MOTD - Media Bias Against City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MOTD

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:55 am

Maybe it's a generational thing but to me and probably other older fans, MOTD was usually the ONLY reference point for the days games. Usually it only replayed the highlights of a couple of games and for the rest, we only had the papers' written reports.

I haven't watched MOTD regularly for years, usually working and on the few occasions I do catch it, I watch the pictures and take no notice whatsoever of what the pundits say.

Now, for many we have Sky, there is the internet with its streams and often within a short time, someone on here has posted vids (or whatever they now call them). MOTD is usually hours after the game, so most could have seen highlights well before it goes to air.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Duckman wrote:What are the alternatives to motd? thanx

Find the most clueless Utd, Spurs or Liverpool supporting drunk, non match going, biased twats you can find & ask them their opinions on the day's games.

Or just log on here? ;)
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:58 am

john68 wrote:Now, for many we have Sky, there is the internet with its streams and often within a short time, someone on here has posted vids (or whatever they now call them). MOTD is usually hours after the game, so most could have seen highlights well before it goes to air.

To add to that for those of you that have a decent mobile phone ESPN goals is a free app showing all premier league match highlights 10 -20 minutes after the game.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:14 am

london blue 2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Find the most clueless Utd, Spurs or Liverpool supporting drunk, non match going, biased twats you can find & ask them their opinions on the day's games.

Or just log on here? ;)

Fair, apart from the 'non match going' bit..
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:20 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

Or just log on here? ;)

Fair, apart from the 'non match going' bit..

Thats me Ted :(
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:18 pm

One of the other threads that have been created to dicuss this issue starts with a statement in quotes that the viewing figures for this affront to any match going fan has its viewing figures going up.So the drunkard and the tosspot must be doing something right although proper fans may not think so.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:58 pm

Rag_hater wrote:One of the other threads that have been created to dicuss this issue starts with a statement in quotes that the viewing figures for this affront to any match going fan has its viewing figures going up.So the drunkard and the tosspot must be doing something right although proper fans may not think so.

Please don't confuse quality with quantity. Tabloid versus Broadsheet, Jeremy Kyle versus Horizon. Quantity has little to do with quality.
Stupidity is a growing market.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:21 pm

Rag_hater wrote:One of the other threads that have been created to dicuss this issue starts with a statement in quotes that the viewing figures for this affront to any match going fan has its viewing figures going up.So the drunkard and the tosspot must be doing something right although proper fans may not think so.

For most people its just what they do on a saturday night. Remember when we talk about fans on here, we by the nature of the debate we have, are probably considerably more knowledgable about football and the darker elements to media bias (whether you believe it or not) than most of the other 5m or however many watch the show.

The vast majority of matchgoing fans i speak to, of every club, treat motd as a relic, an antiquity, a curiosity as they all feel the coverage of their own club is insufficient - however it is only city fans i speak to who generally feel vehement against the shite that eminates from the program week after week.

Most people who watch mptd are casual supporters, with no real interest in the game other than a vague loyalty to one club or another, the though that the bbc is biased would never cross their mind - although the fact they wanted to talk about the shirt colour rather than a shocking decision from the ref may well wake a few up
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:26 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:

For most people its just what they do on a saturday night. Remember when we talk about fans on here, we by the nature of the debate we have, are probably considerably more knowledgable about football and the darker elements to media bias (whether you believe it or not) than most of the other 5m or however many watch the show.

The vast majority of matchgoing fans i speak to, of every club, treat motd as a relic, an antiquity, a curiosity as they all feel the coverage of their own club is insufficient - however it is only city fans i speak to who generally feel vehement against the shite that eminates from the program week after week.

Most people who watch mptd are casual supporters, with no real interest in the game other than a vague loyalty to one club or another, the though that the bbc is biased would never cross their mind - although the fact they wanted to talk about the shirt colour rather than a shocking decision from the ref may well wake a few up

Doubt it.

For anyone interested in a discussion about the away shirts?

MOTD 3 on Premier League away kits
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19780609
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:24 am

Tbf, having enquired further into their possession statistics, they are just as bad with all the other games, so it's more a case of being ill informed & useless rather than biased in that particular example.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:14 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Tbf, having enquired further into their possession statistics, they are just as bad with all the other games, so it's more a case of being ill informed & useless rather than biased in that particular example.

They also mentioned how they 'do' match of the day last season in a couple of off the cuff remarks from Hansen - they get an editorial for how the games have been judged plus some highlights to agree with that judgement, which they have to view and comment on and analyse - if the editorial was based on the bogus stats it would explain why they seem to think we were 'barely above poor'.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Chinners » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:27 pm

I like MOTD despite the pundits. It's still one of the best concise round ups of the days games imo
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby john68 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Chinners wrote:I like MOTD despite the pundits. It's still one of the best concise round ups of the days games imo

Considering the time it is shown at night and the attractions at the Poyntz Arms (pre MOTD)....Why does this post not surprise me?
A sobering thought?
john68

Postby Chinners » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:44 pm

Ha ha ... you make a strong case to be fair
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:21 pm

Anyone watching. City still not been on.

Shearer says that Chelsea are the closest team in England to Barca...
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:25 pm

Just watching the Arse game, and it's 'At last' with the commentators when they score! What's all that about? Wenger will have a view though!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:31 pm

london blue 2 wrote:Anyone watching. City still not been on.

Shearer says that Chelsea are the closest team in England to Barca...

Yeah and then you watch the plays he has selected to make that point and you see he is talking absolute shite... 'it is no surprise that Lampard has positioned himself where the ball will come.. blah blah' ball eventually gets a misskick and bobbles to him wtf! what a fuclin joke.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby PaulieIrish » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Typical - focus on Balo = bad. Sunderland will be fine.

Not a word about how good City were.

Red wankers...
PaulieIrish
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby london blue 2 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:46 pm

Shearer really is a bitter cunt.

Ripped straight into mario. Not a mention of the fact that we absolutely hammered Sunderland.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues-clues » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:46 pm

Picked out Balotelli and compared him very unfavourably with Aguero. But said we were comfortable. Pretty useless analysis compared to Perry Groves on Sky but only what we have come to expect from MOTD.

Chelsea beat Norwich 4-1. Tiki taka it was not. Barcelona they are not. Barcelona did not get thrashed out of sight by Athletico Madrid. Christ on a fucking bike is that the best they can do?
Last edited by blues-clues on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum