Pep Guardiola

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Pep Guardiola

Postby Crossie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:25 pm

So I'm reading and hearing all over the place that its 100% that Pep Guardiola will be our manager next year.

I have a few problems with that.

1) Mancini has won something with every full season he has been with us, we have constantly improved.

2) Mancini could still win us the league, 2 leagues in 2 seasons, an FA Cup, but he gets sacked?

3) "But The Champions League" I hear you cry, well why the fuck would Pep do better? He has managed one ready made club, the best club in the world, He has much less experience than Mancini, doesn't know the premier league and doesn't have a squad he knows anything about.

4) We FINALLY moved forward in the last 3 years, why fuck all that up and take another 3 years to get to where we are today, only to turn around and wish we'd given Mancini a few more chances.

Bringing in Tixxie Winky or whatever his fucking name was just a sneaky move to tickle Pep's balls.

This season has been more rough because our manager was not properly backed in the summer. He knew our weaknesses,, he was not supported probably with signings that improved us.

I know he fucks up every so often, so does Fergie.

Barcelona played outstanding football because of 10 years of work behind the scenes, not by Guardiola. Guardiola came along and put the cherry ontop.

I would feel our club had turned into an infected cunt if Mancini won the league and we sacked him.

If we finish 3rd or 2nd by miles, then I could see the point in admitting he MIGHT have taken us as far as he can. If we fight until the end and finish a very close 2nd, fair enough, if possible he should then get another season with proper transfer backing in the summer.

If Mancini wins the league and we replace him with Pep, would we become a worldwide laughing stock?
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Re: Pep Guardiola

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Fear not, he's now apparently 100% going to Bayern. By the end of the week he'll be 100% going to Chelsea. The media all over the world are throwing darts until one hits the right area of the board sometime in May.

Fact likely is that as we were utterly pathetic in the CL this season, Mancini likely has to retain the Prem to keep his job IF, and it remains an IF, Giardiola indicates he will take the City job.

Like it or not, thats the situation Mancini finds himself in. Winning the FA Cup may save him, but this squad has under-achieved this season and the benchmarks for whats acceptable at City shifted a good while ago.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blue Stu » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:32 pm

Don't worry Crossie, it's probably the Daily Mail chasing their losses (over Vinnie's red card) - once a gambler always a gambler.
So this is how it feels to be City,
This is what it means to stand tall,
This is how it feels when our club has no debt at all.
Blue Stu
Danny Mills' Wages

My favourite player is: Zabaleta

Postby Chinners » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:33 pm

Sitting 2nd in the league is hardly under achieving is it, granted the CL early exit was a disappointment but not wrist slitting stuff. Pep did very well with Barca over 4 years [strike]and has done miracles with the other clubs he's managed to date[/strike]
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby bobby brows » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:44 pm

I'm not condoning what's allegedly being done and although i'm not a fan of Mancini but think of it from the Barca people's point of view.

They want a manager who takes a very direct line with the club philosophy, they want to be able to integrate the youth setup into the first team long term and so far Mancini has not given youth much of a chance (although to be fair there has not been a real opportunity to do so as we don't have straight forward home wins but 38 cup finals). When I met Marwood he basically said that every time he saw a 16/17 year old he wanted Mancini see play he would reply that a player for 3 years time is no good to him now. So if we sign him and the manager doesn't rate him were bolloxed (well the player is)

Mancini wants to control all aspects of the club, he doesn't particularly want to work with the new men thinking he should have the control himself. If you were the new men and your sub-ordinate behaved like that you'd sack him regardless of what his past achievements were.

I agree that it would be harsh/wrong to sack the manager who wins the league, ask how ever many Real Madrid managers who've suffered the same fate, but its office politics with a long term-ism view, not short term planning like we've previously been guilty of.

Crossie - I think your spot on about Pep taking over a ready made team...plus it must be piss to ring a player and say your the manager of barcelona, sign for me!
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Lee_R » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Sorry mate I stopped reading at 'We have constantly imrpoved'. But I get the jist of it and agree we should probably ride it out.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:52 pm

No way Jose!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby City64 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:56 pm

It never ceases to amaze me this shit surfaces just after a fantastic result and performance by MCFC.

Also the Daily Mail cant even back the right political party ffs never mind football club !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:24 pm

I've not seen any quotes or anything other than media specualtion to suggest that our owners want Guardiola.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:49 pm

...and what could be more destabilising as we reach the run in...than a public debate on who is replacing our current manager.

So Bob reads that and thinks..."WTF why am I bothering?" Who gains from that? We don't!
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:50 pm

if he does become the new manager then i hope that he's staring at the Special One over in Trafford shortly thereafter. That would be highly entertaining i believe.

i have no idea if this bollox is true or it's just a case of 1 + 1 = 3 for folks.

Only time will tell and i'm not too arsed worrying about it.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:53 pm

john68 wrote:...and what could be more destabilising as we reach the run in...than a public debate on who is replacing our current manager.

So Bob reads that and thinks..."WTF why am I bothering?" Who gains from that? We don't!

However, what you are forgetting is that Mancini won't act like a fucking senile old taxi driver would. He's a pro and just got a big fat contract so if they give him the sack he's done enough on the reputation side at City to guarantee fantastic paydays for a decade.

Jesus Christ...do you fucking accidentally-on-purpose take the fucking long way around to drop off a customer when they annoy you? Wait, don't answer that.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Scatman » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:53 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I've not seen any quotes or anything other than media specualtion to suggest that our owners want Guardiola.

You obviously didn't see them sat drinking pink champagne together at the golden globes the other night then
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:54 pm

john68 wrote:...and what could be more destabilising as we reach the run in...than a public debate on who is replacing our current manager.

In a way I think that it does help us. They start the agenda early and have many times wrote about our lack of team spirit and dressing room spats. I feel these are far from the truth and that Mancini has the full respect of the dressing room. The negative stories only lead them to be a closer group who will fight for themselves, the group and the manager.

It worked last year anyway.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:55 pm

Scatman wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:I've not seen any quotes or anything other than media specualtion to suggest that our owners want Guardiola.

You obviously didn't see them sat drinking pink champagne together at the golden globes the other night then

Bugger. Busted!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby AG7 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:58 pm

We still are in FA Cup and League's not all that gone yet ... so a double is possible still, forget a double even if Mancini wins the League alone (which'll make it two years in a row in just his 3.5 years) or even the FA Cup (again, his 4th trophy in 3.5 years), he's going nowhere ...

The only way he gets changed is 1- if he wins fuck all this year, 2- he gets lured to Italy for the national team or another major club in Europe comes for him ... and 3- if baconface retires after winning their 20th this season and they appoint Jose to replace him over there ... then yes, our owners might consider Pep.

Another dynamic not yet visible is how he is going with Soriano/Trixi duo. We know he formed a great relationship with Khaldoon early on and that has been great so far. But we don't know what's going on now with the two new guys? They could very well have their own plans in which he may or may not fit, who knows ...
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:02 pm

pep = messi
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:06 pm

AG7 wrote:We still are in FA Cup and League's not all that gone yet ... so a double is possible still, forget a double even if Mancini wins the League alone (which'll make it two years in a row in just his 3.5 years) or even the FA Cup (again, his 4th trophy in 3.5 years), he's going nowhere ...

The only way he gets changed is 1- if he wins fuck all this year, 2- he gets lured to Italy for the national team or another major club in Europe comes for him ... and 3- if baconface retires after winning their 20th this season and they appoint Jose to replace him over there ... then yes, our owners might consider Pep.

Another dynamic not yet visible is how he is going with Soriano/Trixi duo. We know he formed a great relationship with Khaldoon early on and that has been great so far. But we don't know what's going on now with the two new guys? They could very well have their own plans in which he may or may not fit, who knows ...

Let's not forget that our new guys were brought in by our old guys. The owners do still have a say in what goes on.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:16 pm

The same Bob who was enjoying the Monaco sun ?
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ruralblue » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:25 pm

Me neither though if they came out and said they fully backed Mancini then the press would be spouting that mancini must be on his way. We will continue to get this shit off the press so might as well get used to it.

I believe the board will be more than happy with how the project is going.
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum