Dzeko

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dzeko

Postby PeterParker » Sat May 10, 2014 3:04 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:He has 12 since the New Year and is the top scorer this year in the league, he scores huge goals in huge games. He's not world class, he never will be but he scores plenty of goals and is always fit.

If people considered Inzaghi world class, i think they must do the same with Big Ed. He is one of the most constant players in the world, he is not a guy who lacks goals and a thew strikers have that in the world.

As i said, he is that type of player that is lethal in the 16 yard box.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Green & Blue » Sat May 10, 2014 3:54 pm

I think the Pellegrini effect is in full swing here.Looks a different player these days and his goals and work rate have been crucial to keeping us in the title race, hats off to him.I think he had become disillusioned under Mancini.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sat May 10, 2014 4:51 pm

mr_nool wrote:
Before you ask, English is indeed my second language, but I can still pick your post apart. I might understand the sentiment behind it, but it's ridiculously exaggerated.

The lad has scored 12 goals in the league since New Year. He might have missed a sitter or two, but certainly not 120. In my humble opinion, he's a more prolific goal scorer than Aguero. The latter brings more to the team, but misses just as many - if not more - easy chances than Dzeko. Dzeko also creates a lot of chances for himself, by making good runs. He keeps on trying and doesn't go hiding. It's not a coincidence that he always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

Part of this is/was true. When his confidence is low, his first touch let's him down. That said, he's still a class target player when in form. I would argue that he looks more awkward just because of the unbelievable talent around him, but when push comes to shove, he's been better at leafing our line than Negredo. I also think he would look fantastic in a mid-table club, where there're less demands on him to contribute to the tiki-taka.

I also don't think he's particularly slow. He doesn't have the explosive pace of Aguero (but who does?), but he's quite fast once he's up to speed. I would also class him as a fairly good dribbler. Be honest, which similar strikers in the Prem would do a better job in our team? I would say RvP and possibly Sturridge. Certainly not Etoo, Giroud or Adebayor.

I don't agree on the counter attack comment either. We've scored plenty from the counter with Dzeko as an integral part. Don't forget that fabulous pass in the 6-1 derby win!

I do agree that he shouldn't air his disappointment in the press. It hasn't happened this season, though, which leads me to believe that it partly had to do with Mancini's lack of man management skills. I also agree on the lazy part, but the Count seems to have addressed that and Dzeko seems to have listened.

I hope you're right, since that would make Jovetic a really fucking good striker - absolute world class. What I don't agree with is Dzeko being served chances on a plate. He works hard to create chances for himself, and he does it well.

Well replied Mr.Nool.

I tried to keep it simple and concise, but Milnersjaw either has a very poor memory or thinks he can just write crap and think it won't be challenged.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby zuricity » Sat May 10, 2014 5:00 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
Completely missing the point as usual. Is English your second language too? People can't seem to comprehend reading comprehension around here.

And city revenge you can piss off you miserable cunt. Saying dzeko is shit on the counter isn't saying he's shit.

I didn't miss the points you made at all. I countered each one with a statement that reflects my opinion on each of the points you raised.

Yours appeared to be negative critisism , only for the point of gainsaying. I chose to pick up on the things he does very well ,to counter the nonsense you wrote.

The foul and unnecessary language you used with respect to what City Revenge wrote, suggests to me that you have a weak argument and have a complete disrespect for other members of mcf dot net.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sat May 10, 2014 6:13 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:He has 12 since the New Year and is the top scorer this year in the league, he scores huge goals in huge games. He's not world class, he never will be but he scores plenty of goals and is always fit.

If people considered Inzaghi world class, i think they must do the same with Big Ed. He is one of the most constant players in the world, he is not a guy who lacks goals and a thew strikers have that in the world.

As i said, he is that type of player that is lethal in the 16 yard box.

He's a goalscorer. He wins matches. He does it consistently. As you say there are few players in the world who have done it so consistently including so many big goals.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby MilnersJaw » Sat May 10, 2014 8:17 pm

zuricity wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:
Completely missing the point as usual. Is English your second language too? People can't seem to comprehend reading comprehension around here.

And city revenge you can piss off you miserable cunt. Saying dzeko is shit on the counter isn't saying he's shit.

I didn't miss the points you made at all. I countered each one with a statement that reflects my opinion on each of the points you raised.

Yours appeared to be negative critisism , only for the point of gainsaying. I chose to pick up on the things he does very well ,to counter the nonsense you wrote.

The foul and unnecessary language you used with respect to what City Revenge wrote, suggests to me that you have a weak argument and have a complete disrespect for other members of mcf dot net.

you're like a broken record mate and I was calling you out on missing the point as usual. You usually talk down on people while talking out of your arse.

I hardly wrote nonsense but you're entitled to your opinion, like i'm entitled to call who I want a cunt, you and revenge included. I don't respect what he writes simple because he wanks himself off into oblivion over dzeko, anything that comes out of his gob is biased when it comes to dzeko for obvious reasons. I made some plain facts as to why dzeko is a polarizing figure and wanker revenge took that as some personal insult.
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat May 10, 2014 8:28 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:
zuricity wrote:
MilnersJaw wrote:

you're like a broken record mate and I was calling you out on missing the point as usual. You usually talk down on people while talking out of your arse.

I hardly wrote nonsense but you're entitled to your opinion, like i'm entitled to call who I want a cunt, you and revenge included. I don't respect what he writes simple because he wanks himself off into oblivion over dzeko, anything that comes out of his gob is biased when it comes to dzeko for obvious reasons. I made some plain facts as to why dzeko is a polarizing figure and wanker revenge took that as some personal insult.

You don't see that nobody is agree with u and u know that is personal for me , what a joke. You said hes bad at everything but he score goals, that is really stupid and i don't agree i said that nice not calling u names like u call me , that is personal .And i knew it u would pull as a last resort me being Bosnian and support Edin like that is something wrong i support all City players , but nobody is agree with u FFS , so shut the fuck up for a change !And yes u can insult who ever u want but that only week's your argument and it's kind a sad calling City fan names because they don't agree with u .Man is in great form hes good at counter , hes not lazy anymore , hes better in almost all things and he don't miss 10 sitters before he score i just wanna to say that and Mr Nool said it perfectly.
Last edited by Cit.revenge on Sun May 11, 2014 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby zuricity » Sat May 10, 2014 9:50 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:

I tried to highlight my difference in opinions to yours by putting a positive view on the points that you raised. Since then you have spouted nonsense and been abusive too. Which i think is unnecessary and people stop taking you seriously.Yet you continue to be abusive.

Remember, the internet is here to stay.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun May 11, 2014 10:46 am

MilnersJaw wrote:very polarizing figure.

misses far too many sitters and takes practically 10 tap ins to score just once every game.

very slow and can barely dribble at all or hold the ball up, completely useless on the counter attack.

but as many have said, has scored vital goals. I personally don't like his crying like a baby attitude if he didn't start or how lazy he sometimes is.

If jovetic can get up to speed with how the team plays and get some run ins I think given the chances dzeko gets on a plate, jovetic could finish them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uohAa35vGJc
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Postby Cit.revenge » Mon May 12, 2014 3:55 pm

Cit.revenge

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon May 12, 2014 5:18 pm

"He bit (Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic) not this season but the previous season. This is a different season. I'm not speaking about one mistake that a man can have. You don't have to be punished for the rest of your life if you make a mistake on the football pitch.
"(But) my player of the year would be always from the champions, in every condition.

"If the champion is Man City - they need a point - I would say a Man City player and if I have to choose one, I would choose Dzeko.

"The kind of player he is, he's not just a goalscorer. He assists, he plays, he behaves, he's fair, doesn't dive, doesn't try to put opponents in the stands with accumulation of cards.

"He was the third (choice) striker at the beginning of the season. He was hidden behind his manager's first choices and when the team needed him in crucial moments of the season, I think he made the difference.

"In this moment I think he has 16 goals. Sixteen goals for the third striker is something spectacular."

Mourinho's praise for Gerrard even included thinly veiled criticism of Suarez.

He added: "Tremendous cold blood as a penalty taker. He had lots of them but with every penalty he was there for the team too and some of them were crucial."

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/m ... :foxsoccer
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon May 12, 2014 5:23 pm

I don't think that's as much praise for Dzeko as critique of Suarez and a message for Roman.

He's saying Dzeko was third/fourth choice and look what he did Roman. Give me a striker.
And he's taking another shot at Suarez.

Well, that's just how I see it, and considering its Jose I don't take anything he says at face value.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 12, 2014 6:01 pm

One way for those who don't like/rate Dzeko to look at it.

If he signed for Chelsea or Arsenal, how would you feel?

I love him myself
nottsblue
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Tue May 13, 2014 12:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:One way for those who don't like/rate Dzeko to look at it.

I love him myself

He'd score 30 a season for Chelsea.
Would be mad to get rid of him unless it was for a deal involving Hazard coming the other way which won't happen.
Bridge'srightfoot

Supporter of: City

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue May 13, 2014 5:28 pm

nottsblue wrote:One way for those who don't like/rate Dzeko to look at it.

I love him myself

I like Dzeko. I just never trust anything Mourinho says
Saul Goodman

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue May 13, 2014 7:41 pm

It seams that we will sell Edin at the end , Inter offer 28 mill . Edin don't wanna go but i think that is to much money for City to pass with all problems with FFP
Cit.revenge

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue May 13, 2014 8:21 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:It seams that we will sell Edin at the end , Inter offer 28 mill . Edin don't wanna go but i think that is to much money for City to pass with all problems with FFP

If we sell him now we're screwed. Jovetic and Aguero aren't healthy enough to sell our best striker
Saul Goodman

Postby hartfordsheartbeat » Tue May 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Edin has done enough this season to warrant us keeping him. He stepped up when everyone else was either injured or out of form. I would like us to get our money back for jovetic though who just doesn't look like a premiership player to me mentally or physically.
hartfordsheartbeat

Postby Cit.revenge » Tue May 13, 2014 8:58 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:It seams that we will sell Edin at the end , Inter offer 28 mill . Edin don't wanna go but i think that is to much money for City to pass with all problems with FFP

If we sell him now we're screwed. Jovetic and Aguero aren't healthy enough to sell our best striker

Aperentlly Inter boss is in Manchester and Auero and Jovetic should be fine by next season and maybe we will buy one more striker plus Negredo must come back to form. I really want him to stay but if u think about it we take 2 titles with hes help and now can cash so that 4 years of Edin cost us 10 mill.
Cit.revenge

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue May 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

Aperentlly Inter boss is in Manchester and Auero and Jovetic should be fine by next season and maybe we will buy one more striker plus Negredo must come back to form. I really want him to stay but if u think about it we take 2 titles with hes help and now can cash so that 4 years of Edin cost us 10 mill.

I figured that we would probably cash in, simply because of the financial situation, but Txki was interviewed only a few weeks ago & was talking about the future & how he hoped Dzeko would continue to improve as he has this season, so it really didn't sound as if we were selling, & Edin when asked two days ago, deffo wasn't planning on leaving.

Plus, where th fuck would Inter get 28 mil to spend on one player, & why the fuck would Ed want to go there ? They can't force him.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum