 34 mil sounds well over the top and a price that looks like it's been pulled out of the air. More realistic prices of 22 mil have been banded with Stu Brennan believing this to be the case.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Risby » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Anybody know what the realistic price was for Ferdando? 34 mil sounds well over the top and a price that looks like it's been pulled out of the air. More realistic prices of 22 mil have been banded with Stu Brennan believing this to be the case.

I've had this argument with a couple of my mates, who are rags, over the past few days.

I thought the fee would have been 25 million-ish, but all the reports that have been pushed my say 30 million with Fernandinho leaving his 4 million bonus out in order to get the move.

If anyone knows anything legit, please inform.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Blue Since 92 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:54 pm

You've got to laugh at the idea that the media always put a believed to be figure on our transfers and that right back the rags just signed was for an undisclosed figure with no estimation at all.
Blue Since 92
Lee Bradbury's Price Tag

My favourite player is: James Milner

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:02 pm

Risby wrote:
I've had this argument with a couple of my mates, who are rags, over the past few days.

I thought the fee would have been 25 million-ish, but all the reports that have been pushed my say 30 million with Fernandinho leaving his 4 million bonus out in order to get the move.

In the mail article above, a caption says he was £34m and Redknapp says his transfer AND wages is around £30m. Is he paying us to play or does no one actually know and just make stuff up?
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Risby » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:08 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
In the mail article above, a caption says he was £34m and Redknapp says his transfer AND wages is around £30m. Is he paying us to play or does no one actually know and just make stuff up?

The Shaktar website says £30 million which is the figure being thrown around.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I honestly thought it would be lower, but as you said, no one seems to know.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Beefymcfc » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:10 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Risby wrote:

Any saine person would look at our previous transfer business and realise that we wouldn't be paying more for Fernando than we payed for the likes of Silva, Yaya et al.

34 mil is very excessive and one that I cannot believe we have paid. As stated about the 4 mil loyalty bonus, why would he get one when he's been pushing for a move for the last 4 months.

Sense and the media do not go hand-in-hand.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sideshow Bob » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Beefymcfc wrote: As stated about the 4 mil loyalty bonus, why would he get one when he's been pushing for a move for the last 4 months.

unless the player submits a written transfer request (by which loyalty payments are expressly waived), he can piss and moan all he likes without losing the bonus.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby bigblue » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:05 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:Mase,[highlight]I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a player we've spent 30 million on to perform at a very high level[/highlight]. If he can't handle that expectation we shouldn't have signed him. In the same way it's not unreasonable for any work company to expect a lot out of an employee they are giving lots of money to.

I'm not putting pressure on him as such but [highlight]I think it was a lot of money to spend[/highlight] on a 28 year old who doesn't have PL experience.

[highlight]I really hope he takes the league by storm and justifies the price[/highlight] and he may well do.
Nowhere have I said this is a bad signing.
Also we have wasted a huge amount of money on big money transfers recently and despite what some think, money isn't limitless. I'm not doubting he's a great player [highlight]I just feel we've been taken for a ride with the transfer fee.[/highlight]

Do you see why no one "debates" with you? You basically say the same thing 4 times in one post, which is the exact same thing that you've said in your 3 or 4 posts before this one.

He better perform for the price...money is not unlimited...it was a lot to spend...

And when someone asks you to explain your view or expand upon what you're thinking you either: go back to same original talking point or complain that they are being mean and you're just trying to debate. Pathetic
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:27 am

aaron bond wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

I don't know the answer to that. But a lot of people on here have clearly been following Fernandinho's career for a while (despite not mentioning him before) and are avid Ukrainian football fans, so you should get an answer.

For the record, I have no idea whether he is any good or not. From what I've read in recent days it sounds like he has the right attributes to be a success in the Prem, but as he's pretty much only played in the Ukraine and no other big clubs seemed to be after him, I have a few concerns.

But as the club have been targeting him for a while, I'm trusting the management team and board are confident he is a good fit for our squad.

It's interesting isn't it. So many people having an idea about this lad. I've seen him in CL couple of times but I've no idea if he is the best or the worse guy in Ukrainian league. Seems like a lot of money but there's a chance this guy was late developer and could be worth every penny. I genuinely have no idea so I'll reserve the judgement.

Def a position of need and seems more positive player than someone like Barry or De Jong was and that's what we've been needing imo.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:07 am

What the fuck?

Every time I try to quote and reply I keep getting a 403 forbidden error.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bigblue » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:30 am

Slim wrote:What the fuck?

22k posts and still don't know how to work the site
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Socrates » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:01 am

It's the new in-built crap detector.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Slim » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:16 am

Socrates wrote:

It's the new in-built crap detector.

Your post suggests it's not quite fully operational.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby daveh1962 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:20 am

Not sure if this is how it may have been calculated but City have bought the player for say £25m he then gets performance bonuses of say £5m and he is entitled to a bonus payment of £4m which he waives. Hence why it is reported as £25m, £30m or £34m depending on which stance you want to take ie rich mans toy thing angle or sensible money for a good player angle.....you decide
daveh1962
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:52 am

daveh1962 wrote:Not sure if this is how it may have been calculated but City have bought the player for say £25m he then gets performance bonuses of say £5m and he is entitled to a bonus payment of £4m which he waives. Hence why it is reported as £25m, £30m or £34m depending on which stance you want to take ie rich mans toy thing angle or sensible money for a good player angle.....you decide

It is 25 million we would have spent on someone else, so we've got him for nothing really.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Luke11993 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Electric pace, an excellent reader of the game, a blistering long-range shot, a potent attacking threat but also a reliable defensive shield - Fernandinho, or 'little Fernando', is the prototypical 21st-century box-to-box central midfielder.

The €35 million that Manchester City splashed out on the Brazilian may seem a little on the steep side considering that he is 28 years old but, having made second-choice stop-gap signings at the back end of last summer's transfer window, the club were in no mood to beat around the bush this time around.

Fernandinho began his career at Atletico Paranaense, joining the Brazilian outfit a year after they lifted the league title in 2002. In his first year at the club, he was named the best young player in his state. In the following season he represented for the Brazilian youth team, playing a major role in their 2003 World Youth Championship triumph.

His real breakthrough came in 2004, though, when, as part of successful Paranaense side, he scored nine goals, helping his side to second in the Brazilian Championship. The following season, he led his team to the Copa Libertadores final.

After 72 appearances for Furucao during his three years at the club, scoring a total of 14 goals and earning a reputation as one of the country's most promising talents, the sharks from some of Europe's big leagues began to circle around him.

His energy in the middle of the park, in particular, made him stand out. His performances impressed Mircea Lucescu, the eagle-eyed Shakhtar Donetsk manager, convincing the Romanian to shell out €8m to bring him to the Ukrainian league.

Ukraine is a long, long way away from the comforts of Brazil so Fernandinho's decision to move to the Donbass Arena highlights his ambition to make the most out of his career.

This ambition was also clear when he decided to join City. The Brazil midfielder waived €5m worth of assorted payments owed to him by Shakhtar in order to force through a move to the Etihad Stadium.

City still ended up paying more than they hoped but Fernandinho's personal sacrifice to manufacture a move to the Premier League accelerated a transfer that had looked like it might stall. The 28-year-old cited securing a place at next year's World Cup in Brazil as his motivation behind the move.

Despite five international caps, the midfielder has struggled to establish himself in the Selecao's setup. The reputation of the Ukrainian league worked against him, despite the fact that he himself and Shakhtar on a whole were making a real impression in Europe.

The Brazilian debuted for Shakhtar in the summer of 2005 and the reality of life in Ukraine hit him as he lined up against Krivbass Krivoy Rog but, only three years later, Fernandinho was named the club's and the Ukrainian league's Player of the Season in 2008.

His career highlight to date is likely to be Shakhtar's victory in the Uefa Cup final in 2009 but he also has pedigree in the Champions League. He scored for Donetsk in wins against Chelsea and Barcelona while also finding the target in the Europa League against the likes of Olympique de Marseille and Tottenham.

Together with Shakhtar, he won the Ukrainian Premier League title six times, the Ukrainian Super Cup three times and the Ukrainian Cup four times.

A domestic treble in 2011 spelt trouble for the Ukrainian side because it was at this point that players of the calibre of Fernandinho realised that this is as good as it can probably get at the Donbass Arena. Despite a couple of good runs to the knock-out phases of the Champions League, the Ukrainians have continually fallen short against the continent's big hitters.

Fernandinho could the missing link for Manuel Pellegrini's new City. The signings of Javi Garcia and Jack Rodwell will be long forgotten about once the Brazilian takes to the midfield alongside Yaya Toure.

His ability to perform short, sharp passing interchanges has been honed at Shakhtar and should come in handy in tandem with the likes of Sergio Aguero and David Silva. His lung-busting energy, similar to that of his compatriot Ramires, should liberate Yaya Toure in the attacking third while his tough tackling will fill the gap in front of Vincent Kompany and Matija Nastasic left by Nigel de Jong's exit a year ago.

On the face of it, the fee paid to Shakhtar is nothing short of astronomical for a 28-year-old who has tested himself only in Brazil and Ukraine but you only have to see Fernandinho in action to tell that this could perhaps be the signing that helps City wrestle back the Premier League title and, perhaps even more significantly, finally help them make a good run in the Champions League.

So from the review on him he sounds like a very exciting player!
Luke11993
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Aguero

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum