*** Official West Ham v City Match Thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official West Ham v City Match Thread ***

Postby Moonchesteri » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Green & Blue wrote:Seriously we are gone to fuck.how we are 3rd amazes me.They dont even look like a team.My weekend is fucked now.Yes I am a drama queen.

same here lad. I'm gonna get wasted now.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby sheblue » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:30 pm

no signs of any improvement what so ever, very worrying.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:31 pm

Imo, Balotelli was our best attacking threat by a country mile.

Why the fuck we took him off is an absoloute mystery to me.

I thought Vinny, Nastasic & Clichy were great today, except Nasti switched off twice once for Nolan's goal & once for what should have been a goal from Carroll. I'm glad he got away with it because that performance must have done him the world of good.

Most of the team played pretty well, but it's that 'going through the motions' comfortable draw kind of performance that we've seen from Arsenal & Chelsea so many times in the past as the rags cruise to another title. West Ham were shite today & we've handed another 2 points to the rags; they will win there.

Nothing so bad about City today but right now our title is slipping away. The rags are getting better results than us against the same teams so far & it has to change pretty soon or it will count at the end.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Jon London » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:31 pm

What's happened to Ya Ya. I thought OK Garcia is on and Ya Ya to be pushed forward and nothing of the sort.

Our corners today were utter C**p! I don't think Tevez delivered anything to a City player.

Best chance fell to Barry who for me was MOTD but stabbed it past the post when he should have scored.

Now we have 5 tough games and dare I say it will define our season.
Jon London
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:
same here lad. I'm gonna get wasted now.

Damn right
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:33 pm

shawzy wrote:Just an off day around the box..We played alright just lacked the cutting edge, a good point against a very resilient Hammers side...Its early days no need to bitch about it.

Sorry mate, you are wrong. That is what it is like every week. Swansea last week was down to a worldy from tevez, other than that, the possession etc and general aimless play around the box was identical
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby simon12 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:34 pm

Gob smacked that anyone thought we were shite today. We did everything but score. Do not know how long we will have to put up with edin and mario starting as that worries me that bobby cannot see that we are only half a team when they start.

I know emotions/stella run high but shite today? come on. The problem is the starting 11, which will get bobby the bullet if he doesn`t act quickly.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:37 pm

simon12 wrote:Gob smacked that anyone thought we were shite today. We did everything but score. Do not know how long we will have to put up with edin and mario starting as that worries me that bobby cannot see that we are only half a team when they start.

I know emotions/stella run high but shite today? come on. The problem is the starting 11, which will get bobby the bullet if he doesn`t act quickly.

No we didn't, we didn't make the fucking goalkeeper male a save

100% possession and 100 shots counts for fuck all if you don't trouble the goalkeeper - identical to last week, without a world class strike out of nowhere from tevez, that would be two appallingly bad draws because of a pedestrian approach
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:39 pm

Some dickheads on this thread , really , get a grip! It's always going to be this way . Teams are going to pack their box.Cor Blimey ! ( did you like the cockney ?) .West Ham were at home ! stop moaning this team are the best in the league and it will show come March
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:42 pm

zuricity wrote:Some dickheads on this thread , really , get a grip! It's always going to be this way . Teams are going to pack their box.Cor Blimey ! ( did you like the cockney ?) .West Ham were at home ! stop moaning this team are the best in the league and it will show come March

Lots of fantastic positions today, barely a decent chance created. That's not title form, it's a top 3 performance by a class side, but not a title winning one. Need to improve quickly.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby gillie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:43 pm

I'm not convinced that half of our team are interested in retaining the title as they seem pretty happy to just go through the motions.I would say this draw may come back and bite us on the arse come May West Ham were there for the taking tonight and we let them off the hook.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby sheblue » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:46 pm

mancini just said we played well. We had lots of posession but that doesnt equate to playing well. We did not play well.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby simon12 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:48 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
simon12 wrote:Gob smacked that anyone thought we were shite today. We did everything but score. Do not know how long we will have to put up with edin and mario starting as that worries me that bobby cannot see that we are only half a team when they start.

No we didn't, we didn't make the fucking goalkeeper male a save

100% possession and 100 shots counts for fuck all if you don't trouble the goalkeeper - identical to last week, without a world class strike out of nowhere from tevez, that would be two appallingly bad draws because of a pedestrian approach

The problem is that today we had good possession and did nothing with it due to who we started with upfront. The spam fans cheering at the end acting like they won didn`t think we were shit yet some on here do...funny don`t you think. Not saying I didn`t expect a result cos I most certainly did (sorry walami) but with a very big claret and blue bus, small, fast, low centre of gravity players were needed and he got it wrong....again. That`s what is worrying pal.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Duckman » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:54 pm

phips wrote:"Go on Scott, you've got 3 mins. win it for us"

what a joke

I actually thought Nasti played really well today. he did make 1 mistake on Nolan's wrongfully disallowed goal but everyone makes mistakes. Nasri too was good today...definitely one of his better performances, as few and far between as those are.

me thinks Nolan was offside. whatever.

loads of possession, not enough real chances. I had a bad feeling bout this one, so a point is ok with me.
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Lots of fantastic positions today, barely a decent chance created. That's not title form, it's a top 3 performance by a class side, but not a title winning one. Need to improve quickly.

we created a lot of chances, they were just that , chances.Barry should have scored , no excuse but he handled the ball and got away with it .Mario needs to use his head rather than bringing his foot up shoulder high.

Whu closed us down well , fair play to them , but City are the masters of their own destiny and i am quite convinced that this team will maximise the points against the Rags and Chelski
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:00 pm

I thought it quite strange to be playing Tevez, Mario and Dzeko in the same team and it proved to be right. You need players who will feed them in rather than those who are going to be naturally greedy and it turned out that they turned out neither.

To many stoppages when they weren't needed, for me. Webb seemed to want to hamper the game rather than let it flow. However, West Ham are doing well and a point at the Boleyn is not bad, even though we dominated the play.

Overall, not great but nothing too disastrous today. Some may feel we dropped behind the race but for me it feels like we put ourselves right in it; similar to last season.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby s1ty m » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:02 pm

City played well, eh? No. They didn't. There are issues that are crippling us and none of us know what they are. We are a million miles away from last season and if you want to kid yourself otherwise, that's your prerogative. Go ahead.
s1ty m

Postby Green & Blue » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:03 pm

gillie wrote:I'm not convinced that half of our team are interested in retaining the title as they seem pretty happy to just go through the motions.I would say this draw may come back and bite us on the arse come May West Ham were there for the taking tonight and we let them off the hook.

Well said mate.
Green & Blue

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I thought it quite strange to be playing Tevez, Mario and Dzeko in the same team and it proved to be right. You need players who will feed them in rather than those who are going to be naturally greedy and it turned out that they turned out neither.

To many stoppages when they weren't needed, for me. Webb seemed to want to hamper the game rather than let it flow. However, West Ham are doing well and a point at the Boleyn is not bad, even though we dominated the play.

Overall, not great but nothing too disastrous today. Some may feel we dropped behind the race but for me it feels like we put ourselves right in it; similar to last season.

the players tried today. things will come good soon. trust me.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:06 pm

s1ty m wrote:City played well, eh? No. They didn't. There are issues that are crippling us and none of us know what they are. We are a million miles away from last season and if you want to kid yourself otherwise, that's your prerogative. Go ahead.

I think the opposite. We did play well but couldn't put it in the net. We've not played too well all season yet today you believe we should go out and beat West Ham away from home.

Not great, just a decent showing.

PS. Anybody watch this game on ESPN? They really don't like us, do they?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum