Victor Moses

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Victor Moses

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:31 am

Worth own thread. I think we made massive mistake in concentrating on Sinclair rather than Moses. Moses has ten times the potential and last year showed glimpses of turning that potential into top end production. Bit gutted really that he has gone to Chelsea.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Victor Moses

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 am

Not a fan of Moses, he is very inconsistent, another aj who can look great one game and anonymous the next. He has been around long enough now to have his potential shine, he needs to make it happen at Chelsea but I doubt it.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby mr_nool » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:36 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Worth own thread. I think we made massive mistake in concentrating on Sinclair rather than Moses. Moses has ten times the potential and last year showed glimpses of turning that potential into top end production. Bit gutted really that he has gone to Chelsea.

Agree, top prospect. Chelsea's overhaul is looking very interesting. They're really building for the future, but with enough quality to be a threat already this season.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:38 am

Wonderwall wrote:Not a fan of Moses, he is very inconsistent, another aj who can look great one game and anonymous the next. He has been around long enough now to have his potential shine, he needs to make it happen at Chelsea but I doubt it.

See, that's the thing about him. It seems he has been around for ages because he broke through so early but he is actually 21. And Scott Sinclair actually DID have his chance in Chelsea but never showed anything there.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Green & Blue » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:47 am

I don't rate him and think he will struggle to make any impact at Chelsea.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ashton287 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:48 am

Only Chelsea player I wish we just shut up and paid for is hazard. The rest aren't that good.

We are still better than them.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Socrates » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:57 am

Nah, Dev would have to change his name again - would cause havoc...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby kinkylola » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:02 am

Moses can divide opinion, as shown in this thread. I am of the opinion that he blows very hot and cold. He also tries A LOT of things that just don't come off, and wouldn't come off even if he was messi, which he decidedly is not. He also does a lot of things well, and shows glimpses of potential.

Being 21, he has time on his side, and getting coaching at Chelsea will almost certainly be better than at Wigan. He'll also get to play with some truly talented players. That's a double edged sword for him, however, as I do not see how he will get a game at chelsea with their current lineup.

Decent move for Chelsea, risky move for Moses.

Really not mad that we missed out on him, though I was a bit sad when we 'reportedly' missed out on him the first time around from Crystal Palace.

Scott Sinclair has proven to be able to at least put numbers up in the Prem, which Moses has never done consistently. Actually, I think moses' time at chelsea will probably be a lot like Sinclair's. I could be totally wrong though, Moses could turn out to be a star. That's up to him now.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Crossie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:25 am

Sturridge won't be happy.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby PeterParker » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:54 am

I don't know about this. Moses startet looking decent last season, after Rodallega went on a downfall. I was convinced that the colombian is far better than Moses when i saw him.

I don't know what Chelsea are doing. Last night i've heard that they will buy a player called Taison, from Metalist Kharhiv. He was supposed to play with Dinamo in the Europa League, but it seems he was in London with his agent.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Biamp » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:15 am

I really think we missed out on him, he's a great prospect. I remember we were in for him until we got AJ, I believe he's a better overall play than AJ. Add to that, he's capable of playing on the wings or through the middle.
Biamp
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Biamp » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:19 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:Not a fan of Moses, he is very inconsistent, another aj who can look great one game and anonymous the next. He has been around long enough now to have his potential shine, he needs to make it happen at Chelsea but I doubt it.

See, that's the thing about him. It seems he has been around for ages because he broke through so early but he is actually 21. And Scott Sinclair actually DID have his chance in Chelsea but never showed anything there.

Which is a worrying sign as it seems we're going all for him. I still think Sinclair improved since he left Chelsea, but I don't think he's at a level where he's the big hit, or maybe he just under performs when he under pressure and plenty of expectation of him to deliver.
Biamp

Postby Biamp » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 am

Crossie wrote:Sturridge won't be happy.

This move probably helps his case of playing as the main striker, but all this depends on how well Torres does this season.
Biamp

Postby Renato_CTID » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:33 am

I am a big fan of Moses but I believe he's the kind of player who needs to play all the games to be important. And how many games could he play in a season with us?
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby ashton287 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:55 am

Apparently they have signed a defender from marseille.

Cesar azpilicueta.

They seem to be buying a WHOLE new team. If FFP is a real thing and they start banning teams for not complying there is absolutely no fucking way Chelsea will make it unless they win every single trophy available for the next 3 years.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:58 am

Stop talking out of your fucking arse you blind fucking eskimo fucker.
Played five games for Chelsea, this is how it broke up.
-2 league games, sent out on loan for the rest of the season.
-1 league game, sent out on loan for the rest of the season.

AJ has been given a chance, what we did was giving a player a chance, what Chelsea did was buy up good young players like they were doing at the time and fucking them over.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Slim wrote:

AJ has been given a chance, what we did was giving a player a chance, what Chelsea did was buy up good young players like they were doing at the time and fucking them over.

He spent five years in Chelsea, never managed to break it into the team and was shipped off for few hundred housand quids. Chelsea spent 9m on Moses. Yet people "are not confident whether he will make it Chelsea" but happy with Sinclair. Moses>>>Sinclair.

What AJ has got to do with this?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby kinkylola » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:29 pm

Slim wrote:

He spent five years in Chelsea, never managed to break it into the team and was shipped off for few hundred housand quids. Chelsea spent 9m on Moses. Yet people "are not confident whether he will make it Chelsea" but happy with Sinclair. Moses>>>Sinclair.

sorry but that's a bullshit metric for comparison. He was sold for xxx k so must be worse than moses who was bought for 9 million.

You can be sure that if Di Matteo was in charge of Chelsea when Scott Sinclair was there, he wouldn't have been sold. Chelsea's transfer policy at that time was totally mental and not geared towards youth in any way.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Slim wrote:

By that logic Shevchenko was 5 times the player Sturridge has been, Veron is worth two and half times Lampards. I could continue.

And being that you THINK you recognise that Sinclair was given a chance, I was giving you an example of what REALLY giving someone a chance looks like, just in case you're a little slow...and you are....often...hence example...call it my community service to the learning impaired, next I am off to teach carl how to spell "you're".
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bobby brows » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:40 pm

I saw him against Bolton at the Reebok last season, and although it was only Bolton, he looked great, good movement, quick with the ball, good shot and good crossing ability. He'll be ruined by Chelsea
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum