Player's who are not good enough

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Player's who are not good enough

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Balotelli wrote:Saw this post on BM. I quite agree with it actually.

Nasri is the elephant in the room. People always say give him a year, look at Silva, etc. I'm sorry, but Silva was class since he came and every sensible person could see it.

He doesn't:
1. Beat a man
2. Create chances for others
3. No end product in the final third.
4. Slows our counters / Doesn't counter well

All he can do is pivot on the ball, and pass to someone else. With him is like playing with 10 men.

There's always a "scapegoat" every match, but this has been true for several matches now.

I can see why we loaned Pizarro on the last day. We only have 2 players with vision and good at passing in the final third. Silva, and Yaya. Nasri is useless offensively the majority of the times. He never takes charge and is not a leader on the pitch.

Sell him to PSG and cut our losses.

We have seen him do all of those things for Arsenal, so that's why we give him time.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Balotelli » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:41 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Balotelli wrote:Saw this post on BM. I quite agree with it actually.

Nasri is the elephant in the room. People always say give him a year, look at Silva, etc. I'm sorry, but Silva was class since he came and every sensible person could see it.

He doesn't:
1. Beat a man
2. Create chances for others
3. No end product in the final third.
4. Slows our counters / Doesn't counter well

All he can do is pivot on the ball, and pass to someone else. With him is like playing with 10 men.

There's always a "scapegoat" every match, but this has been true for several matches now.

I can see why we loaned Pizarro on the last day. We only have 2 players with vision and good at passing in the final third. Silva, and Yaya. Nasri is useless offensively the majority of the times. He never takes charge and is not a leader on the pitch.

Sell him to PSG and cut our losses.

We have seen him do all of those things for Arsenal, so that's why we give him time.

For half a season of form, yes.
Last edited by Balotelli on Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Balotelli
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Wooders » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:43 pm

i think nasri, savic and dzeko will be shipped out at the end of the season
AJ might go as well
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby thegoatfeeder » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Nasri is not Silva, and never will be. He isn't that higher quality, and has never done anything to suggest he will be. He had a wonderful 6 month, a purple patch. Outside of that he is just a good Premier League midfield player, he is a good passer and moves the ball around well.

He definitely is worthy of a place in the squad, but he will never be the world beater some people expect him to be, we should definitely not sell him.
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby freshie » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:55 pm

PeterParker wrote:This is the third season for Savic, after he was NOT a regular, last year, at Partizan. I really have no idea how we decided to buy him, who scouted him, but how the hell do you buy a player that has only 20 games in the Serbian league and throw him in the pit of lions, that Premier league is. That is pure stupidity from the manager and from the entire staff. If he was english, yes, he would had been used to this, but now he must face week in/week out over 30.000 people in the stands, coming from a league that has max 1000.

We fucked things with him, because we didn't knew how to manage his situation. He isn't Vidic and that cunt had some experience in Europe and Russian league before coming to filth.

Good points raised there. It seems Mancini had been naive in his selection of Savic and now he just seems stubborn, as if he is trying to justify his signing. I would rather we had played Micah at centre back and played Clichy at right back (or perhaps even Trippier)
freshie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:55 pm

[youtube]PmAnLflPg6k&feature=related[/youtube]

Have you seen any of that this season? How can you explain players like him, Dzeko, Milner, become shit after they arrive here?

Nasri is not used correct in this system that we have and for the 131313132 time, he didn't had his summer training with us, he had to integrate on the way, while weeks passed.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby stevefromdonny » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:08 pm

thegoatfeeder wrote:We're second in the league, for fuck sake. Some of you are acting like we have just lost to Lincoln in Division 2, getting so sick of the over reactions of City supporters who think we have a divine right to win the league, and win every game things happen, you lose games, deal with it. We might finish 2nd rather than 1st, and some people are screaming disaster, short memories, get behind the team and enjoy how well we are doing compared to how shite we've been for the last 20 years. Rant over!

we are a lot better then the last 20 years, but today we played like we did 20 years ago which for a team whats going after a title is just not good enough, and if posters want to have a go let them
stevefromdonny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: man city
My favourite player is: any1 who plays for city

Postby blues2win » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Why was Lescott not playing? Was he injured? I think Mancini doesn't want to lose Richards pace and strength going down the right flank. Savic isn't good enough to be our fourth centre back but he wouldn't have been playing without the injury in Portugal to Vinnie. Having said all that it's ridiculous to blame Savic for that performance when there were so many other far better players playing utter dogshite. Playing on Thursday night in Portugal is not an excuse but it's a partial reason in my view.

It's hard to be confident about the League now. Sure we may well beat the rags but today's pathetic performance is hardly a one off. Sunderland, Everton now Swansea. Just not good enough. Hands up those who are confident we will win at Stoke, Norwich and Arsenal. Of course we can but will we turn up and play to our abilities?

God it's fucking depressing.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Citychick60 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:12 pm

thegoatfeeder wrote:We're second in the league, for fuck sake. Some of you are acting like we have just lost to Lincoln in Division 2, getting so sick of the over reactions of City supporters who think we have a divine right to win the league, and win every game things happen, you lose games, deal with it. We might finish 2nd rather than 1st, and some people are screaming disaster, short memories, get behind the team and enjoy how well we are doing compared to how shite we've been for the last 20 years. Rant over!

The best rant on here today !!!!!
Citychick60
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Colin bell

Postby feedthegreek » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:14 pm

players who arent good enough? is that dzecko who scored 4 at spurs then got dropped v wigan at home, nasri who scored a blinder v spurs that helped get us the 3pts, all the players have done great things for us this season even kolorov in champs league.
true some are better than others but none of them are crap, even savic scored v blackburn away the fourth. weve been robbed out of 2 cup competitions, and were 1pt behind scum in the league with all the help they have had off bias refs, have a word with yourselves.
weve had our 2 centre halves out for todays game and 1 is our captain ffs.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:17 pm

PeterParker wrote:[youtube]PmAnLflPg6k&feature=related[/youtube]

Have you seen any of that this season? How can you explain players like him, Dzeko, Milner, become shit after they arrive here?

Nasri is not used correct in this system that we have and for the 131313132 time, he didn't had his summer training with us, he had to integrate on the way, while weeks passed.

He's not used correctly? Bollocks. He's been shite. I could forgive his lack of defending if he did something going forward but he offers nothing going forward, absolutely nothing.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:21 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

He's not used correctly? Bollocks. He's been shite. I could forgive his lack of defending if he did something going forward but he offers nothing going forward, absolutely nothing.

I refuse to accept that the Nasri we all know is this shit. You can't transform over night from a great young player, that is used to the premiership, that has talent, to what we seen the past weeks.
The same goes with Silva, he has been as shit as Nasri for a while now.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:24 pm

PeterParker wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

I refuse to accept that the Nasri we all know is this shit. You can't transform over night from a great young player, that is used to the premiership, that has talent, to what we seen the past weeks.

I'm not saying he's a shit player because he has fantastic ability. But he's been worse than shit for us. He's contributed fuck all, he was virtually non existent today and puts in little effort. I don't care how good he was for Arsenal.
Bridge'srightfoot

Postby thegoatfeeder » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:25 pm

stevefromdonny wrote:

we are a lot better then the last 20 years, but today we played like we did 20 years ago which for a team whats going after a title is just not good enough, and if posters want to have a go let them

Of course people can have a go, but at the same time i'm just venting my frustration too. We call United fans Rags because they are arrogant and believe they have a divine right to win every game, I fear some City fans are going the same way. I'd never get on the back of a fellow blue, but sometimes I get more pissed off by the reaction of fans than I do by the result!

It's probably just me, maybe I should avoid twitter, facebook and this forum lol.
Last edited by thegoatfeeder on Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thegoatfeeder
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater

Postby King Kev » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:25 pm

On today's showing I would say Silva isn't good enough.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:29 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

I'm not saying he's a shit player because he has fantastic ability. But he's been worse than shit for us. He's contributed fuck all, he was virtually non existent today and puts in little effort. I don't care how good he was for Arsenal.

That's the point, mate. I genuine think that he isn't used correct, the same goes with Dzeko. In many occasions, he looks like he and Silva don't click, because they almost everytime are next to each other, when they had the ball. My explanation is that at Arse, Nasri played Silva's role and Bob had failed to find his position yet. The best example is that his world class game and the only one, since he came here, was the firswt one, with Spuds.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Goaters 103 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:29 pm

King Kev wrote:On today's showing I would say Silva isn't good enough.

Id agree. Since the turn of the year he's really dropped off.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Sheikhermaker » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:30 pm

I'm sure I read that the team stayed in Lisbon and flew direct to Wales for todays game? Did the lads train between games? We looked jaded and far from sharp today. Lot of poor performances but credit to Swansea.
Sheikhermaker
Robinho's Step Over

My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby PeterParker » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Sheikhermaker wrote:I'm sure I read that the team stayed in Lisbon and flew direct to Wales for todays game? Did the lads train between games? We looked jaded and far from sharp today. Lot of poor performances but credit to Swansea.

They flew to Cardiff yesterday.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby blues2win » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:35 pm

Personally I think he'd be better playing through the middle than on the flank but that's just my opinion.

What really annoyed me was that we started off so lethargically today. It's so important that we start off pressing in packs and dominating possession. The perfect away game I can remember was the away game at Fulham last season. As good a game ( particularly the first 45 minutes) as I've seen away from home under Mancini.
blues2win
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum