Dzeko

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dzeko

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:23 am

Dubaimancityfan wrote:It will be interesting to see how Edin plays against Zabba and MDM (if he starts ?) tomorrow morning ?

If I was either of them, I'd look to rattle him early on. The frustrating thing with him is he's either on fire or absolutely terrible, so I'd be looking to make sure he didn't fancy it.

That said, I think his national pride will see him have some good games
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:52 am

Argentina is to good , maybe in best three teams in Brasil so for Bosnia and Edin we start really to fight against Nigeria . Look just front four Aguero Messi Di Maria and Rodriguez , add there Zabba overlaping non stop it will be hard , they for me look more dangerus then Brasil much much more. But then again we have nothing to lose , only thing is reff is from Salvador (first game on WC ever, that is so stupid from FIFA or is it ) ) and i can image that we can't touch Messi or Aguero . Just wish that we don't get some injury and some red or something and to play like they play on USA tour.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:12 pm

Last time Demichelis played for Argentina, he was actually hilariously shite.

If he plays, & he plays like that, Edin will have a party. Of course for Demi's sake, I hope it is a more even contest in that area. If he doesn't play, I hope Edin runs riot.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby zuricity » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:42 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:Argentina is to good , maybe in best three teams in Brasil so for Bosnia and Edin we start really to fight against Nigeria . Look just front four Aguero Messi Di Maria and Rodriguez , add there Zabba overlaping non stop it will be hard , they for me look more dangerus then Brasil much much more. But then again we have nothing to lose , only thing is reff is from Salvador (first game on WC ever, that is so stupid from FIFA or is it ) ) and i can image that we can't touch Messi or Aguero . Just wish that we don't get some injury and some red or something and to play like they play on USA tour.

Excellent article in today's ( sunday ) NZZ about Edin and his early years in Sarajevo.

It is too long to translate. City get a mention ,but it is more about the way he has conducted himself as an ambassador for his fledgling country. Well done Edin. I'm glad we can count on you when the others around you are injured or misfiring.

Edit : Argentina are looking really good. They will be hard to beat, either with tikitaki or total football. Argentina are the masters of Pythagoras football.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby phips » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:59 am

it seems like he should be due back soon but i hope he doesn't participate in any of these friendlies. we can't afford to have him injured
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Slim » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:37 am

phips wrote:it seems like he should be due back soon but i hope he doesn't participate in any of these friendlies. we can't afford to have him injured

He'll need a couple before the season starts, at this point he and Jovetic could be starting at Newcastle.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:46 am

I was a bi off is Edin close o new contract and by the way Jovetic looks great on start , hope we will have more luck with injury- s this season ....
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:03 pm

I was a bi off is Edin close o new contract and by the way Jovetic looks great on start , hope we will have more luck with injury- s this season ....

Do you want Dzeko to have a new contract or is he nearing a new contract? Sorry if I'm slow.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:20 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Do you want Dzeko to have a new contract or is he nearing a new contract? Sorry if I'm slow.

'Goal' are claiming he's agreed one til 2018.

They have been much better on City related stuff in recent times & possibly have a source.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:29 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

And while yr answering that...are you bi? Honest question. Your use of past tense confused me.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby blues2win » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:59 pm

All the mood music between Club and player is positive. The key thing is whether Dzeko wanted a big increase in his wages which City are not going to offer. Goal suggests he's happy to accept his current wages. With Negredo out for a period and Aguero needing a careful reintroduction to the team a Jovetic Dzeko partnership is crucial for the early season matches so if true this is very good news.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Cit.revenge » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:05 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

I want him to stay i did not get what u ask me , i just wonder if they agree that hes staying for sure?!
have felling he will have best season in City and i think we will do great stuff in CL this season.
Cit.revenge

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:37 pm

I want him to stay i did not get what u ask me , i just wonder if they agree that hes staying for sure?!
have felling he will have best season in City and i think we will do great stuff in CL this season

Ok good to know.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Invisible Man Fan » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:46 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
have felling he will have best season in City and i think we will do great stuff in CL this season

Ok good to know.

Hahahaha
"If we fire our manager after just one bad season - We'll become Chelsea"
"If we think we can fix the problem by buying expensive players - We'll become City"
"If we remember the good times to entertain us during the bad times - We'll become Liverpool"

So, keep calm and do it the United way

"We invest in young players, That is what we are good at — we’re not like other clubs who can spend fortunes on proven goods. We know that Manchester City are going to pay stupid money, pay silly salaries and all that. We can’t do anything about it. We concentrate on what we can do to try to bring players in for the right reasons. We invest in those who will be with the club for a long time, who will create the character of the club, who will create excitement for our fans. We are very proud of that and we are going to continue that way" - Alex Ferguson 14th May 2012
Invisible Man Fan
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City!!
My favourite player is: Alan

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum