Pep Guardiola

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardiola

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:pep = messi

If that were true that would be tempting.*

*Subjunctive, doh!
Last edited by Peter Doherty (AGAIG) on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Scatman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:32 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

If that was true that would be tempting.

It must get a bit boring keep winning the ballon d'or and scoring a million goals a season. He needs a new challenge. We could loan him out to Oldham
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I've not seen any quotes or anything other than media specualtion to suggest that our owners want Guardiola.

Me neither though if they came out and said they fully backed Mancini then the press would be spouting that mancini must be on his way. We will continue to get this shit off the press so might as well get used to it.

I believe the board will be more than happy with how the project is going.

Absolutely this above.

Every rag licking journo and rag loving media empire was fully expecting and wanting City to slip up at the emirates last sunday .......

the rag loving media propaganda is in full swing YET again ....... lucky for us bobby manc guided us through last seasons media rag luv in propaganda war , he knows the score , our owners know the score , and so do the Man City players .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Ermmm.... John, what You said about Italians seeking for the sand in desert?....

[Incidentally, You are aware that I got an higher opinion of Brits than even HRM The Queen can't match............................................. Majority of People are brainless on every latitude: here's a fine evidence, as you like]

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:41 pm

*Subjunctive, doh!

What do they tast like? I like the Meatball Melt.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

*Subjunctive, doh!

What do they tast like? I like the Meatball Melt.

I prefer the Football Melt. It's much like the Meatball Melt, but has more nutrients....
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby ruralblue » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:05 pm

City64 wrote:
Absolutely this above.

Every rag licking journo and rag loving media empire was fully expecting and wanting City to slip up at the emirates last sunday .......

the rag loving media propaganda is in full swing YET again ....... lucky for us bobby manc guided us through last seasons media rag luv in propaganda war , he knows the score , our owners know the score , and so do the Man City players .

Have just read the Ian Wright column in the bath. Again another spouting shit and very poor journalism. In one paragraph he states it would be ludicrous to get rid of mancini and bring Pep in. Then the rest of it is shite about City being the only destination for him in the Prem. Contradictory bollox, there would not be this speculation were it not for idiots like him writing the shit I have just read.

We are not run by clowns but by clever men who have multi million pound businesses and they ain't blind to see what a fuck wit Roman has been at chelsea swapping and changing just cause they dont scoop the lot. They also won't be blind to whats happening just outside of manchester at what happens when you keep faith in a manager.

Also Wright spouts about Pep being able to bring Messi, what we going to sign him with i.o.u.'s. We got to be very tight on the purse strings for a reason.
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:36 pm

ruralblue wrote:
Have just read the Ian Wright column in the bath. Again another spouting shit and very poor journalism. In one paragraph he states it would be ludicrous to get rid of mancini and bring Pep in. Then the rest of it is shite about City being the only destination for him in the Prem. Contradictory bollox, there would not be this speculation were it not for idiots like him writing the shit I have just read.

We are not run by clowns but by clever men who have multi million pound businesses and they ain't blind to see what a fuck wit Roman has been at chelsea swapping and changing just cause they dont scoop the lot. They also won't be blind to whats happening just outside of manchester at what happens when you keep faith in a manager.

Also Wright spouts about Pep being able to bring Messi, what we going to sign him with i.o.u.'s. We got to be very tight on the purse strings for a reason.

Ah, that old chestnut that if you keep a manager they turn out like ferguson?

Come on mate, you know better than that
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ruralblue » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:47 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Ah, that old chestnut that if you keep a manager they turn out like ferguson Come on mate, you know better than that

You know what i meant man. So far the chaps delivered us something we have not had for a long long time. He may just do that again this year too. If he doesnt but we come second then I sti aint going to be screaming for a change. If he fucks everything up big style then I will change my mind. Given time with the young squad we have greater things can be built.
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:54 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
ruralblue wrote:

Ah, that old chestnut that if you keep a manager they turn out like ferguson?

Come on mate, you know better than that

So... lemmi get dis wright....

You've come here, in the last three years, at every piece of shite blown out from a tabloid asshole, taking it for granted and it's rural that can do better? Do I miss something?

For the records: even Jimmy with all his smart sense is [strike]wrong[/strike] ... incomplete:
a) Roberto Mancini had ALREADY overachieved - incomparably - in respect of the first three and half years of Alex Ferguson at the Swamp. Checked
b) there would not be this speculation were it not for idiots WHO SPEND HARD EARNED MONEY TO PURCHASE NAUSEOUS PIECES OF SHITE. freedom of speech, or freedom of shitting?
Make Your check and get a life, Mate: either way, like it or not, the outcome will be the same as for the past three years.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:06 pm

We won't miss him.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Plain Speaking » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Edit: Sorry wrong thread!
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Lee_R » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 pm

How would it be if Pep and Maureen came to England to manage the rags and Chelsea and then next year were out of the CL at the group stages again and still looking unconvincing? Yeah what ifs but its a real possibility, would we be complaining about missing an opportunity then?
I think we should see how Mancini does this year but if we win nothing its time for a change. Playing style and tactics wise I think hes spent.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:16 am

Mancio4ever wrote:

You've come here, in the last three years, at every piece of shite blown out from a tabloid asshole, taking it for granted and it's rural that can do better? Do I miss something?

For the records: even Jimmy with all his smart sense is wrong ... incomplete:
a) Roberto Mancini had ALREADY overachieved - incomparably - in respect of the first three and half years of Alex Ferguson at the Swamp. Checked
b) there would not be this speculation were it not for idiots WHO SPEND HARD EARNED MONEY TO PURCHASE NAUSEOUS PIECES OF SHITE. freedom of speech, or freedom of shitting?
Make Your check and get a life, Mate: either way, like it or not, the outcome will be the same as for the past three years.

Thats a fucking bizarre rant.

Are you sure you're aiming it at the right person. Jim made a very lazy point that continuity of manager will lead to what has happened at old trafford. This is one that has been debated on here many many times over the years, and the argument usually turns round to asking how dominant we would have been had we kept a single one of the 20 odd managers we have had in my lifetime - and the answer is, we wouldn't - because its money in combination with an exceptional manager, which has been the foundation of their success.

As for your points,

A) he took over a good squad and had unlimited money to improve it. Ferguson took over a squad of alcoholics and improved it, and whilst his own spending in that period was unprecedented, in real terms it pales into insignificance behind our complete transformation of a squad, that was already in a cup semi final and in the top reaches of the league when mancini took over. Thats not putting mancini down btw, its stating a fact. If you brought that argument up with an educated rag, you would end up being embarrassed.

B) I have not bought a newspaper in over 10 years. I do not read online news unless someone directs me to an interesting article, of which there are few. I form my opinions on Manchester City football club from the articles the club releases, and my own personal opinion forming process.

I'm all for backing the current manager, and have no real solid belief one way or another whether he should be replaced or not. It wouldn't overly bother me if he was, but I can see the risks in that. But back in the day of Hughes when we had lickers and haters, it was posts like yours that helped polarise the board into factions - by all means back your man, but please don't let your passion for that cause turn into abuse
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ruralblue » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:36 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

Are you sure you're aiming it at the right person. Jim made a very lazy point that continuity of manager will lead to what has happened at old trafford. This is one that has been debated on here many many times over the years, and the argument usually turns round to asking how dominant we would have been had we kept a single one of the 20 odd managers we have had in my lifetime - and the answer is, we wouldn't - because its money in combination with an exceptional manager, which has been the foundation of their success.

As for your points,

A) he took over a good squad and had unlimited money to improve it. Ferguson took over a squad of alcoholics and improved it, and whilst his own spending in that period was unprecedented, in real terms it pales into insignificance behind our complete transformation of a squad, that was already in a cup semi final and in the top reaches of the league when mancini took over. Thats not putting mancini down btw, its stating a fact. If you brought that argument up with an educated rag, you would end up being embarrassed.

B) I have not bought a newspaper in over 10 years. I do not read online news unless someone directs me to an interesting article, of which there are few. I form my opinions on Manchester City football club from the articles the club releases, and my own personal opinion forming process.

I'm all for backing the current manager, and have no real solid belief one way or another whether he should be replaced or not. It wouldn't overly bother me if he was, but I can see the risks in that. But back in the day of Hughes when we had lickers and haters, it was posts like yours that helped polarise the board into factions - by all means back your man, but please don't let your passion for that cause turn into abuse

John, am not saying that it would definately be the case just cause it happened over there. Just believe that while he his on the right track then a bit of longetivity might not be a bad thing. Unless like i said he fucks it all up. Nothing at all would be for sure that Pep could take us further it would be a gamble and one I am not bothered about the club taking.
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:36 am

So, is this Guardinglola bloke any good?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blue wine » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:52 am

Pep won NOTHING last season with possibly the best football team of all time.
And He has no PL experience.

Bobby > Pep
blue wine
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: swp

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:10 am

What's your opinion on the subject Beefy?
Original Dub

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:33 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:

For the records: even Jimmy with all his smart sense is wrong ... incomplete:

This sums it up pretty fairly. I was possibly over-exxcited by some amusement shared with my Lord and eventually by a full day on my shoulders... :-)
Apologies for the very terse reply [and for the perception of abuse, that I brought to Your heart, Sweetie]
The managers debates is an endless and integral part of our entertainement: nothing wrong with it and I think I made it clear that Pep is my second favourite to take over when the sake of City shall demand it.
glad You took it properly.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Hazy2 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:06 am

blue wine wrote:Pep won NOTHING last season with possibly the best football team of all time.
And He has no PL experience.

Bobby > Pep

2nd
Coppa Del Rey.
Fifa World Club Champions.

He had no Experience when he took over Barca, other than 12 months in the B team. Fuck me what could offer us.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum