Javi Martinez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Javi Martinez

Postby Risby » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Apparently, according to its title, it's supposed to promote fair play.
But my question is, how can this be true if teams have had a 10-15 year head start?!
For those teams who have the dream of competing at the highest level might as well forget about it. At this moment in time, how can teams compete with the two Spanish clubs, the rags, etc when they have been allowed to spend fortunes over the last decades?
What they are really saying is, we like the teams already competing for European honours and everyone else can sod off. If you try and crash the party and upset the apple cart, we will punish you.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Rag_hater » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:41 pm

TheGOAT wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:Seems odd all these clubs spending so much with the FFPR imminent.Wonder why?

Becasue big clubs actually make alot of profit!

I think Bayern made 1.3Mill last year.For me maybe I'm missing something but that is not enough for what they have spent.

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:Seems odd all these clubs spending so much with the FFPR imminent.Wonder why?

I wonder if it's because FFP is ultimately going to prove to be unenforceable bollox of the highest order?

FFP is not to stop the likes of Bayern and nited spending big money on fees and wages, just upstarts like us..
We 'must be stopped' apparently.

At the risk of sounding repetative I think the're are some laws that will stop UEFA doing that.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:47 pm

Risby wrote:Apparently, according to its title, it's supposed to promote fair play.
But my question is, how can this be true if teams have had a 10-15 year head start?!
For those teams who have the dream of competing at the highest level might as well forget about it. At this moment in time, how can teams compete with the two Spanish clubs, the rags, etc when they have been allowed to spend fortunes over the last decades?
What they are really saying is, we like the teams already competing for European honours and everyone else can sod off. If you try and crash the party and upset the apple cart, we will punish you.

Add the fact that Spanish governments have written off unpaid taxes on numerous occasions including those from the big two (currently the majority of teams in the top tier of Spanish football all owe the government varying sums of money - or did at the end of the season just gone) then this becomes another unfair financial distortion in their favour (on top of their way of negotiating TV money on an individual basis in Spain rather than collectively).
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Blue2 wrote:
Slim wrote:
Blue2 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
I wonder if it's because FFP is ultimately going to prove to be unenforceable bollox of the highest order?

More big clubs that challenge it like this the more I think that will come true.

Been thinking this for a while, cant see UEFA being able to enforce this. Its restraint of trade, thats not allowed in the Euro zone is it?

Champions League and Europa are still classed as invitationals, so they can set whatever restrictions they want I guess.

All the clubs will just set up their own competition, realy cant see the big english and euopean clubs being dictated to on this. Uefa would be skint without the tv money for Champions league etc

That much is true, if the big four leagues turned around and said "fuck you Platini" he couldn't do fuck all for fear of a champions league final between basel and fc utrecht.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Risby » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:18 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Add the fact that Spanish governments have written off unpaid taxes on numerous occasions including those from the big two (currently the majority of teams in the top tier of Spanish football all owe the government varying sums of money - or did at the end of the season just gone) then this becomes another unfair financial distortion in their favour (on top of their way of negotiating TV money on an individual basis in Spain rather than collectively).

It has been said before and I completely agree - its not about fair play, it's about protecting those clubs that are already at the top.
BUT we will be there soon, and if you want to cheat us out of it then play your games UEFA.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:53 pm

in fairness, i expect training with pigsteiger will make him a much better player.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Apparently true basques have distinctively shaped ears....perhaps thats why he is so expensive
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Goataldo » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Something distinctly unsavoury about this FFP and the transfer activity going on. Could it be part of some wider plot to breakaway and form a 'European Superleague'
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Goataldo wrote:Something distinctly unsavoury about this FFP and the transfer activity going on. Could it be part of some wider plot to breakaway and form a 'European Superleague'

...or a promise to back platinis bid to run for fifa president if he goes easy with it...although as said...its all about letting those with snoughts already in the trough to continue unabated. If some big balled sheik wants to buy everton with his own money why get all socislist about it? Good luck id say..why moyes might even get to field a striker
Bianchi on Ice

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Goataldo wrote:Something distinctly unsavoury about this FFP and the transfer activity going on. Could it be part of some wider plot to breakaway and form a 'European Superleague'

...or a promise to back platinis bid to run for fifa president if he goes easy with it...although as said...its all about letting those with snoughts already in the trough to continue unabated. If some big balled sheik wants to buy everton with his own money why get all socislist about it? Good luck id say..why moyes might even get to field a striker
Bianchi on Ice

Postby phips » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:04 pm

I wonder if he'll replace gustavo or boateng...
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum