*** Official West Ham v City Match Thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official West Ham v City Match Thread ***

Postby Duckman » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:03 am

What is this shit with everyone saying Nolan was onside?!?

His shoulder is closer to the goal than džekos body. Can he score a valid goal with his shoulder - yes he can, so its fucking offside!
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby MR IMAINEROAD » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:19 am

Blue_Manc wrote:We are a quarter way through the season and we still haven't hit top form. I wonder if it is ever going to come. At least we are only 3 points off the top. Hopefully, Silva's return will change things up

Scum 24
CH3 23
city 22

Who wasn't paying attention in maths class??!! :)
MR IMAINEROAD
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:56 am

The problem we have is that the rags have picked up points v teams against whom we have dropped points. It is only to be expected that both City & the rags will slip up at certain stages of the season but both being amongst the top sides, it will only happen infrequently.

The rags won at Anfield & Stamford Bridge but lost at Everton. They are two points ahead though & that game is gone. If we lose at Chelsea, 5 points behind, if we lose at Goodison, 8 points behind. Bob will ensure we lose at Arsenal, 11 points behind. It is always possible to lose a derby, especially with refs.

If we are to win the title, we have already put ourselves in the position where either the rags have to fuck up, or we will have to produce some big away performances.

As it stands, they have a decent advantage already, much more than the points suggest, & we have to get it back.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 am

MR IMAINEROAD wrote:
Blue_Manc wrote:We are a quarter way through the season and we still haven't hit top form. I wonder if it is ever going to come. At least we are only 3 points off the top. Hopefully, Silva's return will change things up

Scum 24
CH3 23
city 22

Who wasn't paying attention in maths class??!! :)

although 2 points isn't enough to get us top, so neh
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:35 am

Ted Hughes wrote:The problem we have is that the rags have picked up points v teams against whom we have dropped points. It is only to be expected that both City & the rags will slip up at certain stages of the season but both being amongst the top sides, it will only happen infrequently.

The rags won at Anfield & Stamford Bridge but lost at Everton. They are two points ahead though & that game is gone. If we lose at Chelsea, 5 points behind, if we lose at Goodison, 8 points behind. Bob will ensure we lose at Arsenal, 11 points behind. It is always possible to lose a derby, especially with refs.

If we are to win the title, we have already put ourselves in the position where either the rags have to fuck up, or we will have to produce some big away performances.

As it stands, they have a decent advantage already, much more than the points suggest, & we have to get it back.

The rags lost at home to spuds. We win at the weekend and that should redress the balance a little.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:49 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:The problem we have is that the rags have picked up points v teams against whom we have dropped points. It is only to be expected that both City & the rags will slip up at certain stages of the season but both being amongst the top sides, it will only happen infrequently.

The rags lost at home to spuds. We win at the weekend and that should redress the balance a little.

True but we will still need some big away victories unless they fuck up a couple more times v average teams.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

True but we will still need some big away victories unless they fuck up a couple more times v average teams.

We need to start with a massive statement at home to Spurs, As the rags may on the start of a 15 point haul.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:34 am

Hazy2 wrote:We need to start with a massive statement at home to Spurs, As the rags may on the start of a 15 point haul.

It sounds like you've given up already.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:40 pm

Dameerto wrote:Looks offside to me, what's to debate?

Doesnt the rule state any part of the body you can (legally) score with?
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Dameerto » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:17 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Dameerto wrote:Looks offside to me, what's to debate?

Doesnt the rule state any part of the body you can (legally) score with?

You mean like the shoulder that Mario scored with?
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:49 am

If we're going to do this, let's do it properly.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum