***official city v west ham match thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***official city v west ham match thread***

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:43 pm

phips wrote:Kolo poor. Hart poor.

Kolo?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:45 pm

kinkylola wrote:hart definitely wants for a benching. I'd give panti a chance in the next league game, and let him finish the season out if he does well.

Mancini's got the perfect excuse as Joe pulled up with something. It wasn't just the goal, his distribution was woeful and that ball that he trickled out when we were under pressure was diabolical.

I like Big Joe but I think he loses concentration in games, probably somewhat expected with the lack of work he has.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:58 pm

Mancini is a stubborn fucker, 3 at the back is shit. Stop fucking doing it.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:08 pm

branny wrote:That started with a lazy shire pass from Garcia.

Yeah, I saw that. Fucking Garcia, under no pressure at all and he couldn't give the right pass. Should've kept the ball, pass it backwards or look for a safe close pass to kill time and he couldn't do any of these.

Lucky Yaya scored. We should've been 5 nil up today. Anyway still happy with the 3 points. That's what counts.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:14 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Mancini is a stubborn fucker, 3 at the back is shit. Stop fucking doing it.

That's not the reason for the conceded goal. We were in injury time and the whole teams should have been defending, killing time with short passes between them. Instead they went looking for another goal and gave the ball cheaply on a couple of ocassions and then a stupid pass from Garcia gave West Ham the chance to score.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gillie » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:gillie would have saved that

Fuck off you snide cunt.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:16 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:Mancini is a stubborn fucker, 3 at the back is shit. Stop fucking doing it.

That's not the reason for the conceded goal. We were in injury time and the whole teams should have been defending, killing time with short passes between them. Instead they went looking for another goal and gave the ball cheaply on a couple of ocassions and then a stupid pass from Garcia gave West Ham the chance to score.

We didn't go 3 at the back did we? I thought Kolo was saying that we'd gone to 3 holding in the middle and the formation seemed to confirm that.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby mcfc93 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:16 pm

Okay secret is out the bag...back in 2006 there was a massive breakthrough in time travel technology. A young keeper wanted to earn some extra quid so he volunteered as a subject. The experiment was successful and he was sent to 2013. Till this date the name of the keeper involved in the experiment has been kept under wraps by the scientists involved in the project.
mcfc93
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

My favourite player is: Kompany

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:18 pm

Dubaimancityfan wrote:

I think you misread my post. I didn't say it was the reason for the conceded goal.

But I do agree, sloppy passing in the 2nd half.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:20 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:

We didn't go 3 at the back did we? I thought Kolo was saying that we'd gone to 3 holding in the middle and the formation seemed to confirm that.

Kolo lescott and kompany were at the back, zab right wing back clichy left. At least that's what I saw...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:22 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:

Kolo lescott and kompany were at the back, zab right wing back clichy left. At least that's what I saw...

I didn't see it like that mate. It just looked like Mancini was closing out the match and bolstering our defensive options.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MR IMAINEROAD » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:24 pm

Thought Lescott had Carroll in his pocket until they changed formation...
MR IMAINEROAD
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby aaron bond » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:00 pm

MR IMAINEROAD wrote:Thought Lescott had Carroll in his pocket until they changed formation...

Carroll only was able to get 2 chances off - both in the last few mins when Lescott wasn't marking him. Lescott was excellent today and it would have been a clean sheet if it wasnt left to Kolo and Kompany marking him near the end.

But overall the win is the main thing. We had to bounce back from the loss last week and United winning the league and we did that. We're close to securing 2nd place and now we have to focus on ensuring everyone is fit for the final.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:

I didn't see it like that mate. It just looked like Mancini was closing out the match and bolstering our defensive options.

On the few occasions we've gone 3 at the back, we were chasing the game and that wasn't the case today. Kolo was supposed to be an extra defender or and extra DM so I don't see why Lescott would've stopped man marking Caroll as suggested in another post.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Risby » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:06 pm

I'm not the biggest Lescott fan but, I thought he had a good game today and restricted Carroll to minimal chances.
Silva had a lot of loose touches today; it was the first time I have said 'take him off.'
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:13 pm

WE NEED TO KEEP TEVEZ FOR ANOTHER COUPLE OF YEARS!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:14 pm

Also on a side note, West Ham's four fans they brought were fantastic.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BmoreBlue » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:14 pm

i generally hate 3 in the back, but i have no real problem with bringing on an extra central defender in the last 5 mins of games to close things out. it's been something city have done for the last two seasons, without any real calamitous errors as far as i can remember.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:15 pm

gillie wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:gillie would have saved that

Fuck off you snide cunt.

are you saying you (or should i say a young you) wouldn't have saved that?
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:15 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
kinkylola wrote:hart definitely wants for a benching. I'd give panti a chance in the next league game, and let him finish the season out if he does well.

Mancini's got the perfect excuse as Joe pulled up with something. It wasn't just the goal, his distribution was woeful and that ball that he trickled out when we were under pressure was diabolical.

I like Big Joe but I think he loses concentration in games, probably somewhat expected with the lack of work he has.

But to quote my new favourite pundit Neville, if you''re going to be a topteam goalie you have to keep your level of concentration up. I feel he was able to do that last season but this season, albeit today it might have had to do with in injury, he's been of a few times. Mind you, not as often as has been portrayed by some, but enough to warrant some questioning of his form. Imo.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum