Mancini: New Contract, New Target

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini: New Contract, New Target

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:03 am

john68 wrote:So let's get this straight. Our CEO, who rarely gives interviews and is most humble and respectful when he does....Goes back home and turns into some sort of Bedouin blabbermouth boy racer....Chooses to unload his future plans and ambitions for City to a Liverpool fan who works for him.....erm!

I find it difficult to understand that he told all this but omitted to mention the plans to also win the Stanley Cup, World Series, the Ashes, the Ryder Cup and the Mongolian Ten Pin Bowling league...as well as making all City players Citizens of Abble Dabble and winning the World Cup.

...and I fully expect a City player to have won the Tour De France on a camel by 2016.

Jus sayin...like.

I love this post, can I get two noms for POTY?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:13 am

Slim wrote:
john68 wrote:So let's get this straight. Our CEO, who rarely gives interviews and is most humble and respectful when he does....Goes back home and turns into some sort of Bedouin blabbermouth boy racer....Chooses to unload his future plans and ambitions for City to a Liverpool fan who works for him.....erm!

I find it difficult to understand that he told all this but omitted to mention the plans to also win the Stanley Cup, World Series, the Ashes, the Ryder Cup and the Mongolian Ten Pin Bowling league...as well as making all City players Citizens of Abble Dabble and winning the World Cup.

...and I fully expect a City player to have won the Tour De France on a camel by 2016.

Jus sayin...like.

Thank you Slim Sir, I still have my moments....sadly they are increasingly becoming only MOMENTS.
(2 NOMS sounds like the start of a blow job Mate)
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby aaron bond » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:51 am

AG7 wrote:Last season we gifted the rags the Community Shield from 2-0 up, we let our attention lapse ... won't happen this time.

Carling Cup was all but ours, no one can field a second string team as good as ours ... last year, the semis were lost to Liverpool due to a few fucked up ref decisions ... watch out, Mancini will make sure we are well ahead from the first leg this time. Yes, I am expecting us to playing the Final this time ... and winning it.

Premier League will remain our top priority and with Chelsea and Arsenal strengthening, I only see them taking a few more points off Man Utd. With it being our main focus and top priority, let's bag this too.

So I wont be surprised at all with these three shiny pieces of silverware very much coming home this very year ahead.

FA Cup and the Champions League are really down to luck, right from the the draw we get to the scheduling of PL games around the cup games and depending on where we stand in the league will dictate how Mancini plays those.

So 3 out of 5 trophies are coming in first and/or second year itself ... and all of em ... well, won't take us five years, mark my words!

And I agree, five an year is only a short term target, in the longer run (next two-three decades) we are looking at 25-30 odd League titles, with 30-40 domestic cups and 10+ European titles ... that's the plan!!

Is the day you joined the forum also the day you switched from 'supporting' United to us?
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:11 am

john68 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Jus sayin...like.

Thank you Slim Sir, I still have my moments....sadly they are increasingly becoming only MOMENTS.

Yet, this is a second nominee in a row, thus those moments still flow very frequently, Sir John!
oh, and as Mother Nature doesn't assist anymore, apparently, we of the geriatric dept can still cope with a little experience and a blow... ;)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:54 am

john68 wrote:
Slim wrote:

Jus sayin...like.

Have you never seen 2 noms, 1 cup before mate?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Socrates » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:10 am

This is the same poster that started 2 totally different threads on the same subject the other day. Maybe he has been let loose into the community a little too soon?
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:11 am

Socrates wrote:This is the same poster that started 2 totally different threads on the same subject the other day. Maybe he has been let loose into the community a little too soon?

Doing my best to derail the fucker mate, give it time.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Crossie » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:46 am

The Sheik is a sensible man, Khaldoon is too.

Setting such a stupid goal is beyond anyone. We simply cannot be THAT good. We would need 22 superstar uninjured players to do it, keeping them all happy for a couple of seasons at least. If we managed it, it would be a fluke.

Sorry op, but I for one am choosing to believe you wrote a load of bollocks. Either that or its been taken out of context and was probably abit of a jokey conversation and Khaldoon was taking the piss.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby AG7 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:39 am

C'mon guys ... why shoot the messenger? That's why I gave a detailed background instead of saying 'heard somewhere' ... and as I said Khaldoon didn't tell me to my face and questioned its believability at the end of the post as well so whether you believe or not is your own choice.

One thing I can tell you (having spent 12 years in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and working for and with the Al Nahyan family), they haven't spent over a £ billion for winning an odd trophy every year here and there and become the next Chelsea ... and knowing their mindset, I personally totally believe that there must be some truth to such ambitious targets.

The idea behind posting this was not to start a debate whether what my friend told me is to be believed or not ... but that will we see City rule the football in England and in Europe over the coming years and if this 5 trophies an year doable or not. I for one want Man City to win the five this year itself, can't imagine anyone really not cheering the team on in whatever game they are playing, be it a Carling Cup game or an FA Cup game thinking the League or else is more important so let this one go? really?
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:38 am

AG7 wrote:C'mon guys ... why shoot the messenger? That's why I gave a detailed background instead of saying 'heard somewhere' ... and as I said Khaldoon didn't tell me to my face and questioned its believability at the end of the post as well so whether you believe or not is your own choice.

One thing I can tell you (having spent 12 years in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and working for and with the Al Nahyan family), they haven't spent over a £ billion for winning an odd trophy every year here and there and become the next Chelsea ... and knowing their mindset, I personally totally believe that there must be some truth to such ambitious targets.

The idea behind posting this was not to start a debate whether what my friend told me is to be believed or not ... but that will we see City rule the football in England and in Europe over the coming years and if this 5 trophies an year doable or not. I for one want Man City to win the five this year itself, can't imagine anyone really not cheering the team on in whatever game they are playing, be it a Carling Cup game or an FA Cup game thinking the League or else is more important so let this one go? really?

On any forum, if you post stuff like this, you get shit whether it's true or not. If the Sheikh himself came on here, nobody would believe it was him. That's just the way it is. There are so many people on the net claiming to know inside information that most fans are not willing to believe anything like this, because 99.9% of the time, it's just people making stuff up.

Re winning 5 trophies; I think it's possible, but only if we genuinely have 2 absolutely top class players for every position. That means several big signings in this window. If, as stated in the press, Kolo Toure is leaving, we are weaker at CB until a new man comes in. If a new man doesn't come in & Savic is the backup for Vinny or JL, I think we'll struggle to win any trophies at all.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Slim » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:44 am

AG7 wrote:C'mon guys ... why shoot the messenger? That's why I gave a detailed background instead of saying 'heard somewhere' ... and as I said Khaldoon didn't tell me to my face and questioned its believability at the end of the post as well so whether you believe or not is your own choice.

Think about it from our point of view, some guy comes on here with less than 3 months under his belt, talks about a friend of his who happened to go joy riding with Khaldoon where our chairman(who we know for a fact is very reserved and plays every card close to the chest) started spouting off about what City want, unlimited cheque books and clean sweeping every competition.

Would YOU believe it? None of it sounds like what we know of Khaldoon Al Mubarak, and I cannot believe for one second that anyone but senior management and Sheikh Mansour know our business plan and I doubt they go around telling random scousers.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:02 am

Fuclin hell. Just over two years ago we had won fuclall in three and a half decades, now we are going on and winning everything? We didn't win the fa cup 10-0 and the league by a record margin. We are not that far ahead that injuries or suspensions would not have a distinct impact. I am off for a lie down before all this talk gives me a haemorrhage
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ant london » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:10 am

Slim wrote:

Think about it from our point of view, some guy comes on here with less than 3 months under his belt, talks about a friend of his who happened to go joy riding with Khaldoon where our chairman(who we know for a fact is very reserved and plays every card close to the chest) started spouting off about what City want, unlimited cheque books and clean sweeping every competition.

Would YOU believe it? None of it sounds like what we know of Khaldoon Al Mubarak, and I cannot believe for one second that anyone but senior management and Sheikh Mansour know our business plan and I doubt they go around telling random scousers.

What he said....I'm not calling you a liar my friend. I can very well believe that your friend is who you say he is....as most of Mubadala's businesses' senior management are expats...many of whom are Brits.

However, I am fairly certain that your scouser mate is full of a large portion of shit as to the exact content of that conversation
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby dazby » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:29 am

I for one hope he did say it. I hope Roberto comes as close as possible to achieving it.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Moses » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:10 am

AG7 wrote:The source first, so you guys know it's right from the horse's mouth: One of my best mate works down in Al Ain (eastern province of Abu Dhabi) as the CFO of an aviation company, which is owned by Abu Dhabi's sovereign wealth fund as well and lo and behold the chairman of that business is our guy Khaldoon as well.

They had their quarterly board meeting in this week, which is chaired by Khaldoon. Name of the co. and my friend withheld here for obvious reasons (but probably easily found on Google I guess) ... so this friend of mine has bought himself a new Maserati and as they walk out of the meeting into the car park, Khaldoon and my friend are discussing cars and the show-off he is (my friend that is, not Kahldoon), he's singing about his new wheel's engine, customization, pickup and what not. Kahldoon asks for the key and tells his driver to follow them back to Abu Dhabi. My mate lives in Abu Dhabi, works in Al Ain, it's about an hour and thirty minutes drive east but says Khaldoon drove him back in 50 minutes.

It's during that time that the only topic of discussion was Man City and what's next, after of course the car stuff. My mate is a Liverpool fan, grew up with it. So they had an interesting back and forth, with my friend obviously not pissing his boss too much I can guess. The most interesting thing out of the whole hour long discussion they had was that he spilled what the next targets have been given to Mancini by Sheikh Mansour himself ...

Sorry for the rather long preamble, but thought you guys needed to know the exact source ...

Sheikh Mansour wants a clean-sweep in one of the seasons: 5 trophies in one year - he doesn't want any one else getting their hands on any silverware in that season out of the PL clubs ... for a half hour I couldn't first figure out what the hell was he talking about and he too didn't ask for a clarification from Khaldoon.

But then I figured it out ...

1. Charity Shield
2. Carling Cup
3. FA Cup
4. Premier League
5. Champions League

According to him, Mancini can take next four years to fuck all and get nothing and then get this done in the 5th year, they won't care and according to him, if Bob does deliver this, he will have a blank cheque in terms of whatever he wants to do at Man City and he can stay for next 30 years at whatever price he names. Their long term goal is to surpass Man United and Liverpool both in total no. of titles and cups and create a whole new era that dwarfs the previous 'history' boys ... and they don't intend to stop until then.

Now my friend (reminder: a Liverpool fan) could have exaggerated things a bit here but as long as have I known him, I think the inflation in his statements were all around his new ride and how close he is with Khaldoon now but as for this as the target given to Mancini, I personally think he was telling the truth and to me it's fairly believable ... what do you guys think? Aiming too high or ... ??

I sure think it can be done in the next five years ... and adding that Charity Shield as a fifth piece of annual silverware means, the bosses have hinted Mancini that they do expect him to win either the FA Cup or the Premier League every year on as well ...

What's a CFO?
Moses
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Swales4ever » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:13 am

Moses wrote:What's a CFO?

chief financial officer, apparently.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:36 am

AG7 wrote:The source first, so you guys know it's right from the horse's mouth: One of my best mate works down in Al Ain (eastern province of Abu Dhabi)
can I just say, having been there on a City watching holiday, Al Ain is very nice and your friend is very fortunate.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby david yearsley » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:56 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:If the FFP wasnt introduced then I would say it could be done....but seeing as it is in place then theres no fuckign chance at all.

A triple is hard enough to get, let alone win all 5.

Carl I personally believe that PSG and Chavs are deliberately navigating a fook off aircraft carrier through FFP. How will Platini be able to defend that if one club decides to take him on in court ?
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:16 am

I suppose it would be nice for us to win for the next few generations but would the Prem not become boring (and apparently the best League in the world)if it became so predictable.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:36 am

So you hope we win 5 trophies then? And so should the rest of us? Ok. Just say that, no need for jack and the fucking beanstalk.

And they all lived happily ever after.
Original Dub

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum