Sir Joseph barton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sir Joseph barton

Postby CTID Hants » Thu May 28, 2015 1:15 pm

On a side note, anyone else find it weird that this thread was originally started by BMD?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Wooders » Thu May 28, 2015 1:17 pm

Took a break from spending all the money
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 28, 2015 7:41 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Joey pop up at another Premier League club. Ferdinand should retire, even without his recent loss he looked finished at the top level last season.

Unless Bournemouth are desparate.... i cannot see him at Norwich or Watford, or any other Prem team....

Dunne is being linked to the baggies, i wouldn't be surprised if SWP joined his brother in the MLS & Sir Joey will end up playing for Oxford or Cambridge so he can continue his philosophy degree...........

Joking apart, i think he'd be fancied by Steve Bruce in their attempt come back to the Prem, after all one thing Joey does have experience is coming back up to the prem, having done it with the toon & the R's.

Could Shaun put a shift in for NYCFC or do the finances/rules not stretch to that

He could sign a shitty contract for a couple hundred grand US per annum. He'd need a team with a designated player slot to earn real money.

Only about 20 of these dudes earns a million a year. They've survived due to financial controls. The quality is what it is tho.....league 1 or champo at the very best. And only 4-5 teams could hold their own against a chamopinship campaign and not go down.

Its still a shit league no matter what you might see about how much better its getting. Watch a match and 75% of them will make you wish you stumbled across Dundee United v Inverness instead.

I've watched 2 live this season and 6 on TV. It's shit.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby omega » Thu May 28, 2015 10:48 pm

I actually find Joey Barton rather amusing,his affected French accent during that interview was hilarious .He's certainly not dull like Alan Shearer,Owen of Neville (Phil)..he'd be really entertaining on MOTD or Sky.I can imagine him kicking off with the pundits....football needs characters.
omega
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nasri

Postby patrickblue » Thu May 28, 2015 11:21 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Joey pop up at another Premier League club. Ferdinand should retire, even without his recent loss he looked finished at the top level last season.

Unless Bournemouth are desparate.... i cannot see him at Norwich or Watford, or any other Prem team....

Dunne is being linked to the baggies, i wouldn't be surprised if SWP joined his brother in the MLS & Sir Joey will end up playing for Oxford or Cambridge so he can continue his philosophy degree...........

Joking apart, i think he'd be fancied by Steve Bruce in their attempt come back to the Prem, after all one thing Joey does have experience is coming back up to the prem, having done it with the toon & the R's.

Could Shaun put a shift in for NYCFC or do the finances/rules not stretch to that

He could sign a shitty contract for a couple hundred grand US per annum. He'd need a team with a designated player slot to earn real money.

Only about 20 of these dudes earns a million a year. They've survived due to financial controls. The quality is what it is tho.....league 1 or champo at the very best. And only 4-5 teams could hold their own against a chamopinship campaign and not go down.

Its still a shit league no matter what you might see about how much better its getting. Watch a match and 75% of them will make you wish you stumbled across Dundee United v Inverness instead.

Cheers

Didn't learn your lesson after the first two or three then?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Fri May 29, 2015 10:01 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Cheers

I take it, from your comments, that you have some reservations about the quality of the football on offer ??
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri May 29, 2015 10:16 am

patrickblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:

Cheers

Didn't learn your lesson after the first two or three then?

I fucking will watch any football. It's perhaps an issue. I caught myself watching a Mexican league match on Univision last week. In Spanish. I don't speak Spanish.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum