MOTD - Media Bias Against City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: MOTD

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:29 pm

For those who no longer put money into Murdoch's pocket, did anybody watch Sunday Supplement?

If so, how many of them were slitting their wrists over the Rags loss?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby PeterParker » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:19 pm

Their reaction was odd. "Halsey had a bad week" what the hell was that?

Hansen was spot on about Vinnie's performance, i give him that, but i think they talked just 2 minutes about us and those minutes were Hansen talking about Komps looking sloppy and that was about it, not a word about the penalty Fulham had or the pens we didn't had.

I was surprised Mick didn't said anything.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby branny » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:27 pm

He's complained to the police about the abuse he received on twitter after last week. Maybe the powers that be at the bbc didn't wanna twist the knife. His decisions yesterday ultimately didn't affect the outcome so it was easier to gloss over his mistakes. Would have been interesting what they'd have said if it finished 1-0 to Fulham though.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Chinners » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:17 pm

King Kev wrote:Mick McCarthy criticizing Vincent Kompany is like Cher Lloyd giving tips on singing to Adele.

Fecking genius work ... A+
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:31 pm

branny wrote:He's complained to the police about the abuse he received on twitter after last week. Maybe the powers that be at the bbc didn't wanna twist the knife. His decisions yesterday ultimately didn't affect the outcome so it was easier to gloss over his mistakes. Would have been interesting what they'd have said if it finished 1-0 to Fulham though.

"Well played Fulham".
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Green & Blue » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:38 pm

I'm glad I did not watch motd.On the premiership in Ireland they picked up on it.Critical of the penalty and decisions that we should have had going our way.So poor for motd not to highlight such major issues in match analysis.Would make you wonder.Also just wanted to add that Hansen alone is enough to put any City fan off motd he can hardly brinf himself to say a good word about City it does not matter how well we perform.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Green & Blue wrote:I'm glad I did not watch motd.On the premiership in Ireland they picked up on it.Critical of the penalty and decisions that we should have had going our way.So poor for motd not to highlight such major issues in match analysis.Would make you wonder.Also just wanted to add that Hansen alone is enough to put any City fan off motd he can hardly brinf himself to say a good word about City it does not matter how well we perform.

Even Linekar picked up on Hansen and his bile last season - particularly his hatred of Mario.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:28 pm

bobby brows wrote:Biggest stitch up in the history of match of the day. fulham were given way too much credit in the highlights. love how we were also accused of not having played well despite 60 minutes of dominance

I no longer watch Match of the Day but, in the newspapers this morning, Jol was quoted as saying that for 60 minutes, Fulham couldn't get the ball from City and they were only hanging on and playing for a point. City's possession was also calculated as, uniformly, in excess of 70%.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:49 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
bobby brows wrote:Biggest stitch up in the history of match of the day. fulham were given way too much credit in the highlights. love how we were also accused of not having played well despite 60 minutes of dominance

I no longer watch Match of the Day but, in the newspapers this morning, Jol was quoted as saying that for 60 minutes, Fulham couldn't get the ball from City and they were only hanging on and playing for a point. City's possession was also calculated as, uniformly, in excess of 70%.

Yeah he did say that. Said we were well worth the win but they played a good game.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:11 pm

Luckily I only understand about a third of what comes out of Hansen. Is that really an accent / dialect or is he just constantly as pissed as a Russian coal mine worker on a Friday night?
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Plain Speaking » Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:22 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

The Sunday Times also reported Zab as making a "rash challenge" for their penalty. No hint of any controversy.
(Didnt Murdoch's Sky try to buy Utd?)
BBC said 50-50 possession yet Jol thought we had 70% possession and other stats site gave us a higher figure than that.
BBC were also having trouble with their "in game scores" they had the Final score of our game with Fulham as 1-1 for over half an hour after the match ended and had the Spurs United game as 0-0 until just before half time even though the first Spur goal was inside the first five minutes.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john68 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:59 am

MOTD was a must watch programme...it was the only programme of its type, there was no alternative.

Now with so many alternative sources, why would anyone even think of watching it? It warrants an audience of zero and if its audience figure dwindled, they would bin it.

You watch it, blame yourselves.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Blue Since 76 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:43 am

john68 wrote:MOTD was a must watch programme...it was the only programme of its type, there was no alternative.

Now with so many alternative sources, why would anyone even think of watching it? It warrants an audience of zero and if its audience figure dwindled, they would bin it.

You watch it, blame yourselves.

Unless you pay for Sky Sports there are no (legal) alternatives to MOTD. MOTD is also something that everyone in the UK pays for whether they watch it or not so it's about time the BBC brought it up to date and away form the 'if you don't want to know the scores, look away now' idea they still have.

The Olympics and F1 show what they're capable of. Maybe we need to wait for the new TV deal to allow them to use red button services.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Grandad Rosler » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:22 am

branny wrote:He's complained to the police about the abuse he received on twitter after last week. Maybe the powers that be at the bbc didn't wanna twist the knife. His decisions yesterday ultimately didn't affect the outcome so it was easier to gloss over his mistakes. Would have been interesting what they'd have said if it finished 1-0 to Fulham though.

Nailed on pen??
Grandad Rosler
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Duckman » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:25 am

What are the alternatives to motd? thanx
private dick/family man
Duckman
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Silva, Kompany, Yaya

Postby Grandad Rosler » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:30 am

Thought id add my own rant as its been boiling over the weekend, I too watched in disbelief as those words were uttered "he's had a tough week so we will leave it there"

What kind of shoddy 2bit analysis is that? And then for good measure that little classic 'what do you think of the away kit Mick' well if I hadn't pissed myself laughing at what a pile of crap MOTD had become I'd have thrown my remote straight at hansens biased ugly mug

I switched off straight after that and will never watch a second of that bollocks again
Grandad Rosler

Postby Grandad Rosler » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 am

Duckman wrote:What are the alternatives to motd? thanx

Don't know for those who don't have sky, although Id honestly wait to get the highlights through city's website and listen to the day analysis on the radio than put myself through that again
Grandad Rosler

Postby Avalon » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:24 am

Yeah, after this I will stop watching MotD as well.
Not Sky, but Virgin, so luckily I've got plenty of alternatives, such as GoS. Luck has it, I like Kammy as well.

Seriously though, Halsey has had a tough week? Serves him right for fucking up two major calls. Guess what? He did it again! And for the BBC to not address the issue? When they were hinting they were going to at the beginning of the show?

Where is Lineker anyway? People might have their opinion about him, but often I feel he at least is being honest, or attempts to be funny. I guess I'll start watching Kammy from now on.
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:32 am

This thread should be made into a sticky seems people need to vent their spleens regularly on how much of a wanker Hansen and Lawro.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:42 am

Duckman wrote:What are the alternatives to motd? thanx

Find the most clueless Utd, Spurs or Liverpool supporting drunk, non match going, biased twats you can find & ask them their opinions on the day's games.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum