Man city buying glory? thats rich

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Man city buying glory? thats rich

Postby AG7 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:35 am

Last when I read this piece by Stuart Berenen ( Manchester City buying glory? Now that's rich! : http://1.only.ag/K13dq4 ) I thought he was turning Blue ... but now reading this that he published just today ( Why Manchester City’s critics are hit and myth http://1.only.ag/JiVhkg ) really confirms it!
AG7
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Agueroooooo!

Postby CuteMancs » Thu May 10, 2012 1:22 pm

Another story today, this time from The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... nders.html

Worth a read...

I usually treat my body like a temple. Last night I treated mine like a whorehouse above a liquor store next to a motherfucking Taco Bell.
CuteMancs
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby john@staustell » Thu May 10, 2012 2:09 pm

I dont believe this is excellent at all. I think he was just bored, sat down and added up 3 years books, and threw in what is basically a 'nasty old City' story ahead of our biggest match for 44 years. However this paragraph below is a little sensible, and I'm not sure how these clubs carry on after FFP, once the big transfer revenues that keep them afloat are eliminated. Mind you an owner could always come in and spend loads of dosh winning the league, and hope the Euro thing sorts itself out. No restriction in the league from FFP.

"It may make alarming reading for fans of Aston Villa, Blackburn Rovers, Bolton Wanderers, Everton and West Ham United, whose clubs have spent significantly more than they have earned."
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Patrick » Fri May 11, 2012 7:48 am

I find this tactic hugely effective

Listen very carefully to all the points they make, perhaps tilt your head slightly to one side and nod occasionally to demonstrate that you fully understand

Then stick your face as close as you can and scream. WAAAAAAA WAAAAAAA WAAAAAA
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby failsworthblue » Fri May 11, 2012 7:27 pm

CuteMancs wrote:Another story today, this time from The Telegraph:

Worth a read...

A bitter Arsenal fan who is brought on Talkshite every week by piss pot Brazil and the failed cricketer Irani who think that everything he says is real.

He stated the scum were actually better off with the debt and could afford to spend £70mil a year on players>

says it all
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john@staustell » Fri May 11, 2012 9:09 pm

failsworthblue wrote:
CuteMancs wrote:Another story today, this time from The Telegraph:

Worth a read...

A bitter Arsenal fan who is brought on Talkshite every week by piss pot Brazil and the failed cricketer Irani who think that everything he says is real.

He stated the scum were actually better off with the debt and could afford to spend £70mil a year on players>

says it all

I heard that. Incredible tripe.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Sat May 12, 2012 9:48 am

Never usually get into it with United fans but this is from facebook...Just click on it to zoom

MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Clowncrete » Sat May 12, 2012 6:20 pm

^The Reds are literally swarming the City Facebook page all of a sudden.

As for the OP, thanks for posting this. I am going to link to this everytime my IRL pals start complaining about "City buying titles".
Clowncrete
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Super Kev!

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat May 12, 2012 6:30 pm

MARKMAKAVELI wrote:Never usually get into it with United fans but this is from facebook...Just click on it to zoom

Not one "FUCK OFF YOU MUNCHENHAUSEN AND EAT SHIT..FROM NOW AND FOR EVERRRRRRRRR ?????" was in that little tete a tete......

dissapointing.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john68 » Sat May 12, 2012 7:13 pm

[center]CITY
BUYING IT TO TAUNT EVERY RAG[/center]

[center]"Our Sheik bought the League.
Our Sheik bought the League.
The Glasers were skint, so,
Our Sheik bought the League"[/center]

NOW THAT WOULD ANNOY A FEW OF THEM.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Rag_hater » Sat May 12, 2012 8:02 pm

What were we supposed to do if not buy glory.
Rag_hater

Postby razor400 » Sat May 12, 2012 9:51 pm

The shitty Man utd went to Lloyds to get a loan,
And this is what they said,
FUCK OFF!
You're in debt for half a billion,
And you're gonna be bankrupt soon.

Fuck em.

I've ot made up a song for years.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby IanWright » Sun May 13, 2012 7:31 am

You know, the most telling statistic on that entire article is the fact that the Rags spent £6.75mil on Pallister, Webb, Phelan, Ince and Wallace. This was BEFORE they had even won a league title. I'd like to add Schmeichel into the mix as well. He was the world's most expensive 'keeper when he signed for them in '91, wasn't he?

Now, the fundamental point of all this is that Man Utd "fans" would have you believe that their successes gave them the funds to go out and spend big bucks in the transfer market. Fairy nuff- but where on earth did they get this money prior to '93? An FA Cup success in 1990? The Cup Winners Cup in 91?

The 'holier than thou' crap emanating from their collective orifices makes me sick.

It's very easy to say that Man City have 'bought' the league. In fact, it's a lazy argument. Yes, people will look at the record books in years to come, wonder how Man City got where they are, how they won the league to break the dominance of Man Utd and Chelsea and the simple answer would be; 'ridiculous investment at the behest of a foreign owner'.

However, if you were to look at the kind of money other big clubs have invested, and yet come up wih nothing (Newcastle, Tottenham, Leeds), it's a massive, massive achievement to win the league in spite of what was spent.
"If you asked 100 people, 99 would say Adebayor was wrong. The 100th would be Mark Hughes." Arsene Wenger
IanWright
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Arsenal
My favourite player is: Paul Merson

Postby Bear60 » Sun May 13, 2012 8:39 am

IanWright wrote:You know, the most telling statistic on that entire article is the fact that the Rags spent £6.75mil on Pallister, Webb, Phelan, Ince and Wallace. This was BEFORE they had even won a league title. I'd like to add Schmeichel into the mix as well. He was the world's most expensive 'keeper when he signed for them in '91, wasn't he?

Now, the fundamental point of all this is that Man Utd "fans" would have you believe that their successes gave them the funds to go out and spend big bucks in the transfer market. Fairy nuff- but where on earth did they get this money prior to '93? An FA Cup success in 1990? The Cup Winners Cup in 91?

The 'holier than thou' crap emanating from their collective orifices makes me sick.

It's very easy to say that Man City have 'bought' the league. In fact, it's a lazy argument. Yes, people will look at the record books in years to come, wonder how Man City got where they are, how they won the league to break the dominance of Man Utd and Chelsea and the simple answer would be; 'ridiculous investment at the behest of a foreign owner'.

However, if you were to look at the kind of money other big clubs have invested, and yet come up wih nothing (Newcastle, Tottenham, Leeds), it's a massive, massive achievement to win the league in spite of what was spent.

Great post mate. Rag fans have short memories.
Bear60
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Esky » Sun May 13, 2012 11:49 am

IanWright wrote:You know, the most telling statistic on that entire article is the fact that the Rags spent £6.75mil on Pallister, Webb, Phelan, Ince and Wallace. This was BEFORE they had even won a league title. I'd like to add Schmeichel into the mix as well. He was the world's most expensive 'keeper when he signed for them in '91, wasn't he?

Brilliant post, especially that last sentence.
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby ronk » Sun May 13, 2012 4:12 pm

WORTH EVERY PENNY
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby mr_nool » Sun May 13, 2012 4:19 pm

ronk wrote:WORTH EVERY PENNY

Beat me to it ;-)
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Rag_hater » Sun May 13, 2012 6:54 pm

ronk wrote:WORTH EVERY PENNY

Well said.
Rag_hater

Postby jamesafarren » Sun May 13, 2012 9:30 pm

Maybe that's true but at the end of the day what's wrong with it? As a Liverpool supporter I'm delighted that Man City have won the title today and the way they did it was just incredible. It's not an easy thing to win your first Premier League title regardless of who you're playing. Most exciting thing I've seen in years. I suppose it compares favourably with Liverpool's Champion's League win in 2005.
jamesafarren
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Celtic/Liverpool
My favourite player is: Gary Hooper/Steven Gerard

Postby Swales4ever » Mon May 14, 2012 12:59 am

also, I wouldn't discount the fact that all these 'ridiculous investment at the behest of a foreign owner', are free flowing around English Football, thus benefit all the system.

Plus, it goes without saying... the huge investment on refurbishing Eastlands, relevant jobs created and further bussiness opportunities. I don't recall the same from the Russian and the Trafford development is sooo amateur-esque, as the recent news about Ratface's hotel prove again.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum