Fernandinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernandinho

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:14 am

Socrates wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:And maybe they even had their doubts about Mancini last summer.

They gave him a new five year contract last summer!

And he's gone less than a year later.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Socrates » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:23 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:And maybe they even had their doubts about Mancini last summer.

Aha, it would be gross incompetence to give someone a five year contract if they had "doubts" - his payout will have been HUGE.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:24 am

Socrates wrote:

That was awkward actually. Why give someone a five year contract if there's little tolerance about mistakes? Better to hand out 2-3 year contracts then IMO.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:25 am

AG7 wrote:Now the news coming out is that he has himself financed £4m to force the move ... there was some sort of loyalty bonus which he was due but let go of to close the deal or paid out to Shaktar ... thus the discrepancy of £34m and £30m in the press ... shows how strongly he felt the need to come to us ... I have to guess here but it has to be part being bored of being in the same place for so long, part wanting to get to Premier League, part wanting exposure at PL/CL levels to force his way into Brazil national side and perhaps part us ... but whatever that reason be, all points to someone motivated to get in and do well ... good enough for me!

Morse code. I like it. Although a new thread would have been better.

I know fuck all about this lad. Thank fuck all of you know so much about ukranian football.

Phew.
Original Dub

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:34 am

phips wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:Twitchy Jr said this: "Fernandinho is a sensational capture for Manchester City. He could be the best midfielder in the Barclays Premier League next season."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2VUJMPP66

interesting.

i dont know how seriously to take that youtube video since the opposition look like scrubs.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9619820/f ... chelsea_a/
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:41 am

Socrates wrote:
Socrates wrote:

Aha, it would be gross incompetence to give someone a five year contract if they had "doubts" - his payout will have been HUGE.

The Spaniards didn't though, the stand in CEO was in charge at the time; Mancini was having meetings in Italy with AC Milan & talking to the Russians about the national team job etc etc, so imagine the shit if City hadn't signed him up ? He's not daft, Bob.

Khaldoon will have been involved of course, but it will be interesting to see what the severance package was; I bet there was a Champions Lg clause in it.

If you put people like Soriano & Txiki in charge, you don't then ignore their recommendations.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nigels Tackle » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:46 am

Original Dub wrote:
AG7 wrote:Now the news coming out is that he has himself financed £4m to force the move ... there was some sort of loyalty bonus which he was due but let go of to close the deal or paid out to Shaktar ... thus the discrepancy of £34m and £30m in the press ... shows how strongly he felt the need to come to us ... I have to guess here but it has to be part being bored of being in the same place for so long, part wanting to get to Premier League, part wanting exposure at PL/CL levels to force his way into Brazil national side and perhaps part us ... but whatever that reason be, all points to someone motivated to get in and do well ... good enough for me!

I know fuck all about this lad. Thank fuck all of you know so much about ukranian football.

Phew.

.... .- / ...- . .-. -.-- / --. --- --- -.. / --- .-. .. --. .. -. .- .-.. / -.. ..- -...
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby twosips » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:49 am

Original Dub wrote:

Phew.

...to be fair just being familiar with Shakhtar isn't exactly a big deal. They've been great in Europe over the past few years including being class in the europa cup and winning it too. They're actually known for being one of Europe's most technical teams too. They're fantastic to watch - they're not exactly hidden. Yeah most of us (including me) haven't probably watched them in their league but ive seen them several times in Europa/Champs league and he bossed more or less every game.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:11 am

twosips wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Phew.

...to be fair just being familiar with Shakhtar isn't exactly a big deal. They've been great in Europe over the past few years including being class in the europa cup and winning it too. They're actually known for being one of Europe's most technical teams too. They're fantastic to watch - they're not exactly hidden. Yeah most of us (including me) haven't probably watched them in their league but ive seen them several times in Europa/Champs league and he bossed more or less every game.

Shakhtar are a miles better football team than Bayern or Dortmund imo. Just not as efficient.

The other Brazilian lad, Willian, is good enough to play regularly for us, or anyone else in the Prem imo.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:31 am

Have to say that in that clip against Chelsea he looked pretty good and it might mean we see Ya Ya further forward
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:34 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Socrates wrote:

The Spaniards didn't though, the stand in CEO was in charge at the time; Mancini was having meetings in Italy with AC Milan & talking to the Russians about the national team job etc etc, so imagine the shit if City hadn't signed him up ? He's not daft, Bob.

Khaldoon will have been involved of course, but it will be interesting to see what the severance package was; I bet there was a Champions Lg clause in it.

If you put people like Soriano & Txiki in charge, you don't then ignore their recommendations.

Just ignore the obnoxious blubbering cunt , hes still on a crusade slagging off the new hierarchy and no exciting signings like these will get him excited..fuck him and fans like him..negative twats they are.

Back on topic , this guy will exicte the shite out of us all.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Socrates » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:38 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Socrates wrote:

My point was that they didn't have doubts at that stage, not that there was really gross incompetence...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Socrates » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:39 am

Original Dub wrote:

Phew.

Gutted that I wasted my time watching Georgian and Belarussian footie and gave the Ukranians a miss...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:59 am

Socrates wrote:

What was quoted at the time though was his pay off was a year's salary, plus he still gets paid each month until he gets a new job. As long as he doesn't take a sabbatical, the payout isn't worse that if he'd signed a 2 or 3 year deal.

Plus, as he was in talks with other teams, he may not have accepted less.

That said, I doubt there were many concerns last summer. The concerns would have come from the public criticism he gave the club regarding the signings in summer and the poor showing in the CL, together with falling behind in the league.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Socrates » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:03 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Socrates wrote:

What was quoted at the time though was his pay off was a year's salary, plus he still gets paid each month until he gets a new job. As long as he doesn't take a sabbatical, the payout isn't worse that if he'd signed a 2 or 3 year deal.

Plus, as he was in talks with other teams, he may not have accepted less.

That said, I doubt there were many concerns last summer. The concerns would have come from the public criticism he gave the club regarding the signings in summer and the poor showing in the CL, together with falling behind in the league.

I doubt it too and agree that may be where the doubts started.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Blue Since 76 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:12 am

Socrates wrote:

From what I've read about the way Abu Dhabi is, I think the public criticism could have been more damaging to him than the results.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Socrates » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:24 am

Blue Since 76 wrote:
Socrates wrote:

From what I've read about the way Abu Dhabi is, I think the public criticism could have been more damaging to him than the results.

Excellent point, sadly...
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby TheReturnOfTheSpecialOne » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:26 pm

Gotta laugh at the way jealous Rags have caused the Mail to close their comments section for their 'Fernandinho signing of the Summer' article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... KNAPP.html
TheReturnOfTheSpecialOne
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:29 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Socrates wrote:

That was awkward actually. Why give someone a five year contract if there's little tolerance about mistakes? Better to hand out 2-3 year contracts then IMO.

The club said he hadn't attained his targets. My guess is that there were clauses in his contract that if he didn't achieve what the club wanted, we could get rid for less than the whole value of the contract. Considerably less, even.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Socrates » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:36 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Socrates wrote:

The club said he hadn't attained his targets. My guess is that there were clauses in his contract that if he didn't achieve what the club wanted, we could get rid for less than the whole value of the contract. Considerably less, even.

My guess is he wouldn't have signed the contract if there had been such clauses, he'd just won the league and was in a position of strength.
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum