Pep Guardiola

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardiola

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu May 05, 2016 9:24 am

Something I've been wondering about is where people get the idea that Pep is a disciplinarian? Genuine question, because from what I've read about him seems to say the opposite. Xavi gave an interview where he said that all Pep did for the first week or so was to go around and tell everyone how great they were, clapping them on the shoulder, etc. From reading Zlatan's autobiography, which is of course biased, it seems Pep avoids conflicts and simply shuns players he doesn't fancy anymore. He doesn't seem to use the hair dryer as much as simply avoid speaking to you.

All in all, he seems to combine the positive approach of Wenger and Pellegrini with the tactical approach of Mourinho and Capello (albeit with a different type of tactic than the two). Or have I missed something?
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 05, 2016 9:32 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:Something I've been wondering about is where people get the idea that Pep is a disciplinarian? Genuine question, because from what I've read about him seems to say the opposite. Xavi gave an interview where he said that all Pep did for the first week or so was to go around and tell everyone how great they were, clapping them on the shoulder, etc. From reading Zlatan's autobiography, which is of course biased, it seems Pep avoids conflicts and simply shuns players he doesn't fancy anymore. He doesn't seem to use the hair dryer as much as simply avoid speaking to you.

All in all, he seems to combine the positive approach of Wenger and Pellegrini with the tactical approach of Mourinho and Capello (albeit with a different type of tactic than the two). Or have I missed something?

his shit from all the articles i've read in the past couple of days. we're going to go backwards with him at the helm. get your money on us to go down.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Cocacolajojo » Thu May 05, 2016 9:39 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:Something I've been wondering about is where people get the idea that Pep is a disciplinarian? Genuine question, because from what I've read about him seems to say the opposite. Xavi gave an interview where he said that all Pep did for the first week or so was to go around and tell everyone how great they were, clapping them on the shoulder, etc. From reading Zlatan's autobiography, which is of course biased, it seems Pep avoids conflicts and simply shuns players he doesn't fancy anymore. He doesn't seem to use the hair dryer as much as simply avoid speaking to you.

his shit from all the articles i've read in the past couple of days. we're going to go backwards with him at the helm. get your money on us to go down.

I wasn't dissing him if that's what you're implying. I don't see him as the second coming of christ as a lot on here do but I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do with the team (besides sending them to drama class of course). I just haven't seen anything about him that implies he's a disciplinarian which he is talked about as if he is. So was wondering if I had missed something.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby Hazy2 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:40 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:

Agents know there client is surplus, hence our seasons up and downs. Read Peps book for how he deals with players, he does not lack the balls to tell players it is end for you. Even if you wear the Number 10 shirt at Barca.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 05, 2016 10:02 am

Hazy2 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

Agents know there client is surplus, hence our seasons up and downs. Read Peps book for how he deals with players, he does not lack the balls to tell players it is end for you. Even if you wear the Number 10 shirt at Barca.

First thing he did was get rid of Deco and Ronaldinho. That's a ballsy call.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Hazy2 » Thu May 05, 2016 10:29 am

Wonderwall wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:

First thing he did was get rid of Deco and Ronaldinho. That's a ballsy call.

He watched the team at Barca in the year before from the stands, The changes were his only demand on Berigistan, his team his DNA or get another man. He will have us sorted in his mind, now. Big changes are coming and some fans fav players are leaving, there will be some shocks IMO. I remember Samuel Eto mouthing off when they lost the first game at home, he saw the light and had another glorious few seasons. Sadly Yaya is just not mobile enough for our future.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby sheblue » Thu May 05, 2016 11:14 am

Believe he will get more from this current squad (with a few additions) next season, not saying he's going to work miracles or anything but there is a lot more in most of those players.
Things are not a bad as many would like them to be.
Pep has also made some strange decisions in the past, he is not without his flaws, but he is a massive improvement on what we have.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Fri May 06, 2016 4:31 am

sheblue wrote:Believe he will get more from this current squad (with a few additions) next season, not saying he's going to work miracles or anything but there is a lot more in most of those players.
Pep has also made some strange decisions in the past, he is not without his flaws, but he is a massive improvement on what we have.

I agree with this, although I would mention that everyone at the club knew Pellegrini was going eighteen months to two years ago. Before that, when he was considered the manager proper rather than just keeping the seat warm for someone else, he was excellent and so were the team.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby dave watson's perm » Fri May 06, 2016 10:14 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:Believe he will get more from this current squad (with a few additions) next season, not saying he's going to work miracles or anything but there is a lot more in most of those players.

I agree with this, although I would mention that everyone at the club knew Pellegrini was going eighteen months to two years ago. Before that, when he was considered the manager proper rather than just keeping the seat warm for someone else, he was excellent and so were the team.

In my view that has been a major factor. We have had a dead man walking as a manager since he signed his contract. How that can give stability to a club I don't know. All I do know is the pissing around waiting on PG had better be worth it
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Fri May 06, 2016 10:35 am

dave watson's perm wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

In my view that has been a major factor. We have had a dead man walking as a manager since he signed his contract. How that can give stability to a club I don't know. All I do know is the pissing around waiting on PG had better be worth it

He was given a 3 year contract and the club honoured that agreement......whats so fuckign unstable about that ???

I dont see Bayern Fucking munchenhausens house of cards has collapsed...they will win their league and they played unreal football against the shit heads from Atletico the other night..I thinl some of our fans look for an excuse to smooth over the fuckign SHIT SHITE SHIT we have witnessed all season instead of pointing the finger at our manager who has been dire.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Hazy2 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:03 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

He was given a 3 year contract and the club honoured that agreement......whats so fuckign unstable about that ???

I dont see Bayern Fucking munchenhausens house of cards has collapsed...they will win their league and they played unreal football against the shit heads from Atletico the other night..I thinl some of our fans look for an excuse to smooth over the fuckign SHIT SHITE SHIT we have witnessed all season instead of pointing the finger at our manager who has been dire.

Shit season needs to end with a home win happy to waive him goodbye with CL sorted, if not his time here is a messy end.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 06, 2016 11:54 am

Hazy2 wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Tokyo Blue wrote:

Shit season needs to end with a home win happy to waive him goodbye with CL sorted, if not his time here is a messy end.

I think he will be remembered as a decent manager if he secures CL footy, but he will tarnish his reputation if he messes up
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby blues2win » Sat May 07, 2016 3:34 pm

Bayern with their fourth Bundesliga title in a row. First time anyone's done that in the German top League. Three CL semi finals in a row as well isn't it. A bloody good record after his triumphs at Barca.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Sat May 07, 2016 3:43 pm

Pep's predecessor responsible for the first of the four titles actually. Still 20 trophies in 8 years as a manager. Can't wait to be honest.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 07, 2016 3:56 pm

blues2win wrote:Pep's predecessor responsible for the first of the four titles actually. Still 20 trophies in 8 years as a manager. Can't wait to be honest.

With the German cup final to come as well
nottsblue

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat May 07, 2016 7:23 pm

blues2win wrote:Pep's predecessor responsible for the first of the four titles actually. Still 20 trophies in 8 years as a manager. Can't wait to be honest.

I only count 7, as he was on holiday for one.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum