Fernandinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernandinho

Postby Slim » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:49 pm

PrezIke wrote:really turning out to be a great signing. really glad for him with all criticisms regarding the price we paid.

he's exactly what we needed as an upgrade to a declining barry, who of course had been key to our previous success.

Tru_Blu wrote:I'm so glad he has showed the doubters a thing or two about football. Patience is a virtue. The Brazilian has arrived.

28yo, barely a handful of caps, publically stated he wants to leave and join us and coming from the Ukrainian league.

Yes we overpaid, doesn't matter how well he plays, still overpaid.

And I don't think anyone has yet criticized his football, so that can't be it.

Fucking strawman posting has to fucking stop.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Breks » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:49 pm

Class act, he gets better every game. Class finishing for both goals.
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Tru_Blu » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:43 pm

Slim wrote:
PrezIke wrote:really turning out to be a great signing. really glad for him with all criticisms regarding the price we paid.

he's exactly what we needed as an upgrade to a declining barry, who of course had been key to our previous success.

Tru_Blu wrote:I'm so glad he has showed the doubters a thing or two about football. Patience is a virtue. The Brazilian has arrived.

28yo, barely a handful of caps, publically stated he wants to leave and join us and coming from the Ukrainian league.

Go cry a river, I'm talking about football in its entirety. Knowing there are many factors that one must face before they have fully adjusted to a new team and environment is understanding the game we call football.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:48 pm

Original Dub wrote:And to think we could have saved 3m and bought a belgian mop.

This says it all. Puts everything into perspective.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Bleed_Blue » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Tru_Blu wrote:
Slim wrote:

Go cry a river, I'm talking about football in its entirety. Knowing there are many factors that one must face before they have fully adjusted to a new team and environment is understanding the game we call football.

We overpaid only if you are stating that he improved after coming to Man City. Otherwise I do not see much point in caps and hats as long as he can play balls
Bleed_Blue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:23 pm

I doubted spending so much money on him but he really has been fantastic recently.
Long may it continue.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm sold. He was immense today. Glad to be wrong.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:11 pm

I do hope those who are saying that he should play for Brazil are the same with their National teams, supporting their tenure in the squads such as Hart/Lescott/Milner et al playing for England.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PrezIke » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Slim wrote:

'

so, how he plays should not factor into the amount we paid for him??

am i to understand that is what you are meaning to say to say?

if that is the case then this seems like quite an outlandish point. why? because then you would have to assume that our club, one with tremendous resources to invest in the best scouting, had no clue that they would get these kind of performances frequently enough to consider him an arguably borderline world class box to box midfielder. not only does that sound unlikely given the price they paid, but that goes against what many of us here who are not professional scouts even said the moment he was signed (go back to june in this thread to see this....sheet...i wrote this).'

i happen to suspect that his price was so high mostly due to shakthar knowing how good he was, even if he was under the radar to many fans/teams outside his league. also, who wants to sell their best players? also they knew we have a lot of money and we wanted to sign him quickly to blend him into our team/community over the entire summer. that all means it would cost a club more than perhaps is his value to those not so as in the know, or those wondering if he would perform so well in the premier league. the main reason we could get him at even 30 million was that he was willing to take out money from his bonus to help with the price. that shows how high shakthar had believed he was worth.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:20 pm

Perhaps Fernandinho will, from now on and virtually single-handedly, re-define the concept of what a 'defensive' midfielder is/should be.
Recently, the 'benchmark' has been supposedly set by Makalele and his 'mode d'emploi' has ostensibly been dubbed the Makalele role.

Maybe, however, that's all now changing and such defensive players, in a very short time, will be seen as veritable dinosaurs because of only having the limited skills to carry out a single, outmoded function. Such a function will no longer be fashionable, as it needlessly limits the number of players who can rampage forward in attack.

Perhaps Fernandinho will be the new spearheading model, in which box-to-box and attacking abilities are just as, if not more, important than defensive ones. In other words, we could have discovered 'the Fernandinho role', which could well be copied by other sides wanting to play in the "new" and "exciting" City way.

Under such circumstance, the money we paid for him could be argued to be good value, for a new concept.

If these are drifting daydreams, just ignore the above as I'm just doing a bit of rapturous mental noodling, transported away by the warm glow of today's performance and where waxing lyrical comes as easy as sleeping......
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby sheblue » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Loads commenting on what we paid for him. Well considering what we spent on some others, not just to name them now as there is no need, the dhino has been a fucking great buy.
Hugely important player for us.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Tru_Blu » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:15 pm

sheblue wrote:Loads commenting on what we paid for him. Well considering what we spent on some others, not just to name them now as there is no need, the dhino has been a fucking great buy.

So True.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby gillie » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:32 pm

sheblue wrote:Loads commenting on what we paid for him. Well considering what we spent on some others, not just to name them now as there is no need, the dhino has been a fucking great buy.

Don't forget this guy gave up 4 million quid to come and play for us.I for one am glad he did he is fuckin immense imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Slim » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:43 am

Tru_Blu wrote:
Slim wrote:

What the fuck is that? Looks like it should be a point, but isn't. Looks like it could be applicable to what we're talking about, but isn't.

Go cry a river? Really, that's how you react to someone quoting you? With childish incendiary insults? Then you ramble on about some stating the fucking obvious statements that everyone knows, everyone understands. You're like a fucking caveman who thinks he just invented fire only to find out everyone else already has a gas stove aren't you?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:11 am

PrezIke wrote:
Slim wrote:

'

so, how he plays should not factor into the amount we paid for him??

am i to understand that is what you are meaning to say to say?

if that is the case then this seems like quite an outlandish point. why? because then you would have to assume that our club, one with tremendous resources to invest in the best scouting, had no clue that they would get these kind of performances frequently enough to consider him an arguably borderline world class box to box midfielder. not only does that sound unlikely given the price they paid, but that goes against what many of us here who are not professional scouts even said the moment he was signed (go back to june in this thread to see this....sheet...i wrote this).'

i happen to suspect that his price was so high mostly due to shakthar knowing how good he was, even if he was under the radar to many fans/teams outside his league. also, who wants to sell their best players? also they knew we have a lot of money and we wanted to sign him quickly to blend him into our team/community over the entire summer. that all means it would cost a club more than perhaps is his value to those not so as in the know, or those wondering if he would perform so well in the premier league. the main reason we could get him at even 30 million was that he was willing to take out money from his bonus to help with the price. that shows how high shakthar had believed he was worth.

You are aware we have overpaid for players in the past right? You know how much it took to sign Lescott? Milner? Bellamy? From a purely numbers side of things, there are many factors into deciding how much a player is worth, but none of the players listed, nor any of the other ones in the current squad can boast this.

That's €14M to €32M btw, Nastasic, who I also think we overpaid for, has about half that level of increase.

Under the radar? Because City's scouting is so amazing and the rest of the world are off licking a window somewhere? If he was so amazing and that wasn't overpaying then how come a half dozen sides weren't in for him? Assuming they knew him as well as we did, you have to think the only reason there weren't agents knocking down Shakhtar's door is because they also thought the price wasn't worth it.

And in case you're wondering...
There are tables of figures that apply variables to that, but I am just about done with this. Just so you don't jump to stupid, this is not the actual transfer price, these are the variables that affect the transfer price. In my original post you can see I quoted two, but not the other two which I also believe factors in, as does potential future value and contract length, but that's getting further down the rabbit hole and I'm done with this.

Keep talking him up, I think he is a great player. But nothing from the point we signed him onwards, factors in to how much we paid for him.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:36 am

I don't believe we paid that amount for him, I think it was a face saver for their owner & will not be the same figure in the books.

But if we did pay it, I don't believe we overpaid, as he is one of the best midfield players in the world & is worth whatever the going rate is.

He is NOT a defensive midfield player, he is just a midfield player who is good at most things, so can make a decent job of whatever you ask him to do. At his best, he attacks & defends, as we saw v Arsenal.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:04 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I don't believe we paid that amount for him, I think it was a face saver for their owner & will not be the same figure in the books.

But if we did pay it, I don't believe we overpaid, as he is one of the best midfield players in the world & is worth whatever the going rate is.

He is NOT a defensive midfield player, he is just a midfield player who is good at most things, so can make a decent job of whatever you ask him to do. At his best, he attacks & defends, as we saw v Arsenal.

They are owned by Rinat Akhmetov who rubs shoulders with Sheik and the crew in "rich beyond wildest dreams" list. He doesn't need any financial face saving. I'm fully convinced we paid the full amount (and if there were incentives we are meeting them). And for general public it seemed like a wild amount to pay because in reality very few knew what we were going to get.

Bottom line is though that he has been excellent for us and great improvement on Barry. Imagine going to the season with Garcia vacating that place. Must signing and considering our financial situation and the money we'd be missing for not being competitive I don't think it matters much at all.

Now about that £16m we paid for Javi Garcia......
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Blue Stu » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:59 am

Beefymcfc wrote:I do hope those who are saying that he should play for Brazil are the same with their National teams, supporting their tenure in the squads such as Hart/Lescott/Milner et al playing for England.

What does that have to do with Fernandinho being better than those Spurs flops?
So this is how it feels to be City,
This is what it means to stand tall,
This is how it feels when our club has no debt at all.
Blue Stu
Danny Mills' Wages

My favourite player is: Zabaleta

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:39 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:I don't believe we paid that amount for him, I think it was a face saver for their owner & will not be the same figure in the books.

They are owned by Rinat Akhmetov who rubs shoulders with Sheik and the crew in "rich beyond wildest dreams" list. He doesn't need any financial face saving. I'm fully convinced we paid the full amount (and if there were incentives we are meeting them). And for general public it seemed like a wild amount to pay because in reality very few knew what we were going to get.

Bottom line is though that he has been excellent for us and great improvement on Barry. Imagine going to the season with Garcia vacating that place. Must signing and considering our financial situation and the money we'd be missing for not being competitive I don't think it matters much at all.

Now about that £16m we paid for Javi Garcia......

What I mean is, that the owner said there is no way Fernandinho would be sold, then sold him with 'it was an offer we couldn't refuse' as a getout. I think he decided to let Fernandinho go, & then put a the total price of the deal on their website, not the actual transfer fee. It was worded at the time, in a way that allowed for such leeway. The public business of fernandinho having to pay out of his own pocket to leave, was also part of the same pr stunt imo.

City have not so far disclosed the transfer fee, just kept quiet about it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby JamieMCFC » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:22 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext