Sir Joseph barton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Sir Joseph barton

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Wed May 27, 2015 5:34 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:Poor chap was released by QPR

Couldn't they at least have the decency to wait for three more days, so that we can celebrate it with a proper anniversary push of this topic...
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed May 27, 2015 5:35 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if quite a few get moved on.

There you go. Just heard Zamora, Dunney and Ferdinand have also been released.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Wonderwall » Wed May 27, 2015 5:39 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:

Swp also gone
Rio has gone too but i cant see him wanting to bother with football for a while after the death of his wife.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Swp also gone
Rio has gone too but i cant see him wanting to bother with football for a while after the death of his wife.

How does this work contractually? Will they have had a clause and a payment tied to release or what?

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mase » Wed May 27, 2015 5:45 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Swp also gone

He openly cheated on her multiple times so unless he's suddenly developed a conscious recently I doubt it
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed May 27, 2015 5:45 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Swp also gone

How does this work contractually? Will they have had a clause and a payment tied to release or what?

Cheers

About fourteen players of their first team squad have contracts which terminate this summer.

On that basis, a number of them just aren't being renewed and they are all free agents.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed May 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

Swp also gone

Cheers

About fourteen players of their first team squad have contracts which terminate this summer.

On that basis, a number of them just aren't being renewed and they are all free agents.

Gotcha. So these players released are out of contract likely.

How would they release a high earner they would not want to afford? Negotiate a buyout I'd reckon?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Wed May 27, 2015 6:23 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see Joey pop up at another Premier League club. Ferdinand should retire, even without his recent loss he looked finished at the top level last season.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed May 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Joey pop up at another Premier League club. Ferdinand should retire, even without his recent loss he looked finished at the top level last season.

Three seasons ago.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed May 27, 2015 10:10 pm

Gotcha. So these players released are out of contract likely.

How would they release a high earner they would not want to afford? Negotiate a buyout I'd reckon?

Any of those "high earners", who have ongoing contracts, might have negotiated a clause when they signed for QPR which allowed them to leave automatically should that Club be relegated.

Given the level of the Club's debts and the threat of a massive fine hanging over their heads, QPR are pretty stretched financially so, even if they wanted to buy out a player's contract, they might not have the immediate funds to do so, even though it could save money in the longer term.

Basically, QPR could potentially lose an entire squad, or thereabouts, this summer in one way or another and heaven knows how they're going to be able to build a reasonable team to try compete in the Championship next season. Under such circumstances, it wouldn't be surprising if they were relegated again at the end of next season.

Perhaps they need a Manager who is a bit of a 'wheeler-dealer'......oh, hang on.......
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 28, 2015 2:03 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Gotcha. So these players released are out of contract likely.

Any of those "high earners", who have ongoing contracts, might have negotiated a clause when they signed for QPR which allowed them to leave automatically should that Club be relegated.

Given the level of the Club's debts and the threat of a massive fine hanging over their heads, QPR are pretty stretched financially so, even if they wanted to buy out a player's contract, they might not have the immediate funds to do so, even though it could save money in the longer term.

Basically, QPR could potentially lose an entire squad, or thereabouts, this summer in one way or another and heaven knows how they're going to be able to build a reasonable team to try compete in the Championship next season. Under such circumstances, it wouldn't be surprising if they were relegated again at the end of next season.

Perhaps they need a Manager who is a bit of a 'wheeler-dealer'......oh, hang on.......

I really can't see them coming back without major investment. Sad really. Love seeing a match at Loftus Rd. A fun place with great fans.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu May 28, 2015 8:50 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:Gotcha. So these players released are out of contract likely.

I really can't see them coming back without major investment. Sad really. Love seeing a match at Loftus Rd. A fun place with great fans.

Cheers

At the end of the day it's always the fans who suffer long after the culprits responsible for the mess created have deserted the sinking ship.

Moreover, it just goes to show what a footballing cockroach good old 'Arry was. He always seems to have the potential more likely to ruin a football club than succeed with it.

Quite sad really.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby CTID Hants » Thu May 28, 2015 11:54 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Joey pop up at another Premier League club. Ferdinand should retire, even without his recent loss he looked finished at the top level last season.

Unless Bournemouth are desparate.... i cannot see him at Norwich or Watford, or any other Prem team....

Dunne is being linked to the baggies, i wouldn't be surprised if SWP joined his brother in the MLS & Sir Joey will end up playing for Oxford or Cambridge so he can continue his philosophy degree...........

Joking apart, i think he'd be fancied by Steve Bruce in their attempt come back to the Prem, after all one thing Joey does have experience is coming back up to the prem, having done it with the toon & the R's.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu May 28, 2015 12:08 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Unless Bournemouth are desparate.... i cannot see him at Norwich or Watford, or any other Prem team....

Dunne is being linked to the baggies, i wouldn't be surprised if SWP joined his brother in the MLS & Sir Joey will end up playing for Oxford or Cambridge so he can continue his philosophy degree...........

Joking apart, i think he'd be fancied by Steve Bruce in their attempt come back to the Prem, after all one thing Joey does have experience is coming back up to the prem, having done it with the toon & the R's.

Maybe he'll make up with Pardew and go there. They both love a good scrap.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu May 28, 2015 12:19 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

He's still a fairly above average midfielder if one is able to take the blue tinted specs off and ignore both his behavioral issues and douchey attitude. A lot to ask for someone so average tho.

He should play in Scotland.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wonderwall » Thu May 28, 2015 12:25 pm

he will be off to Liverpool to replace Stevie Starfish, after all he is one of "their own". Please let that be true, I would piss myself laughing
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Reports on Irish radio that there is interest coming from the MLS for Dunney.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu May 28, 2015 12:31 pm

he'll end up at bournemouth
and then get sacked for a training ground bust up with artur boruc
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby clippo22 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:46 pm

Or back in France to work on his accent again
clippo22
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: City!!!

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu May 28, 2015 12:51 pm

CTID Hants wrote:

Could Shaun put a shift in for NYCFC or do the finances/rules not stretch to that
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum