Do you still miss Balo?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Do you still miss Balo?

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:04 am

mr_nool wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Do I miss Balo?

No.

But I am enjoying watching him fuck up the dippers. Hopefully he'll be the catalyst for the beginning of the end of Brenda

The catalyst was always Hanibal the Cannibal. leaving, not Bali joining.

Just finished season two. Holy.fucking.shit.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby zuricity » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:27 am

I find it strange that freeloaders are getting on Marios case and blaming him for problems at Scouse 2.
Yet any new player that comes to City needs time to get used to the team, fitness levels etc.

He arrived at Scouse 2 at the last minute of the transfer window, no pre season with them.

Give him a break , Scouse 2 have all kinds of issues in their pl team squad. It's far too easy to blame him. Was he in their shitty defense , letting the prancing queen tip toe through their two cbs on wednesday ? No, apparently he was their only striker !.

It's about time Scouse 2 dropped Gerrard.

On signing Mario here is what the BBC quoted Rodgers as saying

"I think we have done a really smart piece of business here," said Reds boss Brendan Rodgers.

"This transfer represents outstanding value for the club."

"There is no doubting Mario's ability," added Rodgers. "He is a world-class talent and someone who, for such a young age, has vast experience of playing at the very highest level.

"He has scored goals in the Barclays Premier League, in Italy, in the Champions League and for his country at international level.

"I believe we have the infrastructure, culture and environment to get the best out of him and help him achieve his true potential.

"We are a strong group here, committed to hard work and he will benefit from being around it. I am looking forward to working with him and helping him learn more, improve and progress as a player.

"I'm sure the supporters will make him feel very welcome."

And the Idiot Lawrenson said

"But Mark Lawrenson, another former Liverpool defender, disagreed." ( with Gillespie , ex player who says Mario is a risk ).

"For £16m, it's not too much money," he told Radio 5 live. "When you think that Shane Long went to Hull for £12m and Ross McCormack to Leeds for £11m, it's not a lot of money in comparison.

"He's made lots of mistakes in the past - and he might make some more - but what's the worst that can happen? If it doesn't work, someone else will take him in the future, either in January or next summer.

"People say he might upset the dressing room, but everywhere he has played all the players have loved him and he's become a popular guy."

Yet now Lawro says

Former Liverpool defender Mark Lawrenson said it was "sheer madness" for Balotelli to do the shirt swap with Pepe.

The BBC football analyst believes Rodgers should fine the player and drop him.

"It is all about Mario Balotelli. He lives in his own little world, but there is no 'I' in team," he said.

Liverpool lost 3-0 and lie third in their Champions League group.

The result followed a dramatic 3-2 win over QPR in the Premier League at the weekend - a game in which Lawrenson felt Balotelli underperformed.

He added: "Balotelli is 24 years old and a dad. Everybody thought it was time for him to settle down, but, if anything, he is getting worse.

Everything that is bad in football. Scouse 2 ex players and their fans think they have some divine right. They even displayed a
banner at the Madrid game "Liverpool - European Royalty"

Really ! Arrogance of the highest order.

Re Mario's shirt swap at Half time ... Well he's done it before ( at City and nobody bitched about it) , no big deal at all. The teams have hundred of shirts lined up, they even sign them and give them away to insiders etc before, during and after games. It's no big deal yet these tossers make some big deal about it rather than looking at the facts and the truth of the matter is that their Manager has made some very bad purchases with large amounts of money and is taking the team backwards.
Last edited by zuricity on Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby sweenyuk » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:20 am

nottsblue wrote:Do I miss Balo?

No.

But I am enjoying watching him fuck up the dippers. Hopefully he'll be the catalyst for the beginning of the end of Brenda

I find it funny that if Bob talks to the press about Mario it is bad management, if Brenda does it it is a bad player....
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:25 am

zuricity wrote:
...Re Mario's shirt swap at Half time ... Well he's done it before ( at City and nobody bitched about it) , no big deal at all. The teams have hundred of shirts lined up, they even sign them and give them away to insiders etc before, during and after games. It's no big deal yet these tossers make some big deal about it rather than looking at the facts and the truth of the matter is that their Manager has made some very bad purchases with large amounts of money and is taking the team backwards.

I don't see what the big deal is about the shirt swap, the pictures show it was Pepe suggesting it. Maybe he knew he was being subbed at half time.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:52 am

phips wrote:no. never did.

thankful for his 1 Premier League assist though.

its such a shame too. the kid is talented but can't put it together. after this latest failure i can't see a top side in a major country buying him when Liverpool try to sell

That 1 assist is some stat.....however it was also Balos shot that was saved and bounced out to yaya for the winning goal in the FA cup final. Plus he was MOTM in the fa cup semi and final.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby City64 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:05 am

Amazing and laughable how the scousers are blaming all their woes and poor season on Mario. Just shows there mindset and what they are all about , how the fuck did Brenda get manager of year the last instead of Pelligrini ? what a fucking joke , a calamity. He was spouting off at the start of the season "I can manage anyone " , Lawrenson , Dalgliesh , Hansen and all the other ex scouse dickheads and the media saying Liverpool FC will be the making of Mario , he is coming to the best club in the world .......

Fuck me I an gonna be sick !

Fuck it I will just laff at the scouse cunts instead ;-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:23 am

I've got to admit, I miss Mario.

If he was still here, it would have been interesting to see how Pellegrini would have used him and how his calming influence would have affected the wayward soul that we all know and some still love.

Moreover, Mario would have been alongside far better players than at Scousepool.

If the current rancid media campaign against him persists, I think we should put in a cheeky £8 million bid for him in January.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:58 am

I miss the Mario that could've been, I don't miss the Mario that was, most of the time. IF that makes sense. I had such belief in his potential and in a way I still do, and that's why I stood up for him most of the time when I'd talk to other City fans about him, but in all honesty, I kind of feel that he constantly chooses to never progress, to remain in this unpolished state. Footballwise that is. That's a shame.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:10 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:I miss the Mario that could've been, I don't miss the Mario that was, most of the time. IF that makes sense. I had such belief in his potential and in a way I still do, and that's why I stood up for him most of the time when I'd talk to other City fans about him, but in all honesty, I kind of feel that he constantly chooses to never progress, to remain in this unpolished state. Footballwise that is. That's a shame.

These mirror my own thoughts pretty well CCJJ and that's why I think it's a great shame that Mario never came under the influence of Pellegrini who, I feel, would have had the skills, foresight and capabilities to transform him both as a player and a person.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:27 pm

These mirror my own thoughts pretty well CCJJ and that's why I think it's a great shame that Mario never came under the influence of Pellegrini who, I feel, would have had the skills, foresight and capabilities to transform him both as a player and a person.

Perhaps but I don't think he fits into Pellegrini's style of management at all. I think Mario has peaked. Sadly.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby getdressedmctavish » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:59 pm

I presume the question is a wind up along the lines of "does anyone fancy never having sex again?"
getdressedmctavish
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby blues2win » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Shocking miss once again by Baoltelli today. Complete fresh air from just in front of goal right at the death.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Cit.revenge » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:34 am

blues2win wrote:Shocking miss once again by Baoltelli today. Complete fresh air from just in front of goal right at the death.

That was not shocking miss that was a ood and lucky closing down , Ballo did all right but keeper save it. I could never blame player for lucky goalkeeper save from 2 yards from a cross.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum