Pep Guardiola

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Pep Guardiola

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:14 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
phips wrote:This is surprising after he spent the week saying he wants to be a Premier League manager. But someone in here put it right, this deal surely lines him up to be the next ManU manager.

Sucks for Jupp. He didn't do too badly last season and they're flying right now...

Jupp said he wasn't stopping at Christmas so no slight on his managerial ability - could end up winning the chumps league that'll be something for PG to live up to!

Sadly the press now seem hell bent on saying he's snubbed us & Chelsea - there is no evidence we wanted him, just idle press Chinners' sized bolloxs

And trust me when I say, they were very big Bollox.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:05 pm

According to Honigstein City weren't even an option for Pep:

"There was an element of opportunism in the deal as Guardiola made up his mind that he wanted to make a decision at Christmas. He didn't want to talk to clubs with incumbent managers, and that ruled out Manchester City."

"Chelsea and Bayern were the only firm offers and in the end it came down to non-financial details."

"It is a huge coup for Bayern and German football. Even Bayern's enemies within the German game will admit as much."

"The Bayern move should not be seen as Guardiola shutting the door on a move to England as if he had gone now it would have burned many bridges to other clubs."

Ted Hughes wrote:Fucking mint.

He can't cause us any local shit from there & by the time Bob reaches the end of his contract, we can either negotiate another one or move in on Pep, who has already said he wants to come to England at some point.

Ideal situation.

Maybe he'll end up at the Death Star after his stint with the German Munich scum. Maybe he'll get shot down after 6 months by Hoeness & his gang. Who the fuck knows what will happen & who will be relevant in 3 years time.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby phips » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
phips wrote:This is surprising after he spent the week saying he wants to be a Premier League manager. But someone in here put it right, this deal surely lines him up to be the next ManU manager.

Sucks for Jupp. He didn't do too badly last season and they're flying right now...

Jupp said he wasn't stopping at Christmas so no slight on his managerial ability - could end up winning the chumps league that'll be something for PG to live up to!

Just read that Jupp had told BM that he was retiring after this season which is why they went and got Pep
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Ajardine » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:<null>

I knew he wasn't coming to City when the sun said it was "100%"
Ajardine
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergioooooo

Postby baza's corner » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi guys,
new to this forum any forum really!! Wouldn't say I am a huge city fan, though was pleased you won the PL last year. I rate Martin O'Neil highly as a manager.

I'm huge supporter of all sports real passion Rugby League, love lying on the couch watching any of the Major Golf Tournaments.

Great Topic here Mr Crosse and you have great points on why Mancini should stay, you would get me vote, how ever I don't beleive he's bigger than the club, and wouldn't be to sure he'd make the right calls regarding development of the clubs academy.

Enjoyed your views Mr Bob, you are probably right on what the board will do, took Sir Alex a while to bring consecutive trophies to ...

Cheers

Crossie wrote:So I'm reading and hearing all over the place that its 100% that Pep Guardiola will be our manager next year.

I have a few problems with that.

1) Mancini has won something with every full season he has been with us, we have constantly improved.

2) Mancini could still win us the league, 2 leagues in 2 seasons, an FA Cup, but he gets sacked?

3) "But The Champions League" I hear you cry, well why the fuck would Pep do better? He has managed one ready made club, the best club in the world, He has much less experience than Mancini, doesn't know the premier league and doesn't have a squad he knows anything about.

4) We FINALLY moved forward in the last 3 years, why fuck all that up and take another 3 years to get to where we are today, only to turn around and wish we'd given Mancini a few more chances.

Bringing in Tixxie Winky or whatever his fucking name was just a sneaky move to tickle Pep's balls.

This season has been more rough because our manager was not properly backed in the summer. He knew our weaknesses,, he was not supported probably with signings that improved us.

I know he fucks up every so often, so does Fergie.

Barcelona played outstanding football because of 10 years of work behind the scenes, not by Guardiola. Guardiola came along and put the cherry ontop.

I would feel our club had turned into an infected cunt if Mancini won the league and we sacked him.

If we finish 3rd or 2nd by miles, then I could see the point in admitting he MIGHT have taken us as far as he can. If we fight until the end and finish a very close 2nd, fair enough, if possible he should then get another season with proper transfer backing in the summer.

If Mancini wins the league and we replace him with Pep, would we become a worldwide laughing stock?
baza's corner
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: support the game
My favourite player is: Gareth Bale

Postby zuricity » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:45 pm

FA cup winners 2006 wrote:Gutted. Really wanted this to happen. Never taken to Mancini. Bad tactician, bad man manager, hot head. Never happy with squad he has and always wants to go out spending more. He sometimes seems completely lost in matches and can't make the right changes to change the game.

You are trying to be funny , right ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby City64 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:54 pm

Just to underline the complete bile our press relentlessly spew out .......

SSN this evening reported that Bayern completed the deal with Guardiola on 20th december 2012.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:47 pm

City64 wrote:Just to underline the complete bile our press relentlessly spew out .......

SSN this evening reported that Bayern completed the deal with Guardiola on 20th december 2012.

Who'd've thunk that.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:54 pm

Really not looking forward to collating the SNUB COUNT later on ...its going to take me fuclin ages
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:20 pm

Chinners wrote:Really not looking forward to collating the SNUB COUNT later on ...its going to take me fuclin ages

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:25 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Chinners wrote:Really not looking forward to collating the SNUB COUNT later on ...its going to take me fuclin ages

Ha ha ha ... 328 ... 329 ....
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby paul_oresteia » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:07 am

johnny crossan wrote:

That Sun article is priceless. Awesome piece of journalism. A+
paul_oresteia
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: Adam Johnson

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:00 am

johnny crossan wrote:

One thing is for granted, although still to get though some fans: there's only one thing that matters to those wankers more than hyping the Scums, and that's is undermining MCFC.

and I fell for Chinners on the snub count... ;-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:27 am

paul_oresteia wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

That Sun article is priceless. Awesome piece of journalism. A+

Manchester City, Pep and Bayern should all sue The Sun, if anything it would cause them grief of having to deal with a lawsuit. Maybe they'd be a little more reluctant to posting absolute Chinners whenever they need to fill column inches.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:14 am

Slim wrote:
Manchester City, Pep and Bayern should all sue The Sun, if anything it would cause them grief of having to deal with a lawsuit. Maybe they'd be a little more reluctant to posting absolute Chinners whenever they need to fill column inches.

Can you sue someone for reporting what you believe is fact? No one is misquoted as far as we know, just the Sun reporting about some bloke in Spain who said he was definitely going to City.
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:20 am

Will be off the scale Chinners.

On Pep, I can see why he chose Bayern as the Bundesliga is winnable championship for them given all the cards are perennialy stacked in Bayerns favour - the spanish rags is a good description of them - and whenever a good player emerges at another Bundesliga team, he always seems to be sold to Bayern, as though its their right to cream off everyone's best players.

Will be interesting to see how Pep does there, particularly in europe as the suspicion remains that my nan could manage that Barca team. We will see.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:24 am

We need to win the league this season, taht will pile pressure on the rags and Rednose to make a change, Pep gone, they will be in a flap just Like Chelsea are. The Special one at ragsville is now a poss.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:05 am

Dunnylad wrote:
Slim wrote:

Can you sue someone for reporting what you believe is fact? No one is misquoted as far as we know, just the Sun reporting about some bloke in Spain who said he was definitely going to City.

I don't believe for one second there was any "bloke" in Spain.

And they reported something that just was not true, this is a newspaper and as has been alluded to, with instant media these days, they resort to making things up instead of reporting the facts, which is the standard they should be adhering to.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:08 am

Slim wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:
Slim wrote:

And they reported something that just was not true, this is a newspaper and as has been alluded to, with instant media these days, they resort to making things up instead of reporting the facts, which is the standard they should be adhering to.

Slim - are you suggesting The Sun were simply shit stirring and just making things up as they go along? Surely not. Next thing you know we will find out they are tappimg into peoples phone messages illegally.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:09 am

Goaters 103 wrote:
Slim wrote:
Dunnylad wrote:
Slim wrote:

Slim - are you suggesting The Sun were simply shit stirring and just making things up as they go along? Surely not. Next thing you know we will find out they are tappimg into peoples phone messages illegally.

Oh dear, I was expecting integrity again wasn't I?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum