***Official City v QPR Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official City v QPR Match Thread***

Postby phips » Sun May 13, 2012 7:46 pm

guv111 wrote:Found it:

http://hotfile.com/dl/155796340/0028269 ... f.flv.html

ESPN
Second half further up page.

Are they both the same broadcast?
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Swales4ever » Sun May 13, 2012 8:12 pm

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby ronk » Sun May 13, 2012 11:50 pm

Classic thread.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Trautmann » Mon May 14, 2012 12:37 am

Fabulous thread!

I think I went throught every emotion expressed here.

Typical City means something new now.
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby john68 » Mon May 14, 2012 2:41 am

Dear City,
You did it to us at Newcastle in 68, it was the same at Bradford, then again against Gillingham...Why?...and why did you have to do it to us again today?

Why can't you just do things normally? Like other clubs. Why can't you let City fans simply enjoy what they are seeing without having to cause multiple cardiac arrests on the way. Simple stuff like scoring early, settling down, managing the game without any scares. Why do you have to commit suicide, die before our eyes, allow us to mourn our loss and attend the funeral...before popping an eye open, giving us a sly wink and shouting "Fooled Ya hahahah."

City, you are a bitch. I love you to bits, but today, I don't like you, I don't know if I want to forgive you. You are an addiction, you are bad for my health. You make me sing, dance, laugh, throw myself at complete strangers to hug them. I am happy when I do those things...but why do you have to put the fear of death in me and make me cry before I do?

I have supported you and put up with this for 56 years. I have allowed you to drive me to paradise several times...but why, why, why, why the fuck do you always have to take me via Hell first?
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 14, 2012 11:28 am

fantastic thread, some classic posts which made me LOL with the benefit of hindsight...

And please everyone spare a thought for BET FRED ha ha ha ha, what a wanker
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby belgian cityfan » Mon May 14, 2012 1:52 pm

john68 wrote:Dear City,
You did it to us at Newcastle in 68, it was the same at Bradford, then again against Gillingham...Why?...and why did you have to do it to us again today?

Why can't you just do things normally? Like other clubs. Why can't you let City fans simply enjoy what they are seeing without having to cause multiple cardiac arrests on the way. Simple stuff like scoring early, settling down, managing the game without any scares. Why do you have to commit suicide, die before our eyes, allow us to mourn our loss and attend the funeral...before popping an eye open, giving us a sly wink and shouting "Fooled Ya hahahah."

City, you are a bitch. I love you to bits, but today, I don't like you, I don't know if I want to forgive you. You are an addiction, you are bad for my health. You make me sing, dance, laugh, throw myself at complete strangers to hug them. I am happy when I do those things...but why do you have to put the fear of death in me and make me cry before I do?

I have supported you and put up with this for 56 years. I have allowed you to drive me to paradise several times...but why, why, why, why the fuck do you always have to take me via Hell first?

this puts perfectly into words the crazy things that have happened
I think at some point everyone felt like this is fantastic! but please never like this again
but we could expect this from city
and we're all supporting city, therefore we're all a bit of massochists I guess

and in a way this is the best way you can ever win a title
the fact that it pisses the rags off that we gave them hope makes it already worth wile
its a sports law that before the celebrations, there has to be agony
but when city is involved, the agony is more like pure desperation
and then comes the ecstacy
City fan since 2004
belgian cityfan
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City, KV Mechelen
My favourite player is: Richard Dunne

Postby ronk » Mon May 14, 2012 2:12 pm

You know why. You wouldn't have it any other way either.

Imagine if the rags and us had both drawn or both lost. It'd be piss funny for a while, but then it'd be empty. Who wants the title handed to them? If I'd wanted that I'd have picked the rags as a kid and avoided all the heartache. If we'd never one the title/been takenover, I still wouldn't go back. Rags threw everything they had at us, it wasn't enough. They challenged right to the end, but so did we. Some fans pick the likely winners and back them, they get to ride on the coattails but it can never mean the same. We are City.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Swales4ever » Mon May 14, 2012 2:26 pm

ronk wrote:

You know why. You wouldn't have it any other way either.

Imagine if the rags and us had both drawn or both lost. It'd be piss funny for a while, but then it'd be empty. Who wants the title handed to them? If I'd wanted that I'd have picked the rags as a kid and avoided all the heartache. If we'd never one the title/been takenover, I still wouldn't go back. Rags threw everything they had at us, it wasn't enough. They challenged right to the end, but so did we. Some fans pick the likely winners and back them, they get to ride on the coattails but it can never mean the same. We are City.

well, that's a very gracious post from an ussually great and gracious poster.
and that's also summing up why I love Man City and Sampdoria: the unique flavour to do it the hardest and fair way.

But, also please City, do it hard, harder but not as hard as You did yesterday! i'm getting old...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby KippaxBlue » Mon May 14, 2012 8:00 pm

At last i have finished the web page covering the match and celebrations at the QPR game. Its taken all day!
You can find it at
http://www.rtfract.com/citmay12a.htm
KippaxBlue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Wonderwall » Mon May 14, 2012 8:02 pm

KippaxBlue wrote:At last i have finished the web page covering the match and celebrations at the QPR game. Its taken all day!
You can find it at

Thats impressive that is mate. Good job
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dawnherts » Mon May 14, 2012 8:10 pm

I'm at 35 minutes just checking again it all really did happen :-)
Dawnherts
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchestet City
My favourite player is: All of them!

Postby Dawnherts » Mon May 14, 2012 9:17 pm

Yep we still won!! Dreams do come true hallelujah !!!
Dawnherts
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchestet City
My favourite player is: All of them!

Postby Sister of fu » Mon May 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
KippaxBlue wrote:At last i have finished the web page covering the match and celebrations at the QPR game. Its taken all day!
You can find it at

Thats impressive that is mate. Good job

Top top pics mate.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby hyper » Wed May 16, 2012 7:15 am

Having now watched the last 15 minutes of the game around 30 times - why do you think QPR chose to hoof the ball straight to Joe Hart (probably aiming to put it out of play) when it kicks off again at 2-2?
hyper
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Wed May 16, 2012 7:30 am

hyper wrote:Having now watched the last 15 minutes of the game around 30 times - why do you think QPR chose to hoof the ball straight to Joe Hart (probably aiming to put it out of play) when it kicks off again at 2-2?

They were safe and wanted us to win?
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 16, 2012 7:31 am

hyper wrote:Having now watched the last 15 minutes of the game around 30 times - why do you think QPR chose to hoof the ball straight to Joe Hart (probably aiming to put it out of play) when it kicks off again at 2-2?

Because the bolton match was over and they only got a draw. But that could have been at 3-2.

Anyway, there was definitely an understanding after the last goal.
Original Dub

Postby hyper » Wed May 16, 2012 7:47 am

That's pretty much as I saw it - just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. Also, SWP seems almost apologetic after winning that throw in just before the winner.
hyper
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby ronk » Wed May 16, 2012 10:24 am

A draw still guaranteed them safety after Dzeko's goal. They were still playing for time and not allowing themselves to be drawn out. They were in no rush to take the throw and probably would have rathered not take it at all.
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Esky » Wed May 16, 2012 10:52 am

You can find it at

Fantastic work - so much effort clearly went into it. Much appreciated.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum