Player's who are not good enough

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Player's who are not good enough

Postby Im_Spartacus » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:44 pm

Blue Since 76 wrote:
King Kev wrote:It's almost as though our coaching staff know our players better than some of us fans!

Thank fuck Mancini's knee doesn't jerk around as much as some when something goes wrong.

He's had one good game and, to be honest, faded in and out of that at times. Yesterday was the minimum he should be achieving not the pinnacle.

Spot on, I thought he was very poor and wasteful for much of the game, and was lucky not to be dragged instead of Dave as they were both equally poor until that point
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:51 pm

Nasri by all accounts has had a terrible season. Far too many games he's been a passenger, contributed nothing going forward and even less defensively. Always on the edge of the game. Last night showed what he can do but that's how he needs to play every game. Sometimes it wont come off for him but I expect to see that level of commitment and drive from him week in week out.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby Bobsimon » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:10 am

oh that was absolutely an amazing video rene adler & patrick vieira really pulled it off
worth the watch :)
Bobsimon
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:10 am

Fuck off.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby sachaxbeswick » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:13 am

Nasri played well in the chelsea game, i think he will improve. I really cannot stand savic. He plays for a high class team which is too good for him. And also, i know this seems like im judging a book by its cover, but he's like a twig, how can that defend?
Dzeko tries too hard. He needs to stand up front near the net and be a convinient post who will knock it in. Hes not skillfull.

The rest are all amazing, i think. Especially Sergio Aguero. Not only is he nice to look at ;) , hes such an amazing striker too. How many goals is it this season? Like 25 or something? X
sachaxbeswick
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Sergio 'Kun' Aguero

Postby phips » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:59 pm

Kolarov
Jovetic
Fernando
Navas
Caballero
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:03 pm

phips wrote:Kolarov
Jovetic
Fernando
Navas
Caballero

I agree with this , Kompany have nightmare form also but he can bounce back
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby phips » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Cit.revenge wrote:
Jovetic
Fernando
Navas
Caballero

I agree with this , Kompany have nightmare form also but he can bounce back

yup and that's why i didn't include him. those 5 i mentioned above should, in my eyes, be sent on their way and better replacements found. the ambition of the club is way too high to carry dead weight like this.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby roblues » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:34 pm

Jovetic
Fernando
Navas
Caballero

Unfortunately I am now pretty much in agreement on all players, but with one caveat - Jovetic is a little bit of a victim of the system in which he is playing. He tries things that will never come off and are at times embarrassing, but they look so much worse when there is nobody within fifteen yards hustling to try to get the ball back. If we are going to create chances without Yaya, it can't be purely on Silva, but if we are going to slaughter Jovetic every week for trying something unorthodox (and again, I have already said that some of the shit he tries is embarrassingly bad) then we need to change the system to generate chances from elsewhere.

Which is easier - trying to buy someone who can create opportunities of the quality that a Silva/Yaya combo can produce, or changing the system to play to the strengths of those available?
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby razor400 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:42 pm

roblues wrote:
Jovetic
Fernando
Navas
Caballero

Unfortunately I am now pretty much in agreement on all players, but with one caveat - Jovetic is a little bit of a victim of the system in which he is playing. He tries things that will never come off and are at times embarrassing, but they look so much worse when there is nobody within fifteen yards hustling to try to get the ball back. If we are going to create chances without Yaya, it can't be purely on Silva, but if we are going to slaughter Jovetic every week for trying something unorthodox (and again, I have already said that some of the shit he tries is embarrassingly bad) then we need to change the system to generate chances from elsewhere.

Which is easier - trying to buy someone who can create opportunities of the quality that a Silva/Yaya combo can produce, or changing the system to play to the strengths of those available?

Just got off the phone with my Dad and we came up with the same list.
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby Goaters 103 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:18 pm

Fernando, Navas, Caballero, Jovetic all aren't good enough.

Ive tried with Fernando, I really have but he simply isn't top level in terms of ability or what he brings to the table.

Navas has mastered the art of wasting great opportunities to either cross a ball, or beat a full back. Not enough end product.

Caballero? £6m for a reserve keeper, and he is very much 2nd best - nope, not for me.

Jovetic - what is he? Do we know, does he even know? If we can get £20m back Id get shut right now as a down payment for Pogba.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Cit.revenge » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:21 pm

Fernando mistake a big one , Jovetic i like but he had time to impress , hes still did not. How many years he needs to shine. And all players who are good enough shine at list 10 games in Two season. Negredo should stay and Jojo should be sold. But i kind think from what i saw tonight Jovetic will stay Edin will go. To be honest Fernandhino is not quality that we pay also. Garcia is much much better then Fernando.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
Cit.revenge

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:52 pm

Really, judging players as a failure on one season, is just fucking historically wrong.

If they are absolutely nowhere near it, then it's a good bet they aren't upto it, but if they are somewhere in the ballpark & a bit off it, then writing them off is a mugs' game.

We have had a lot of fucking mugs as City fans over the years, & they have written off some of our most successful players.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:55 pm

Sergio Agureo, David Silva, Vincent Kompany, Stevan Jovetic, and every other player that played the last 2 games.

Strangely, before our last 2 games, and when we went on that unbeaten run, we were doing pretty damn well. Only since we've tried to force players back into the team have we had problems.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:41 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Sergio Agureo, David Silva, Vincent Kompany, Stevan Jovetic, and every other player that played the last 2 games.

Strangely, before our last 2 games, and when we went on that unbeaten run, we were doing pretty damn well. Only since we've tried to force players back into the team have we had problems.

Whisper it but silva has been awful, and not just by his own lofty standards. zabba fucking dogshit for most of the season. Kompany...no words! Aguero a shadow.

The so called spine of our team is a shambles and our season circling the drain.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Sergio Agureo, David Silva, Vincent Kompany, Stevan Jovetic, and every other player that played the last 2 games.

Whisper it but silva has been awful, and not just by his own lofty standards. zabba fucking dogshit for most of the season. Kompany...no words! Aguero a shadow.

The so called spine of our team is a shambles and our season circling the drain.

Still, second in the league and playing Barcelona in Europe. Could be worse.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:05 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:

Still, second in the league and playing Barcelona in Europe. Could be worse.

Give it a couple of weeks...
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Socrates » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:07 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Still, second in the league and playing Barcelona in Europe. Could be worse.

No good bringing perspective into a good old fashioned hatefest.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:14 pm

Socrates wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Still, second in the league and playing Barcelona in Europe. Could be worse.

No good bringing perspective into a good old fashioned hatefest.

You probably need to add that just 15 years ago we were in the third tier of English football and we should therefore be grateful. Ickle City doing really well, considering.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Hazy2 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:30 am

Not going to slag the players, as easy as that would be, but the recruitment has to go up a notch, Pogba is essential, for such a young player, he has Vieira type charisma, he could win a game and drag players along. Pressure for places is killing us, we have very little back up that is trusted, as Ted said some have had a second chance and will never cut it. We need 5 players and a clear out of dead wood, well paid dead wood is hard to shift. Yesterday was another game where a Tevez says fuck this and a touch of aggression, run shot goal, we lack a few leaders and sorry have a very quickly lost if we do not score early, pays conceding 2 a game is a worry, even at Everton we should have won easy and but for Hart would have lost 3-1. The travel thing planned ages ago fine, but as we have had close to a month very local, that even looks like a mistake now. Chelsea here we come do or die time.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum