Pep Guardiola

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardiola

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:08 am

If Bobby doesnt win a pot this year i'd be happy to see Pep arrive.
There i've said it.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:30 am

Why is it that, when this subject crops up, a load of people turn into morons ? Fucking grow up.

It's a perfectly reasonable subject for discussion. Pep has just said he wants to be a manager in England.

I think Mancini has a better chance of achieving short term, continued success than Guardiola, as he has already done it & would have certainly done it again this season if he'd been allowed to sign RVP. The fact that the club had no enthusiasm for signing RVP should be an indication of the possible area where City, & Mancini could be at odds in their thinking.

If people weren't so busy happily slaughtering Marwood & had a bit of nous, they would notice this. Do you all really think that Soriano etc had no input ? They just suddenly blundered into the job in a state of total surprise & shock trying to rectify the mistakes of the evil Marwood ?

City have a plan. Not just for now, but for decades to come. If they feel Mancini is the right bloke to take that forward, he will be in charge for a long time. If they think Pep is a better choice, Bob will be gone.
Last edited by Ted Hughes on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Cit.revenge » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:30 am

Think Bob without hes experiments is great , when is going on hes sure thing we play great an win games, only thing is CL and to be fair we play poor but also have hard group . I would stick with Bob , i dont wanna for us to be Chelsea ,change managers like whores ,.For me he did not get what he want on summer try something else to make us better did not work, so what. So let him to work for what we know can work or risk with Guardiola who is risk. So my vote to Bob and suport
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:32 am

lets all have a disco wrote:If Bobby doesnt win a pot this year i'd be happy to see Pep arrive.
There i've said it.

Kiers,
I have nothing against Pep. All to the contrary.
And the "unproven to EPL" tag is a fake argument, as well. Same was Bobby, who took his fairly short time to run the apprenticeship, and little difference would make to Pep: managers are good or average at any latitude whether they have been gifted the Football Genious or not. Sparky will be forever a rags media merchandise or Fat Sam a limited craftman, whatsoever time and resources they would be given.

ONCE SAID THAT, and urging You, Sparty and everyone else to erase from Your minds the idea itself of me "backing my man", the very concept of "if the manager does not win something every season" is an ILL one.
And should be removed from the culture of any HEALTY Football Club aiming to long lasting success and applied to each and every manager, once selected and picked from the very shortlist of successful, proven managers on the evidence of their professional track records.

Then, back to my reply to Sparty: Everyone is entitled to own sympathy and it's all good fun on football forums.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:36 am

Pep wouldn't just be new to managing in England, he would be new to managing any other club in the world other than Barcelona ... thats my concern tbh. I'm very happy for Mancini to cointinue at the moment no matter what happens this season (as long as we get a top 2 position obv.)
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:43 am

Chinners wrote:Pep wouldn't just be new to managing in England, he would be new to managing any other club in the world other than Barcelona ... thats my concern tbh. I'm very happy for Mancini to cointinue at the moment no matter what happens this season (as long as we get a top 2 position obv.)

From a Premier League perspective it would be a huge gamble.

From an academy perspective, it would be a gamble to let him go to Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea, as he knows how it all works & is quite capable of putting at least a small spanner in the works regarding our plans.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Chinners wrote:Pep wouldn't just be new to managing in England, he would be new to managing any other club in the world other than Barcelona ... thats my concern tbh. I'm very happy for Mancini to cointinue at the moment no matter what happens this season (as long as we get a top 2 position obv.)

From an academy perspective, it would be a gamble to let him go to Utd, Arsenal or Chelsea, as he knows how it all works & is quite capable of putting at least a small spanner in the works regarding our plans.

Oh yeah, I'd have him as Academy coach, no probs
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:48 am

Chinners wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Oh yeah, I'd have him as Academy coach, no probs

We don't get that choice though, & that's the problem. We spend £200 mil on a state of the art academy, then Gurdiola takes over at Arsenal & takes all the best players there.

It's not as simple a decision as people are making out.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:50 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Why is it that, when this subject crops up, a load of people turn into morons ? Fucking grow up.

It's a perfectly reasonable subject for discussion. Pep has just said he wants to be a manager in England.

I think Mancini has a better chance of achieving short term, continued success than Guardiola, as he has already done it & would have certainly done it again this season if he'd been allowed to sign RVP. The fact that the club had no enthusiasm for signing RVP should be an indication of the possible area where City, & Mancini could be at odds in their thinking.

If people weren't so busy happily slaughtering Marwood & had a bit of nous, they would notice this. Do you all really think that Soriano etc had no input ? They just suddenly blundered into the job in a state of total surprise & shock trying to rectify the mistakes of the evil Marwood ?

City have a plan. Not just for now, but for decades to come. If they feel Mancini is the right bloke to take that forward, he will be in charge for a long time. If they think Pep is a better choice, Bob will be gone.

Ted, PG, is a better manager than Bob, he has happier players he has proved he plays better football. He has not only been the most succesful manager, he was a Great player, rated as one of the best in his position his way would suit me I am a big fan. Love Bobby but he is all bussiness as the Monaco issue proved. Managers at this level move on and it is normal. Look at the special one at the biggest club in the world and looking after himself just as Bob did with Monaco. The top end clubs Bayern Madrid, now PSG to name a few will be openly changing managers all are in the loop it's normal. 5,6,7 mill a year is a nice salary for the worry.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:57 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Why is it that, when this subject crops up, a load of people turn into morons ? Fucking grow up.

Ted, PG, is a better manager than Bob, he has happier players he has proved he plays better football. He has not only been the most succesful manager, he was a Great player, rated as one of the best in his position his way would suit me I am a big fan. Love Bobby but he is all bussiness as the Monaco issue proved. Managers at this level move on and it is normal. Look at the special one at the biggest club in the world and looking after himself just as Bob did with Monaco. The top end clubs Bayern Madrid, now PSG to name a few will be openly changing managers all are in the loop it's normal. 5,6,7 mill a year is a nice salary for the worry.

There is no proof whatsoever that Pep can do what Mancini has done. There is also nothing to say that Mancini couldn't take over at Barca & win everything.

It is a very important & difficult decision which has a lot of pros & cons. Some people on here just laughing it away are being ridiculous but it's by no means cut & dried either way.

The ideal situation for City would be for Pep to go to Bayern for a few years whilst Bob continues. My gut feeling is that he will be in England though.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Themontyburns » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 am

I'm torn with this one.

My honest opinion is that with the back room changes, the academy plan, and the long term vision of the club that Pep would be a better fit having been at the 'model' club. I think the heavy investment in the first team was always a short term plan to bring us up to speed, but that the investment in youth development, home grown players, scouting networks and local development was always the long term vision of the club. This is exactly what I would like to see from our club, while maintaining success on a yearly basis.

I genuinely like Bobby, and think he's done a sterling job. I do however think that mistakes have been made both tactically, and with signings.

I don't like to see churn when it comes to either management or playing staff, but I feel that our champions league failure (taking into account the draws we've got) and the aforementioned mistakes, have meant that changes can be discussed, and made, without knee jerk reactionary comments.

I think Pep would be ideal, he's available, and it fits with what I believe to be the owners vision for the club.

However, if Bobby stayed, I won't be day dreaming of what cold have been...(hopefully)
Themontyburns
Negouai's Red Cards

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Richards

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:29 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

There is no proof whatsoever that Pep can do what Mancini has done. There is also nothing to say that Mancini couldn't take over at Barca & win everything.

It is a very important & difficult decision which has a lot of pros & cons. Some people on here just laughing it away are being ridiculous but it's by no means cut & dried either way.

The ideal situation for City would be for Pep to go to Bayern for a few years whilst Bob continues. My gut feeling is that he will be in England though.

Mancini, has style of play which would not be suited to Barca, His next team coz they all move on will be Italy? or the Middle East, Bob, has done a great job,love him will he move us on in the way the owners want, I suggest that is where Pep comes in, he is a level above, any notion he inherited an all singing all dancing team ready to walk all over the world is just not true. He has players disco dancing to the small hours and taking the piss Deco Ronny, Eto not as much had become along with a very gulliable Messi were taking the piss Ryjkard had lost the dressing room which was split into two camps like Madrid now. What he has on his CV is better than anyone other than Jose who is a bad fit for us. If the Prem is his destination then MCFC have to get him IMHO, read the Book he worked wonders at Barca and there is more to that club than meets the eye. Manging that monster 1st job, is remarkable.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:35 am

The powers that be at the club gave Mancini a 5 year contract in the full knowledge that Guardiola would be available next summer. That suggests that the job is Mancini's to lose and not Guardiola's to walk into if he feels like it.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:02 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:The powers that be at the club gave Mancini a 5 year contract in the full knowledge that Guardiola would be available next summer. That suggests that the job is Mancini's to lose and not Guardiola's to walk into if he feels like it.

Jose has 2 more yrs at Madrid but has declared the usual media lead come and get me, Managers and clubs sign deals, Bobby will have a clause and the club will trigger that if needed. Di Mateo lasted weeks as Euro champs, Del Bosque did a double and was gone.
Whatever happens managers walk away minted.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:10 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

Mancini, has style of play which would not be suited to Barca, His next team coz they all move on will be Italy? or the Middle East, Bob, has done a great job,love him will he move us on in the way the owners want, I suggest that is where Pep comes in, he is a level above, any notion he inherited an all singing all dancing team ready to walk all over the world is just not true. He has players disco dancing to the small hours and taking the piss Deco Ronny, Eto not as much had become along with a very gulliable Messi were taking the piss Ryjkard had lost the dressing room which was split into two camps like Madrid now. What he has on his CV is better than anyone other than Jose who is a bad fit for us. If the Prem is his destination then MCFC have to get him IMHO, read the Book he worked wonders at Barca and there is more to that club than meets the eye. Manging that monster 1st job, is remarkable.

The manager doesn't get to choose the style of play at Barca, just to help organise it. I have no doubt personally that Mancini could do that.

However, Pep was one of the people who helped put that system in place, & that spreads throughout the whole club. That's what City will be wanting to do imo, & I'm not sure that Bob has a passion for that wheras Pep does, & that leaves Bob in danger imo as I have always believed that Khaldoon sees player development as our prime target.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 pm

I Think macini will be sacked if we dont win the league or at least go close. Mancini will hold talks with the italian national team and ballotelli will fuck off to italy where he will lead italys frontline on his own. Our owners have poached barcelona staff that was there years ago who not only saw the club bring through a fantastic youth sytem but also the guys who believed in and help messi become the player he is today. Pep will sign for us and there will conversations between him and messi about joining manchester city. Messi will use the excuse that he loves barcelona but has won everything and would love a change to freshen up his life and football, he will keep the barca fans on side because he will tell them that he plans to come back and retire there.

Other than that i dunno.....
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:01 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:

The manager doesn't get to choose the style of play at Barca, just to help organise it. I have no doubt personally that Mancini could do that.

However, Pep was one of the people who helped put that system in place, & that spreads throughout the whole club. That's what City will be wanting to do imo, & I'm not sure that Bob has a passion for that wheras Pep does, & that leaves Bob in danger imo as I have always believed that Khaldoon sees player development as our prime target.

Barca have changed the style and even played with Zlatan as a number 9. Bob is a now man, young players will drip feed in if desperate, Pep dispensed with that and another gamble he took was Buscettes, Pedro, young players bringing his way into a 1st team
at Barca that had become a poison players on the piss, taking the piss, to sell Ronny when you read the book was a major gamble as the previous year he has destroyed Real Madrid on his own and sold more shirts than anyone worldwide. His results at Barca bearing in mind they lost a few at the start was confirmation he could handle anything and the Prem would hold no fear he has been kickinf SAF arse for years, yes Barca have slipped up with Chesea, but that is Football and crazy results.Pep offers us for me anyway a way to dominate for years and grow our own Barca thing.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby MilnersJaw » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:08 pm

He's declared today that he wants to manage in England. That means us, Chelsea scum, swamp or even gooners possibly. Although he wants to do it in England, he isn't going to go to a small or skint club.

Maybe if he really wants to manage in England he could take over the national side instead of safety first Roy.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:24 pm

Original Dub wrote:What's your opinion on the subject Beefy?

I'm a little busy at the mo mate, I'll get back to you later.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:33 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:

The Chinners's a sensible point but, imo, quite inconsistent according to my "footballing cosmology".
Pep is the superior class of managers, as Bob he was showing already the broadest intelligence of the game while still jousting on the pitch, then his wisdom spurred him to spend a quite anonymous (success stage wise) to the Land of Tactics, just as every smart lad would do going to Stanford or Cambridge to improve his knowledge. Everything in him tells that given decent time and backing, and to be fair taking advantage of the massive work already undertaken by Bob on the MCFC anarchy (whose final stride just ended on last September) Pep will succeed. that's almost granted, imho.

On the other hand, while appreciating/agreeing on the logic of Ted on the Academy being the main focus of the Club and most probably the only real argument of thoughtful consideration, I think the same is quite inconclusive as well.
On contemporary industrial football the idea itself of the manager of a World Dominant Club caring of the Academy is not more than a romantic myth, a part for a very general guideline on the pattern of developments (Style and Type of Players to be chased and developed). I consider that Ted's assessment of the chances of Bob success at Barca and Pep at City may be fairly reversed on this point: Mancini might be a successful Academy Developer as well as Pep might be a successful manager at City.

On such assumption and taking for granted the obvious point made by Ted on the impossibility to hire a F1 driver for a Limousine Service (i.e. either Bob, and Pep, when officially reinstated into the joy of challenging, deserve a managerial position) I'd guess that, all considered, my ideal option would be to try and tempt the man who designed and established the work later developed by Pep - Frank Rijkaard - for the Academy job and keeping the faith on Mancini's helm for the next 17 years.

But tbf, my last opinion should require an upgrading of the Mancini-licker alert to DefCon3, probably... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum