Man city buying glory? thats rich

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Man city buying glory? thats rich

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon May 07, 2012 12:37 pm

I'm getting a bit brassed off with all this "holier than thou" rubbish, especially from Rags and Gooners.

Somehow producing replica kit after replica kit putting parents under pressure from their kids, exploitive Cup ticket schemes, £100 match tickets and all the other marketing gems that rip off their fans is morally superior to a multi-billionaire subsidising a club with his own money.

I'll tell you one thing that FFP will lead to - dearer tickets for fans.
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Socrates » Mon May 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:I'm getting a bit brassed off with all this "holier than thou" rubbish, especially from Rags and Gooners.

Somehow producing replica kit after replica kit putting parents under pressure from their kids, exploitive Cup ticket schemes, £100 match tickets and all the other marketing gems that rip off their fans is morally superior to a multi-billionaire subsidising a club with his own money.

I object to your language! Multi billionaire INVESTING his own money in the club...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 07, 2012 3:40 pm

Lev Bronstein wrote:I'm getting a bit brassed off with all this "holier than thou" rubbish, especially from Rags and Gooners.

It gets to me as well....I slammed my phone down on my rag dad the other day as it was like talking to a fucking cabbage.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Socrates » Mon May 07, 2012 3:47 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

It gets to me as well....I slammed my phone down on my rag dad the other day as it was like talking to a fucking cabbage.

Always thought there might be vegetables in your genes!
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Lev Bronstein » Mon May 07, 2012 3:55 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Carl, Son of Cabbage - has a ring to it!
"You sir, will either be hung as a traitor or die of the pox"
"That sir, depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress"
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Socrates wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

My cock has been compared to a cucumber....whereas Im sure you have been confused with a human potato.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon May 07, 2012 8:40 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Socrates wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

[highlight]My cock has been compared to a cucumber[/highlight]....whereas Im sure you have been confused with a human potato.

You might want to get that looked at, mate.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby john68 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:19 am

I would reckon that Carl's cucumber has been well observed over the years.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Socrates » Tue May 08, 2012 4:26 am

Found a pic of Carl's ma and pa with a local celebrity. Seems they were big fans of Charlie Williams.

Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby Wooders » Tue May 08, 2012 11:53 am

rag fans will always find an excuse - the latest one is "living within their means" for the spending they have done i.e. its ok for them to spend and remain top of the football ladder, because they only spend money they have earnt. It's a fairly poor excuse for outright hypocrasy but you try telling one of them that..
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby patrickblue » Tue May 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Wooders wrote:rag fans will always find an excuse - the latest one is "living within their means" for the spending they have done i.e. its ok for them to spend and remain top of the football ladder, because they only spend money they have earnt. It's a fairly poor excuse for outright hypocrasy but you try telling one of them that..

TBH, that's the most pathetic excuse of the lot. That and the one about their youth. Thing is they actually believe all the shite they come out with.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Trautmann » Wed May 09, 2012 12:26 am

Now getting a bitter backlash from Utd fans--bought the title yada yada etc. My take on this is that we are using an accelerated version of Utd's business model: --spend big--win trophies---more revenue---spend bigger.

I would love to have verifiable data on two issues to counter the bollocks I am hearing from them:

How much the current squad cost for Utd and City
The annual wage bill for both.

We needed to accelerate the model for two reasons. First we needed a self-generated quantum leap to make ourselves competitive with the big boys in our ability to attract "A List" players. Second we needed to get ahead of the new rules which are clearly designed to prevent a repetition of City's "project".
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby ronk » Wed May 09, 2012 12:49 am

Trautmann wrote:Now getting a bitter backlash from Utd fans--bought the title yada yada etc. My take on this is that we are using an accelerated version of Utd's business model: --spend big--win trophies---more revenue---spend bigger.

I would love to have verifiable data on two issues to counter the bollocks I am hearing from them:

We needed to accelerate the model for two reasons. First we needed a self-generated quantum leap to make ourselves competitive with the big boys in our ability to attract "A List" players. Second we needed to get ahead of the new rules which are clearly designed to prevent a repetition of City's "project".

I wouldn't even bother refuting, now they know how everyone else felt when they were out spending records on Keane and Ferdinand and Rooney and Veron. They were happy to outspend teams and to use stock market flotation to do it. We bought the title, just like everyone else in the prem era (in particular). There's no point being jealous. I mean let's face it, they wouldn't be even a little put out if the situation were reversed and they were the richest club in football.

FFP means we all have the same rules. We're not allowed just spend, we have to break even, so what are they complaining about. We've had to build up a lot of the team for modest money: Kompany, Zabaleta, Clichy, Hart, Barry, Johnson. We paid a premium for poor timing in getting a few lads like Milner, Lescott and de Jong. But they were still reasonable value.

I've seen a few pricings of squads, most of the time we're a bit higher but not that much and some games we have cheaper squads than them.

Wages are tougher, but then we're doing things like paying part of Adebayor's salary.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Trautmann » Wed May 09, 2012 2:45 am

Thanks Ronk. What blows me away is the self righteousness, and especially the arrogance---"this is our trophy and you are taking it unfairly"
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed May 09, 2012 9:39 am

Trautmann wrote:Now getting a bitter backlash from Utd fans--bought the title yada yada etc. My take on this is that we are using an accelerated version of Utd's business model: --spend big--win trophies---more revenue---spend bigger.

I think this is a fair representation of the wages situation from last season

The transfer fees are a touch more difficult because so many of City's buys have been undisclosed so there is clearly significant anomalies between the reporting of the fees and the reality. For example, by my calculation, the twitter thing that was going round the other day about city's starting line up cost was out by about £28m by my estimates.

Like you say, no point going into an argument with a rag if you don't have the verifiable fact - just makes you look a mug if you bump into a rag who knows what they are on about if you are quoting newspaper numbers.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Trautmann » Wed May 09, 2012 2:34 pm

These salary figures, if correct, represent the stage we were at --having to put up front money to kick start. What follows will be a significant growth in revenues, a less hyper transfer market, together with a clear out of surplus players, to bring things into balance. United's numbers are unsustainable---players will start demanding more a la Rooney, which will be harder to resist in they want to stay in the running.
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby Chinners » Wed May 09, 2012 4:49 pm

Sadly the constant release of kits is something we are going to be saddled with .... same answer thou, just don't buy them if you can't afford to.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby southern softy » Wed May 09, 2012 5:22 pm

whatever happened to UEFA investigating the Etihad stadium sponsorship deal and whether £400m was 'fair value''?
or was that all sorted last year?
southern softy
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: mcfc
My favourite player is: Kun

Postby Rag_hater » Wed May 09, 2012 8:01 pm

It would be a waste of money if we didn't.I'm glad we finally can.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu May 10, 2012 10:02 am

Chinners wrote:Sadly the constant release of kits is something we are going to be saddled with .... same answer thou, just don't buy them if you can't afford to.

Works for me.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum