Sir Joseph barton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sir Joseph barton

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:24 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Why don't QPR loan him to a foreign team? Surely the 12-game ban just affects FA games, so any foreign governing body couldn't stop him from playing. Celtic possibly?

if you're banned on a misconduct charge, it's a ban from ALL football (it says here)Plus Qualifying matches for a suspension can only be for the team the player was playing for at the time they were sent off
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:42 pm

It's on TS now and they are stating that if he went out on loan then he'd be back a month early due to the game ratio/start dates.

On another note, is it just me who has fond memories of all our ex-players, even the worst ones? People like Ricky Edghill who got dogs when he was with us, Danny Granville when he returned, eck, even the likes of KKs Negouai brings out the soft cunt in me.

It may just be me and the way I see our club. Every player for me seems to become family and even if that family member becomes a right cunt he'll still always be in the fold; arms length of course.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:It's on TS now and they are stating that if he went out on loan then he'd be back a month early due to the game ratio/start dates.

On another note, is it just me who has fond memories of all our ex-players, even the worst ones? People like Ricky Edghill who got dogs when he was with us, Danny Granville when he returned, eck, even the likes of KKs Negouai brings out the soft cunt in me.

It may just be me and the way I see our club. Every player for me seems to become family and even if that family member becomes a right cunt he'll still always be in the fold; arms length of course.

I don't mind richard Edghill. He was shite but he was a blue & I was at Platt Lane once when Terry Phelan reported during one of his lengthy 'injury' periods whilst City were struggling. The comments from Edgehill as Phelan swanned out of the car park were close to the bone.

Tbh, I can't stand quite a lot of them though. Imo quite a lot of them took money off me pretending to be footballers.

At least when Tevez or Adebayor etc take the piss, they've given me something to remember first.

I used to think I would have been better than half of City's players if I'd taken football seriously & I still feel the same about a lot of them from the past. Now I see highly skilled pros & I wouldn't get near any of them apart from Savic.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:36 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:It's on TS now and they are stating that if he went out on loan then he'd be back a month early due to the game ratio/start dates.

I don't mind richard Edghill. He was shite but he was a blue & I was at Platt Lane once when Terry Phelan reported during one of his lengthy 'injury' periods whilst City were struggling. The comments from Edgehill as Phelan swanned out of the car park were close to the bone.

Tbh, I can't stand quite a lot of them though. Imo quite a lot of them took money off me pretending to be footballers.

At least when Tevez or Adebayor etc take the piss, they've given me something to remember first.

I used to think I would have been better than half of City's players if I'd taken football seriously & I still feel the same about a lot of them from the past. Now I see highly skilled pros & I wouldn't get near any of them apart from Savic.

Just me then ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dameerto » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:47 am

Fidel Castro wrote:
paul_oresteia wrote:
While he's on loan do they not count him as a QPR player? So he'd still have a ban when he gets back? Just a thought, otherwise teams would be pulling that stunt all the time. I may be wrong.

My idea isn't trying to get around the rules really. He will be banned til QPR play their 12th game, but would be keeping fit and gaining match fitness at a competitive level instead of just pissing about in reserves league. Maybe Celtic was a bad example then, but I'm sure some decent foreign teams would be interested

He has to sit out 12 FA games that he would have been eligible to play in - if he's out on loan overseas he wouldn't be counted as having eligibility for the FA games he would miss.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Twobob » Fri May 30, 2014 9:44 am

Had to resurect this as I am sure it would have been in the Bollox if Chinners hadnt pissed off on a bloody holiday!

Sir Joey showing himself up and out of his depth on Question Time last night, didnt watch it but sounds like he was his usual tool.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/30/five-epic ... t-4744653/

I'm gutted that he didnt speak any French!

Anyone see it live?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby MilnersJaw » Fri May 30, 2014 10:03 am

Twobob wrote:Had to resurect this as I am sure it would have been in the Bollox if Chinners hadnt pissed off on a bloody holiday!

Sir Joey showing himself up and out of his depth on Question Time last night, didnt watch it but sounds like he was his usual tool.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/30/five-epic ... t-4744653/

I'm gutted that he didnt speak any French!

Anyone see it live?

I watched it just because Barton was on. He was alright actually. However he kept saying "what little I know of it" and "what I read about it on the way over" . I think he had a sheet of the questions had looked on Google via his phone in the taxi.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby twosips » Fri May 30, 2014 10:35 am

His four ugly girls analogy was deplorably stupid and he was clearly nervous at the start and talked a bit of hyperbolic nonsense but he settled down and did okay after that. Better than most footballers would do I presume.

Still a twat though. A vaguely intelligent one but a twat nonetheless.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Wonderwall » Fri May 30, 2014 10:38 am

I saw it too, he seemed OK and seemed to be knowledgeable to a level. He just said it as he saw it and was very funny with the UKIP woman! Piers Morgan was very good at some points and then a total knob on others, he just loves the sound of his own voice.

Feckin politicians (sorry chinners) just want to talk over each other and wont shut up when the presenter wants to move on. Should be in a booth where you can mute them.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri May 30, 2014 10:59 am

Joey actually fared a lot better than the self-appointed most intelligent man in football, Clark Carlisle, who was all heptasyllabic words and no substance when he appeared on the show.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Fri May 30, 2014 11:02 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:heptasyllabic words

Thank you for contributing to my vocabulary
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Crossie » Fri May 30, 2014 11:13 am

He isn't intelligent he's just opinionated.

Don't mix the 2 up.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby mr_nool » Fri May 30, 2014 11:22 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:
Alioune DVToure wrote:heptasyllabic words

Thank you for contributing to my vocabulary

It would have been more useful to my vocabulary if he actually used some heptasyllabic words. I can't come up with any with more than six syllables. Execpt for supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, of course.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ruralblue » Fri May 30, 2014 12:33 pm

The guys a cock. Made himself to look the tit he his and has had to back track with an apology put down to nerves. Go on something more of a par with your intelligence Joey!, I dunno Big Cook Little Cook or Teletubbies perhaps.

Should have him on Paxmans final Newsnight and let him show himself for what he really is.
ruralblue
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby zuricity » Fri May 30, 2014 1:33 pm

mr_nool wrote:
It would have been more useful to my vocabulary if he actually used some heptasyllabic words. I can't come up with any with more than six syllables. Execpt for supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, of course.

i can think of loads, in German :-)
zuricity
Joe Corrigan's Gloves

Postby ross.mcfc » Fri May 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I saw it too, he seemed OK and seemed to be knowledgeable to a level. He just said it as he saw it and was very funny with the UKIP woman! Piers Morgan was very good at some points and then a total knob on others, he just loves the sound of his own voice.

Feckin politicians (sorry chinners) just want to talk over each other and wont shut up when the presenter wants to move on. Should be in a booth where you can mute them.

I thought it was amusing that the UKIP women kept going on about speaking up for the common people but when Barton gave some common person type views she shouted all over him.
ross.mcfc

Postby Alioune DVToure » Fri May 30, 2014 5:18 pm

ruralblue wrote:The guys a cock. Made himself to look the tit he his and has had to back track with an apology put down to nerves. Go on something more of a par with your intelligence Joey!, I dunno Big Cook Little Cook or Teletubbies perhaps.

Should have him on Paxmans final Newsnight and let him show himself for what he really is.

Did you watch it? I agree that he's a dick but I thought he handled himself quite well, and that his on-air apology was quite frank and honest.

Was it really that offensive of an analogy anyway? Who is into ugly women? He wasn't singling anyone out.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri May 30, 2014 5:26 pm

Not excited to see this criminal in the Premier League again...unless he helps us win the league again
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed May 27, 2015 5:26 pm

Poor chap was released by QPR
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Poor chap was released by QPR

Wouldn't be surprised if quite a few get moved on.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum