Pep Guardiola

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardiola

Postby Mark Garrett » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:35 pm

Pep Guardiola is a very good manager, but nobody knows how good because it was at Barcelona and he was taking over a side that had won the European Cup two years previously. Clearly he deserves credit and I have no problem with him at all.

However, Mancini has won the league and the FA Cup in a quicker time than we all imagined when he walked through the door into Eastlands more than 3 years ago. His record in terms of stats is detailed in my signature below and they speak for themselves. Clearly we have to improve in Europe but Mancini has such an enormous amount of credit in the bank so to speak with our owners and fans due to his success that to suggest he ought to be replaced in the summer is not the answer at all.

We cannot win the league every season, no team can, and I still have every confidence that at the very least we will get to circa 85 points this season and we will see where that takes us - either 1st or 2nd in the league table. We also still have the FA Cup to fight for, albeit with a difficult tie away at Stoke (one defeat in a year at home) in the next round.

As for Soriano and Bergirstain - Khaldoon and the Board brought in Soriano in August. When they were handing a 5 year contract to Mancini in July, they did so in the full knowledge of who would be coming in as Chief Exceutive. Similarly they probably had a fair idea of bringing in Bergirstain. Therefore I do not think the thoughts at the top will have radically altered since July to where we are now in January that Mancini should be replaced.

In conclusion even if we win nothing this season, Mancini will remain in charge and rightly so in my opinion.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:45 pm

BlueMoonAwoken wrote:I Think macini will be sacked if we dont win the league or at least go close. Mancini will hold talks with the italian national team and ballotelli will fuck off to italy where he will lead italys frontline on his own. Our owners have poached barcelona staff that was there years ago who not only saw the club bring through a fantastic youth sytem but also the guys who believed in and help messi become the player he is today. Pep will sign for us and there will conversations between him and messi about joining manchester city. Messi will use the excuse that he loves barcelona but has won everything and would love a change to freshen up his life and football, he will keep the barca fans on side because he will tell them that he plans to come back and retire there.

Other than that i dunno.....

JIM MUNRO are You, there?
for the sake of intelligence, either the chance of the Italian FA taking into consideration Mancini for the National Team management and of Mancini being interested to that position almost equates to that of Khaldoon being interested to sign Slur Ferguson.

On the other hand the assumption that filling two blanks, key roles with the 2 best professionals available on the market means that Our Owners want to juxtapose the former Barca hierarchy is as laughable as that of the Anti-Youngsters Mancini myth.
Both are waste of tabloids garbage on sickminds.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:55 pm

Pep, has his finger on every league in the world, his knowledge had Bilbao smash the rags Marcelo Bielsa, is one of his closest allies.
Pep, sees things other coaches might see next month a player plays for him in a way he enjoys, Johan Cruyff', said that when he got the job, It also a fact Ryjkard asked the B team to go easy in a match with his superstars as the B team were destroying them. Pep again was a step ahead. This man will succeed if the rags get him we are gonna regret it, as he will also be a magnate for players.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Chinners wrote:Pep wouldn't just be new to managing in England, he would be new to managing any other club in the world other than Barcelona ... thats my concern tbh. I'm very happy for Mancini to cointinue at the moment no matter what happens this season (as long as we get a top 2 position obv.)

From a Premier League perspective it would be a huge gamble.

From an academy perspective, it would be a gamble to let him go to Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea, as he knows how it all works & is quite capable of putting at least a small spanner in the works regarding our plans.

The Chinners's a sensible point but, imo, quite inconsistent according to my "footballing cosmology".
Pep is the superior class of managers, as Bob he was showing already the broadest intelligence of the game while still jousting on the pitch, then his wisdom spurred him to spend a quite anonymous (success stage wise) to the Land of Tactics, just as every smart lad would do going to Stanford or Cambridge to improve his knowledge. Everything in him tells that given decent time and backing, and to be fair taking advantage of the massive work already undertaken by Bob on the MCFC anarchy (whose final stride just ended on last September) Pep will succeed. that's almost granted, imho.

On the other hand, while appreciating/agreeing on the logic of Ted on the Academy being the main focus of the Club and most probably the only real argument of thoughtful consideration, I think the same is quite inconclusive as well.
On contemporary industrial football the idea itself of the manager of a World Dominant Club caring of the Academy is not more than a romantic myth, a part for a very general guideline on the pattern of developments (Style and Type of Players to be chased and developed). I consider that Ted's assessment of the chances of Bob success at Barca and Pep at City may be fairly reversed on this point: Mancini might be a successful Academy Developer as well as Pep might be a successful manager at City.

On such assumption and taking for granted the obvious point made by Ted on the impossibility to hire a F1 driver for a Limousine Service (i.e. either Bob, and Pep, when officially reinstated into the joy of challenging, deserve a managerial position) I'd guess that, all considered, my ideal option would be to try and tempt the man who designed and established the work later developed by Pep - Frank Rijkaard - for the Academy job and keeping the faith on Mancini's helm for the next 17 years.

But tbf, my last opinion should require an upgrading of the Mancini-licker alert to DefCon3, probably... :-)

Pep took over a relegated B team in a total mess the accadamy was so fooked when he brought back it's value to Barca, again read the book. They have since moved into a pep Bergistain and many others facility we are basing ours on.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Hazy2 wrote:Pep, has his finger on every league in the world, his knowledge had Bilbao smash the rags Marcelo Bielsa, is one of his closest allies.
Pep, sees things other coaches might see next month a player plays for him in a way he enjoys, Johan Cruyff', said that when he got the job, It also a fact Ryjkard asked the B team to go easy in a match with his superstars as the B team were destroying them. Pep again was a step ahead. This man will succeed if the rags get him we are gonna regret it, as he will also be a magnate for players.

I beg Your pardon, Mate: 100% abuse free.
I'd call it academical interest...
Assuming that Your wife gave You lovely children and still continue to delight You with satisfactory orgasms, would You part from her to avoid that a neighbour of Your Goodself might have similar or even better orgasms.and in case, how often the wise procedure should apply? also would You consider to convert to Islam, to be entitle to polygamy in case the neighbours were more than one?

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:Pep, has his finger on every league in the world, his knowledge had Bilbao smash the rags Marcelo Bielsa, is one of his closest allies.

Assuming that Your wife gave You lovely children and still continue to delight You with satisfactory orgasms, would You part from her to avoid that a neighbour of Your Goodself might have similar or even better orgasms.and in case, how often the wise procedure should apply? also would You consider to convert to Islam, to be entitle to polygamy in case the neighbours were more than one?

I have no idea what you are going on about, this a Mancity love in not Bamber's mad hour, fact is he inherited 2 or 3 Spainsh players and a bunch of talented players half of which were on the piss 24/4 the other half were not good enough, the Spanish players had seen there arse with the buy the most expensive players and watch them take the money and run. You know Pep is made for us and the timing is perfect sorry for Bob, I realy am but the next steps IMHO are with Pep. Brutal but as Bobby said it is normal for coaches and clubs to look.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:22 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Chinners wrote:Pep wouldn't just be new to managing in England, he would be new to managing any other club in the world other than Barcelona ... thats my concern tbh. I'm very happy for Mancini to cointinue at the moment no matter what happens this season (as long as we get a top 2 position obv.)

From a Premier League perspective it would be a huge gamble.

From an academy perspective, it would be a gamble to let him go to Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea, as he knows how it all works & is quite capable of putting at least a small spanner in the works regarding our plans.

The Chinners's a sensible point but, imo, quite inconsistent according to my "footballing cosmology".
Pep is the superior class of managers, as Bob he was showing already the broadest intelligence of the game while still jousting on the pitch, then his wisdom spurred him to spend a quite anonymous (success stage wise) to the Land of Tactics, just as every smart lad would do going to Stanford or Cambridge to improve his knowledge. Everything in him tells that given decent time and backing, and to be fair taking advantage of the massive work already undertaken by Bob on the MCFC anarchy (whose final stride just ended on last September) Pep will succeed. that's almost granted, imho.

On the other hand, while appreciating/agreeing on the logic of Ted on the Academy being the main focus of the Club and most probably the only real argument of thoughtful consideration, I think the same is quite inconclusive as well.
On contemporary industrial football the idea itself of the manager of a World Dominant Club caring of the Academy is not more than a romantic myth, a part for a very general guideline on the pattern of developments (Style and Type of Players to be chased and developed). I consider that Ted's assessment of the chances of Bob success at Barca and Pep at City may be fairly reversed on this point: Mancini might be a successful Academy Developer as well as Pep might be a successful manager at City.

On such assumption and taking for granted the obvious point made by Ted on the impossibility to hire a F1 driver for a Limousine Service (i.e. either Bob, and Pep, when officially reinstated into the joy of challenging, deserve a managerial position) I'd guess that, all considered, my ideal option would be to try and tempt the man who designed and established the work later developed by Pep - Frank Rijkaard - for the Academy job and keeping the faith on Mancini's helm for the next 17 years.

But tbf, my last opinion should require an upgrading of the Mancini-licker alert to DefCon3, probably... :-)

Pep took over a relegated B team in a total mess the accadamy was so fooked when he brought back it's value to Barca, again read the book. They have since moved into a pep Bergistain and many others facility we are basing ours on.

while Mancini took over Real Madrid, eh?
Or was it just a comprehensive purse, whereas everyone, players, players wags, naive football admistrators, marketing experts, naive medical staff in the need of 10 minutes to apply a bendage, etc ...... part time overlooked by a Top Qualified Businessman, with no specific experience of the football industry, all were aiming to stretch the tug of war at their personal side?

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:27 pm

The special one has failed to maintain the siege mentality The Spanish players have decided he is a wanker, unlike Terry, Lampard, Cole his Chelsea days are old hat now. I have the opinion that Pep is the way we move onto a 10 yr plan, I would not be worried if Bob stayed, I would be very worried if Pep was to go to the scum, that is a club he could damage us with and our owners aspirations. Just an opinion.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:

I have no idea what you are going on about, this a Mancity love in not Bamber's mad hour, fact is he inherited 2 or 3 Spainsh players and a bunch of talented players half of which were on the piss 24/4 the other half were not good enough, the Spanish players had seen there arse with the buy the most expensive players and watch them take the money and run. You know Pep is made for us and the timing is perfect sorry for Bob, I realy am but the next steps IMHO are with Pep. Brutal but as Bobby said it is normal for coaches and clubs to look.

I have no problem with ruthlessness in business. never had.
I have big issue with idiocy though.
thanks for MCFC, Decision Makers at the Club - btw, those who chased Mancini in the awareness that he was one of the fews featuring the abilities to turn a Circus of Freaks into a Dominant Club in almost half the time needed to Slur to win a shit - are the opposite of Idiots.
You will undestand it, again, this summer, the next one and the following next, again. while continuing to entartain Yourself with tablioid science.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:33 pm

i like bob quite a lot but would deffo swap him for pep. pep's eye for talent and man management skills would take us to the next level. our tactics would not even need to change much, as i think bob has borrowed many of his ideas from barca already.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:

thanks for MCFC, Decision Makers at the Club - btw, those who chased Mancini in the awareness that he was one of the fews featuring the abilities to turn a Circus of Freaks into a Dominant Club in almost half the time needed to Slur to win a shit - are the opposite of Idiots.
You will undestand it, again, this summer, the next one and the following next, again. while continuing to entartain Yourself with tablioid science.

OK.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Scatman » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:

The utilitarian in me would suggest staying with your wife, and your neighbour staying with his. That way, you can both have good orgasms. However, only one team can win the league every year. I would prefer it to be us.
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Anyway, I understand that this debate it's not for me and takes the worst out of me.
If I have been perceived as unpleasant, please have my regrets, Hazy.

You all are well entitled to assume that my attitude is because I am a licker, but in all truth I would feel and behave the same way if Guardiola or Klopp had been the City manager of the past 3 years.

Whatsoever, providing that we will be saved the Special Clown and his Rags-esque mind, I wont lose a sleep either with Bob, Pep or Jurgen at the helm.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:

There is nothing stupid in what Hazy has said, he has a perfectly reasonable argument & one which our bosses will be evaluating.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:Anyway, I understand that this debate it's not for me and takes the worst out of me.
If I have been perceived as unpleasant, please have my regrets, Hazy.

You all are well entitled to assume that my attitude is because I am a licker, but in all truth I would feel and behave the same way if Guardiola or Klopp had been the City manager of the past 3 years.

Whatsoever, providing that we will be saved the Special Clown and his Rags-esque mind, I wont lose a sleep either with Bob, Pep or Jurgen at the helm.

Bob, is IMHO unlucky Pep is a one off, You the Lyical Gangasta have not offended me I am a pep fan for that I have a biased as for Tabloids mate please I am City fan, give me some credit...
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Pep is officially the new Bayern Munich manager.

Debate closed, forza Mancini!

Perfekt! PEP GUARDIOLA (41) ab Juli bis 2016 neuer Trainer des FC Bayern! / Heynckes beendet zum Saisonende seine Karriere. ^M.Hörwick

https://twitter.com/FCBayern/status/291572547470909440
Last edited by Blue Blood on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Blood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby AG7 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:54 pm

ESPN BREAKING NEWS: Bayern Munich have confirmed Pep Guardiola will become the club's new manager in the summer.
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Chad » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:58 pm

Very interesting.

A three year contract surely makes him favourite to be the next rags manager, although anything could happen in that time I suppose.
Chad
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:59 pm

When did Pep become the messiah for all things academy who built La Masia with his bare hands & grew all the youth products in his backyard? I like the bloke & don't want to knock his achievements, but I doubt he'll walk into any club & turn it into Barca MkII in a space of 5 years.

Watch the Bayern wankers trying to keep him on a short leash.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:02 pm

This is a very mature decision coming from Bayern Munich. They're usually as triggerhappy as Atletico de Madrid in my experience, but this time they're gonna wait until the end of the season. I guess hell does freeze over.
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum