Dzeko

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Dzeko

Postby Lee_R » Wed May 07, 2014 9:45 pm

zuricity wrote:
Lee_R wrote:
I kind of agree with you mate. Hes just so arkward hes hardly ever a favorite. I think Pellers is getting the best out of him now though.

you mean he is hardly ever your favourite.

btw he is not my favourite. My favourite of this mob is Zabs.

*sigh* No.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Wed May 07, 2014 10:13 pm

Someone else must be banging in the goals if he moved to Germany last year.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed May 07, 2014 10:13 pm

There are some people you take to instantly and are friends for life. Others you dislike instantly. And some that at first you don't appreciate, maybe because they are a bit quiet or quirky, but as you get to know them they grow on you more and more. Edin is one of the latter.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed May 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Yaya over the course of the season, Edin took us to the top. Great players all around.

Imagine how it looks at the end of this year:

Bundesliga: 2008–09
Premier League: 2011–12, (2013-14?)
FA Cup: 2010–11
FA Community Shield: 2012
Football League Cup: 2013–14

Not bad for a Dzonkey.

Love the bloke.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby phips » Thu May 08, 2014 1:14 am

only player in the league to score 13+ goals in each of the last 3 seasons

we've now won 11 in a row in the league when he scores (last time we lost: Villa away)
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 08, 2014 1:29 am

His workrate is vastly improved. That's the biggest difference.

You can forgive people for mistakes but not when they don't try. Now he puts the effort in, he is not a liability when he doesn't score & when he does score, he wins big games.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu May 08, 2014 4:00 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:There are some people you take to instantly and are friends for life. Others you dislike instantly. And some that at first you don't appreciate, maybe because they are a bit quiet or quirky, but as you get to know them they grow on you more and more. Edin is one of the latter.

I've always liked him.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri May 09, 2014 8:58 am

Just watch MOTD ,Edin has not mention once, all they talk was Zabba and Yaya and i agree but Edin deserve a few words of hes recent form , Silva to for this performance. Why media ignore him so much?!Yap hes not the most beautiful player to watch but neither was Inzagi not Nistelroy or Raul ... shame .That is maybe only reason that can make him to leave because no matter the form he still back story.And i just realise this is the first time since he join City he had this run of games.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby edge275 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:58 am

The fact that he's done 'ok' of late means the summer is the perfect time to sell him. Maybe some idiot somewhere will pay what we paid for him initially and we can finally get rid of the cunt.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 09, 2014 10:21 am

edge275 wrote:The fact that he's done 'ok' of late means the summer is the perfect time to sell him. Maybe some idiot somewhere will pay what we paid for him initially and we can finally get rid of the cunt.

cannot believe some idiot somewhere wants him to be sold
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri May 09, 2014 10:28 am

edge275 wrote:The fact that he's done 'ok' of late means the summer is the perfect time to sell him. Maybe some idiot somewhere will pay what we paid for him initially and we can finally get rid of the cunt.

Don't cut yourself, you edgy cunt.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby ruralblue » Fri May 09, 2014 10:30 am

Evidently your bored and fishing but get back on yhe crack pipe. Without him we wouldnt be looking forward to Sunday so much. As fustrating as he can be he gets goals when needed.
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri May 09, 2014 10:49 am

ruralblue wrote:

Evidently your bored and fishing but get back on yhe crack pipe. Without him we wouldnt be looking forward to Sunday so much. As frustrating as he can be he gets goals when needed.

Can i ask and its honest question is he really more frustrating that much, yap he has bad games has bad pass had mistakes but nearly all strikers do, if he had run of Negredo form he would be crucified and i just don't get why ? Most of the fans like him, some love him, especially now ,but you can still find some people that hate him so much that they do not celebrate hes goals, on Blue Moon there is few who hate that he had this great form because he might stay no matter the title.I understand that I am biased though trying hard to look as much as possible neutral and there are moments when I really made ​​me to have a nervous breakdown, but I get the same portion of Milner and Yaya and Garcia, Hart ect. I do not know what with unless this is done since January is not enough for some of you it has nothing to do with football. I love City so much that i really don't care who score i m nervous wreck last few weeks but i wanna us to be fair fans like we are in 99% situation.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Postby Moonchesteri » Fri May 09, 2014 11:36 am

Cit.revenge wrote:Just watch MOTD ,Edin has not mention once, all they talk was Zabba and Yaya and i agree but Edin deserve a few words of hes recent form , Silva to for this performance. Why media ignore him so much?!Yap hes not the most beautiful player to watch but neither was Inzagi not Nistelroy or Raul... shame .That is maybe only reason that can make him to leave because no matter the form he still back story.And i just realise this is the first time since he join City he had this run of games.

What you talking about? Raul was a joy to watch!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 09, 2014 11:36 am

Cit.revenge wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

Evidently your bored and fishing but get back on yhe crack pipe. Without him we wouldnt be looking forward to Sunday so much. As frustrating as he can be he gets goals when needed.

Can i ask and its honest question is he really more frustrating that much, yap he has bad games has bad pass had mistakes but nearly all strikers do, if he had run of Negredo form he would be crucified and i just don't get why ? Most of the fans like him, some love him, especially now ,but you can still find some people that hate him so much that they do not celebrate hes goals, on Blue Moon there is few who hate that he had this great form because he might stay no matter the title.I understand that I am biased though trying hard to look as much as possible neutral and there are moments when I really made ​​me to have a nervous breakdown, but I get the same portion of Milner and Yaya and Garcia, Hart ect. I do not know what with unless this is done since January is not enough for some of you it has nothing to do with football. I love City so much that i really don't care who score i m nervous wreck last few weeks but i wanna us to be fair fans like we are in 99% situation.

TBH mate, I get frustrated at his lack of ability to do the simple things at times where we are controlling the game or looking for him to keep possession. His decision making could be better with regards to who to pass to or controlling the ball.

Cannot knock his knack of being in the right place at the right time or his work rate of late.
Wonderwall

Postby Sister of fu » Fri May 09, 2014 11:45 am

5 big goals in the last 3. EDIN DZEKO will be ringing out on Sunday and righty so. Big game hunter as Peter Parker likes to tell us.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby ruralblue » Fri May 09, 2014 11:57 am

Wonderwall wrote:
TBH mate, I get frustrated at his lack of ability to do the simple things at times where we are controlling the game or looking for him to keep possession. His decision making could be better with regards to who to pass to or controlling the ball.

Cannot knock his knack of being in the right place at the right time or his work rate of late.

Thanks Bob!

What Bob said with bells on!
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri May 09, 2014 1:23 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Thanks Bob!

Ok if u said so , i just don't see that hes that bad if u compere to the other PL striker per few examples like Aguero and Suarez. I think Edin is better then anything that Chelsea had in there striker department but if hes getting now on this for hes good but ! Then he can never hope to be at peace like Negredo is ( and i love that about our fans they give him support no matter hes form ). I really see all hes flaws but i think almost all strikers with hes height and weight have problems to outrun player ,or to trap ball like Silva and have pace like Aguero,but how he cheated Vlaar to remain on the other post then shook him to get to the ball that was World Class and i always remember that counter against Arsenal when Aguero score in League Cup ( he can make things that surprise ) He have 15 assist and 26 goals. I would love not to be repeated constantly but ..... if he has already done so much when we did not have anyone (15 assist and 26 goals )but then u cant change people mind it is how it is. The media is really unfair to him,if Van Pussy had this form would certainly not have been ignored. In regards to Raul ,terrific player but he was not Messi or Ronaldo neither old Ronaldo nor Yaya,great player but not spectacular at least to my taste.
Cit.revenge

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 09, 2014 1:32 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Thanks Bob!

Ok if u said so , i just don't see that hes that bad if u compere to the other PL striker per few examples like Aguero and Suarez. I think Edin is better then anything that Chelsea had in there striker department but if hes getting now on this for hes good but ! Then he can never hope to be at peace like Negredo is ( and i love that about our fans they give him support no matter hes form ). I really see all hes flaws but i think almost all strikers with hes height and weight have problems to outrun player ,or to trap ball like Silva and have pace like Aguero,but how he cheated Vlaar to remain on the other post then shook him to get to the ball that was World Class and i always remember that counter against Arsenal when Aguero score in League Cup ( he can make things that surprise ) He have 15 assist and 26 goals. I would love not to be repeated constantly but ..... if he has already done so much when we did not have anyone (15 assist and 26 goals )but then u cant change people mind it is how it is. The media is really unfair to him,if Van Pussy had this form would certainly not have been ignored. In regards to Raul ,terrific player but he was not Messi or Ronaldo neither old Ronaldo nor Yaya,great player but not spectacular at least to my taste.

Dont get me wrong mate, you asked what the frustrations were and they are what I said. this isnt every game and not every touch. I like Edin and think you do his pace a disservice personally I think once he gets on his bike he can motor a bit. Seen him do it a few times. He has covered Negredo's dip in form and Sergios injuries magnificently and I want him to stay at City.

Also where do you get the media dislike for him from? I havent seen anything bad?
Wonderwall

Postby Cit.revenge » Fri May 09, 2014 2:01 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Cit.revenge wrote:
ruralblue wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

Thanks Bob!

Dont get me wrong mate, you asked what the frustrations were and they are what I said. this isnt every game and not every touch. I like Edin and think you do his pace a disservice personally I think once he gets on his bike he can motor a bit. Seen him do it a few times. He has covered Negredo's dip in form and Sergios injuries magnificently and I want him to stay at City.

Also where do you get the media dislike for him from? I havent seen anything bad?

Noo noooo i don't take it personally i m way pass that(I admit I used to bo his lawyer but I pass it when hes bad hes bad and he can piss me out ) , i don't even comment on Dzeko for a while now and honestly i love City way to much to do that , m. I respect what u said but i was not talk about u ..If he play next game badly u will see what will happen but ok i ask u answer and that is that.Idid not say media have dislike i said they don't give him credit the way some other players get . But i better stop now because i can't talk about Edin a lot , Some charge me if I do not like City and I'm here only for Dzeko so thanks for chat.
Cit.revenge

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum