*** Official West Ham v City Match Thread ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official West Ham v City Match Thread ***

Postby s1ty m » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I think the opposite. We did play well but couldn't put it in the net. We've not played too well all season yet today you believe we should go out and beat West Ham away from home.

Not great, just a decent showing.

PS. Anybody watch this game on ESPN? They really don't like us, do they?

No, they hate us. Beating west ham, on the evidence we've all seen, is what the shite will do. We should be beating them, plain and simple. It's not a good point, they were crap .
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Buffalo Soldier » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:17 pm

s1ty m wrote:Dzeko had a game that ranks amongst the worst I can recall from a City striker. He was beyond pathetic. The lad may be great in the box, but he can't play fucking football.

Well you can't have been watching us long. There are some spoilt moaning drama queens in this thread.

The build up play and energy was 10 x better than against Swansea and bar a few efforts in the first 20 mins it was one of the most solid defensive displays of the season. The only thing letting us down was the final pass/shot which happens some days, the important thing was we didn't concede.

4 of our last five performances (Fulham, west brom, Sunderland and this) have been very good displays.

3 clean sheets in four, four wins from the last five, unbeaten in the league after 10 and 2 off the top all without hitting top form and people are still talking like we're struggling. Baffles me.

There's no doubt we're missing silva as well. Even though his form hasn't been great the last few months (bar the 2 games before his injury when he looked back to his best) there's no doubting that the opposition concentrate on nullifying him with 2 or 3 players so even if he isn't at it he creates space which our attackers would have exploited today.

We'll hit our straps soon, we just need a big performance to get us going which will hopefully come midweek and against spurs.
Buffalo Soldier
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Dunnylad » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:24 pm

We might actually need to face a few teams who fancy a game against us, rather than frustrating us with the bus - possibly some decent results against Spuds et al and our mojo might return and we start turning over teams again - Collymore suggested Chumps League has hit us in terms of confidence as we still aren't ready for the challenge
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:49 pm

We need Silva back and Aguero in the starting line-up.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Grandad Rosler » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:56 pm

Buffalo Soldier wrote:
Well you can't have been watching us long. There are some spoilt moaning drama queens in this thread.

The build up play and energy was 10 x better than against Swansea and bar a few efforts in the first 20 mins it was one of the most solid defensive displays of the season. The only thing letting us down was the final pass/shot which happens some days, the important thing was we didn't concede.

4 of our last five performances (Fulham, west brom, Sunderland and this) have been very good displays.

3 clean sheets in four, four wins from the last five, unbeaten in the league after 10 and 2 off the top all without hitting top form and people are still talking like we're struggling. Baffles me.

There's no doubt we're missing silva as well. Even though his form hasn't been great the last few months (bar the 2 games before his injury when he looked back to his best) there's no doubting that the opposition concentrate on nullifying him with 2 or 3 players so even if he isn't at it he creates space which our attackers would have exploited today.

We'll hit our straps soon, we just need a big performance to get us going which will hopefully come midweek and against spurs.

This
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby City64 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:We need Silva back and Aguero in the starting line-up.

Agreed !

Two world class players who,s season so far has been hit by injury which has disrupted our style of play . Still 22 pts from 10 games is an excellent return from a miss firing unit ..... 2 clean sheets on the bounce aswell . Cant see us exploding into top form until Silva and Aguero are in full flight though ? Milner not playing was a blow tonight aswell .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby zuricity » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:15 pm

Dunnylad wrote:We might actually need to face a few teams who fancy a game against us, rather than frustrating us with the bus - possibly some decent results against Spuds et al and our mojo might return and we start turning over teams again - Collymore suggested Chumps League has hit us in terms of confidence as we still aren't ready for the challenge

wtf does Collymore know . He is a Cwot.
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
zuricity wrote:Some dickheads on this thread , really , get a grip! It's always going to be this way . Teams are going to pack their box.Cor Blimey ! ( did you like the cockney ?) .West Ham were at home ! stop moaning this team are the best in the league and it will show come March

Lots of fantastic positions today, barely a decent chance created. That's not title form, it's a top 3 performance by a class side, but not a title winning one. Need to improve quickly.

While I fully understand, respect and almost share Your emotional flow on wasting chances and witnessing the rags making the rags (i.e. capitalizing 100 pct on lesser opponents, clinically, ruthlessly), something that, sadly and yet again, is still the main unfulfilled bit of our leaning curve, I'd refer You to remarks by Zurich.
As You can and had taught me several times, the Dzeko/Mario and Barry's glorious chances would have despatched home by the Traffordians Freaks. While we keep needing to create 10+ glorious chances to get away with full marks. Sometimes it's just not possible, moreso in CL and it's someting that our front line, made of absolute top players and a couple of world beaters, needs to learn.

Tracking back to the last month, today I saw far more positives than not, particularly when I recall the chilled feeling I felt when I was hit by the news of Milner's injury and Kolo starting, plus Wizard out, no midfield and RB replacements, etc.
As posted along the game, little impression from Bob's completely wrong subs, by withdrawing the two players who most worked hard and almost successfully to link up midfield and attack. But once said that, for truth's sake, even with Bob's mistake if our attackers had made their hard, difficult, extremely well paid job, according to their skill, class and reputation we will be top of the table now and Your emotional flow would have lead You to different considerations.

Overall I am more glad than disappointed:
we have ground to expect that our tight defense is on way back to its best.
the attitude and work rate has been massively improved, with all the subtle meanings which this may answer.
and on the above consideration, being MCFC the best English side by country miles, quality wise, we are aware that we start the season with a six pointer advantage on the Filth, those that we are gonna cash out the derbies.

The Title ain't slipping anywhere, not by now anyway, even if You have all the reasons to be disappointed when comparing the Rags effectiveness with Ours.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby dazby » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:09 am

s1ty m wrote:
No, they hate us. Beating west ham, on the evidence we've all seen, is what the shite will do. We should be beating them, plain and simple. It's not a good point, they were crap .

Wow. What a downer. Dzeko's worst game is better than anything Samaras could have done.

I thought we showed signs that things were beginning to come together. Nasri showed great energy and enthusiasm at the defensive and middle thirds of the pitch. I would like to see us isolate a defender and take them on more often. Just need to get on a clinical finishing run. Maybe Ajax will spark it...
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:30 am

Two cracking home fixtures on the bounce to look forward to now ...... Ajax & Spurs , it doesnt get much better than this does it ?

Maybe this is where City hit the ground running.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby s1ty m » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:52 am

Buffalo Soldier wrote:
s1ty m wrote:Dzeko had a game that ranks amongst the worst I can recall from a City striker. He was beyond pathetic. The lad may be great in the box, but he can't play fucking football.

Been watching for a very long time and I stand by my criticism of Dzeko in this match, he was David Cross at his absolute worst. Dzeko can whine and moan about not being selected, but when he starts games, his performances are mainly shit. This one, though, was shitter than shit.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby zuricity » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:52 am

City64 wrote:Two cracking home fixtures on the bounce to look forward to now ...... Ajax & Spurs , it doesnt get much better than this does it ?

Maybe this is where City hit the ground running.

Oh i do hope so, especially as i will be able to watch the spurs game from a comfy chair in the legends next weekend !

Edit:

Btw west hams ground is very small, compared to citys at the etihad. Packing thedefence makes defending easier when the pitch iscseven metres narrower, as is the case here. Stretching defenses is difficult on a posage stamp pitch.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby clawbaggio » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:27 am

Dzeko needs to go back to the bench. He has no impact at all when he starts. And he has a touch like Jimmy Saville.
At least he will try a shot from outside the box but usually picks the wrong moment to do it(eg when Noble hurt himself blocking when Dzeko had runners either side).
I know WH had all their players in the last 3rd for the whole of the 2nd half but we try to walk the ball in the net. The keeper barely had a save to make
clawbaggio
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: aguerro

Postby dick dastardley » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:40 am

According to the mail milner had a bust up with mancini because even tho picked to start. He decided that he would not start milner!!!
Milner was man of the match a couple of games ago!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:42 am

dick dastardley wrote:According to the mail

That's as far as I got, I'm afraid, mate.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:45 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
dick dastardley wrote:According to the mail

That's as far as I got, I'm afraid, mate.

hahaha spot on.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby walmai » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:55 am

s1ty m wrote: It's not a good point, they were crap .

Just promoted, scored a perfectly good goal and took a point off the champions.

Respect the Point
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Mase » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:56 am

walmai wrote:

Respect the Point

How do you feel as new Champions of the Prem?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby walmai » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:59 am

Others conquered love, but I ran.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Alex Sapphire » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:06 am

walmai wrote:
s1ty m wrote: It's not a good point, they were crap .

Respect the Point

his hand was definitely offside

Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum