Man city buying glory? thats rich

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Man city buying glory? thats rich

Postby johnny crossan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:48 pm

What do you say to people who argue that City have “bought” the title?

I don’t talk to them, its rubbish.

Mike Summerbee
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Slim » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:56 pm

The problem I have with this is BaconChops, all those twats on that show you upload and the tabloids all reported that "money cannot buy the title, you need something extra, a spirit, teamwork, etc etc, fucking, etc".

And now we won it well, we bought it, even though they told us over and over we couldn't and IF we hadn't won, I am sure the headlines would have reiterated that exact sentiment.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stevefromdonny » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:54 pm

if Chelsea win the prem this year, have they bought it with all these signing. but if the scum win it, will they have bought it with there signing, replies on a stamp please
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:09 pm

IF the rags ever win it again it will be with their home grown talent like Vidic and Berbaflop - plus their youngsters like Giggs and Scholes. Gawd bless 'em.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby mugsey » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:19 am

Dameerto wrote:IF the rags ever win it again it will be with their home grown talent like Vidic and Berbaflop - plus their youngsters like Giggs and Scholes. Gawd bless 'em.

Quality
mugsey
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:05 pm

Prices must be out of hand now cos Taggart says so:

"When somebody's paying €45million for a 19-year-old boy you have to say the game's gone mad."

How he must miss the halcyon days of 2004 when 18-year-old shrek cost a mere €41million
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:Prices must be out of hand now cos Taggart says so:

"When somebody's paying €45million for a 19-year-old boy you have to say the game's gone mad."

How he must miss the halcyon days of 2004 when 18-year-old shrek cost a mere €41million

The drunken cunt lost his credibility years ago....everyone just laughs now.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby john@staustell » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:39 am

“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:05 am

I think he is a top player - but if United were genuinely so close to City last season and had no problems in the goalscoring dept, I'm starting to wonder if this huge change in strategy was more about stopping him going to city given the fact United also bid against City for Hazard at silly money.

I don''t think either club actually needed RVP, I genuinely think the battle was all about stopping the other club from signing him
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Alex Sapphire » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:24 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
I don''t think either club actually needed RVP, I genuinely think the battle was all about stopping the other club from signing him

or in our case, once we knew Tevez wanted to stay, making them splash silly cash in the wrong area of their team?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ronk » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:47 pm

We're all willing to spend a few million to make the difference. There are only a few players who could easily make a difference, RVP is one such player.

Rags signed him because they're desperate to provide a credible title challenge or even win it. Their brand is highly reliant on seeing us as a temporary problem. Arsenal were able to lay up and target 4th, but scum fans won't accept that, they won't hang around.

For the moment, this is a PR win for them. They've just played one of their strongest cards though, we're still holding ours. They needed to make the move far more than we did.
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:15 pm

ronk wrote:We're all willing to spend a few million to make the difference. There are only a few players who could easily make a difference, RVP is one such player.

Rags signed him because they're desperate to provide a credible title challenge or even win it. Their brand is highly reliant on seeing us as a temporary problem. Arsenal were able to lay up and target 4th, but scum fans won't accept that, they won't hang around.

For the moment, this is a PR win for them. They've just played one of their strongest cards though, we're still holding ours. They needed to make the move far more than we did.

Good point. The press have certainly latched onto the idea that we have it all to do...but most sane people realise that we arent going away any time soon....four out of five pundits in the mail still think we will win it....and after the rag adoration this summer if we were to win it again it would be even sweeter than last time....what would the spin be then?
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:17 pm

ronk wrote:We're all willing to spend a few million to make the difference. There are only a few players who could easily make a difference, RVP is one such player.

Good point. The press have certainly latched onto the idea that we have it all to do...but most sane people realise that we arent going away any time soon....four out of five pundits in the mail still think we will win it....and after the rag adoration this summer if we were to win it again it would be even sweeter than last time....what would the spin be then?
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:

The spin has already been spun. David Gill has come out and stated that for them to continue to be successful, they only have to be challenging, not winning things. The question is, how long can they go before the glory hunters begin to drop off and stop buying the merchandise, MUTV package or even Sky Sports.

The truth is, we still need them to be challenging to increase our popularity. The commercial side of football is everything nowadays and with us fighting it out with the supposed worlds most viewed side, it cannot only benefit us going forward. When we are competing regularly with the likes of Barca and Real in the CL, they can drop like a stone for all I care as we won't just be about Manchester, we'll be recognised globally in our own right.

We're getting there.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum