Kompany's injury

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Kompany's injury

Postby ruralblue » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:15 pm

PHIPS!!!!!!

Please man. Please please just stop searching for year old threads and bringing them back to the top of the page. Albeit only a small thread you've just had me read it all again for it to confuse then realise it's yet another year old thread you have dug up.

Just please start a new one. Enough folks have said but you insist on carrying it on.

If not then please explain why you do it. It fucks folk off and wastes peoples time.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby sheblue » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:11 pm

ruralblue wrote:PHIPS!!!!!!

Please man. Please please just stop searching for year old threads and bringing them back to the top of the page. Albeit only a small thread you've just had me read it all again for it to confuse then realise it's yet another year old thread you have dug up.

Just please start a new one. Enough folks have said but you insist on carrying it on.

If not then please explain why you do it. It fucks folk off and wastes peoples time.

Yea 2011 for fuck sake.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:42 pm

Mase wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
Hazy2 wrote:on the bench as with Sergio ?

Aguero's 100%fit for tomorrow according to Pellegrini.

I actually don't think we've ever seen Aguero 100% fit since he's been here.

Beginning of last season before Besic done him I think he was 100%.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby mr_nool » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:46 pm

Bob, mate. Did you ever happen to spot that orange triangle next to the thread title?

Click on it, and it will take you to the last post you read in the thread. Very handy and Phips proof.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Slim » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:57 pm

mr_nool wrote:

Bob, mate. Did you ever happen to spot that orange triangle next to the thread title?

Click on it, and it will take you to the last post you read in the thread. Very handy and Phips proof.

Or dumb cunts could just make a new thread.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby phips » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:08 am

ruralblue wrote:Just please start a new one. Enough folks have said but you insist on carrying it on.

it makes zero sense to have 15 "Kompany's Injury" threads with one for every time he gets injured or 2 Nicolas Otamendi threads, even though one was before he joined and the second was after he joined; the 2 threads talk about Otamendi so it should all be in 1 thread. if theres already a Kelechi thread but its now on page 10 and he goes and scores the winner at Palace I'm gonna bump the old thread to bring it back to page 1 so people can post new stuff about Kelechi in his thread after the Palace match. all these multiple threads discussing the same topic (even if they're from different months) clutter the place up. im trying to keep things organized. i have OCD. plus, on literally EVERY other forum I've ever been on there are big notes that say SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD and you get chastised for creating a new thread if an old(er) one already exists that covers the subject/question and sometimes your new thread even gets deleted. I've been conditioned. here, however, it seems like people are obsessed with starting new threads for anything and everything for some stupid reason (similar to how people think their post count means anything).

there. that's why.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:19 am

phips wrote:
ruralblue wrote:Just please start a new one. Enough folks have said but you insist on carrying it on.

it makes zero sense to have 15 "Kompany's Injury" threads with one for every time he gets injured or 2 Nicolas Otamendi threads, even though one was before he joined and the second was after he joined; the 2 threads talk about Otamendi so it should all be in 1 thread. if theres already a Kelechi thread but its now on page 10 and he goes and scores the winner at Palace I'm gonna bump the old thread to bring it back to page 1 so people can post new stuff about Kelechi in his thread after the Palace match. all these multiple threads discussing the same topic (even if they're from different months) clutter the place up. im trying to keep things organized. i have OCD. plus, on literally EVERY other forum I've ever been on there are big notes that say SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW THREAD and you get chastised for creating a new thread if an old(er) one already exists that covers the subject/question and sometimes your new thread even gets deleted. I've been conditioned. here, however, it seems like people are obsessed with starting new threads for anything and everything for some stupid reason (similar to how people think their post count means anything).

there. that's why.

we could just have one enormous thread called 'man city'
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:29 am

Nigels Tackle wrote:
phips wrote:

there. that's why.

we could just have one enormous thread called 'man city'

Exactly.

OCD?
Obsessive Cunt Disorder maybe.
Original Dub

Postby ruralblue » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:38 am

phips wrote:

there. that's why.

Thank you for answering i appreciate it.

I get to a degree where you are coming from but the whole rule about multiple threads is more to do with multiple threads on the same topic on one page not bringing back threads that are two years old. For example had we had three or four threads on us signing KDB all on one page then that would cause confusion plus it would create this so called clique people go on about as forum members would be swayed to post in the thread started by someone they get along with. Then no one would have a clue what was going on. Or for another example (and this happens!) On the day of his signing we would have many different people creating the same thread topic, hence why when this happens someone usually merges them all together.

It is not a rule so we can accommodate your OCD. It's making people have to unnecessarily read through content that is a couple of years old and out of date, thus causing fustration and wasting people's time. There is no need to do it and I am sure if we ask Bob or MRM who have set the site up then they won't be bothered about members starting new threads on the same injury that Komps initially had two years ago. If people were wanting to make comparisons of members thoughts on an injury from two years ago then they can use the search function for themselves. Also if say the injury is a repeat in just Kompany got that he's just come back from then I am sure it wouldn't bother folk if you brought a thread from a couple of weeks ago back to life, they'd understand that. But a two year old thread? No.

I am sure I have asked you before about this and I am sure at the time you took it on board and ceased doing it for a while. However you are back to the same old trick and it's going to start getting people's backs up and it will annoy and cause you grief. While I appreciate you are not bothered about this and probably enjoy the attention it's just wasting time and getting on folks tits. OD probably wouldn't give you half the shit you get if you didn't do it either.

Please stop. Maybe you would fit in better on the forum.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tim777 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:43 am

phips wrote:

there. that's why.

I think the issue lies with clicking on a seemingly new thread and reading it from the beginning (which just about everyone does) and finding that the comments do not make sense, only to realise that it is because it's a completely different event from a different season - which is the case with this thread.

Most folk do not look at the year that the thread originated and assume it's a new one.

However, if the thread title is something like "will Jesus Navas ever score again" or "what does Yaya actually do", then folk will not blindly start reading at the beginning of it.

Therein lies the guideline when starting a new thread:

An instantly recognisable thread, or thread with an ongoing issue [use same thread]
vs
A thread with a different event / from a different year [create new thread]

The art of writing is mastered by perceiving how the reader would receive it.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby ruralblue » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:10 am

There you go Phips. Take a look at the front page of the forum now.

That isn't aimed at me more of a point towards what your up to.

Bob / DantheinvisibleMan / KK, please step up and set this straight as it'd fucking folks off. Tell him either it's fine and okay or that it needs to stop.

PLEASE
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Jimbo he's a fucking troll. If it's not this, he'll just concentrate on the anti city wind ups. And they're far worse imo
Original Dub

Postby phips » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:58 pm

ruralblue wrote:There you go Phips. Take a look at the front page of the forum now

not in the least bit my fault. just more examples of people on here being horrible human beings.
Last edited by phips on Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:23 pm

phips wrote:
ruralblue wrote:There you go Phips. Take a look at the front page of the forum now

not in the least bit my fault. just more examples of being on here being horrible human beings.

To ne honest on this one I'm on phips' side and can't see how this has become an issue
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby bigblue » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:28 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
phips wrote:

not in the least bit my fault. just more examples of being on here being horrible human beings.

To ne honest on this one I'm on phips' side and can't see how this has become an issue

because he's a dortmund cunt
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:33 pm

phips wrote:

You're a presumptuous fuckwit. Has anybody asked you to turn this forum into dortmundfans.net? If you like mega threads so much, fuck off to Bluemoon.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby phips » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:35 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
phips wrote:

You're a presumptuous fuckwit. Has anybody asked you to turn this forum into dortmundfans.net? If you like mega threads so much, fuck off to Bluemoon.

your compassion is astounding. just another example of the wonderful group of people on here

phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby clippo22 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:38 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
phips wrote:

Yeah I agree too. Why have loads of threads about the same injury or topic?

Also it's quite nice to read posts from 3 or 4 years ago and gauge people's perceptions and views and see how they have changed now.

I don't think it's difficult to look in the top corner and see when the post was made.
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:39 pm

phips wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:
phips wrote:

your compassion is astounding. just another example of the wonderful group of people on here

Genuine question, if we are so unpleasant and quite clearly you are not wanted, then why are you still here?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:52 pm

clippo22 wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:
phips wrote:

Yeah I agree too. Why have loads of threads about the same injury or topic?

Also it's quite nice to read posts from 3 or 4 years ago and gauge people's perceptions and views and see how they have changed now.

I don't think it's difficult to look in the top corner and see when the post was made.

My thoughts exactly
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum