MOTD - Media Bias Against City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MOTD

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:55 pm

Picked on Balo? I thought he did some good work and took an absolute beating for his trouble. Was I watching the wrong game?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Slim wrote:Picked on Balo? I thought he did some good work and took an absolute beating for his trouble. Was I watching the wrong game?

Just a different one to everyone else :)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Slim » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Slim wrote:Picked on Balo? I thought he did some good work and took an absolute beating for his trouble. Was I watching the wrong game?

Just a different one to everyone else :)

As long as we still won 3-0, that's okay. And that pink flamingo flying into the ground to stop David Silva's certain goal was one of the more remarkable things I'll ever see in a football match.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues-clues » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:06 pm

BBC tore into him like he was a complete waste of space. He had a frustrating game but not his worst and he seemed to be victim of a few fouls and was limping at times. Seemed to be in the wrong place too often today.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Tony P » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:04 am

Just watched the rerun. Isn't it wonderful that United are doing work in the community. Thanks for the BBC for highlighting this. I wish other clubs would do such.
Tony P
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:36 am

blues-clues wrote:
BBC tore into him like he was a complete waste of space. He had a frustrating game but not his worst and he seemed to be victim of a few fouls and was limping at times. Seemed to be in the wrong place too often today.

Wouldn't mind them picking out his bad bits if they also picked out others - the pass to Tevez that led to the foul and goal or perhaps just one if the numerous 'tackles' on him. Either he dived several times yesterday or was assaulted. Whichever it was, it deserved highlighting. MOTD showed none of them, either in the game or in the special Mario section afterwards.

I'm tempted to pay for Sky just so I don't have to watch them
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 am

The bit on Chelsea as the 'English Barca' basically highlighting them trying to do what we did much better at Fulham & were described as poor.

Then a hatchet job on Mario, to follow last week's on VK. No mention of the sterling performance by several England internationals, even though there are former England internationals who usually spend half their time boring us to death talking about England, hosting the show.

It's a bad state of affairs when you actually get a fairer viewpoint from Gary fucking Neville than on MOTD.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:29 am

It's a bit crap ain't it. Just the point that they'd show England's Champions 5th in the running order of 6, who have had a very good win after some uninspiring displays, says it all really.

We talk about bias in all elements of the game but when the Beeb decide they won't even give us the time of day then you know there is something seriously wrong. And I have no option but to help them do it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Motd2 - lawro is so much easier to watch when he's not sitting next to shearer and Hansen.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:32 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Motd2 - lawro is so much easier to watch when he's not sitting next to shearer and Hansen.

He looks a cunt, or is it just that hair around his mouth?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Superbia » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:33 pm

Fuck me Huth is one dirty bastard I really want to see a ban for the cunt.
Superbia
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Fuck me, Lawro's just said that we have the best referee's whilst saying that they laughed at Saurez' dive. Is that not a yellow for diving you fuckwit?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:14 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Motd2 - lawro is so much easier to watch [strike]when he's not sitting next to shearer and Hansen[/strike].

...when my TV is turned off.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:25 pm

There are some on the matchday thread worrying about what they will say.
So might aswell get it up save anybody the trouble later on tonight.
Rag_hater

Postby john68 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:32 pm

1...We were shit.
2...Jimmy Milner sending off was too lenient...he should have been publicly ceremoniously executed at half time.
3...Twattenberg was well out order allowing the City goals.
4...Taking off Balo was a racist decision and Mancini should be banned and fined.
5...Dzecko deserves better treatment by Mancini and should leave City to continue his career.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:36 pm

john68 wrote:1...We were shit.
2...Jimmy Milner sending off was too lenient...he should have been publicly ceremoniously executed at half time.
4...Taking off Balo was a racist decision and Mancini should be banned and fined.
5...Dzecko deserves better treatment by Mancini and should leave City to continue his career.

See
Haha
Rag_hater

Postby john68 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Rag_hater wrote:

See
Haha

Expect any different?...:-)
john68

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:19 pm

You're out with 4 - no way they'll do anything but crucify Mario. Think the rest is about right though.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:29 pm

It's going to be about Mario's attitude (plus how he should've been off), Mancini's misplaced loyalties and how Brom should've had 3 penalty's.

Then, they'll start having a pop at us.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Chinners » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Who cares, we won. Only City fans can get negative over a win
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart