MOTD - Media Bias Against City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MOTD - Media Bias Against City

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:55 pm

Twobob wrote: But is it too much to ask for un-biased commentary and editing? Don't give a fuck if its a rag, scouser or Oldham ex-player as long as they have the brains to be able to give a fair break down of a game and earn their money, and we should demand this quality - we pay for the licence fee that pays these clowns wages. Pro-bias would be bloody sycophantic.

I totally agree. Gary Neville is a top pundit for me. He shows no bias in my opinion and I have even learned to have respect for the ugly bugger. I can't understand why Redknapp and Carragher cannot be as impartial. Fowler was on football focus this morning and claimed our equaliser at home to Sunderland should have been disallowed and said he could not believe there had not been a fuss made about it!!! He never mentioned the stick on penalty Aguero should have had. That's bias, nothing more and nothing less. He is a buck toothed prick, and yes that's probably bias too.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:04 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:I totally agree. Gary Neville is a top pundit for me. He shows no bias in my opinion and I have even learned to have respect for the ugly bugger. I can't understand why Redknapp and Carragher cannot be as impartial. Fowler was on football focus this morning and claimed our equaliser at home to Sunderland should have been disallowed and said he could not believe there had not been a fuss made about it!!! He never mentioned the stick on penalty Aguero should have had. That's bias, nothing more and nothing less. He is a buck toothed prick, and yes that's probably bias too.

Fowlers justification for a disallowed goal was ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:09 pm

zuricity wrote: Fowlers justification for a disallowed goal was ?

In the build up to the goal the ball was flung in towards Edin, who went down as if the defender had hold of him. As Edin went over the ball caught his side and arm and bounced back into the mix before Jojo turned it back inside for Sami to score. He was claiming a deliberate handball but Edin was nt looking at the ball. The point is though, why show this and make no reference to the Aguero incident which could have put us two goals up.
South Stand Balti

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:17 pm

South Stand Balti wrote:In the build up to the goal the ball was flung in towards Edin, who went down as if the defender had hold of him. As Edin went over the ball caught his side and arm and bounced back into the mix before Jojo turned it back inside for Sami to score. He was claiming a deliberate handball but Edin was nt looking at the ball. The point is though, why show this and make no reference to the Aguero incident which could have put us two goals up.

Ok, thanks. Surely the point is wtf has Robbie Fowler got to do with city and why on earth is the dubbel even giving his opinion on city matters ?
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:28 pm

zuricity wrote: Ok, thanks. Surely the point is wtf has Robbie Fowler got to do with city and why on earth is the dubbel even giving his opinion on city matters ?

He was sat in the studio with Savage giving opinions on all the games over the last week. Maybe he had a smoke and a bottle of beer before the show like he did before our game at QPR when he was one of our 'players'
South Stand Balti

Postby Camebro » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:40 pm

Went to see what shite team the dippers have put out tonight and was flicking through the news section on SSN, their is a story for Chelsea, Liverpool, the scum and arsenal top 5 highs and lows of 2014. The champions you ask? Low and behold absolutely nothing. Blatant bias as I have ever seen.
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Current: zabba

Postby ruralblue » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:44 pm

Camebro wrote:Went to see what shite team the dippers have put out tonight and was flicking through the news section on SSN, their is a story for Chelsea, Liverpool, the scum and arsenal top 5 highs and lows of 2014. The champions you ask? Low and behold absolutely nothing. Blatant bias as I have ever seen.

Saw the same earlier, didn't surprise me to be honest. Fucked me off for all of twenty seconds.

Fuck em!
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:45 pm

Went to see what shite team the dippers have put out tonight and was flicking through the news section on SSN, their is a story for Chelsea, Liverpool, the scum and arsenal top 5 highs and lows of 2014. The champions you ask? Low and behold absolutely nothing. Blatant bias as I have ever seen.

Laughable. Not you mate, them.

Also, as BT sports went on about this yesterday, I have a question: Is it quieter at our ground than at other grounds? It certainly doesn't sound like it when watching games on TV but for those of you who actually go to games, is the atmosphere at the Etihad worse than the Emirates for example? As I've heard several commentators mentioning this now, I wonder if this is also part of the bias or if we have a exceptionally poor home support?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Camebro » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:50 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Laughable. Not you mate, them.

Also, as BT sports went on about this yesterday, I have a question: Is it quieter at our ground than at other grounds? It certainly doesn't sound like it when watching games on TV but for those of you who actually go to games, is the atmosphere at the Etihad worse than the Emirates for example? As I've heard several commentators mentioning this now, I wonder if this is also part of the bias or if we have a exceptionally poor home support?

I've been to both games with a good atmosphere and verging on library silence. Wholly dependant on the opposition IMO.
Camebro
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Current: zabba

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:41 am

Sorry mate, I probably wasn't clear enough.

What I meant was that I've heard several commentators say something along the lines that it's quiet in the arena and then go "it's almost as if the fans are expecting to be entertained".

So my question is, are City-fans quieter when City play at home than Arsenal fans when Arsenal play at home, etc? If not, it seems like a very strange dig to make. I mean ok, people might not agree with what City has done transferwise, perhaps not even with foreign owners, but having a go at the fans seems low.

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:31 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Sorry mate, I probably wasn't clear enough.

What I meant was that I've heard several commentators say something along the lines that it's quiet in the arena and then go "it's almost as if the fans are expecting to be entertained".

So my question is, are City-fans quieter when City play at home than Arsenal fans when Arsenal play at home, etc? If not, it seems like a very strange dig to make. I mean ok, people might not agree with what City has done transferwise, perhaps not even with foreign owners, but having a go at the fans seems low.

I would think the only way to get a fair assessment would be to ask away fans of other teams who'd been to both.

I used to have season ticket and moved away after the QPR game so that was my last game for over a couple of years. I then was offered a ticket for the Stoke game at home this season and the whole day was awful. The performance for one, the lack of any sort of an atmosphere, the cringeworthy half time 'entertainment' - I had to leave my seat and go into the corridors it was that embarrassing. Then there's the extortionate food and drink prices. I think the game was about £35 a ticket and to tell you the truth, it didn't come close to justifying it and I don't blame people for wanting to leave early from this 'matchday experience'.
Then to even buy a ticket for such a game you now have to pay a membership fee which umm.. gives you a right to join a queue?

It's so commercial nowadays and it creates crap atmospheres, there's little tradition left.
That more than anything contributes to the atmosphere. It's not the fans' fault.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:43 pm

would think the only way to get a fair assessment would be to ask away fans of other teams who'd been to both.

I used to have season ticket and moved away after the QPR game so that was my last game for over a couple of years. I then was offered a ticket for the Stoke game at home this season and the whole day was awful. The performance for one, the lack of any sort of an atmosphere, the cringeworthy half time 'entertainment' - I had to leave my seat and go into the corridors it was that embarrassing. Then there's the extortionate food and drink prices. I think the game was about £35 a ticket and to tell you the truth, it didn't come close to justifying it and I don't blame people for wanting to leave early from this 'matchday experience'.
Then to even buy a ticket for such a game you now have to pay a membership fee which umm.. gives you a right to join a queue?

It's so commercial nowadays and it creates crap atmospheres, there's little tradition left.
That more than anything contributes to the atmosphere. It's not the fans' fault.

Well yeah, I guess I agree with all of that, but I guess if that's the cause for why our fans are quiet, it must surely be the same elsewhere?

Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:49 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:
would think the only way to get a fair assessment would be to ask away fans of other teams who'd been to both.

Well yeah, I guess I agree with all of that, but I guess if that's the cause for why our fans are quiet, it must surely be the same elsewhere?

I would guess at teams such as Arsenal, Liverpool and even the Rags then yeah. I've only been to OT for derby games so the atmosphere was good (especially because they were winning) then but not been to the others so can't comment.
Bridge'srightfoot

Supporter of: City

Postby City64 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Atmosphere in the ground is a real issue no more so when we have CL game . Always good for the derby or when dippers , Chelski , Arsenal and Spurs are at the Etihad plus the general atmosphere gets cranked up at the business end of the season when we are closing in on the title etc .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Lev Bronstein » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:56 pm

Watched the Pool game on the telly last night. For the first half hour you could have heard a pin drop
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:01 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:Watched the Pool game on the telly last night. For the first half hour you could have heard a pin drop

I was talking to a long standing Scouse season ticket holder just this morning.
"Football is shit nowadays" he opined and went on to list all the same reasons as are being discussed here. Plus apparently before every game they make an announcement aa to what is acceptable language and comment, whilst encouraging people to record seat nos of any transgressors. "It's not surprising there is no atmosphere" and I think it's a fair point.
Not forgetting the price and the fact you can't go along on spec with mates. Especially youngsters.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:13 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Lev Bronstein wrote:Watched the Pool game on the telly last night. For the first half hour you could have heard a pin drop

"Football is shit nowadays" he opined and went on to list all the same reasons as are being discussed here. Plus apparently before every game they make an announcement aa to what is acceptable language and comment, whilst encouraging people to record seat nos of any transgressors. "It's not surprising there is no atmosphere" and I think it's a fair point.
Not forgetting the price and the fact you can't go along on spec with mates. Especially youngsters.

That's what happens when you get these snotty nosed Liberal PC cunts that have sleazed their way into positions high up in the decision making departments of every fucking business enterprise in the fuckign UK.

That's why there's little to no fuckign atmosphere anywhere , that's why the whole set up is fucked.

Christ on a bike..when Im made world president.....................................
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:11 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:

That's what happens when you get these snotty nosed Liberal PC cunts that have sleazed their way into positions high up in the decision making departments of every fucking business enterprise in the fuckign UK.

That's why there's little to no fuckign atmosphere anywhere , that's why the whole set up is fucked.

Christ on a bike..when Im made world president.....................................

Beautifully phrased. Football is about passion and venting your spleen, not some sneaky twat bubbling you for calling Drogba a diving cunt
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby london blue 2 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:05 pm

Thought jovetic goal was the best of the lot, sublime ball and finish yet no mention today.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:13 pm

Just watching the Dippers game and Jones couldn't wait to give that penalty, even though it was obvious it hit his face.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum